PDA

View Full Version : Shit just got real on The Walking Dead.

Marilio
11-28-2011, 04:00
Shit got real son.

Niburu
11-28-2011, 04:12
arghhh

[LoD] EE
11-28-2011, 04:32
Yep! Maggie likes Glen!

Drock
11-28-2011, 04:41
That is hands down the worst show I have seen in a very long time.

Seriousbisnis
11-28-2011, 04:42
I liked it before it turned into a fucking soap opera.

Chernobog
11-28-2011, 05:53

This.

[LoD] EE
11-28-2011, 05:55
Well, I think its finally starting to man up again, hopefully it stays on that track.

TumorousGrowth
11-28-2011, 06:13
i'm glad that shitty story with the lost kid is finally tied up.

Niburu
11-28-2011, 06:30
Episode 7 out ? I like the series....

Captain Kirk
11-28-2011, 08:41

I liked the first episode aswell

Njai
11-28-2011, 09:08
i'm glad that shitty story with the lost kid is finally tied up.

It went on for too long but sad to see how it ended for her. Just hope next episodes baby daddy drama doesn't come up. Anyone know where t dawg (The black guy) has been all this time, I haven't seen him since the water zombie.

Emolas
11-28-2011, 09:24
Season one:
Close-call survival
Hospital
Nursing home
Three different cities
Hordes of zombies
Exploding military facility

Season two:
A ranch
A kid getting shot
A kid getting lost

Makestro
11-28-2011, 09:28
Well thank fucking god is all I have to say.

zato`1
11-28-2011, 10:12
so did he know he had sophia or not

Jedicake
11-28-2011, 10:47
Fucking perfect ending to the mid season finale.

Best episode by far.

karlek
11-28-2011, 12:55
Fucking perfect ending to the mid season finale.

Best episode by far.

Agree. Although I do not like Shane that barn scene was pretty good.

Maybe things will pick up from here since they don't have to search for you know who.

DeadlyHit
11-28-2011, 13:19
Fkin Shane LOL.

Also now to wait till feb for the next ep ;<

Esudar
11-28-2011, 13:44
nobody died so shit didnt really get real..

was ok tho

Ragnarok Delrhe
11-28-2011, 15:03
It's starting to stretch away from the comic book big time. :p Not terrible though cause I prefer Shane in the serie.

Abaratican
11-28-2011, 15:38
It's starting to stretch away from the comic book big time. :p Not terrible though cause I prefer Shane in the serie.

No one cares if Han or Greedo shot first.

As an aside, I'm glad they finally put a bullet in that little girl's head so I don't have to watch more of the same episode.

Pallist
11-28-2011, 15:53
I hate kids.
I hate pregnant women.

This show has focused far too long on things I hate. Kill the other kid, abort the baby, fight zombies.

Ragnarok Delrhe
11-28-2011, 16:16
I hate kids.
I hate pregnant women.

This show has focused far too long on things I hate. Kill the other kid, abort the baby, fight zombies.

the other kid becomes a badass motherfucker.

Abaratican
11-28-2011, 16:19
the other kid becomes a badass motherfucker.

Unless you have seen unaired episodes, your "graphic novel" based statement can go die in a fire.

Marrik
11-28-2011, 16:35
so shane is still alive in the show?

Bissen
11-28-2011, 16:36
Shit got real....ly boring.

88Chaz88
11-28-2011, 16:41
Shit got real....ly boring.

Got?

DeadlyHit
11-28-2011, 16:45
so shane is still alive in the show?

Considering how slow this season is going... its better he is he actually brings something to the table.

[LoD] EE
11-28-2011, 16:48
Well, at least it seems their welcome mat has been pulled out from under them.

I think they will be moving on shortly.

Hyphelion
11-28-2011, 17:25
Asian kid: "I let them lower me into the well like it was fun... like I was playing Portal... it's a video game"
Girl: "... of course it's a video game"

Shit is getting real in Terra Nova too.

[LoD] EE
11-28-2011, 17:27
Asian kid: "I let them lower me into the well like it was fun... like I was playing Portal... it's a video game"
Girl: "... of course it's a video game"

Shit is getting real in Terra Nova too.

I cant watch Terra Nova.. that shit is bad on so many levels.

Hey Walker Bait! haha.. made me laugh

Reckin Crew
11-28-2011, 18:52
Fkin Shane LOL.

Also now to wait till feb for the next ep ;<

???

no more eps till feb? is this correct?

[LoD] EE
11-28-2011, 19:02
???

no more eps till feb? is this correct?

Correct.

Not sure if I like this new trend in TV, splitting seasons up into two halves.

nizzie
11-28-2011, 19:32
It's amazing how the show developed. At the end of season 1 I wasn't very impressed, in fact I started watching season 2 only because I was bored, but right now it's actually my favorite show of the week.

