PDA

View Full Version : News: Teens in a mob assault and rob Center City patrons

[LoD] EE
06-29-2011, 15:08
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20110629_Teens_in_a_mob_assault_and_rob_ Center_City_patrons.html?page=1&c=y

The two young women were sitting at a window table inside the Max Brenner restaurant on 15th Street, near Walnut, sharing chocolate fondue after some shopping.

The streets were vibrant. The weather was nice.

"The city had a good vibe," remembered one of the women, Maria, who requested her full name not be printed.

But their night on the town was about to become frightening.

Heading their way was a pack of teens roving through Center City after leaving a North Philadelphia music festival.

They were part of about 100 or more young people who had left Saturday night's event, police said, committing a series of violent assaults and robberies, including one against Maria, 25, of North Philadelphia, and her cousin Cecilia, 29, of Havertown.

Donta Holdclaw was in the crowd of teens that night. On Tuesday afternoon, he stood on the front step of his mother's North Philadelphia apartment and said the group was bound for South Street.

"They were holding fireworks," he said. "That's what we were going to see."

He had gone to the Susquehanna Community Festival, along Susquehanna Avenue near Broad Street, with his older brother, Aleek Hamilton, 19. Last week, Hamilton graduated from Mastbaum Vocational/Technical High School, with plans to attend college and become a mechanic, said his mother, Letitia Washington.

Hamilton is now in jail, charged with robbing Cecilia.

Erica Rockymore, 18, of North Philadelphia, was also among the teens, police said. Last week, she graduated from the Philadelphia Electrical and Technology Charter High School, her family said. Her 14-year-old sister asked her to take her to the festival. Rockymore is in jail, too, charged with assaulting Maria.

Maria and Cecilia were enjoying their dessert at Max Brenner, with its large, open bay doors. Afterward, Maria, an interior and industrial designer, had planned to visit a Northern Liberties art exhibit. Cecilia was heading home.

The women had spent the afternoon dress shopping. Maria is getting married soon.

About 10 p.m., Maria said, she saw a shirtless teenager run past the restaurant.

"He was running in the middle of the street and looked like he was running away from someone," she said.

Maria tucked away her phone and wallet, which had been sitting on the table.

She grew up in Brazil, she said, and was more street-smart than her cousin.

Before she could tell Cecilia to put her cell phone away, another teen reached through the window and snatched it.

Maria ran out after him.

She was on the sidewalk, starting to scream "thief," she said, when someone from behind punched her in the jaw.

She said she turned, jaw throbbing, to see the girl who had hit her standing with five other teens. "What are you going to do?" she said the girl who had punched her yelled.

The teens were laughing, she said. "They were fearless. It seemed like they weren't taking anything serious."

Maria ran into another restaurant and called 911.

The girls in the group called her a slut as they left, she said.

The police arrived quickly. Another customer at Max Brenner, a 32-year-old woman from Delaware who was with her 7-year-old daughter, had also been robbed. Someone had reached in through a window and snatched her phone, according to police reports

"Would you be able to identify them if we find them?" an officer asked Maria, referring to the teens.

Yes, she said.

The three women and the young girl got in the back of a police cruiser.

At 11th and South Streets, they saw the pack. The teens didn't run. "They were laughing," Maria said, "like nothing was happening."

Maria identified Hamilton and Rockymore for police. One of the teens had already sent a text from Cecilia's phone, she said. "Hangin in the da hood," it read.

Terrance Howard, 20, of Frankford, was arrested after being found to have the Delaware woman's phone, police said.

Police are still investigating two other attacks by teens leaving the festival, including one that left a woman hospitalized with a broken leg.

Officials rejected characterizing Saturday's attacks as "flash mob" assaults, because, they said, they had not been coordinated through social media. Police Commissioner Charles H. Ramsey promised the department would pursue stiff penalties for similar teen violence.

"If they get caught and they get charged, they're going to have a problem," Ramsey said.

