PDA

View Full Version : No Homepage News since 2009

kizzay
06-19-2011, 04:58
Guys there hasn't been any homepage news since 2009!

Let's discuss why this may be, and what Aventurine can possibly do to remedy the problem!

Falokis
06-19-2011, 05:06
They had a sprint meeting about 2 years ago on this topic and solution is in the pipeline, but no details or ETA can be discussed. There was a presentation of the updated webpage at that meeting and it was amazing, though.

GirlyMan
06-19-2011, 05:07
game hasn't change since then, bro.

no, I'm kidding. Who cares..

Zaffax
06-19-2011, 06:57
game hasn't change since then, bro.

Truth.

Sherd
06-19-2011, 11:51
(http://forums.darkfallonline.com/member.php?u=389760)No, it isn't.
If you have a post or a suggestion try actually writing it out in the future.

Let's discuss why this may be, and what Aventurine can possibly do to remedy the problem!

This is ridiculous. Now the customers shall do the marketing? Because we know so well what is going on at AV's? I am now just waiting for Tasos asking us for our estimation for the expansions ETA .....

(http://forums.darkfallonline.com/member.php?u=389760)

Umki Bloodsoul
06-19-2011, 12:07
i am now just waiting for tasos asking us for our estimation for the expansions eta .....

sosick
06-19-2011, 12:15

I used to be one of those guys who woul get irritated when people would post shit about the game dying, or other bs. But really, I am losing hope. I have had hope now since release but their lack of communication and shit is really making me think otherwise. I just moved to the US server and really I dont see too many people left and I know where to look for population. I always see the same people now. Hardly any new faces that stick around. I won't go as far as saying the game is dead yet, but soon I fear unless they get their heads out of their asses. I don't think people would be too upset if they would at least give us better communication. But if they keep letting things go the way they are, this game will die. Frustrating.:bang:

sosick
06-19-2011, 12:17
Lol woops. And as soon as I post the last msg, I go to the blog and see an update posted on the 17th.... Oh well

Pallist
06-19-2011, 14:22
They had a sprint meeting about 2 years ago on this topic and solution is in the pipeline, but no details or ETA can be discussed. There was a presentation of the updated webpage at that meeting and it was amazing, though.

lol

bobii
06-19-2011, 14:22
http://www.darkfallonline.com/news/

No moar animated dragon q_q

Famer Joe
06-19-2011, 17:42
People going to the website and curious about the game are probably immediately turned off by no new official website news for 2 years. They most likely assume the website is defunc and the game dead. It's common sense, when I visit a website, I gear it's current relevance by how frequently and recently it's been updated. The fact that AV doesn't see that is *mind boggling*.

paxprobellum
06-20-2011, 17:52

I lol'd

DAA KAPUTTMACHA
06-20-2011, 17:57
People going to the website and curious about the game are probably immediately turned off by no new official website news for 2 years. They most likely assume the website is defunc and the game dead. It's common sense, when I visit a website, I gear it's current relevance by how frequently and recently it's been updated. The fact that AV doesn't see that is *mind boggling*.

Dont you worry, they are in the process of "streamlining" it. As everything.

AV doesnt fail, AV streamlines.

Laxe
06-20-2011, 17:58

darkfall is a money laundering for norwegian maffia

there is a reason why they dont advertise ever and state that we have 100 000 active subs on both servers

chaOxz
06-20-2011, 18:11

Clearly this game is dieing and wont pass next year

Lumanil
06-20-2011, 19:44

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Dammit. This isn't even funny, but i had to laugh...

Irenor
06-20-2011, 20:46
http://www.darkfallonline.com/news/

No moar animated dragon q_q

Ah....all those promises...500 spells, consequences, hirelings, etc....why did DarkFall have to turn into "this". Your post made me re-watch those old videos again, I hate you for that.

Sarek
06-20-2011, 22:39
Sorry guys, its game over. They moved too slow on game busting issues, failed to communicate with the guys that pay the bills (you).

Anything other than sunshine and rainbows on the forums gets the jackboot treatment.. Nah sorry but anyone with half a brain can see the writing on the wall, scratch that - a brain cell (singular)

Its a real shame, I have been a gamer for a very long time (remember 5 1/4" floppies) this game rose through the flames of claimed vaporware to a half cocked launch with more bugs and exploits than you can shake a stick at. The pig survived and gained ground but you know what it all came down to? Respect - to the paying customer. Business basics totally ignored, players just unsubbing on a daily basis. They might come and have a look at the game post uber patch but if it fails to deliver against expectations (which it will due to the time taken and the way peoples image of something gets self constructed over time) they will walk away. And it will fail I suspect, we have had such an endless list of features in the works people will need to buy a new HDD to download the mother! Sorry AV, customers have been keeping score on your promises, Deliver above expectations or die by your own hand and yours alone.. Set yourselves up to fail big time

Zaffax
06-21-2011, 06:27
I really think AV just gave up on the game a long time ago. For the amount of content that they have produced post launch, it seems as AV moved on a long time ago and have stopped development since then in hopes that empty promises would carry long term followers. Essentially nothing has been added to the game since launch save for housing and bug fixes, which as far as we know could have been in production well before launch.

