PDA

View Full Version : EA will ban you from ALL their games, if you play on unoffical BF3 servers

Civilization
10-03-2011, 12:09
Since then, DICE has released a statement on Battlelog, informing users not to join any unofficial/hacked servers. Doing so can compromise your EA account and have it banned by EA (meaning you won’t have access to your other EA games, either).

http://bf3blog.com/2011/10/battlefield-3-beta-hacked-to-support-128-players/

Gene Burnett - Jump You F*#kers (A Song For Wall Street) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yge311sFhC8)

Battlecall Of Dutyfield and Hitler as head of PR? Not gonna buy.

Weeking
10-03-2011, 12:29
http://bf3blog.com/2011/10/battlefield-3-beta-hacked-to-support-128-players/

Gene Burnett - Jump You F*#kers (A Song For Wall Street) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yge311sFhC8)

Battlecall Of Dutyfield and Hitler as head of PR? Not gonna buy.

But they changed the EA accounts to Origin Accounts.

screw loose
10-03-2011, 12:35
The game is bad and the company is terrible. They announce download content before the game launches that you will have to pay for. They do it because they know that people would rather bend over and hand over the 10$ than protest that type of business.

They also don't offer any mod support (no free content, must buy from EA) and the only way to play it is on their platform Origins (it's EULA has some shady clauses).

Fuck EA.

[LoD] EE
10-03-2011, 12:47
The game is bad and the company is terrible. They announce download content before the game launches that you will have to pay for. They do it because they know that people would rather bend over and hand over the 10$ than protest that type of business.

They also don't offer any mod support (no free content, must buy from EA) and the only way to play it is on their platform Origins (it's EULA has some shady clauses).

Fuck EA.

EA has been a shit company for over 10 years now. Why people still buy their crap is beyond me. Its like Blizzard, what was the last good thing that shit hole of a company has made? World of Boredcraft? All these companies are going to shit.

ISVRaDa
10-03-2011, 13:02

Fuck EA.

?¿

Is just your point of view. I don´t like battlelog but I love the game. Pay for content? welcome to 2011/2012.

Ghias
10-03-2011, 13:10
?¿

Is just your point of view. I don´t like battlelog but I love the game. Pay for content? welcome to 2011/2012.

This is not the year. This is weak customers sucking corporate dick like crackwhores regardless of how shit-smeared it is. If you spineless customers would actually say fuck you and not buy their shit we wouldn't have to deal with it becoming increasingly popular.

ISVRaDa
10-03-2011, 13:18
This is not the year. This is weak customers sucking corporate dick like crackwhores regardless of how shit-smeared it is. If you spineless customers would actually say fuck you and not buy their shit we wouldn't have to deal with it becoming increasingly popular.

Weak customers? this is how this industry works nowadays.

You always can try saying "no, I will not buy their shit", like a lot of people said in the past, but nothing changed :).

Like I said, if we like it or not, welcome to the real world.

PD: I´m not paying any DLC for any PC game, but I know that there are a lot of people that pays for new content, because they want. Like you paid every month to play in a MMO.

Emolas
10-03-2011, 13:33
The unofficial servers actually can steal your information and reset your stats, so that's why. It's not like there's a pirated version out. It's open beta, yo.

Ghias
10-03-2011, 13:42
Well you're right not much changed. But it is not cause of developers but customers. If customers wouldn't buy it the developers would be forced to change to save their bussiness. Sadly most customers say no and act yes.

You can easily follow that development with witcher 2 and gog.com which offers drm free at same price. Despite it offering it and beeing the devs own page still most seemed to go with steam which will likely only cause problems with mods in the future as it happened with oblivion.

Vor'Dus[DiE]
10-03-2011, 13:46
EE;5172314']EA has been a shit company for over 10 years now. Why people still buy their crap is beyond me. Its like Blizzard, what was the last good thing that shit hole of a company has made? World of Boredcraft? All these companies are going to shit.

Paradox Interactive is fun.
I like BioWare a lot, but they are owned by EA :(. I only buy games from BioWare though, no other games from EA

nizzie
10-03-2011, 13:51
Weak customers? this is how this industry works nowadays.

And whose fault is it? RIGHT. THE WEAK CUSTOMERS.

