PDA

View Full Version : Skyrim

Irenor
06-06-2011, 23:55
Gametrailers, Gameplay Walkthrough (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-elder-scrolls/714852)

Suprised no one else on ForumFall posted this already.

Keno
06-06-2011, 23:59
Game looks FUCKING EPIC.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-elder-scrolls/714851

Adûn_East
06-07-2011, 00:07
Looks really cool imo, maybe they learned their lesson from Oblivion? I hope to be able to play this thing for months

Kusghuul
06-07-2011, 00:08
The narrator sounds like an ubernerd.

Nova88
06-07-2011, 00:16
Interesting he said that this is xbox360 graphics. I wonder what the PC version will look like. And no dark brotherhood :(. But ya I can't wait till this comes out.

nizzie
06-07-2011, 00:19
Looks really cool imo, maybe they learned their lesson from Oblivion? I hope to be able to play this thing for months

If they didn't I'll spent lots of hours doing side quests while ignoring the boring main and shooting fireballs out of my ass. :cool:

Jedicake
06-07-2011, 00:32
300 hours of content ftw!

Rimayven
06-07-2011, 00:43
Hope it's as good as the Witcher 2. At least we know the graphics are as good, but what about the writing or the game mechanics?

The mod community will probably fix the game's lame slow arrows or level scaling anyway, but I think Bethesda has finally written a story better than the ones in Oblivion(didn't care about it at all) or Fallout 3(why did I have to die at the end when I could send the mutants in?).

Largion
06-07-2011, 01:44
Singel player battlemagehealingroguetankcasterarcher!

Irenor
06-07-2011, 01:57
Singel player battlemagehealingroguetankcasterarcher!

At least you're not gimped for choosing to focus on a single branch or 2 instead of all of them at the same time ;)

Sacred Blood
06-07-2011, 02:17
holy dumb fuck, i just came all over the ceiling

i'll have to get it on 360, my PC will take a shit and die if i try to run that

Realbigdeal22
06-07-2011, 02:39
Im saving gold to play skyrim full time.

zato`1
06-07-2011, 02:55
holy shit, i take back everything ive said

that looks incredible

and that is also the engine that fallout online project v13 is gonna go on :P

Tenebrion
06-07-2011, 03:05
Can't fucking wait.

GRCPan
06-07-2011, 03:07
Looks amazing

Falokis
06-07-2011, 03:14
It has level scaling like Oblivion which means it is a piece of shit until the modders fix it.

Tenebrion
06-07-2011, 03:19
It has level scaling like Oblivion which means it is a piece of shit until the modders fix it.

It doesn't have level scaling. It has the same system as Fallout 3, where the first time you encounter an area, the monsters in that area stay at that difficultly for the rest of that game.

Jedicake
06-07-2011, 03:26

loooool

Adûn_East
06-07-2011, 03:29
I was surprised at how impressive this actually looks, rewatched it again.

Some negatives from Oblivion I hope are eradicated though:

- Overall meh melee/magic/combat system. Archery still could be pretty fun because of the physics involved, but melee was either spam or wait & parry so your opponent gets stunned and then proceed spam. Magic was cumbersome and generally pretty lackluster.

- Like 3 voice actors voicing the whole fucking game (besides Terence Stamp/Patrick Stewart contributions). How retarded was it that all NPCS in the game had one of three voices, that merely alternated in tones and intonations? Kind of hysterical actually because it showed the mentality of the producers at the time and how they were likely pressured into having the whole thing voiced for the ADD gen. over giving a shit of how immersion breaking/irritating/absurd it is.

- Vanilla questing, kill 10 rats, get blowjob; shit like that doesn't really have a place in a game like TES.

- Misc. skill system issues and ability to grind through everything making the game ez-mode, and the whole chameleon thing.

- Npcs generally being either really dumb, devoid of any "memory", or just very primitive or not "three dimensional" in their behavior.

- Stripped down skill system in comparison to Morrowind, but I guess that's the route they're going with TES in general for now. Maybe it won't be so bad.

What else should GTFO?

Napalm_Enema
06-07-2011, 03:35
Game looks FUCKING EPIC.

Looks epic?

Looks boring as a mother fuck.

Tenebrion
06-07-2011, 03:39
What else should GTFO?

