PDA

View Full Version : Weather changes

W-DoubleDub-W
09-09-2011, 16:27
Recently here in Pennsylvania, USA; we've experienced an Earthquake, Hurricane, 6 Tornadoes, torrential downpours and now massive flooding with ONE WEEK of one another. The flooding and rains have now increased exponentially.

Are there any other areas that are experiencing massive changes in their weather recently anywhere in the world besides the recent Earthquake(s) in Japan and Hurricane Irene?

Unfortunately, Hurricane and Tropical Storm season is now Active in South and North America and surrounding which means many many more rain storms and worse are in the very near future.

[LoD] EE
09-09-2011, 16:39
Recently here in Pennsylvania, USA; we've experienced an Earthquake, Hurricane, 6 Tornadoes, torrential downpours and now massive flooding with ONE WEEK of one another. The flooding and rains have now increased exponentially.

Are there any other areas that are experiencing massive changes in their weather recently anywhere in the world besides the recent Earthquake(s) in Japan and Hurricane Irene?

Unfortunately, Hurricane and Tropical Storm season is now Active in South and North America and surrounding which means many many more rain storms and worse are in the very near future.

Not really here in the mid west.

Lack of rain is kind of sucking, as you can see from the lake level.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/mo/nwis/uv?cb_00062=on&format=gif_stats&period=120&site_no=06922440

Other than that, its been a little cooler than average temp here right now, we are running about 2-4 degrees cooler than we should be. Its been pretty damned nice if I say so. Been spending from sun up to sun down fishing the last 3 weeks.

Yin
09-09-2011, 16:41
Russian version of HAARP. Same way as USA used HAARP to flood Cuba, make Earthquake in Japan e.t.c.

Obviously.

doomahx
09-09-2011, 16:41
yeah, the weather has been getting really weird. All sorts of shit we have never seen up here.

Any weather buffs out there know what could be causing it?

Sacred Blood
09-09-2011, 16:44
the planet is fighting back against greedy americans

Jimmyhat
09-09-2011, 16:47
The land doesn't want your filthy capitalism.

Esudar
09-09-2011, 16:54
climate change doesnt exist in america, i swear

Vor'Dus[DiE]
09-09-2011, 17:02
I hope mother nature will win at the end, humans dont deserve to live. We ruined this world :/

doomahx
09-09-2011, 17:03
whatever it is I hope it's not permanent. I live in NYC to avoid things like tornadoes and hurricanes.

nizzie
09-09-2011, 17:06

Makes me appreciate my country. No Earthquakes (small.. very very very small ones), hurricanes, tornadoes, floods (at least where I live), tsunamis.. whatever. Absolutly nothing. Not even dangerous animals. It's like carebear-land irl. Fucking awesome! :cool:

tehWise
09-09-2011, 17:15
It has been a cool summer here, up until Sept it only reached 85 degrees for a couple hours, it's supposed to be 76-83 today, sunny and dry.

Even when the rest of the country was in a heat wave (110+ in DC) I had to wear a jacket in the morning as it started out chilly here in Seattle.

Sqarak
09-09-2011, 18:00

Since when is an earthquake a weather event?

Neilk
09-09-2011, 18:18
Russian version of HAARP. Same way as USA used HAARP to flood Cuba, make Earthquake in Japan e.t.c.

Obviously.

This :ninja:

StainlessSteelRat
09-09-2011, 19:42

ONE WEEK! Oh noes!

We've had earthquakes before: '94 and '98 being the most recent. We get tornadoes on occasion, http://www.tornadoproject.com/alltorns/patorn.htm, and yes, when it rains, rivers flood, http://climate.met.psu.edu/features/Floods/PEMA_flood.php. I know, it's all very shocking.

I'm guessing that global warming is the cause though.................

TheMap
09-09-2011, 19:55
Actually all kinds of records have been broken this year for amount of tornados, temperatures in different regions, rainfalll percentages and strange things like snow in cali, texi ect ect.... anyone who says weather isn't changing drastically is in denial.

Im not saying HAARP or global warming has anything to do with it, but the fact remains, the weather patterns we are used to are changing drastically. And this is just in the US. As I don't know how other countries temperatures and weather indexes have been affected this year.

A family member of mine has been a meteorologist on a well known network for decades and I have had a few conversations about weather and how things look now. He agrees that although there has been a few flukes in the past 50 years where we got 5 inches of snow in june or 90degrees in december , that it has never been this consistent with records breaking and odd weather patterns.

Believe what you like but its without a doubt that in the next few years the way we see weather and such will change drastically for bad or good.

Luna Lupus
09-09-2011, 20:24
We've been having weird weather. Nothing as crappy as your weather, but it's been odd all year. Had to have the heat on until the end of May, lots of hot days followed by massive temperature drops. Went from almost 100 to 45 over night late last week. *shrug* It's the Chicago area though so what do you expect? lol Glad to see you're surviving though. *hugs*

W-DoubleDub-W
09-09-2011, 21:38
ONE WEEK! Oh noes!

We've had earthquakes before: '94 and '98 being the most recent. We get tornadoes on occasion, http://www.tornadoproject.com/alltorns/patorn.htm, and yes, when it rains, rivers flood, http://climate.met.psu.edu/features/Floods/PEMA_flood.php. I know, it's all very shocking.

I'm guessing that global warming is the cause though.................

The point is, we got hit by a Hurricane, Earthquake, 6 tornadoes, torrential downpours and massive flooding within a 3-4 day time period. From that point in time, the rain has been consistent.

Today is the first day in 2 weeks where it has stopped raining here in SouthEastern, Pennsylvania in widespread areas.

Throughout the state, entire cities were becoming flooded or all access points being cut off by their bridges being swept away or drastically quick rising waters reaching in excess of 48-50+ feet above crest cutting off any low lying areas from any access.

This is the worst weather we've seen in Pennsylvania within a 2 week time period ever on record with lots more to come. (At least two more Tropical Storms are on their way our direction)

This doesn't include the other several tornadoes and hail storms we've had over this year alone earlier in the year.

I work for an Insurance company and unfortunately, have had to not only experience these things with my own property, but also massive widespread losses across the rest of my state that I cover as well as surrounding states.

@Sqarak - And mentioning an Earthquake as a weather event was only to show the drastic changes in my area of the world in such a short period of time overall.

zato`1
09-10-2011, 00:09
i live across the bridge in jersey and im pretty sure its the reckoning before the end of days

luckily i am not a christian so the apocalypse will be a rather lonely event for me what with all the goody goods disappearing into heaven and all that.

GirlyMan
09-10-2011, 00:27
Same weather as always. It's back to getting cool at night though so it's all good. If you're afflicted by weather though I wouldn't hold my breath, this Halloween will be especially hallowed with Elenin coming through.

Time is short.

Torin100
09-10-2011, 01:06

Sweden have become alot warmer and have stronger storms that come more frequent.

Reason is the global warming caused by mankind.

Irenor
09-10-2011, 01:58
Don't worry guys, 2012 is on it's way and it will all be over soon! :lmao:

Dufer
09-10-2011, 08:52
I read this and get happy about living in Arizona. Only thing we get are dust storms, we've had a bit this year though. More than I remember seeing since I've lives here

bobii
09-10-2011, 09:26
hahahaha enjoy your shit.

worst thing that can happen in this part of this country is 15min thunderstorms.

Cailian
09-10-2011, 12:15
The Netherlands had an earthquake two days ago, the first one in ten or more years. I think it was somewhere at 4 or 5 on scale of that guy who's name starts with an R. Richter? Think it was Richter.