People have no integrity, despite the shit EA pulled (as listed by screw loose) with BF3 it's going to sell really well, only very few will actually not buy the game even if it's really great.

Same with Facebook, every damn month yet another scandal. But how many actually say enough and stop using it? Next to none.

Suncross
10-03-2011, 14:02
http://qkme.me/355686

Vor'Dus[DiE]
10-03-2011, 14:05
And whose fault is it? RIGHT. THE WEAK CUSTOMERS.

People have no integrity, despite the shit EA pulled (as listed by screw loose) with BF3 it's going to sell really well, only very few will actually not buy the game even if it's really great.

Same with Facebook, every damn month yet another scandal. But how many actually say enough and stop using it? Next to none.

I wont buy BF3 and I dont have Facebook, im suppose im special, but really I dont see the point to have facebook. I have my cellphone to call my friends, or I can use skype/ msn / mumble etc to get to my internet friends.

Jimmyhat
10-03-2011, 14:08
EE;5172314']EA has been a shit company for over 10 years now. Why people still buy their crap is beyond me. Its like Blizzard, what was the last good thing that shit hole of a company has made? World of Boredcraft? All these companies are going to shit.

Starcraft 2 actually.

Sqarak
10-03-2011, 14:46

There is a difference between a company making uninsteresting games and a company using dodgy agreements. Your fondness or rejection of WoW should have nu impact when you decide whether or not Blizzard Interactive applies proper business or not.

Realbigdeal22
10-03-2011, 14:55
BF3, best fps ever. Fuck the haters. I make over 20 kills at everymatch and it is so realistic. I dont know mind the restriction EA puts, i dont care about what ever i will have to pay. BF3 for life.

Abaratican
10-03-2011, 15:15
BF3, best fps ever. Fuck the haters. I make over 20 kills at everymatch and it is so realistic. I dont know mind the restriction EA puts, i dont care about what ever i will have to pay. BF3 for life.

Apparently the success of a game can be measured in terms of how many kills a baddie can rack up.

worma
10-03-2011, 15:53

Yea, it's so realistic to kill 20 people every half hour.

Suncross
10-03-2011, 15:56

Hot pockets respawn in the nearest microwave.

radicalhit
10-03-2011, 17:23

poor trolling skills 0/10, especially considering this is offtopics forumfall.

The thing doesnt even have mod support and even if they did, i dont think they'll be successfully able to implement project reality.. no thanks.

Laxe
10-03-2011, 17:48
ALL ABOARD THE EA HATER WAGON

highschool has ended you don't need to be brainless sheep who has to hate/love something to be cool on internet

from my experience EA is two times better publisher than

Square Enix
Sony
Ubisoft
Activision/Blizzard

PS: still laughing at the idiots who can't make difference between Publishers and Developers in their buthurt flame wars

MrBungle
10-03-2011, 17:50
There is a difference between a company making uninsteresting games and a company using dodgy agreements. Your fondness or rejection of WoW should have nu impact when you decide whether or not Blizzard Interactive applies proper business or not.

I want your babies?

Ragnarok Delrhe
10-03-2011, 18:11
Square Enix
Sony
Ubisoft
Activision/Blizzard

what? You drunk?

nizzie
10-03-2011, 18:15
PS: still laughing at the idiots who can't make difference between Publishers and Developers in their buthurt flame wars

Your point being?

Seriousbisnis
10-03-2011, 21:08
My love for the game outweighs my ability to give a fuck about problems that won't affect me in any way.

Krag
10-03-2011, 21:40
if you got banned you should stop hacking

Ragnarok Delrhe
10-03-2011, 22:50
if you got banned you should stop hacking

it's not about hacking it's about logging on a server that someone obtained using hacks. Which in my opinion would be illegal on EA's part. they are in fact stealing from you if you have 5-6 games and you get banned for someone else's behaviour.

I know for a fact that even though they say the games do not belong to us on the terms of service and that EA is in the right to close your account for whatever reason they feel like, it is at least in Québec, against the law to charge a service/object and take it back for no valid reason. and if they cant prove a criminal intent, there is no valid reason period.

[LoD] EE
10-03-2011, 22:52

Best I could double that on the border on a slow day.

Realbigdeal22
10-03-2011, 22:54
Apparently the success of a game can be measured in terms of how many kills a baddie can rack up.