[LoD] EE
11-28-2011, 19:54
It's amazing how the show developed. At the end of season 1 I wasn't very impressed, in fact I started watching season 2 only because I was bored, but right now it's actually my favorite show of the week.

It has not dropped out of my top 5.

Then again, I only really watch 5 shows a week.

Walking Dead
American Horror Story
Breaking Bad
Fringe
Game of Thrones

I could really give a shit about anything else on TV.

I do Partake in Gold Rush, Pawn Stars and Auction Hunters from time to time along with the PBS Antique Roadshow.

nizzie
11-28-2011, 20:09
EE;5236500']It has not dropped out of my top 5.

Then again, I only really watch 5 shows a week.

Walking Dead
American Horror Story
Breaking Bad
Fringe
Game of Thrones

I could really give a shit about anything else on TV.

I do Partake in Gold Rush, Pawn Stars and Auction Hunters from time to time along with the PBS Antique Roadshow.

Boardwalk Empire? It's always sunny in Philadelphia? Both great shows. BE for being yet another HBO historical drama made of pure awesomeness and IASIP for being one of the few good comedy shows (and without laugh tracks).

[LoD] EE
11-28-2011, 20:15
Boardwalk Empire? It's always sunny in Philadelphia? Both great shows. BE for being yet another HBO historical drama made of pure awesomeness and IASIP for being one of the few good comedy shows (and without laugh tracks).

I do not have anything beyond basic cable right now. I have not had a paid channel like HBO in over 10 years. Waste of money in my opinion.

Its always sunny in PA I used to catch from time to time but I dropped my cable down to basic recently so I dont get that channel any more.

Makestro
11-28-2011, 20:21
EE;5236537']I do not have anything beyond basic cable right now. I have not had a paid channel like HBO in over 10 years. Waste of money in my opinion.

Its always sunny in PA I used to catch from time to time but I dropped my cable down to basic recently so I dont get that channel any more.

See I do not own basic cable but I would pay for Starz, Sho, and HBO because those 3 companies tend to produce good tv. The only good stations on basic cable are Spike, AMC, and the 'educational' channels. And those stations allow you to watch their programming online for free.

[LoD] EE
11-28-2011, 20:25
See I do not own basic cable but I would pay for Starz, Sho, and HBO because those 3 companies tend to produce good tv. The only good stations on basic cable are Spike, AMC, and the 'educational' channels. And those stations allow you to watch their programming online for free.

I usually have it on Discovery, TLC, History. 99% of the time I am on one of those if not CSPAN.

Too bad basic doesnt give 2 of the 3 'educational' channels.

Speaking of 'educational'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ1Dm0AQreM&feature=related

Jedicake
11-28-2011, 20:38
Could you guys imagine how fucking amazing it would be if you could pick and choose which channels you want and which ones you don't want, god damn, too bad that'll never happen though.

Makestro
11-28-2011, 20:46
Could you guys imagine how fucking amazing it would be if you could pick and choose which channels you want and which ones you don't want, god damn, too bad that'll never happen though.

Lol, it would be amazing, I could live with 10 channels and the movie channels and be just fine.

military channel, history, discovery, sci-fi, amc, tlc, spike, and.... I dunno fx and versus. maybe hdnet because of the mma they have on it. Just not many good tv stations and all the good shit you can watch via the internet now.

cspan has live streams, all the news networks for the most part do, most the channels I listed put their weekly episodes up for people to watch a day or 2 delayed. Only channels you can't enjoy thanks to the internet(legally) is hbo, starz and showtime, and half their stuff ends up on netflix anyways, what brings me to the point you're better off subscribing to netflix if you don't watch tv like a housewife.

Reckin Crew
11-28-2011, 21:01
that link i sent you Lod has them all....

Sons of Anarchy and Boardwalk Empire are great shows also.

nizzie
11-28-2011, 21:36
EE;5236537']I do not have anything beyond basic cable right now. I have not had a paid channel like HBO in over 10 years. Waste of money in my opinion.

Yeah, I can understand that. I got a basic cable/internet/phone package deal, because that's all I need - I don't watch sports (and even if I did, I wouldn't need dozens of different camera perspectives) and I don't need any movie channels. I'm fine with a couple of news channels, a few for reports, documentaries and culture. And those are all free.

I'm glad that pay-tv never got very popular in Germany (and Europe, I think), everything eventually ends up on free-tv here. Then again it's all dubbed, and there's no way to get HBO or AMC here (I'd even pay for those), so I watch them online.

DAA KAPUTTMACHA
11-28-2011, 22:41
Yeah, I can understand that. I got a basic cable/internet/phone package deal, because that's all I need - I don't watch sports (and even if I did, I wouldn't need dozens of different camera perspectives) and I don't need any movie channels. I'm fine with a couple of news channels, a few for reports, documentaries and culture. And those are all free.

