PDA

View Full Version : Incest (May be NSFW thread pending)

Tamural
05-22-2011, 19:34
Thoughts? Opinions?

Note, this isn't a "would you do it" thread, merely a "what do you think about it?" (unless you want to say so... f ex, under what circumstances/why?)

Try and keep it SFW, but I have the title prepared just in case someone's a doucher >.>

Cailian
05-22-2011, 19:36
Hmm I saw that TV show with the girl having sex with her father and all that.

Made me puke a little in my mouth. Especially when the dad came up the stage and they made out.

Can't say I think anybody with a sane mind would think anything other then that it's disgusting and unethical. And fucking insane. Yeah that too.

Jedicake
05-22-2011, 19:39
No.

Tenebrion
05-22-2011, 19:55
It really all depends on exactly how hot your sister is.

brizzle
05-22-2011, 19:55
this thread is going places

Ausei
05-22-2011, 19:58
It seems like incest is only bad because we say it is. No real evidence.

Tamural
05-22-2011, 20:03

Made me puke a little in my mouth. Especially when the dad came up the stage and they made out.

Can't say I think anybody with a sane mind would think anything other then that it's disgusting and unethical. And fucking insane. Yeah that too.

Yeah, I used to think that. Then I thought about it for a little and couldn't come up with a reason why it was unethical or disgusting (I am open to reasons if you have them), only that I was raised to think it. Kind of the same way people are raised to believe homosexuality is unethical and disgusting when there's no legitimate reason why it is. I mean, it's just sex between two consenting adults. Now I'm just indifferent towards it.

To be honest, if one of my family members were attractive enough (alas, none of them are), I'd do it. (They'd have to be unreasonably sexy though. I'm talking top-five celebrity spousal-consent adultery list. Edit: this is an exaggeration, but this might be the only circumstance since it's ingrained in my head that incest is wrong even though objectively I know I should be indifferent towards it.)

Ghias
05-22-2011, 20:10
I thought everyone was aware that the resulting retards are bad and you should try to avoid this therefore

Tenebrion
05-22-2011, 20:11
I thought everyone was aware that the resulting retards are bad and you should try to avoid this therefore

If that were the case, then religion would cease to exist.

Tamural
05-22-2011, 20:12

Not talking about procreation.

Edit:
If that were the case, then religion would cease to exist.
Hah!

Ghias
05-22-2011, 20:21
Not talking about procreation.

Edit:
Hah!

i thought incest refered to sexual intercourse between close relatives, meaning if its incest you're risking procreation

Tamural
05-22-2011, 20:47
i thought incest refered to sexual intercourse between close relatives, meaning if its incest you're risking procreation

People can have sex pretty much without that risk now adays. Contraceptives makes it almost impossible to get pregnant if done right (which... isn't that hard.)

I guess what I'm trying to get at here is: If the goal is pleasure rather than procreation, what do you think? So take procreation out of the equation, as it's negligible.

nate4449
05-22-2011, 21:18
...the same way people are raised to believe homosexuality is unethical and disgusting when there's no legitimate reason why it is. I mean, it's just sex between two consenting adults.

This.

I have always thought that in the within the next few generations, homosexuals will become totally accepted and integrated into society, and incestual relationships will become the target of the next big progressive push.

That, or beastiality. You never can tell with these things.

nate4449
05-22-2011, 21:20

Abortions are hard. Also, let's not ignore the fact that it would likely take multiple incest-generations for truly fucked up offspring to occur.

Ausei
05-22-2011, 21:32
Abortions are hard. Also, let's not ignore the fact that it would likely take multiple incest-generations for truly fucked up offspring to occur.

yeah because morals are never passed down to offspring right?

Cailian
05-22-2011, 21:47
There must be limits to what you can fuck or you will lose all sense of measurement of the opposing sex, which is bad for your reputation :p

Nightblighter
05-22-2011, 22:30
There must be limits to what you can fuck

There are really no limits to what I can fuck.

The Cougar
05-22-2011, 22:37
I think there lies an underlying issue of incest not being between consenting adults, but of adults brainwashing children into thinking they're the hottest thing ever so that they can bang them when they're old enough. Then again pushing various kinds of dogma onto children for personal gain is perfectly legal so I dunno.

Tenebrion
05-22-2011, 22:37
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the word "Wincest" yet.

The Cougar
05-22-2011, 22:53
Tenebrion, are you by any chance high this evening?

Tamural
05-22-2011, 23:02
Tenebrion, are you by any chance high this evening?

He's high every evening.

High on life.

Apex Vertigo
05-23-2011, 00:19
Aside from the birth defects, the natural distaste for it and the social stigma you recieve from doing it, I can't think of any reason why it is morally "wrong". But there's no way in hell I'd do it, plenty of girls out there, don't need to hit that bee hive.

MattMystrieo
05-23-2011, 00:56
I didn't approve.

Then I read about Bandara's new movie.

Now I do.

That was the point right? In an artsy way?

Ragnarok Delrhe
05-23-2011, 01:03

unethical? having sex has an ethic code?

