PDA

View Full Version : Interactive Darkfall Map?

Vaedathor
08-25-2011, 02:03
Is there any other interactive darkfall map besides YourMom? Just wondering, Thanks.

Iona Leafblade
08-25-2011, 02:23
The Hitchhikers Guide to Agon (http://www.mercfall.net/map)

Cuchaz
08-25-2011, 15:32
:)

MaGicBush
08-25-2011, 16:54
woot a free map made it back! A year ago we were seriously lacking a map when I played. Wait mob spawns are uncheckable?

Squeegee
08-25-2011, 17:13
Hitchhikers guide doesn't seem to be overly accurate though. For the veilron golem it lists arcane as the only weakness?

Track01
08-25-2011, 18:00
woot a free map made it back! A year ago we were seriously lacking a map when I played. Wait mob spawns are uncheckable?

Zoom in.

MaGicBush
08-25-2011, 18:14
I see, thanks.

Cuchaz
08-25-2011, 22:04
Hitchhikers guide doesn't seem to be overly accurate though. For the veilron golem it lists arcane as the only weakness?

The loot tables are pretty good.

Spawn positions and mob weaknesses are based on very old data. Also, I only have spotty information about dungeons.

When DF 2.0 hits the shelves (so to speak), I'll work a lot on improving these tools and getting more accurate information up on the map.

Kimoshu
08-26-2011, 00:52

Spawn positions and mob weaknesses are based on very old data. Also, I only have spotty information about dungeons.

When DF 2.0 hits the shelves (so to speak), I'll work a lot on improving these tools and getting more accurate information up on the map.

Once 2.0 hits I'll be happy to help, I put a lot of time into tracking mobs loot/location and weaknesses for my own knowledge and I put most of that knowledge on Darkfall Sage, I was the #1 contributor by a large margin :). I do hope we can get another database style site like what Darkfall Sage had because it was awesome as a source to look up specific resources that you were looking for for mobs to get accurate droprates and resistances.

Yourmom map has a good system but there's no easy way for users to update loot/resistances which results in OLD info. For those that heavily use the map(My account has a lifetime rank) we should have more direct tools for making changes and have moderators approve/disapprove it. This would result in much of the old and incorrect loot and resistances to actually be updated, locations and # of mobs/types is usually pretty good.

/endramblings

-Andrew

Edit: I checked out your map Cuchaz, I like yourmom's layout/engine better, it is smoother but seems like you have the right idea in automated tracking. I'll probably start using your PvE tracker from now on to help improve the loot tables on your site. I travel around often and don't really fight the same mob for very long so I should be able to get you a lot of varied data.

Cuchaz
08-26-2011, 02:38
Once 2.0 hits I'll be happy to help, I put a lot of time into tracking mobs loot/location and weaknesses for my own knowledge and I put most of that knowledge on Darkfall Sage, I was the #1 contributor by a large margin :). I do hope we can get another database style site like what Darkfall Sage had because it was awesome as a source to look up specific resources that you were looking for for mobs to get accurate droprates and resistances.

Yourmom map has a good system but there's no easy way for users to update loot/resistances which results in OLD info. For those that heavily use the map(My account has a lifetime rank) we should have more direct tools for making changes and have moderators approve/disapprove it. This would result in much of the old and incorrect loot and resistances to actually be updated, locations and # of mobs/types is usually pretty good.

/endramblings

-Andrew

Edit: I checked out your map, I like yourmom's layout/engine better, it is smoother but seems like you have the right idea in automated tracking. I'll probably start using your PvE tracker from now on to help improve the loot tables on your site. I travel around often and don't really fight the same mob for very long so I should be able to get you a lot of varied data.

Thanks!

The map interface is in the middle of a complete rewrite. However, since I have no idea what AV's map is going to do, that project is on hold until we get more info. AV's fancy pants map might make ours obsolete overnight, so I don't want to risk spending the time to work on the map until I know that won't happen.

The mob loot tables are all kept up-to-date by the PvE Tracker/Loot Recorder. If you want to contribute now, the best thing you can do is start using it. It's completely automated now, so there's not much you need to do other than just run the program in the background. The mob resistances are directly editable on the map interface, so feel free to correct any inaccuracies you find.

