PDA

View Full Version : Tribes: Ascend new info

nizzie
05-30-2011, 20:02
Hi-Rez CEO Todd Harris made the announcement of focusing primarily on the PC version of Tribes Ascend during a podcast interview with the TribesNetwork. One reason why the Xbox LIVE version has been pushed off is because the developer felt that it would be fighting a lot of negative perception that sacrifices would be made to the PC version to dumb it down or consolize it for the Xbox 360.

Hi-Rez hopes that by solely focusing on the PC version as a first release and showing that the controls and user-interface will be designed with the PC in mind then that negative perception will go away.

An even bigger consideration is the need to update Tribes Ascend frequently. (http://www.examiner.com/console-gaming-in-national/hi-rez-puts-xbox-live-release-of-tribes-ascend-on-the-backburner)
It's a trap. :ninja:

Also, no dedicated servers. (According to German website, I didn't listen to the podcast (http://www.tribesnetwork.com/apps/podcast/podcast/96364).)

Stanleyxd
05-30-2011, 20:05
Focusing on PC but no dedicated servers -____-

Nova88
05-30-2011, 20:31
I have zero faith in hi-rez studios. I really got a bad taste in my mouth after anticipating global agenda as a FPS-MMO and it turned out to be a crappy version of TF2 with a 3d lobby. They devs were very misleading about the 'mmo-ness' of the game. There is really nothing about that game that was a MMO, IMO.

I also used to play the shit out of tribes so I would love to see them do it right but my hate would increase 10 fold if they screw up this franchise.

Krag
05-30-2011, 20:56
I guess thats why they are dropping the console version. They know if the game ends up as a shitty FPS like global agenda (but even worse cuz of console) it has no chance.

It's too bad basically the only MMOFPS games tried so far have been really crappy FPS games nowhere near as good as even Battlefield, TF2, etc. I mean it's not easy to make a game that's a really good FPS AND is a MMO, so trying to do that cross platform would be even more difficult.

Tribes 1 was great but I don't remember any of the sequals being all that great. They really need to upgrade the game a bit but still keep the edginess of the original. Need to think big for an MMO version, needs to scale up properly.

Erratic
05-30-2011, 21:01
It seems like we might as well just wait for the new planetside

Bissen
05-30-2011, 21:25
It seems like we might as well just wait for the new planetside
Wasn't that due for a spring release?

bmfof
05-30-2011, 21:37
Should probably note that this isn't the Tribes MMO, it's a regular supposedly honest-to-its-predecessors Tribes game.

Mark Question
05-30-2011, 22:31
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zato`1
05-31-2011, 01:56
YES. YES. YES.

MIDAIR SPINFUSORS MIGHT STILL BE COMING BACK.

:d

edit: if this game is truly epic it could be the next competitive game. a lot of players would love to frag for cash over a different game for once. cs quake and cod are feeling dated.