The shit-fail storyline involving me helping some other dip-shit become "the hero".

Larocco
06-07-2011, 03:43
every game looks rather shit after playing the gate of the baldur for me unfortunately. wish i didnt play that game at all.

Ausei
06-07-2011, 03:57
Looks epic?

Yeah that video was boring as hell. Wheres resource gathering and other exciting stuff like that?

griM'
06-07-2011, 07:08
I was skeptical, but that's been thrown out the window.

Rimayven
06-07-2011, 07:44
I'm looking forward to Mass Effect 3 because I loved the first 2 games (all I hated was the Mako). Skyrim will probably be as boring as Morrowind and Oblivion.

raapnaap
06-07-2011, 08:00
Looks very nice, but will it play well? I thought Oblivion was alright even with it's flaws, so I hope they improved the area's that were less good.

Still a shame about no multiplayer option of sorts.

It doesn't have level scaling. It has the same system as Fallout 3, where the first time you encounter an area, the monsters in that area stay at that difficultly for the rest of that game.

I never played Fallout, what exactly does this system mean? If I was to explore every zone on my 30 minute playtime character would every zone be scaled to that weak character for the rest of the game?

mcap
06-07-2011, 08:12
The game looks pretty neat. Dual wielding a fireball and a sword is pretty cool, and dual wielding 1h weapons is something that should have been around since Morrowind. The graphics look like Oblivion with better animations, nothing groundbreaking. It also makes no sense that they'd showcase it on the least powerful of the 3 platforms.

The "shout" thing sounds fucking gay, and we all know they'll be too stupid/stubborn to add in even a rudimentary form of multiplayer. The best guild plotlines will likely be cut short (hello Dark Brotherhood), the story will probably be terrible and the skill up/leveling system won't be fixed until the modders take it upon themselves.

Irenor
06-07-2011, 08:25
The graphics look like Oblivion with better animations, nothing groundbreaking.

You can't be serious when you say that right? Oblivion's graphics, especially the character designs are amongst the most horrible thing I've ever seen.

http://www.the72pins.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/oblivion-skyrim.jpg

It's YEARS ahead of Oblivion ( and thank god it is because that character creation was a nightmare)

paade
06-07-2011, 10:12
whatever the vanilla version turns out to be, mods will make it ten times better. Launch + 6 months, then ill buy it.

Voodoo Hoodoo
06-07-2011, 11:53
holy shit, i take back everything ive said

that looks incredible

and that is also the engine that fallout online project v13 is gonna go on :P

Sorry, Project v13 has been put on hold 'indefinitely'. Apparently EA is broke.

/cry x 1000.

Laxe
06-07-2011, 14:11
UI looks shit just like oblivions

hope pc one will be better

Keno
06-07-2011, 14:26
Looks epic?

Anything that comes out at E3 that looks DECENT I'm excited about, since Darkfall is pretty much finished.

A lot of impressive games.

Napalm_Enema
06-07-2011, 14:55
Anything that comes out at E3 that looks DECENT I'm excited about, since Darkfall is pretty much finished.

A lot of impressive games.

Instead of being dazzled by how it looks, pay attention to how it plays from the vids.

Idiotic AI - Guy takes out another guy around a campfire with his bow, other guy just stands there.

Standard AI pattern - run right at you, yay.

No dynamic blocking other than 'Hold trigger to block lolz now fireballz!!'

The first person combat looks as clunky and lame as Oblivion.

Meh, enjoy but I'm confident this will be more 'omg awesome' before it is released, then when you dig into it, it will be another boring console port.

Abaratican
06-07-2011, 15:06
Game looks FUCKING EPIC.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=epic

Keno
06-07-2011, 15:16

:lmao:

Thanks

MrBungle
06-07-2011, 16:04

Yeh funny, but seriously, this guy's a fairy.

Keno
06-07-2011, 16:08
Yeh funny, but seriously, this guy's a fairy.

Agreed

Falokis
06-07-2011, 18:02
It doesn't have level scaling. It has the same system as Fallout 3, where the first time you encounter an area, the monsters in that area stay at that difficultly for the rest of that game.Yeah. I'd like to hear more about this. I don't remember where I read it (or maybe a video with another programmer talking), but they said it had level scaling. That is when I stopped looking into the game. If they changed it, good. If I'm understanding what you said, that sounds good.