Wow man, you sound like you didn't even tried the game yet. This is not a game for the COD fans. Its harder then you think. The 1st few times, you wont make more then 6 kills. Average do 10 kill+. Once you become good enough to perform killing spree, you will do a minimum of 20 kill each game.

Sadly, cuz i got real life friends on ps3, i had to play it on console. The auto aim is not even there and im still good.

Anyway, you guys are haters. I play BF3 beta like everydays and the beta alone is the best fps game out there.

nizzie
10-03-2011, 23:03
This is not a game for the COD fans.

Yeah, that's why almost none of the COD players preordered BF3 and are playing it right now.. ... right?... Right?

Napalm_Enema
10-03-2011, 23:33
Now, the quality of BF3 aside, I love how you fucking dipshits get so twisted about people trying to protect their intellectual property.

Oh noez, EA wants to prevent you from playing on pirate servers with cracked versions of their game.

Oh
The
Horror

But you bunch of 'l337 kidz' seem to think that any attempt to get their fair share of a return on investment, that they made to create the game, in sales, is them coming in and kicking your mother in the cunt and stealing your fucking cookies.

EA, and Blizzard, do put out decent / great games in some cases. But that's right, it's cool to hate on things that are popular for obvious reasons outside of 'peoplez are dumb herpa durp'.

WoW, while a shit game once you get tired of it (easily done if you DEVOTE your life to it), is a well done, entertaining diversionary game that I enjoyed for what it was. Crysis 2 was an amazingly fun FPS that was produced / sold by EA, and I loved it. Diablo 2 ...etc.

etc.
etc.
etc..

But that's right, they are 'shit companies' with 'no worth'. Give me a fucking break.

Then you piss and moan when they try and get what they are due. You know, the price of fucking admission? They put all this shit in place because you fucktards can't pay for what you want to play.

You want to be pissed at someone? Go get pissed at yourselves. I'll be over here logging into Battlenet and playing SC2 because I don't give a shit, the game is fun, and I don't need to steal shit to 'game'.

Morons.

Civilization
10-03-2011, 23:42
EA is not trying to "protect their IP", they're fucking you over. small but important difference.

Makestro
10-03-2011, 23:43
lmfao, can't believe people are getting mad because a company is protecting their game.

Zokten
10-04-2011, 00:23
Guess wanting to play with more people in a server makes you a target to "protect my game"

Ghias
10-04-2011, 00:24
Now, the quality of BF3 aside, I love how you fucking dipshits get so twisted about people trying to protect their intellectual property.

blablub noone cares

Morons.

So the information about which programms are installed on your system and when and how much you use them is needed for protection? Or is this an additional form of payment for you cause you're too poor to get it normally?

Makestro
10-04-2011, 00:35
Ok I was trolling I really don't agree with what they're doing with origin... however I haven't bought a competitive fps game for pc in over 3 years, I buy them for console, and this here is just more proof pc gaming is dying. I figured telling my actual opinion on this subject would bring on a heavier flame war than trolling and pretending I don't mind companies spying on their costumers.

Ghias
10-04-2011, 00:57
I don't see how consoles are better for developers. Afaik you can get a mod for every console on the market to read selfburned discs. Might be that the customer base is less technically aware of whats possible and it's potentially less rampant but it's there. For the wii it is even more awkward since the emulator on pc is better than the real console due to allowing higher resolution.

Ragnarok Delrhe
10-04-2011, 01:06
if you just have to hide for a few sec to magically regain health then this game is magistral piece of shit. America's army 2/3 which is a free to play fps has medic role in it.

Now, the quality of BF3 aside, I love how you fucking dipshits get so twisted about people trying to protect their intellectual property. actually you are the fucking dipshit. Read what is written. If you log in on a hacked server whether you knew about it or not they reserve the right to steal all the games you have BOUGHT from them to punish you.

There's Mister A. Living in a neighbourhood, his neighbour, Mister B. kills a man... the police arrest Mister A. He later gets judged of murder and emprisonned for 25 years because he already went Mister B's house several month after the murder happened.

Seriousbisnis
10-04-2011, 01:11
America's army 2/3 which is a free to play fps has medic role in it.

But AA games fucking suck.

It's always something...