In fact, you can directly edit anything on the map. Spawn locations, mobs, treasure chests, etc. The changes go into an approval queue and then get pushed out to the map. It's one of the features I designed into the very first version of the map. It looks like the YM map hasn't quite caught up to that one yet. I don't think their map is under active development anymore now. Not sure though.

Kimoshu
08-26-2011, 04:40
Thanks!

The map interface is in the middle of a complete rewrite. However, since I have no idea what AV's map is going to do, that project is on hold until we get more info. AV's fancy pants map might make ours obsolete overnight, so I don't want to risk spending the time to work on the map until I know that won't happen.

The mob loot tables are all kept up-to-date by the PvE Tracker/Loot Recorder. If you want to contribute now, the best thing you can do is start using it. It's completely automated now, so there's not much you need to do other than just run the program in the background. The mob resistances are directly editable on the map interface, so feel free to correct any inaccuracies you find.

In fact, you can directly edit anything on the map. Spawn locations, mobs, treasure chests, etc. The changes go into an approval queue and then get pushed out to the map. It's one of the features I designed into the very first version of the map. It looks like the YM map hasn't quite caught up to that one yet. I don't think their map is under active development anymore now. Not sure though.

Great, I'll start contributing now and maybe jump on as a moderator/help if you need some in the future.

-Andrew

Squeegee
08-26-2011, 13:16

That would be great.

The biggest complaint I have though, is that you have to click on the mobs to see what they are. I don't know if you ever used Sinister maps, but the feature I like most about it is that if you mouse over something, it gives you all the information about it.

Now, I know nothing about coding, or how hard it is to do this, but if you have the ability to do that, I think it would be awesome.

Isac
08-26-2011, 14:17
We will see today, at this moment it's highly unlikely that someone will spend his free time developing something for Darkfall.

Iona Leafblade
08-26-2011, 14:30
That would be great.

The biggest complaint I have though, is that you have to click on the mobs to see what they are. I don't know if you ever used Sinister maps, but the feature I like most about it is that if you mouse over something, it gives you all the information about it.

Now, I know nothing about coding, or how hard it is to do this, but if you have the ability to do that, I think it would be awesome.

If you zoom in farther it displays labels on the icons such as "2 mobs, 6 min 100% Greater Mummy".

Cuchaz
08-26-2011, 15:05
We will see today, at this moment it's highly unlikely that someone will spend his free time developing something for Darkfall.

It's true. I've already suspended my own development activities until we can hear more about what's coming down the pipe. Getting to try out a beta client would be ideal. =)

Kimoshu
08-27-2011, 00:56
I'm throwing my full support behind the hitchhiker's map. The PvE tracker is very good, quite accurate with only 1 discrepancy I've had so far after 3-4 runs. The hitchhikers map seems to be set up better and I love that it is free for all to use. I have no extra cash to donate to assist in the cost of running it but I am going to be using the PvE tracker from now on whenever I farm and will be cleaning up spawns as I come across outdated ones as well as updating resistances as I come across them.

Cuchaz seems quite active and interested in developing and improving the map(Barring the current lull waiting for more 2.0 info :D) and I can only see this site getting more and more useful in the future.

-Andrew

Cuchaz
08-27-2011, 03:14
I'm throwing my full support behind the hitchhiker's map. The PvE tracker is very good, quite accurate with only 1 discrepancy I've had so far after 3-4 runs. The hitchhikers map seems to be set up better and I love that it is free for all to use. I have no extra cash to donate to assist in the cost of running it but I am going to be using the PvE tracker from now on whenever I farm and will be cleaning up spawns as I come across outdated ones as well as updating resistances as I come across them.

Cuchaz seems quite active and interested in developing and improving the map(Barring the current lull waiting for more 2.0 info :D) and I can only see this site getting more and more useful in the future.

-Andrew

Thanks for the support. =)

I make just enough from the advertisements to cover the hosting costs, so don't worry about donations.

I can't wait to get my hands on a 2.0 client for testing. I have a lot of cool ideas for future improvements to the map and the Companion program.