Paul Levy, president of the Center City District, called for a zero-tolerance approach.

Maria said Tuesday that her jaw was still sore. She and her fiance had planned to start a family in Philadelphia. She said she still might.

She was more surprised, she said, than frightened.

"I didn't expect something like that in Center City."

Croim
06-29-2011, 15:22
no one gives a shit, hope the teens kill everyone, that would be funny, then i would give a shit.

Abaratican
06-29-2011, 15:25
I'm seriously concerned about the theme of your google searches these days.

Irenor
06-29-2011, 15:42

This.

That being said, it's rather scary to see an increase in this kind of behavior and the scale of it. Those kids are seeing all these flash mobs attacks on TV and social networks and it makes them think how cool it is to be on TV so they all join in on the fun. To them it's not a crime, it's a game. Just ridiculous, people these days...Someone give them a good beating for once, maybe they'll learn. The justice system is way too easy on them.

@Napalm_Enema's post below: Win.

Adûn_East
06-29-2011, 16:01
lol Philadelphia, my home sweet home. Funny reading this shit and the places and knowing I traverse them all the time. I'll let you guys know if I run into any hooligans in my travels. I hope your prayers are with me, OT!

[LoD] EE
06-29-2011, 16:12

You mean news sites? You should be concerned. Local news sites usually post the things the mainstream media wont say exists.

This.

That being said, it's rather scary to see an increase in this kind of behavior and the scale of it. Those kids are seeing all these flash mobs attacks on TV and social networks and it makes them think how cool it is to be on TV so they all join in on the fun. To them it's not a crime, it's a game. Just ridiculous, people these days...Someone give them a good beating for once, maybe they'll learn. The justice system is way too easy on them.

@Napalm_Enema's post below: Win.

The whole reason why I have posted these in the last two weeks is because this stuff is exploding around the US. I've seen a upswing of it on the different news outlets and then see it get squashed, like Pretoria. I figure most of you are within the age range of these people so it would be a good idea you all know this shit is going on and be aware of the locations its most likely to occur. Currently Shitcago and Philly seems to be two big hot spots.

lol Philadelphia, my home sweet home. Funny reading this shit and the places and knowing I traverse them all the time. I'll let you guys know if I run into any hooligans in my travels. I hope your prayers are with me, OT!

Have you heard about much of this on the news? Has this been happening for a while now or is this just a major upswing of stupid kids?

doomahx
06-29-2011, 16:15
EE;5026857']You mean news sites? You should be concerned. Local news sites usually post the things the mainstream media wont say exists.

Which news do you consider main stream? They report these stories on the syndicated morning news shows and the evening news. Does ABC/NBC not count as main stream?

[LoD] EE
06-29-2011, 16:32
Which news do you consider main stream? They report these stories on the syndicated morning news shows and the evening news. Does ABC/NBC not count as main stream?

Funny, I have seen none of it on the news here in the Kansas City area. Perhaps I missed it? Only thing I have seen, is the attack on that Smashing Pumpkin guy's brother and the story on the knock out game, basically because that happened locally.

Bissen
06-29-2011, 16:41
So EE.... When are you gonna post a thread concerning a fireman getting an old lady's cat down a tree?

I kid...

The violence is definitely on a rampage these days. I sense a disturbance in the vibrations of the earth.

doomahx
06-29-2011, 16:46
EE;5026870']Funny, I have seen none of it on the news here in the Kansas City area. Perhaps I missed it? Only thing I have seen, is the attack on that Smashing Pumpkin guy's brother and the story on the knock out game, basically because that happened locally.

I was only talking about national news, It's been on Good Morning America a few times. I haven't seen it on local news in NYC either but that's probably because it hasn't happened here ever so it's not a local problem at the moment.

Napalm_Enema
06-29-2011, 16:55
I was only talking about national news, It's been on Good Morning America a few times. I haven't seen it on local news in NYC either but that's probably because it hasn't happened here ever so it's not a local problem at the moment.