Ragnarok Delrhe
10-04-2011, 01:16
But AA games fucking suck.

It's always something...

True. well what sucks about america's army games is the massive bugs. and the old graphics If they fixed that it would be great. Ballistic is superior in America's army 3 then it is in BF2

Napalm_Enema
10-04-2011, 01:44
if you just have to hide for a few sec to magically regain health then this game is magistral piece of shit. America's army 2/3 which is a free to play fps has medic role in it.

actually you are the fucking dipshit. Read what is written. If you log in on a hacked server whether you knew about it or not they reserve the right to steal all the games you have BOUGHT from them to punish you.

There's Mister A. Living in a neighbourhood, his neighbour, Mister B. kills a man... the police arrest Mister A. He later gets judged of murder and emprisonned for 25 years because he already went Mister B's house several month after the murder happened.

Yes, you just 'stumble upon' a non-legit server while browsing in the main game screen. Is there a checkbox for it fuckstick? No? Then stfu and stop playing dumb. You and I both know you'd have to connect direct via IP, not via the game client browser connected to EA servers.

Every time you people argue the DRM and copy protection shit it comes down to one simple thing - you want something for free, fully featured no less, and are upset that this is becoming harder and harder to do.

Just admit you're a fucking thief and move on with your life, but don't give me this 'big bad man' bullshit. Gaming studios fold all the time because they get pirated so hard they don't make the money back on their initial investment and have to close up shop.

Hope getting that shit for free was worth it, you are responsible for DRM's, no LAN play with Diablo3 etc.. So stfu you hypocritical asshole.

Napalm_Enema
10-04-2011, 01:46
So the information about which programms are installed on your system and when and how much you use them is needed for protection? Or is this an additional form of payment for you cause you're too poor to get it normally?

If I owned a gaming studio and had a bunch of titles, and found out someone stole my shit, I'd be interested in what else they stole as well.

Shocking concept - try a demo of a game, and buy it if you like it.

I haven't cared about DRM or any of this shit since I started paying for legit copies of shit I intend to play.

OMG THE HORROR~~!! :ohno:

Ragnarok Delrhe
10-04-2011, 02:01
Yes, you just 'stumble upon' a non-legit server while browsing in the main game screen. Is there a checkbox for it fuckstick? No? Then stfu and stop playing dumb. You and I both know you'd have to connect direct via IP, not via the game client browser connected to EA servers.

Every time you people argue the DRM and copy protection shit it comes down to one simple thing - you want something for free, fully featured no less, and are upset that this is becoming harder and harder to do.

Pal on vent says: yo come play on my server. I'll give you the IP.
you: Ok let me log in game, one sec.
Pal: alright IP is 399.194.222.111:76876 pw: fartnoise3
you: *logs in*
EA: get shit on bitch I'm stealing all your games from you. Oh wait, it's worth 1000$? I dont care.
Nobody here is defending people bypassing copy protections and DRM even if we should because it is an intrusion of private life or straight-up trojans like Origins.

Just admit you're a fucking thief and move on with your life, but don't give me this 'big bad man' bullshit. Gaming studios fold all the time because they get pirated so hard they don't make the money back on their initial investment and have to close up shop.

I dont play any EA and as of recently Bethesda game by principle. Get shit on, bitch.

Bethesda made 300 millions $ on the first week of Fallout 3, a bit more with Fallout New Vegas, without the DLCs and they're probably going to make 500 millions of Skyrim if not more. If game studios close because their games didnt sell, it's not piracy but quality and/or greed problems.
I see a lot of games going out at 50 $ when the IP/studio is not known.
I wouldnt be surprised if EA gets 1 billion over BF3.

I haven't cared about DRM or any of this shit since I started paying for legit copies of shit I intend to play.some DRMs open(ed) security breachs in systems allowing hackers to acces computers, just saying. That's when they dont straight up send your info to the game/disk company.

If I owned a gaming studio and had a bunch of titles, and found out someone stole my shit, I'd be interested in what else they stole as well. yeah well even the police, without a warrant have no right to know that unless you allow them to. And to allow them to, you need to be aware that they are going to do it which means even if terms of services ask you to agree to letting them know, what you have on your computer, if they do not expressively ask when they are going to do it and then you agree, they are not in the right to do so.

