PDA

View Full Version : @Before allow multi siege

Chris Windblade
05-25-2011, 15:55
sorry i cant post in player discussions yet.

in regards to portals they need to remove them from player cities and place them in Capitol Chaos cities to allow every one access to them and allow every one fair game on travel to sub conts.Do not add them to every chaos city. only a hand full need them. They should cost 3 portal shards each direction you go.

this will:
add pvp hot spots
add fair playing field
fast travel that is possible added to the layer to sieging and allowing more sand in the box. (aka pay mercs to police the portal to keep some clans from joining in some sieges.) and ofc other ideas i am sure you all will come up with.
This also makes players leave there player city to get to places but will also allow for fast travel.

Some rules i think need to go in with them in chaos cities.
center area of the map. i think a new plateau should be made just for the center map portal some where around the mud swamp with medium mobs all around it to off set players just camping it constant.
Ofc only one portal on each sub continent.

this works this way do to it still being lawless in each of these areas.
lets be honest we need the portals but they need to be set in a way that does not allow players to hold all of them also they have to be placed in a way that promotes pvp, and player traveling out of there normal areas.

Think of these portals to become a tool for "sanboxy" type play as well as function. allow them to be used in a way that promotes players to choose to defend the use of or block the use of when multi sieging is in question.

vanyok
05-25-2011, 16:16
No.
i mean hell no.

Chris Windblade
05-25-2011, 16:24
in regards to portal shards add weight to them make them weigh 300 burden.

soon you guys will have them take every thing in game out of game and you can just have a fps arena game with land . meh keep up the good work crew you guys wounder why no one wants to play.

vanyok
05-25-2011, 16:32
Only one portal per island in a chaos city where anyone can bind.
Did you even think this one through before you posted? Are you even subbed right now?

Im just going to sit naked with regs at the portal all day long debuffing and killing people who port in.

And 300kg? Wtf is wrong with you and your suggestions?
So am I suppose to recall to bank every time I get a portal shard when farming for them? They're hard to get as it as...

We all want good things for DFO but sometimes Im really happy that AV doesnt listen to most of these suggestions.

Chris Windblade
05-25-2011, 16:45
yeah i played for 2 years 4 months i am not atm. and yeah i have thaught about it.

your saying your going to sit naked for hrs waiting for some one to come use the portal and maybe out of an 8 hr play time you may get lucky to see 5 players.
altho on the other hand it may make me or some one like me to come farm regs from you. oh that would be pvp hot spot no ?

and yeh you can bind at a chaos stone and use the portal. i really dont see you staying there at all times because you will still want to go other places like your city when it gets attacked. the only one that would even be worth binding to would be the center chaos city and as i said i think the portal should not be in the city.

and yes i still think shards should be heavy and ye you should have to go bank when you get 1

Keno
05-25-2011, 16:46
Remove them. Period

Chris Windblade
05-25-2011, 16:59
thats not going to happen man you know that.
not only did they spend money on dev of it they never remove any thing.

so may as well get over that point.
they just need to move them around to better work as tools rather then a single clan portal system.

Keno
05-25-2011, 17:10
thats not going to happen man you know that.
not only did they spend money on dev of it they never remove any thing.

so may as well get over that point.
they just need to move them around to better work as tools rather then a single clan portal system.

Then the game will continue to decline if they do not make the proper changes.

mixplikt
05-25-2011, 18:10
just remove any means of fast trasportation..

no runestones,
no portal chambers,
no bindstone recall,
implement localized banks.
halve the cost of ships,
new mount with like a cost of 10 steedgrass, that has more speed than the bluetail.

Want to PVP all day? go to the middle of the map, live in a chaos city, or get a holding near your hated enemy.

Make the map seems big or just a big world like EVE, that you really need to travel.

Chris Windblade
05-25-2011, 18:41
give me reason why you think it will decline since none of these have to do with most of the reason players left the game..

basically they have to choose to make the game one to two ways fast travel to appeal to the lazy players that don't want to spend 20 mins max to go from one side of the map to the other.

or appease players like me that really don't care if there is fast travel or not. most in this thread that the other say they don't want any fast travel. altho i would bet 1 million dollars you all use it ever day.
You all are so quick to say get rid of a system in the game regardless if you think players did ask for it or not. I am willing to bet more players asked for it then not.

on top of that when i played i still very rarely seen any of you out running from city to city instead you would portal jump why its easy. so if they would make it to where its not as easy to use but still a possibility it wont be abused. like it is now and players will still have to travel to get to places. via mount. for at least 50% of the way to get to where they are going.

hell as far as it goes don't place them in Chaos cities place them in there own dungeon and have them guarded by void knight type mobs and have plenty of them in there so camping is not an easy task. have the dungeon more like a huge cave that does not have a portal entrance but large that you cant just walk in and boom your in.

DeManiac
05-25-2011, 19:38
I believe in a change like this, moving portals to these areas would be usefull.

Portals should be possible to build inside player cities aswel, BUT, if you do they would only grant access to a limited area, say one or two holding "distances" at a time. So none would be able to teleport out from sub continents unless they use the "Chaos Portal".