I'm glad that pay-tv never got very popular in Germany (and Europe, I think), everything eventually ends up on free-tv here. Then again it's all dubbed, and there's no way to get HBO or AMC here (I'd even pay for those), so I watch them online.

If we were able to produce quality tv shows like AMC or HBO do i would welcome such a pay tv model in germany.
Imagine there wouldnt be these pay tv channels in the US. There wouldnt be any Game of Thrones, Walking Dead or Boardwalk Empire.
I dont envy the US for many things, but they produce some high quality series there.

ontopic:
I got a bit bored in the last episodes, but s0207 was good again. I am glad Darrel and Sophies Mum didnt make out. Feared that for a moment or two.

Ragnarok Delrhe
11-28-2011, 23:19
Unless you have seen unaired episodes, your "graphic novel" based statement can go die in a fire.

agree

that link i sent you Lod has them all....

Sons of Anarchy and Boardwalk Empire are great shows also.

I love the song theme of Sons of Anarchy it's awesome. And it's not a music style I usually enjoy at all.

nizzie
11-28-2011, 23:41
If we were able to produce quality tv shows like AMC or HBO do i would welcome such a pay tv model in germany.
Imagine there wouldnt be these pay tv channels in the US. There wouldnt be any Game of Thrones, Walking Dead or Boardwalk Empire.
I dont envy the US for many things, but they produce some high quality series there.

You can't really compare the US and Germany. If Hollywood produces a movie or tv show it get sold to the entire world. If Germany produces movies or tv shows.. well, not so much (except for Alarm für Cobra 11 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC-6_Wthuz0) :ninja:). I doubt the pay-tv model is actually responsible for the high quality, but rather amount they make with ads and royalties (or whatever that's called for selling shows in other countries).

[LoD] EE
11-28-2011, 23:46
You can't really compare the US and Germany. If Hollywood produces a movie or tv show it get sold to the entire world. If Germany produces movies or tv shows.. well, not so much (except for Alarm für Cobra 11 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC-6_Wthuz0) :ninja:). I doubt the pay-tv model is actually responsible for the high quality, but rather amount they make with ads and royalties (or whatever that's called for selling shows in other countries).

Wow, that was horrible on so many levels but better than anything I have seen on Telemundo.

Hyphelion
11-29-2011, 01:15
EE;5236334']I cant watch Terra Nova.. that shit is bad on so many levels.

It might become interesting if...
commander's son succeeds in developing technology that will enable government of the future to exploit resources of Terra Nova in the past and people of Terra Nova starting a war of independence against them

However, chances of that happening are low due to show's low budget.

xarnthal
11-29-2011, 02:42
Season one:
Close-call survival
Hospital
Nursing home
Three different cities
Hordes of zombies
Exploding military facility

Season two:
A ranch
A kid getting shot
A kid getting lost

lol, that summed it up very well

Season 2 had a couple good moments, I liked it more than season 1 in general. But the kid lost in the woods was way too many episodes.

They need to get back to blowing shit up and stop trying to live in the old dudes house.

nessan
11-29-2011, 07:36
Lol, Shane felt just like I did in that episode. It seemed like he was just about the only guy trying to keep the show interesting.

*Rick wants to keep looking for Sophia
"Hell no"

*Dale removes guns from camp in an attempt to make show gun free
"Hell no...."

*Shane sees Rick trying to keep people on farm by helping Hershel with the walkers
"O HELL NO!!!! Fuck This, We Killing Shit."

------
I have to say though, it was so beautiful seeing Rick put a bullet into Sophia. Even though the "twist" was obvious and corny as hell, it brought a tear to my eye to see that this "life at the farm" arc was finally over.

Njai
11-29-2011, 07:49
I have to say though, it was so beautiful seeing Rick put a bullet into Sophia. Even though the "twist" was obvious and corny as hell, it brought a tear to my eye to see that this "life at the farm" arc was finally over.

I usually always see these things coming but I didn't expect her to be dead let alone in the barn.

nessan
11-29-2011, 07:55
I usually always see these things coming but I didn't expect her to be dead let alone in the barn.

The thing is, they had to have "something" for the mid-season finally, and it needed to both give the group a reason to stop searching for Sophia and give people something to talk about till Feb. that didn't completely piss people off for wasting half a season already looking for her.

People had already searched the area surrounding the farm for miles, so she couldnt be dead, and had she just walked onto the farm or if people had accidently spotted her, people would have raged. The only thing that could have worked was for her to be in that barn.

Njai
11-29-2011, 07:59
The thing is, they had to have "something" for the mid-season finally, and it needed to both give the group a reason to stop searching for Sophia and give people something to talk about till Feb. that didn't completely piss people off for wasting half a season already looking for her.