At this point, the only hope for Darkfall (in the most niche framework possible), would be to release an entirely new game, or to have such a groundbreaking expansion that it resembled one.

Irenor
06-21-2011, 06:40
Sorry guys, its game over. They moved too slow on game busting issues, failed to communicate with the guys that pay the bills (you).

Anything other than sunshine and rainbows on the forums gets the jackboot treatment.. Nah sorry but anyone with half a brain can see the writing on the wall, scratch that - a brain cell (singular)

Its a real shame, I have been a gamer for a very long time (remember 5 1/4" floppies) this game rose through the flames of claimed vaporware to a half cocked launch with more bugs and exploits than you can shake a stick at. The pig survived and gained ground but you know what it all came down to? Respect - to the paying customer. Business basics totally ignored, players just unsubbing on a daily basis. They might come and have a look at the game post uber patch but if it fails to deliver against expectations (which it will due to the time taken and the way peoples image of something gets self constructed over time) they will walk away. And it will fail I suspect, we have had such an endless list of features in the works people will need to buy a new HDD to download the mother! Sorry AV, customers have been keeping score on your promises, Deliver above expectations or die by your own hand and yours alone.. Set yourselves up to fail big time

Bah, even if AV were to fail to deliver DarkFall 2010 (and my guess is they will), yes they will lose players, but given their low population, I don't think it will make that much of a difference to them. Clearly they have another way to generate their income, although this crisis in Greece might have dealt them a blow (or not). But there's just no way they can run a ~30-man team, keep up server costs and continue development with revenues only from the game. It doesn't add up.

Still, patch will fail, but a lot of players will keep playing because:
"DARFKALL IS THE BEST MMO EVAR! GOOD RIDDANCE YOU CAREBEAR CRYBABY!"
/fanboi impression.

DarkFall will live regardless (sadly).

Zaffax
06-21-2011, 06:43
But there's just no way they can run a ~30-man team, keep up server costs and continue development with revenues only from the game. It doesn't add up.

I :lmao: at this.

Irenor
06-21-2011, 06:56
I :lmao: at this.

I guess I should've said to continue with their scrum meetings and paying medical bills because half the office caught the flu.

:rolleyes:

bongloads
06-21-2011, 07:14
I think they're coming out with a new homepage once Darkfall is released out of beta.

Geocities will be hosting.

Valroth
06-21-2011, 08:36
LOL

'Latest Video' on the European DF site is my newbie guide part 1.
'Latest Video' on the North American DF site is my newbie guide part 2.

AV, get a new webmaster.

P.S. I'm available part time.

Kossako
06-21-2011, 09:31
LOL

'Latest Video' on the European DF site is my newbie guide part 1.
'Latest Video' on the North American DF site is my newbie guide part 2.

AV, get a new webmaster.

P.S. I'm available part time.

You did more to promote game than AV combined. It's sad that such bad company made darkfall. Let's hope someone else will take their ideas from those meetings and actually implement them in some game. AV for me is finished.

Death's Chill
06-21-2011, 13:08
It does seem to me, like they have an alternative source of revenue. I doubt even a generous subscription estimation of 4,000 would be enough to pay 30 employee's, rent on their office, as well as benefits, medical leave, taxes, interest on their loan, server costs, etc...

That's good news. It means they know they can take their time, and that is what they are doing. Unlike blizzard that does the same, they don't have a gargantuan pool of talent and money to draw from, so they are still limited and it does take far longer; but it's getting there. I'll draw a more firm conclusion when I see what happens with Darkfall Arena. If it's a great expansion and changes most of the problems with the game and they couple that with mass advertising, I can definitely see the game reigniting. It just needs that spark to go.

Dwhap
06-21-2011, 17:32
This is ridiculous. Now the customers shall do the marketing? Because we know so well what is going on at AV's? I am now just waiting for Tasos asking us for our estimation for the expansions ETA .....

(http://forums.darkfallonline.com/member.php?u=389760)

Hence, why we all cancelled our subscriptions..

Brannoc
06-22-2011, 00:28
Aventurine has generally preferred to use their forums to communicate with their customers. But I've sent a message around saying "hey, there's a website over there!"

Your thread is valid, but no longer really productive. :)