No, it's not in the 'mainstream' news because it's a PC nightmare for them to ever think about doing stories if they involve black people.

Better to keep the sheeple in line with Lindsay Lohan updates and Kim Kardashian getting X-Ray's of her fucking ass.

Adûn_East
06-29-2011, 16:59
EE;5026857']Have you heard about much of this on the news? Has this been happening for a while now or is this just a major upswing of stupid kids?

I don't own a TV and haven't really looked at the newspapers much of late so I couldn't say for sure. As far as it happening for a while now: no, I don't think so. Philly mostly is a shit hole (has some nice areas though, like anywhere else) but nonetheless is generally pretty peaceful/safe in the center city if you mind your own business and don't go where you shouldn't. Nothing like this though afaik, but maybe I'm just poorly informed. Haven't heard about it from word of mouth or anything.

[LoD] EE
06-29-2011, 16:59

I dont watch national news. This time of year is big for thunder storms, tornadoes etc so I keep it on a local channel almost 24/7 when I am home, keeping an eye on the weather. I only watch national news, CNN etc, if something big were to happen.

doomahx
06-29-2011, 17:01
No, it's not in the 'mainstream' news because it's a PC nightmare for them to ever think about doing stories if they involve black people.

Better to keep the sheeple in line with Lindsay Lohan updates and Kim Kardashian getting X-Ray's of her fucking ass.

Good Morning America is not mainstream news? I would have thought those morning shows are the definition of mainstream news.

[LoD] EE
06-29-2011, 17:03

Which is basically what I am getting at. Important news which could stop someone from being robbed, beaten or killed is being covered up basically because its not considered PC to talk about it. Fuck that noise.

Yeah, the news is starting to become some big fucking TMZ. I dont give a shit about celebs and what they do. I want real fucking news, things that effect my life and can risk it, I could give a shit about trashy ass Lohan or any of the Kardashians.

Ziegler
06-29-2011, 17:03
EE;5026914']I dont watch national news. This time of year is big for thunder storms, tornadoes etc so I keep it on a local channel almost 24/7 when I am home, keeping an eye on the weather. I only watch national news, CNN etc, if something big were to happen.

and read The Drudge Report (http://www.drudgereport.com/)

To all you people wondering how he finds this stuff...it isnt anything special, it's the Drudge report. That's all...no big mystery or concern needed.

Makestro
06-29-2011, 17:04
I personally think it's funny, instead of getting myself suspended again I'll just leave it at that.

Napalm_Enema
06-29-2011, 17:06

To all you people wondering how he finds this stuff...it isnt anything special, it's the Drudge report. That's all...no big mystery or concern needed.

Meh, the drudge report was decent a few years ago, now it just regurgitates as much trash as any other mainstream shit.

Lost his teeth when he started making money, now just another shill for the puppetmaster that manipulates all media.

Shocking how 'standard' news venues have nothing better to do than talk about Tiger Woods dick or other useless tawdry shit.

doomahx
06-29-2011, 17:11
Meh, the drudge report was decent a few years ago, now it just regurgitates as much trash as any other mainstream shit.

Lost his teeth when he started making money, now just another shill for the puppetmaster that manipulates all media.

Shocking how 'standard' news venues have nothing better to do than talk about Tiger Woods dick or other useless tawdry shit.

It's not that they don't have anything better to do, they go where the money is. They just report what most people want to hear. If they weren't getting fuckloads of viewers they wouldn't be getting advertising money, if they weren't getting advertising money they would change. Do you really think most people care about important shit? No.

[LoD] EE
06-29-2011, 17:13

Drudge is one but I use others as well. Its not that hard to find news out there if you look.

Napalm_Enema
06-29-2011, 17:22
EE;5026946']Drudge is one but I use others as well. Its not that hard to find news out there if you look.