People had already searched the area surrounding the farm for miles, so she couldnt be dead, and had she just walked onto the farm or if people had accidently spotted her, people would have raged. The only thing that could have worked was for her to be in that barn.

Yeah I probably would have been more open to thinking that if I knew it was the finale lol. I was pissed when they said new episodes in Feb. I thought they would leave the mom or something, leave it open for later like what they did with the black guy and his son in the first or second episode.

nessan
11-29-2011, 08:18
All I know is that Lori needs to die. I don't want to have to watch another season and a half (season 3 already confirmed) of Lori talking about her pregnancy. In addition, Dale, T-Dog, Carol, and the entire Hershel family all need to die.

Hell, even kill off Shane (and Andrea) if it means stopping the plot from stagnating.

I want my all-star team of Glen, Rick, Daryl, and Carl (if he can become hardened real fucking soon) to go out and face the world. Find some real women that aren't the downers that we have to deal with in the show. Even a badass version of Maggie that wasn't so whiny would do.

Ragnarok Delrhe
11-29-2011, 11:11
Am I the only one who realised that they werent shooting at all for real? Like they were shootbut the handguns had no recoil whatsoever. The only one who showed a bit of recoil was Rick. (May be because my sound wasnt on track with the visuals therefore I was completely focused on the visuals of the guns)

All I know is that Lori needs to die. I don't want to have to watch another season and a half (season 3 already confirmed) of Lori talking about her pregnancy. In addition, Dale, T-Dog, Carol, and the entire Hershel family all need to die.

Hell, even kill off Shane (and Andrea) if it means stopping the plot from stagnating.Shane should already be dead at least he was in the comic book, from what I remember. Hershell, Dale and Andrea are important for the story that follows. She doesnt stay as bitchy as she was at the beginning. Lori is also important because she's the reason they stay in the next place they stay at. And thank god they'll find Tyreese soon, hopefully.

Abaratican
11-29-2011, 15:52
it brought a tear to my eye to see that this "life at the farm" arc was finally over.

If you weren't cheering/laughing/so fucking happy the show had a chance to stop being a worthless pile of shit now that the stupid bitch was dead, particularly if your alternative reaction was crying like a woman... :bang:

nizzie
11-29-2011, 17:37
(May be because my sound wasnt on track with the visuals therefore I was completely focused on the visuals of the guns)

thewalkingdead.207.PROPER.hd720p.avi right? :ninja:

Emolas
11-29-2011, 17:48
thewalkingdead.207.PROPER.hd720p.avi right? :ninja:

Always read comments first!

nizzie
11-29-2011, 17:49
Always read comments first!

But I can't waiiiiiit!!!!

DAA KAPUTTMACHA
11-29-2011, 18:03
http://www.buzzfeed.com/matth29/the-walking-dead-bizzaro-version-37ri

Slaker
11-29-2011, 20:24

Yes you can, at least here in Canada with Videotron.

Emolas
11-29-2011, 20:53

You can do that in many european countries, too.

Wonderboy2402
11-29-2011, 21:48
Those budget cuts are really starting to show.

Been like 4 episodes of sitting on the same 30 acre farm lot... Occasionally showing a zombie then 40 minutes of drama / soap opera.

Sacred Blood
11-30-2011, 12:04
sophia being in the barn was really fucking obvious, season 1 was alot better

Nat daprat
11-30-2011, 12:52
I unfortunately saw the twist coming when they kept the barn so secret and when they fed them chickens. I thought she may have just been eaten, not turned, however.

Laxe
11-30-2011, 13:28

move to europe

you can chose what chanells you want

Niburu
12-03-2011, 05:50
i liked it, hoewever you really see the budget cuts.......what a shame because thats such a interesting series

Holmis
12-03-2011, 17:32

If there is a show that has gone down the drain the second season it's boardwalk empire, so fucking boring now. Who cares about the cop who knocked up an anoying bitch or wants to see failure of everything all the time?

nizzie
12-03-2011, 17:51
If there is a show that has gone down the drain the second season it's boardwalk empire, so fucking boring now. Who cares about the cop who knocked up an anoying bitch or wants to see failure of everything all the time?

I do. You don't seem to be familiar with HBO dramas, they focus on character development.

hunt5001
12-03-2011, 20:48
sophia being in the barn was really fucking obvious, season 1 was alot better

Ya you could see her in one of the older episodes like 5 or 6 or something like that. Which ever episode it was that he found it.

Holmis
12-03-2011, 22:00
I do. You don't seem to be familiar with HBO dramas, they focus on character development.

I have seen a lot of HBO series and for me they always feel original unlike the second season of BE which feels extremely stereotypical and predictable to me.