PDA

View Full Version : Question About EU Server

Cedric
07-08-2011, 01:59
Is there much life for an American on the European server? I originally started playing this game in 2009 and I quit before the NA server was released. Now Im back and playing again but I'm reluctant to transfer because 1. I dont want to lose all of my items, and 2. Im not sure how populated the NA server is right now. So is there much action that goes on in EU during American prime time? Or would I just be better off transferring before I gather even more items that I wouldn't want to lose.

Ginger Magician
07-08-2011, 02:26
There are quite a few Americans on the EU-1 server unfortunately.In any case if you want to play your old account you will have to pay to transfer anyway so you might as well play on EU for a week and see how you find it.
Farming gold is a lot easier than in the past and Im sure any items you might lose could be easily replaced.There is usually people offering to buy and sell gold on either servers as well.

Cuchaz
07-08-2011, 03:25
I'm in the US, but playing on EU1. I started there like everyone else did at launch and just never transferred to the NA server. The ping isn't great, but it's playable over a decent cable connection. Primetime for Europe is in my afternoon. It tends to not work out so well with my work schedule, but the weekends are golden. On the other hand, late night PvE farming for me is usually uncontested.

It really all depends on who you play with. If you already have a good network of friends on one server, don't ditch them all for a better ping. If you're a loner on one server though, and want to try something new, a switch just might make the game a little more interesting for you.

Cedric
07-08-2011, 03:33
Alright thanks for the responses guys, I'll probably stick around on EU for a while and see how things work out.