I'd actually appreciate if you would list all of the sites you frequent, as you certainly run across more 'actual news' than I do with my casual attempts at it.

Ziegler
06-29-2011, 17:23

I havent noticed a difference at all....

It's still just a page full of links to other news articles and sites. Everything from Huffington post to NYT, to Al jazeera to Daily Mail. What's funny is read his site in the morning and listen to the conservative talk shows....I swear if Drudge went off line, they'd not have a single story to talk about.

TheSensei
06-29-2011, 17:29

In west Philadelphia born and raised
At the mall is where I spent most of my days
Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool
Grabbing some coffee, sittin' on a stool
When a few hundred guys, they were up to no good
Started muggin' people in my neighbourhood

zato`1
06-29-2011, 21:39
hahaha. i live in a philly suburb in jersey, but visit the city all the time. ill tell you what, if some dumb bitch punched my gf, she'd be breathing out of a new 9mm hole in her chest.

and instead of getting banned again, ill just say it has everything to do with race, and nothing to do with socio economic situations, because other races are just as bad off in that area but you don't see any hispanic or middle-easterners mug shots.

doomahx
06-29-2011, 21:53
and instead of getting banned again, ill just say it has everything to do with race, and nothing to do with socio economic situations, because other races are just as bad off in that area but you don't see any hispanic or middle-easterners mug shots.

Are you inferring Hispanics and middle-easterners aren't committing crimes in that area?

zato`1
06-29-2011, 21:55
Are you inferring Hispanics and middle-easterners aren't committing crimes in Philadelphia?

i am inferring that they are not in groups of 50-100 robbing people for their cellphones and mcdonalds money.

doomahx
06-29-2011, 21:57
i am inferring that they are not in groups of 50-100 robbing people for their cellphones and mcdonalds money.

Ah, so they just haven't caught on yet. Other criminals are just behind the curve. :lmao::lmao:

Makestro
06-29-2011, 21:59
and instead of getting banned again, ill just say it has everything to do with race

damn nazi forum mods and cracking down on the truth

zato`1
06-29-2011, 22:06
Ah, so they just haven't caught on yet. Other criminals are just behind the curve. :lmao::lmao:

more like other criminals don't need a group of 100 people to rob you for your cellphone. these kids are nothing but hooligans and are only using their numerical advantage to scare and intimidate people. there's plenty of real criminals in PA, trust me, ive had my car stolen and recovered with a quarter kilo of columbian cocaine stitched in the seats.

these stories will stop when they fuck with the wrong person and get shot. you won't see these stories happening somewhere like georgia or any racist state, because the people that live there aren't pussies, and frequently walk around locked and loaded.

theyre preying on the liberal bleeding heart pussies that can't stand up for themselves and probably have NEVER stood up for themselves at ANY point in their lives.

like i said, these attacks will end as soon as they encounter some crazy asshole like EE whose just been waiting for the day to come when he can mow down a crowd of punks.

it will be an epic news story when it happens. i will laugh in disdain at the deceased for their stupidity and congratulate the shooter.

doomahx
06-29-2011, 22:20
theyre preying on the liberal bleeding heart pussies that can't stand up for themselves and probably have NEVER stood up for themselves at ANY point in their lives.

You have to be on drugs. I can't believe you are actually drawing a comparison between ones political affiliation and their ability to stand up for themselves. Some of the baddest mother fuckers i've known have been liberal, people that won't think twice about breaking someone kneecaps. What next? Are you going to claim republicans are better at baseball while democrats are better cellists? :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Makestro
06-29-2011, 22:26
You have to be on drugs. I can't believe you are actually drawing a comparison between ones political affiliation and their ability to stand up for themselves.

I can't believe you think it doesn't, especially since he was talking about using a gun to defend one's self.

doomahx
06-29-2011, 22:29
I can't believe you think it doesn't, especially since he was talking about using a gun to defend one's self.

So your saying liberals don't carry guns? Interesting theory, can't say I agree with it though. That's like saying republicans don't get an abortions.