Napalm_Enema
10-04-2011, 02:12
And they SHOULD have sold more like 700 million, but bitches like you STOLE from them.

Give me a fucking break, you can't arbitrarily from the armchair of the 14 year old you are, hate on someone for having a successful product. They made a game a lot of people liked, and bought, then a lot of other people that liked it didn't buy it and pranced around saying 'it wasn't that good' after logging 30+ hours into it. (bitches like you)

And as for your friend with the server IP, yeah like that's just such a super common occurrence. Any friend of mine would say 'Hey this isn't a legit server, but if you want to join and don't care, hit it up at XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX.'. So don't make up ridiculous hypothetical scenarios that would rarely, if ever, happen and intimate that this would be some fucking epidemic and a reason for them NOT to protect their hard work and product.

Keep pining / looking for your ideal game - what's it up to now? Thought driven F2P sandbox game with 1 to 1 motion controls, a free dragon to ride around on, and the ability to make real life money playing it while content randomly generates infinitely without grind and your actions have an impact on the world in real time with every other player? (F2P of course I mean that studio shouldn't be greedy)

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ragnarok Delrhe
10-04-2011, 02:17
And they SHOULD have sold more like 700 million, but bitches like you STOLE from them.

Give me a fucking break, you can't arbitrarily from the armchair of the 14 year old you are, hate on someone for having a successful product. They made a game a lot of people liked, and bought, then a lot of other people that liked it didn't buy it and pranced around saying 'it wasn't that good' after logging 30+ hours into it. (bitches like you)

You're too retarded to realise I was making an exemple? I've played BF2 once at my cousin who believe it or not has the game. I have bought Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas but I wont buy any other game from Bethesda because they predatory lawsuit greedy fucks oh and I'm 25, thank you very much.

Keep pining / looking for your ideal game - what's it up to now? Thought driven F2P sandbox game with 1 to 1 motion controls, a free dragon to ride around on, and the ability to make real life money playing it while content randomly generates infinitely without grind and your actions have an impact on the world in real time with every other player? (F2P of course I mean that studio shouldn't be greedy) are you on drugs?

And as for your friend with the server IP, yeah like that's just such a super common occurrence. Any friend of mine would say 'Hey this isn't a legit server, but if you want to join and don't care, hit it up at XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX.'. So don't make up ridiculous hypothetical scenarios that would rarely, if ever, happen and intimate that this would be some fucking epidemic and a reason for them NOT to protect their hard work and product.
I mean you're like completely... wow. I dont care if people dont respect terms of services to a game their serial should be banned, as simple as that. But stealing someone's whole library over this is not only overdoing it, it's also illegal.

bongloads
10-04-2011, 02:23
So I just have to use unofficial servers for the rest of their games for my pirated copies? Sounds great. Not only am I not supporting EA, but I'm using their product for free, which I bet they hate. Long live freedom.

Makestro
10-04-2011, 02:27

actually you are the fucking dipshit. Read what is written. If you log in on a hacked server whether you knew about it or not they reserve the right to steal all the games you have BOUGHT from them to punish you.

in bf3 you don't regain health, there is a medic role.

Apex Vertigo
10-04-2011, 02:29

I like SC2.

EE;5172974']Best I could double that on the border on a slow day.

And I had the audacity to call EE a racist.

Beeblebrox
10-04-2011, 02:30
Fuck EA, fuck Actiblizzard, fuck yo momma.

Fuck them all in the ass.

Realbigdeal22
10-04-2011, 03:04

False, you regen HP, but its so slow that you cant rely on it. Its medic box or stay in your corner for ridiculously longer then ever. I like that balance.

Ragnarok Delrhe
10-04-2011, 03:35

didnt seem like it in the 1 video I saw.

GirlyMan
10-04-2011, 03:51
who cares if you don't regain health. Everyone dies in 0.5 seconds anyways.

woohoo, hiding behind walls and killing people in 0.5 seconds.. mad fun.. if you have ADHD.

Ghias
10-04-2011, 10:29
If I owned a gaming studio and had a bunch of titles, and found out someone stole my shit, I'd be interested in what else they stole as well.

Shocking concept - try a demo of a game, and buy it if you like it.

I haven't cared about DRM or any of this shit since I started paying for legit copies of shit I intend to play.

