PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars 2 Will Conquer The Non-Sandbox MMO World

MulberryShock
08-19-2011, 17:36
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0nCHPl_mEU

Amazing fucking video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMTs74eWBJ4&feature=player_embedded#!

Skip to 15:00

Combine this with no monthly payments, realistic armor(and the ability to customize and dye it), dynamic content, the ability to create background stories which affect game, player housing, realm vs. realm PvP, no generic quests, quests will all scale based on group size.

Here you have the WoWkiller.

Jedicake
08-19-2011, 17:41
I'm just hoping the PvP has risk involved...

Kraven
08-19-2011, 17:53
I'm just hoping the PvP has risk involved...

It won't.

MulberryShock
08-19-2011, 17:58
It won't.

Realm vs. realm for area control.

Its like Dark Age Of Camelot.

Nothing beyond that besides battlegrounds.

MulberryShock
08-19-2011, 17:59
The game is confirmed for environmental destruction.

Captain Kirk
08-19-2011, 18:07

Its like Dark Age Of Camelot.

Nothing beyond that besides battlegrounds.

I really like the DAoC and warhammer online type pvp. The lack of consequence is compensated for the common goal of area control imo. Hopefully it will be more clan v clan area control then just 2 big factions.

A big downside to the game is the lack of orcs................

Jedicake
08-19-2011, 18:10

Alright, I guess.. I'll still try the game obviously.

A big downside to the game is the lack of orcs................

YOU HAVE A POINT.

Death's Chill
08-19-2011, 18:12
How do they manage it without monthly payments? Servers + employees and all that shit, astronomical costs. Every month their savings are drained more and more.

nepila
08-19-2011, 18:17
Why does the dragon stand at the same spot for the whole fight?

Sacred Blood
08-19-2011, 18:26
meh

bmfof
08-19-2011, 18:44
After seeing all the PvP vids from the last few days, I'm pretty sure I'll be wasting a lot of time into this game. Never thought I could accept playing a tab-targetting MMO again, but it just looks so fucking fun and dynamic, I just can't help myself but want to.

Niburu
08-19-2011, 18:49
After seeing all the PvP vids from the last few days, I'm pretty sure I'll be wasting a lot of time into this game. Never thought I could accept playing a tab-targetting MMO again, but it just looks so fucking fun and dynamic, I just can't help myself but want to.
Exactly, i love the design and the features. lets see. Another game on my screen is Planetside 2

Bissen
08-19-2011, 18:57
Boss battle was rather meh. So what if it's dynamic, if it's meh?

Wufiavelli
08-19-2011, 19:20
How do they manage it without monthly payments? Servers + employees and all that shit, astronomical costs. Every month their savings are drained more and more.

One of their founders is the guy who wrote the code for the WoW servers. So i am pretty sure they know what their costs are. Also they plan to have an item shop for expanded content and what not. You also would be amazed at how little of your 15 bucks goes into servers and staffing. Forget the stat, but think it was somewhere between 5-10 dollars.

Captain Kirk
08-19-2011, 20:16
YOU HAVE A POINT.

What kind of queer would rather play a pussy then a real orc?

screw loose
08-19-2011, 20:21
Looks stupid/boring

radicalhit
08-19-2011, 20:23

Believe me. making builds for pvp is immensly satisfying once you know what you're doing. In GW i spent the first week getting raped due to poor ranger build, then i switched to dervish, figured out a proper good build by myself and was raping half the people I met.

It's all about coming up with good solid builds to play with and you could create multiple ones because you could change your secondary profession anytime you wanted.

bmfof
08-19-2011, 20:39
Believe me. making builds for pvp is immensly satisfying once you know what you're doing. In GW i spent the first week getting raped due to poor ranger build, then i switched to dervish, figured out a proper good build by myself and was raping half the people I met.

It's all about coming up with good solid builds to play with and you could create multiple ones because you could change your secondary profession anytime you wanted.

GW is the only MMO apart form UO and DF that I played for more than a month. Hitting the arenas was pretty much the only thing I did after I raised one char. to lvl20 (mainly to explore and see the game), so I know what you mean. Sadly, DF spoiled that for me and I couldn't come back to its tab-targetting anymore.

I'm actually worried that coming up with builds might not be that deep in GW2 with the removal of dual classes. I know Anet claims that picking a race instead substitutes that, but I doubt they can replicate the depth of all possible variants in GW - I don't see a whole lot of difference between races so far, bar the visuals.

OGuz
08-19-2011, 21:01

its not exactly tab target.. watched a video today. you can swing even if you dont have a target... and if u have more than 1 enemy you damage all of them.. so its more like action based combat type :ohno:

bmfof
08-19-2011, 21:29
its not exactly tab target.. watched a video today. you can swing even if you dont have a target... and if u have more than 1 enemy you damage all of them.. so its more like action based combat type :ohno:

Well, it still autoaims your shit, and if you make contact with someone when swinging midair, it'll target him as well. Granted, you do need to be oriented so that your center of the screen is looking at your target, roughly, so that's good. I actually did saw some people successfully dodge projectiles too in one of the PvP vids. Those don't seem like big changes, but they do make the game way more dynamic than your standart tab-targeting shat, that's true.

MulberryShock
08-19-2011, 23:09
The game has cosmetic cash-shop, but like Guild Wars 1, they do a content purchase.

It makes the game much more fresh with content, but its not that expensive really.

Server costs for the average player is much much less then 15 dollars a month. Its just that the MMO community have a common reason to charge that much.

Makgyver
08-20-2011, 09:17
swtor haven't got shit on gw2

nate4449
08-20-2011, 19:15
Wow guys! For the past few years I've been having to put up with rancid, moldy maggot-infested buffalo shit, but now I can upgrade myself to day-old, soggy goat shit!

FUCK YES, BEST DAY OF MY LIFE.

Dyrrn
08-21-2011, 01:25
why does that dragon fight look so similar to this dragon fight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ULJ5bbdnus&t=240s)?