Makestro
06-29-2011, 22:30
So your saying liberals don't carry guns? Interesting theory, can't say I agree with it though. That's like saying republicans don't get an abortions.

Never said that, but if you find someone on the street exercising their right to conceal and carry you'll most likely find a non-liberal before a liberal. Since a lot of liberals hate guns to begin with.

Negocromn
06-29-2011, 22:47
hmmm idk guns tend to turn silly situations like traffic arguments and the likes into people being shot.

specially if its a redneck little bitch carrying it

zato`1
06-29-2011, 22:51
first of all, you have to go to center city in philly to see exactly what i'm talking about. its seriously like san francisco in south park. a bunch of smug white fart-sniffers who drive hybrids and frequent pretentious coffee shops while talking with their liberal baby-slaying friends over a $11.99 mocha that came in a 2 oz souffle cup.

now im as liberal as the next guy, trust me, but these folks make every "affluent" stereotype come true. theyre being preyed upon because of this. sure, there are liberals like you described - hard ass motherfuckers that won't think twice about incapacitating you because they also believe in the free health care that you'll get after they kick your ass... but they aren't in center city, drinking mochas at Max Brenner (this place is seriously ridiculous) and getting robbed by teenager punks.

Shaehl
06-29-2011, 22:53
I'm just waiting see "Man pleads self-defense after fatal fork stabbing of a dozen flash-mobbers who interrupted his meal in a failed attempt at robbery" in the headlines--at that point I will know I have finally ascended.

hmmm idk guns tend to turn silly situations like traffic arguments and the likes into people being shot.

specially if its a redneck little bitch carrying it

Because we are talking about "silly situations like traffic arguments" here. No, dipshit, we're talking 50 people jumping your ass and beating the shit out of you/robbing you/killing you for no god damn reason.

Rimayven
06-29-2011, 23:00
No offense but... do the 'flash mobs' comprise only black teens?

zato`1
06-29-2011, 23:05
No offense but... do the 'flash mobs' comprise only black teens?

yes

*prepares for another ban*

Negocromn
06-29-2011, 23:08
yes

*prepares for another ban*

im black and not robbing people... strange...

Shaehl
06-29-2011, 23:09

No said you were... strange...

zato`1
06-29-2011, 23:10

the statement didn't read "do all black people commit gang robberies"

it was "are only black teens involved in flash mob robberies"

the answer is yes

good try though
i bet that wouldve gotten me banned

Makestro
06-30-2011, 00:04

Congrats, you seem to have bunched yourself with the animals people are referring to. Next time maybe you should think twice and realize no one was hating on you or blacks in general, but instead on the people who wreck your image. What is actually pretty funny, because for some reason whenever anything like this is discussed every black person jumps at the opportunity to defend(and group themselves with) the worthless piles of shit that make up their race instead of shrugging it off(realizing that they have no connections to the low lives being spoken about besides skin color) like nearly every other ethnic group.... It's cool though, just makes being a racist easier, since I don't have to weed through them like I do most other ethnic groups.

zato`1
06-30-2011, 00:16
aww damn cya in 6 days, but well said, very eloquent and truthful, unfortunately going to be misconstrued as racism :(

Negocromn
06-30-2011, 00:55
lol makestro nice wall of text n ima let you finish

but

im white

zato`1
06-30-2011, 00:57
doesnt really make it any less true though does it

Negocromn
06-30-2011, 00:58
ya read it right now its pretty spot on actually

gays and shit also qq too fucking much

Scrubacil
07-01-2011, 02:04
its curious how all the violent actions are carried out by Ni... ehrm black people...watching youtube and seeing how this ppl behave it is not weird that americans carry guns...god forbid this same thing happened in europe...

[LoD] EE
07-01-2011, 03:11
I am looking forward to the news of this weekend. American Pride, Alcohol, Groups of kids, Fireworks.. Awww yeah.. Carnage!