Hyphelion
06-07-2011, 18:08
Thanks for the link. I have mixed feelings after seeing the newest video.

I grinned when Todd Howard said at the very end of the video that they are doing their best to make the best possible game, keeping in mind how at the very beginning of the video you could see how they limited graphics due to console restrictions the same way all other game companies do. :sly:

Gameplay and graphics during the first part of the video doesn't look that exciting but the part with mammoths and dragons looks nice. They made the first The Elder Scrolls game in 1991 and hopefully they achieve something amazing after 20 more years with TES 10 when graphics and physics become truly realistic and computers powerful enough to roll it. Of course, for a 2011 game it should be really good compared to everything else. I was really hyped up about Skyrim a few months ago but the newest video has dispersed some of that feeling.

Irenor
06-07-2011, 22:12
Yeah. I'd like to hear more about this. I don't remember where I read it (or maybe a video with another programmer talking), but they said it had level scaling. That is when I stopped looking into the game. If they changed it, good. If I'm understanding what you said, that sounds good.

Bethesda should be posting a Fan Interview (basically like DF's community Q&A) in the following days after the end of E3. It's very likely that this question will be asked again. That said, I do remember reading an interview or watching a video where they mentionned that they are aware that players didn't like the leveling system of Oblivion and that they were going with something closer to Morrowind for Skyrim.

Falokis
06-07-2011, 22:16
Bethesda should be posting a Fan Interview (basically like DF's community Q&A) in the following days after the end of E3. It's very likely that this question will be asked again. That said, I do remember reading an interview or watching a video where they mentionned that they are aware that players didn't like the leveling system of Oblivion and that they were going with something closer to Morrowind for Skyrim.I don't care what system they use as long as it isn't level scaling like Oblivion or Dragon Age.

Medusaz
06-07-2011, 23:48
Worst thing was when he was asked "will factions be making a return" and he said yes thives guild/fighters guild/mage guild

WE MEAN THE HOUSES FFS. TELVANNI 4LYF

Buurug
06-08-2011, 03:40
I'd like to remind everyone that this was one of the videos they released of Oblivion's A.I.:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/demo-demonstration-elder-scrolls/7904

It looked amazing too, but if you ever played Oblivion you'd know that it wasn't actually like that. Another example would be the amazing steal system they boasted about; you were able to drag corpses that guards could discover and react accordingly. That was merely a meaningless animation that would trigger midfight allowing you to melee the guard down without any reaction.

I just hope there aren't pay to download add-ons released on launch day.

nizzie
06-08-2011, 14:14
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/306184/news/video-interview-the-elder-scrolls-skyrim/

At least they admit in advance that pc gamers get a port, and how Apple inspired the imo shitty interface. :(

Falokis
06-12-2011, 04:03
It doesn't have level scaling. It has the same system as Fallout 3, where the first time you encounter an area, the monsters in that area stay at that difficultly for the rest of that game.I was thinking about this statement and still think this system will suck. My whole point is in this game (and other level scaling games) I will never run into anything stronger than me. There is no danger. There is not great loot for sneaking around hard mobs. There is no fun. Yes, this is better than EVERYTHING being my level. I didn't care as much about level 50 rats when I was level 50 as I did the level 3 <insert uber monster> I found at level 3. I admit not having level 50 rats will be a slight improvement, though.

shock223
06-12-2011, 08:42
holy dumb fuck, i just came all over the ceiling

i'll have to get it on 360, my PC will take a shit and die if i try to run that

i made that mistake before and missed out on the mods.

your better off trying to build/upgrade your PC than using a 360.

then, you don't need to worry about the official patches needing to be released to make the game playable >.<

Dredgon
06-12-2011, 08:50
Pirate first, buy if you like it. Otherwise throw it in the bin :P

bobii
06-12-2011, 09:39
Level scaling?

inb4 rush to get shouts at lvl 1 and use that to kill 90% of the monsters

Zokten
06-12-2011, 09:56
Level scaling?

inb4 rush to get shouts at lvl 1 and use that to kill 90% of the monsters

Get 1st shout then every mob becomes a pack of 5 dragons.