OMG THE HORROR~~!! :ohno:

The data can't be used to tell if the game is legit or not. It's just fucking market research. Which normally costs money and here they take it for free.
You may like exhibitionismus many don't.

That piracy killed the game industry is also bullshit. Did homecooking kill restaurants?

Those too poor will pirate, those who have money pay for the good games.Using rootkits for DRM won't boost sales automatically. The smart either pirate DRM free and have no backdoor installed or completly not buy that kind of bullshit.

screw loose
10-04-2011, 11:17
EA announced downloadable (must be payed for) content before the game is released. They are withholding content that could be easily added to the launch of the game because they know they can and people will still buy it.

They also do not have any mod or custom content support. If they did then people would not have to buy their maps because other players would be making free ones.

Greedy, shitty company.

BF3 is not a PC game. It is a console game ported to the PC.

Oh and I hope you are trolling when you say that game is realistic. The only realistic part about it is the graphics. The rest is a fucking joke.

Suncross
10-04-2011, 12:44
ALL ABOARD THE EA HATER WAGON

highschool has ended you don't need to be brainless sheep who has to hate/love something to be cool on internet

from my experience EA is two times better publisher than

Square Enix
Sony
Ubisoft
Activision/Blizzard

Someone has been drinking that extra arsenic koolaid. Star craft will forever be better than anything EA has made, and will ever make. I certainly think EA is better than activision, but they merged with blizzard. Yes. Just one of blizzards game is enough to make activision look better than EA.

Starcraft is such an entertaining game, that it's even fun to watch. It's like an endless TV series that never gets old.

Grumpy Bunny
10-04-2011, 13:07
I certainly think EA is better than activision, but they merged with blizzard. Yes. Just one of blizzards game is enough to make activision look better than EA.

EA is a publisher, Blizzard is, and has always been a developer. Activision never merged with Blizzard, they merged with Vivendi, Blizzard's publisher. The only reason they named the emerging company Activision Blizzard is the marketers believed the association with Blizzard be beneficial to the company's image. You have to hand it to AB's marketers, they hit the nail on the head.

Anyway comparing EA to Blizzard in terms of business practices is like comparing apples and oranges. One makes games, the other publishes them.

zato`1
10-04-2011, 15:03
Anyway comparing EA to Blizzard in terms of business practices is like comparing apples and oranges. One milks games, the other makes them.

fixt for ya

ISVRaDa
10-04-2011, 15:22
EA is a publisher, Blizzard is, and has always been a developer. Activision never merged with Blizzard, they merged with Vivendi, Blizzard's publisher. The only reason they named the emerging company Activision Blizzard is the marketers believed the association with Blizzard be beneficial to the company's image. You have to hand it to AB's marketers, they hit the nail on the head.

Anyway comparing EA to Blizzard in terms of business practices is like comparing apples and oranges. One makes games, the other publishes them.

No :)

Electronic Arts, Inc. (EA) is a major American developer, marketer, publisher and distributor of video games.

For example EA Canada; the studio that develops numerous bestselling EA SPORTS franchises, including Fight Night, FIFA, NBA LIVE, and NHL. EAC is also home to games falling under the EA SPORTS BIG brand, including the FIFA Street, SSX snowboarding, and NBA Homecourt. The Need for Speed franchise, and the more recent game Skate, were developed at EA.

Nevron
10-04-2011, 15:49

Wrong, the PC version was the lead in BF3's development and the console versions are scaled down 'ports'. BF3 on PC is not a console port. 64 players, the re-emphasis on some larger maps with jets and so on, with the integration of Battlelog are all a testament to that.

You finally get a company that actually makes the PC version their lead in the developmental process and you shit on it. I guess they should go back to giving the PC crowd console ports.

As far as the topic goes with hacked servers, just don't join them. You can clearly see how many player slots they have, and the server name in the screenshot in that blog is "EA FUCKED". Yeah, sounds official. Just don't be fucking retarded and you'll be fine. I know, that's a lot to ask.

bobii
10-04-2011, 18:11
EA? bans? wat

I used hacks in CNC3 that still work because EA doesn't give a shit.

Just don't use hacks in the first months of release, after that they stop making patches and stop banning people, after that you can do whatever you want when they are busy making a new shitty game that dumbass casuals buy.