Largion
07-01-2011, 03:13
its curious how all the violent actions are carried out by Ni... ehrm black people...watching youtube and seeing how this ppl behave it is not weird that americans carry guns...god forbid this same thing happened in europe...

I bet racist remarks will help. ;)

zato`1
07-01-2011, 04:14
I bet racist remarks will help. ;)

being tolerant of these animals has really gotten us far hasn't it

read this

Congrats, you seem to have bunched yourself with the animals people are referring to. Next time maybe you should think twice and realize no one was hating on you or blacks in general, but instead on the people who wreck your image.

What is actually pretty funny, because for some reason whenever anything like this is discussed every black person jumps at the opportunity to defend(and group themselves with) the worthless piles of shit that make up their race instead of shrugging it off(realizing that they have no connections to the low lives being spoken about besides skin color) like nearly every other ethnic group....

Largion
07-01-2011, 04:37
being tolerant of these animals has really gotten us far hasn't it

read this

Congrats, you seem to have bunched yourself with the animals people are referring to. Next time maybe you should think twice and realize no one was hating on you or blacks in general, but instead on the people who wreck your image.

What is actually pretty funny, because for some reason whenever anything like this is discussed every black person jumps at the opportunity to defend(and group themselves with) the worthless piles of shit that make up their race instead of shrugging it off(realizing that they have no connections to the low lives being spoken about besides skin color) like nearly every other ethnic group....

Im not tolerant to the idiots but remarks like "Ni... ehrm black people" is just stupid. And just bc I think making stupid remarks wont help you think I bunched up whit bullys?

zato`1
07-01-2011, 04:49
Im not tolerant to the idiots but remarks like "Ni... ehrm black people" is just stupid. And just bc I think making stupid remarks wont help you think I bunched up whit bullys?

so you're clear on what we mean, when they say that, right? its no different than you and your homeboys makin fun of rednecks etc.

when you point at a particular group of white people and say, "wow what a bunch of hick redneck trash" you won't see ANY white person jumping to their defense to say "QQ remarks like that really perpetuate the hate against my race" because we recognize its some stupid degenerate fucks that are being talked about that we bear no relation to other than being a similar skin tone. THATS IT. SKIN TONE.

would you get over it already? jeez.
just think about it

whites, asians, hispanics, and even jews have learned to get past the hate. why are black people still clinging on to the racism/hate card? i think its because you're afraid if you let it go, you won't have anything left to stand on

Largion
07-01-2011, 05:16
so you're clear on what we mean, when they say that, right? its no different than you and your homeboys makin fun of rednecks etc.

when you point at a particular group of white people and say, "wow what a bunch of hick redneck trash" you won't see ANY white person jumping to their defense to say "QQ remarks like that really perpetuate the hate against my race" because we recognize its some stupid degenerate fucks that are being talked about that we bear no relation to other than being a similar skin tone. THATS IT. SKIN TONE.

would you get over it already? jeez.
just think about it

whites, asians, hispanics, and even jews have learned to get past the hate. why are black people still clinging on to the racism/hate card? i think its because you're afraid if you let it go, you won't have anything left to stand on

Man wtf are you talking about Im white, 30 and have geek tattoos. If someone would write "wow what a bunch of hick redneck trash.. ehrm white people" then that would also be a stupid comment that draws all white people over the same like. Thats the way I read it atleast.
Well Im going to sleep now but I would love some advice on how to run man gang of homeboys!

zato`1
07-01-2011, 05:20
okay so you're NOT black

but yet you fail to understand that if i say 'hick white trash' im referring to a specific white person, not secretly saying 'all white people are hick trash'

people like you are the problem in all races man

and you arent hip enough to be down with the homeboys, ya jive turkey

Rimayven
07-01-2011, 05:30
Why are humans still living under racial tension, when we face bigger problems such as resource depletion and economy issues?

Why can't societies simply live in peace?