PDA

View Full Version : FFS make the map smaller or add public teleports.

Whatever123
07-17-2011, 17:38
Make the world smaller plz or add public teleports and wow type taxis,as travelling in this game to find action is boring and time consuming.
No doubt i will get flamed but im right.

dracoz
07-17-2011, 17:40
go back to wow

Keno
07-17-2011, 17:45
Troll

Darkfallin
07-17-2011, 21:19
Make the world smaller plz or add public teleports and wow type taxis,as travelling in this game to find action is boring and time consuming.
No doubt i will get flamed but im right.

Yes you will get flamed, because you obviously haven't grasped the negative impacts that the current portal system has had on the game.

Whatever123
07-18-2011, 01:02
Yes you will get flamed, because you obviously haven't grasped the negative impacts that the current portal system has had on the game.

Yeah well not everyone has the time to spend an hour riding from a to b on the slim possibility that they may find action.

Whatever123
07-18-2011, 01:04
And another thing(like the devs read this stuff),if in darkfall 2 you cant make it so people can build anywhere i suggest putting player housing in capitial cities,streets of player owned houses would be a good thing.

Chubbyjesus
07-18-2011, 01:17
Why its not a fine tuned post, honestly the guy is kinda right. I cant even count how many times we would trek across the vast world and find next to no fighting.

This happens often in this game and no so more then ever. When it happens people think the game is dead, but im smarter then that because of common sense. Alot we would be out and a raid would hit us, but we are on a island and dont go back. Other times we would preplan an island trip.. boats the whole nine.. and its next to empty. Then there is a forum post about x island raiding z island and we realized we missed the fun.

Im a douche because i think the islands (eventhough usually the most fun) should be cut out, as the middle itself is big enough.

i really would enjoy a better transportation system and ORRRRR even better, chaos resources to be popular PvP spots.. Villages was a step in the right direction, I remember nearly everytime we went out for 3 or 4 we would get a fight. More stuff like that to not thin out the population would be clutch.

Nixish
07-18-2011, 01:24
And another thing(like the devs read this stuff),if in darkfall 2 you cant make it so people can build anywhere i suggest putting player housing in capitial cities,streets of player owned houses would be a good thing.

See now I'm confused. I wanted to punch you in the nose with your OP, but this comment I can agree with. It feels like youre playing good cop bad cop with yourself.

Whatever123
07-18-2011, 12:51
Blantent bump.

DirtyDiggler
07-18-2011, 13:12
the problem is not the transportion system or the map size, its a population problem.

traitor1
07-18-2011, 13:20
I liked those zeppelins in wow. Imagine flight routes spread all across agon with awesome knockup fights in the air. :)

Whatever123
07-19-2011, 00:40
the problem is not the transportion system or the map size, its a population problem.
And maybe population suffered because the world seemed empty because people were spread thin.
I can only speak for myself in this matter,when i played i spent 80% of my time stuck in my clan keep or nearby farming mobs,it was boring and i did this because the travel times were more boring and seemly pointless,and when i did bring myself to travel i would spent lots of time riding aimlessly looking for action.
And when i did find action it would 9/10 of the time be a zerg and even if the few people i could coax to come with me it would be the same result, over in seconds and we would be back at base poorer.
People critizise wow but it got a few things right,darkfall focus your people together rather than spread them thin,a smaller world with fewer npc cities would be a step in the right direction,this is what i would like.

bakamang
07-19-2011, 01:03

this.

it is possible to find action if you know where to look, but it's just not like it use to be. you can't just chill out and wait for pvp to come to u every half hour like before. remember the kobold spots before they nerfed it? especially mir gelien(sp?), the kobold spot in elven lands. the big pit with the pool of water on the bottom. that spot was awesome for pvp.

Kasmos
07-19-2011, 01:19

It's also a transportation problem. Portals need to be removed from player cities and instead there needs to be more ways to travel, i.e. 50% speed increase on roads while mounted, teleports found in chaos cities and/or the wilderness, etc. etc.

caldrin
07-19-2011, 08:16
to the OP NOOOOOOOOOOO

Whatever123
07-19-2011, 13:33
to the OP NOOOOOOOOOOO

Hmm most popular mmorg wow = easy griffon taxis.
Most famous mmorg UO = very easy teleportation.
Tell me how long pointless journeys will help the population.

Nashtak
07-20-2011, 23:03
See now I'm confused. I wanted to punch you in the nose with your OP, but this comment I can agree with. It feels like youre playing good cop bad cop with yourself.

lmao +1

Teleport would be terribad. It sounds like a quick fix but it's just a band-aid. Anyone who can think more than a step ahead understands all the negative impact of teleporting in a sandbox.

Nashtak
07-20-2011, 23:15
Hmm most popular mmorg wow = easy griffon taxis.
Most famous mmorg UO = very easy teleportation.
Tell me how long pointless journeys will help the population.

Well, just to get this out of the way right off the bat: Popular =/= Good. That's why we are all bitching over DF instead of moving on to another game. What we want is not what most want in the MMO market.

''Tell me how long pointless journeys will help the population''

I can't. But i can tell you how local banking, regional ressources and markets, player driven trade routes could help increase the joke of a population we currently have. I can also tell you how all of these things are impossible with the existance of instant travel.