"PC version was a priority blahblah"

Yeah too bad they still have a shitty engine that only supports 64 players with shitty netcode. 64-player sourcemod servers work better.

Not to mention the usual unbalanced grindfest pubserver-only gameplay.

Realbigdeal22
10-04-2011, 21:39

Wrong. I play on console(PS3) and my super size friend at school says that all the bugs i mentioned are fixed on PC.

/Pwned.

Seriousbisnis
10-04-2011, 22:03
That piracy killed the game industry is also bullshit. Did homecooking kill restaurants?

Nope, because those restaurants didn't spent money making ingredients to sell only to have them stolen by those who cook at home. Not taking a stance in this debate, because I don't give a shit. Just pointing out your comparison was shitty.

mcap
10-05-2011, 04:56
I was going to buy BF3 until they said you had to install Origin. I won't touch that piece of shit, even if I miss out on Bioware games because of it (though Bioware hasn't made anything worth a shit other than ME2 in the past 3-4 years).

It's a drop in the ocean, but hopefully I'm not the only one who feels the same way.

Ragnarok Delrhe
10-05-2011, 05:12
Wrong. I play on console(PS3) and my super size friend at school says that all the bugs i mentioned are fixed on PC.

/Pwned.

doesnt make it a pc game, it just means it's easier to fix bugs for them on pc. retards sometime. :bang:

Jedicake
10-05-2011, 05:26
LOL Some of you people are fucking weird as shit, this is why most of you could never be game journalists, calling a game shit, whether it's in beta or not is irrelevant, instead of calling it shit, how about you elaborate on why it's "shit" instead of just saying it so, so you don't look like a cunt.

Ragnarok Delrhe
10-05-2011, 08:48
LOL Some of you people are fucking weird as shit, this is why most of you could never be game journalists, calling a game shit, whether it's in beta or not is irrelevant, instead of calling it shit, how about you elaborate on why it's "shit" instead of just saying it so, so you don't look like a cunt.

most console games have auto-aim, and oversimplified gameplay the new big thing is making you kill an enemy by simply pressing a and then you get showed a fancy video instead of actually having to do it.

Makestro
10-05-2011, 08:51
most console games have auto-aim, and oversimplified gameplay the new big thing is making you kill an enemy by simply pressing a and then you get showed a fancy video instead of actually having to do it.

God I hate that about fps lately, when did a knife become an instant kill? whoever had the idea to make melee weapons instant kills needs to be stabbed and hopefully isnta-killed. I almost want to blame halo but to be honest until cod4 came out the only 2 fps I played was DOD(original not source) and CS:S

Ghias
10-05-2011, 09:21
Nope, because those restaurants didn't spent money making ingredients to sell only to have them stolen by those who cook at home. Not taking a stance in this debate, because I don't give a shit. Just pointing out your comparison was shitty.

The real service of the restaurant is cooking. That was the comparison. There is no stealing in piracy.Downloading some game does not take it away from the producer. It's not like if you download 4million times the same game they suddenly have no copies to sell. Homecooking takes often recipes from restaurants - it's likewise copies for free.

Ragnarok Delrhe
10-05-2011, 09:27
The real service of the restaurant is cooking. That was the comparison. There is no stealing in piracy.Downloading some game does not take it away from the producer. It's not like if you download 4million times the same game they suddenly have no copies to sell. Homecooking takes often recipes from restaurants - it's likewise copies for free.

agree. I use pirated games often, I pay the games when they're good though.

Makestro
10-05-2011, 10:17
the difference is a company spends millions making some of these games when a chef doesn't. kind of a bad example in my opinion, since restaurants and games are 2 different types of business. pirating games is bad regardless of whether you think it's ok or not, and companies will do stuff to prevent you from doing it. with that said people who pirate games then buy them aren't bad people.

Ghias
10-05-2011, 10:37
The money investment is more but a restaurant does essentially the same -it invests money to offer a service that it expects to get paid for.

I don't pirate anymore as i have the money to pay for it but as a kid with no money? 90% pirate. I can't fault the current generation of kids for it. Only people I dislike are those who have money and still pirate good games for free. If noone pays the devs they won't be able to release more games and frankly they deserve to be paid for good work.