Another good addition would be having towers in chaos cities, however, these towers would treat everyone equal, and only when you deal damage would you alert them and then be fired at as if you turned rogue. So being at war wouldn't mater, neither would being good or evil.

The towers could be destroyed, but would be rebuilt in an hour or two.
This would allow people to "Camp" the area, but only if enough people to sustain heal and siege equipments, something which would not be possible to do using simply siege hammers and grenades.

This would make Chaos Cities, fairly safe, but allow large groups to control them.

rikilii
05-25-2011, 19:51
I have no problem with adding some portals to chaos cities, but taking them out of player cities would be just plain retarded.

If you think it's hard to find a decent PVP fight now, just wait until it's impossible for clans to port from one of their holdings to another to respond to an attack.

Virindii
05-25-2011, 20:05

no runestones,
no portal chambers,
no bindstone recall,
halve the cost of ships,
new mount with like a cost of 10 steedgrass, that has more speed than the bluetail.

Want to PVP all day? go to the middle of the map, live in a chaos city, or get a holding near your hated enemy.

Make the map seems big or just a big world like EVE, that you really need to travel.

this

Niburu
05-25-2011, 21:29

no runestones,
no portal chambers,
no bindstone recall,
halve the cost of ships,

instead of making mounts more and more expensive, make roads useful and add a speed bonus to it for bluetails

Realbigdeal22
05-25-2011, 21:33
Remove them. Period

this

rikilii
05-25-2011, 22:50
make roads useful and add a speed bonus to it for bluetails

The mere thought of AV trying to code this makes me shudder.

Skizzix
05-25-2011, 23:56
I pray that portals of any sort were simply a band-aid for lower population and that they will one day remove the band-aid to reveal unblemished skin. I imagine when the expansion is released, and if AV keeps on the right path, whenever it may come, will see the increase in population that will make more obvious the right decisions to make.

Nightblighter
05-26-2011, 01:21
I would support something like this with the caveat that you can only go to and from a set of portals(2 portals) and that which portals are connected changes randomly every T time interval. That way these can't be used to gain farther away holdings easier but instead as a change of pace from your everyday encounters with neighbors.

Melkorus
05-26-2011, 03:05
Only one portal per island in a chaos city where anyone can bind.
Did you even think this one through before you posted? Are you even subbed right now?

Im just going to sit naked with regs at the portal all day long debuffing and killing people who port in.

And 300kg? Wtf is wrong with you and your suggestions?
So am I suppose to recall to bank every time I get a portal shard when farming for them? They're hard to get as it as...

We all want good things for DFO but sometimes Im really happy that AV doesnt listen to most of these suggestions.
Disagree.

Even tho we are talking about AV here, it shouldn't be so hard for them to code it so that you teleport to a random spot within 100 square meters for example. Camping solved.

300Kg thing is retarded agreed.

I would really love to see them remove portals from player cities and add them to starting areas and Islands and one Chaos City in the center, and keep everything as is, make it cost 2 portal shards to port for everyone.

Best case scenario tho, completely remove them. Portals are bullshit.

summer222
05-26-2011, 06:34
thank you !welcome to my site!

ChiefWigham
05-26-2011, 09:10
Remove them. Period

Oh god please!

Chris Windblade
05-26-2011, 12:49
so all 4 of you saying to remove them do you use them now? or do you go out of your way and ride to the next holding when it gets attacked ?

if you say you use them now then your two faced by saying get rid of them. you use them for ease of travel regardless if they were in your city or if you had to ride 5 mins to a portal location or ride 10 mins then jump in one.

Point is they are good for fast travel. Right now they are too good. if you make them work as a tool rather then an over powered one clan portal chain then they will not be used as much but every one will have a level playing field.

even if there was one per sub cont most players will not just run to every siege b/c portal shards are expensive. I know they are easy to come by if you know where to farm them. but thats not the point.Point is if you make it 3 or so to travel one way, It will make players choose if it is worth it for them to go or stay or take the long way.

As for the idea of random drop pfft thats child's play for this dev or any dev crew. thos tools are in the game from day one of portals in the game. and yeah i agree with that idea 100% they should do the same with dungeon portals as well imo but what ever.

Chris Windblade
05-26-2011, 12:53
oh also just wanted to say thanks for the great conversation. can we please keep this going even if you don't like the idea. post something you do like.

not being an ass (serious face) :cool:

smackyou
05-26-2011, 14:54
guys we all know they whont be removed im 99% sure. There not gona invest time on a system than remove it. But they can change how it works, And make it more limited or create something else that makes that system not to usefull.

Kasmos
05-26-2011, 15:15
They need to be removed from player cities.

I wouldn't mind having them in chaos cities, but it would depend on how they implement them.

They need to:

- remove portal chambers from player cities
- make ships faster (and certain ones cheaper)
- make mounts faster, MUCH faster on roads

And maybe:

- add a racial capital recall that has a very long timer, such as 6 hours