Jedicake
10-05-2011, 10:40

Not only are you specifically talking about the console version, auto aim is for single player only, for obvious reasons. Your last point is valid, and I'm thankful there's still plenty of games that don't do that.

Emolas
10-05-2011, 10:56
God I hate that about fps lately, when did a knife become an instant kill? whoever had the idea to make melee weapons instant kills needs to be stabbed and hopefully isnta-killed. I almost want to blame halo but to be honest until cod4 came out the only 2 fps I played was DOD(original not source) and CS:S

Battlefield 2 had instakills with knife. By the way, knives don't instakill in bf3, it takes around three blows to kill an opponent with the knife. You have only kill them in one blow if you catch them off guard.

Esudar
10-05-2011, 11:02
its because ur a deadly special unit soldier and know where to stab? :eek:

Seriousbisnis
10-05-2011, 21:28

Restaurants did not spend tons of money creating those recipes, though. When a company makes a game, they spent however much money creating it and then they send out their copies to be sold. When a restaurant cooks a meal, they wait for the order to be received followed by cooking the meal. So a restaurant is guaranteed to sell whatever they make 99% of the time.

It's stealing either way. Just because you aren't taking a physical copy of it doesn't mean it isn't stealing. The only alternative to pirating is buying, and that game is the work of somebody else, so if you pirate it that means you aren't buying it. It's stealing. Do I pirate games? Yup. But I'm not going to sit here and bullshit you and say I do it for some noble cause, I just don't have the patience to save up money for games.

Also, when it comes to homecooking vs restaurants, restaurants keep business because often their version tastes better than it's homemade counterpart. Very often, there's little to no difference between the pirated version of the game and the purchased version.

Ghias
10-05-2011, 21:54
It's stealing either way. Just because you aren't taking a physical copy of it doesn't mean it isn't stealing. The only alternative to pirating is buying, and that game is the work of somebody else, so if you pirate it that means you aren't buying it. It's stealing. Do I pirate games? Yup. But I'm not going to sit here and bullshit you and say I do it for some noble cause, I just don't have the patience to save up money for games.

Stealing is afaik taking the original away. Pirating is copying. Copying !=stealing. Though in layman speech you also talk about stealing ideas, I don't think it is the correct term.

Also, when it comes to homecooking vs restaurants, restaurants keep business because often their version tastes better than it's homemade counterpart. Very often, there's little to no difference between the pirated version of the game and the purchased version.

pirate has risk of virus/trojan attachment and not working. Also more work to get a working version but when it is working and free of viruses it's better cause DRM/rootkit free. At the end it's "choose your poison"

In the past I actually had some pirate version of games i bought simply to get rid of the rootkit. Nowadays I'm too lazy and simply don't bother with such games.

Seriousbisnis
10-05-2011, 22:37
Stealing is afaik taking the original away. Pirating is copying. Copying !=stealing. Though in layman speech you also talk about stealing ideas, I don't think it is the correct term.

It's a flexible term. Pirating causes people to download the game for free when they may have otherwise purchased the game had that option not been available. The company who made the game is losing money due to the people downloading their work for free. It may or may not be "stealing", depending on how you want to use the term, but you are still serving that company an injustice.

pirate has risk of virus/trojan attachment and not working. Also more work to get a working version but when it is working and free of viruses it's better cause DRM/rootkit free. At the end it's "choose your poison"

In the past I actually had some pirate version of games i bought simply to get rid of the rootkit. Nowadays I'm too lazy and simply don't bother with such games.

While this is true, more often than not the pirating community bumps a specific torrent to the top of the list that everyone can confirm as safe and working. Pirating is not as risky as you say. I've ran into technical issues while pirating games, but many of these issues have simple and effective solutions.

Bainwalker
10-05-2011, 23:01
The only people that deserve to be banned are those that HOSTED the servers. Not the players who saw a chance to try BF3 on the PC with more than 32 players and NOT in RUSH mode even if just on the same Operation Metro map.

What DICE was trying to convey is that when logging onto those servers those HOSTING had complete view of your Origin log in information and could do shady shit with accounts causing them to be banned.

It was a terrible choice to only release RUSH in the beta full scale and a stupid move to keep the map the same as it was in Alpha (With some balance changes)