I guess what I'm trying to get at here is: If the goal is pleasure rather than procreation, what do you think? So take procreation out of the equation, as it's negligible. I thought it was only a risk if you were doing it with your sister.

Dankdafied
05-23-2011, 01:11
I didn't approve.

Then I read about Bandara's new movie.

Now I do.

That was the point right? In an artsy way?

I hope the question was inspired by Game of Thrones and not that movie.

Incest with immediate family is not ok.

Incest with cousins or further, still not ok but at least a million times more acceptable than immediate family.

Irenor
05-23-2011, 01:13

Incest with cousins or further, still not ok but at least a million times more acceptable than immediate family.

I think the question OP is asking is "Why is it not ok?"

Ragnarok Delrhe
05-23-2011, 01:16

if it's not immediate family it is ok.

Styrr Chipatama
05-23-2011, 01:29
That, or beastiality. You never can tell with these things.

I can't wait to be alowed to have sex with my hamster.

PirateGlen
05-23-2011, 01:29
According to anthropologists, some societies approve incestuous practices as a feature of rites of initiation. One example is the Etoro of New Guinea, where young males fellate older males (often relatives) in the belief that ingesting the latter’s semen is necessary for maturation.

Tamural
05-23-2011, 01:45
According to anthropologists, some societies approve incestuous practices as a feature of rites of initiation. One example is the Etoro of New Guinea, where young males fellate older males (often relatives) in the belief that ingesting the latter’s semen is necessary for maturation.

I read about that last year for a research project--it was... odd to say the least.

This is why you shouldn't base your livelyhood off of pigs and sweet potatoes alone. New Guinea's a fucked up place.

It was inspired by neither. I'm just wondering what you all think about it.

Why do you think it's not okay?

MattMystrieo

Nope! Necrophilia+Incest= Fun Times!!!

What I learned from Game of Thrones is, according to prostitutes midgets are surprisingly good in bed. :ninja:

Larocco
To be honest, if one of my family members were attractive enough (alas, none of them are), I'd do it. (They'd have to be unreasonably sexy though. I'm talking top-five celebrity spousal-consent adultery list. Edit: this is an exaggeration, but this might be the only circumstance since it's ingrained in my head that incest is wrong even though objectively I know I should be indifferent towards it.)

could just get a professional and not feel guilty after those 5minutes. (oh the 5 minute joke, how innovative)

Orolt Lifebring
05-23-2011, 01:51

Socially conditionated, much?

Yeah, I used to think that. Then I thought about it for a little and couldn't come up with a reason why it was unethical or disgusting (I am open to reasons if you have them), only that I was raised to think it. Kind of the same way people are raised to believe homosexuality is unethical and disgusting when there's no legitimate reason why it is. I mean, it's just sex between two consenting adults. Now I'm just indifferent towards it.

Agree on the first part, and here on the interwebs where noone knows me and all that, the only reason i don't consider trying anything with my sister is that it wouldn't compensate all the hassle trying to convince and explain to people why it's not wrong. (Convincing her that it is not wrong wouldn't be very hard). It's not that she's specially hot, but she's pretty much the most psychologically attractive girl i know.

Inb4 "sex and psychological attractiveness have nothing to do" people appear and i have to tell them that in short it doesn't but sex is always better if there's more to it.

That's exactly the same as catholics arguing "there's more risk of AIDS transmittance through homosexual sex". Exactly the same in all senses.

Would be better if i didn't have to explain, but i believe i do or you won't understand it.

- There's ways to avoid it, they're not infallible but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be considered.
- It is not like 100% of incestuous children have genetic problems, it is at the very most 50% more dangerous than non-incestuous children, assuming both parents have a "bad" chromosome out of each pair.
- Talking about incest isn't only talking about incestuous sex, it's not about "goddamn my sister's so hot and she's so close, let's just have sex so we don't have to look for others". Same as it's not about "goddamn this guy's so close let's just have sex so we don't have to look for girls". It's about people not even considering the option of having an interesting relationship with familiars/people of the same sex because of social conditionning, about automatically eliminating an option which maybe would've made you quite happy as a person.

There must be limits to what you can fuck or you will lose all sense of measurement of the opposing sex, which is bad for your reputation :p

Yeah it's bad for your reputation, but the question here is, WHY is it bad for your reputation, why shouldn't we change it so it is not anymore.

There are really no limits to what I can fuck.

This too :P

It's not like it's so socially disaccepted but it kind of is, i find the same issue with monogamy. Why is being monogamic better or "the good thing". It's just a social (or biological, same as heterosexuality is) conditionning, but there's no rational reason why there would be any problem in one person having more than one sexual and sentimental relationship at the same time, or why the others should feel "bad" about it.

Who the fuck cares if he/she loves/fucks other guys/girls, as long as you love/like to fuck with him/her and he loves/likes to fuck with you? Really.

Inb4 people: "You can't love more than one person." Really?? I mean, really?!?! You really have never experienced loving more than 1 person?

Orolt Lifebring
05-23-2011, 01:54
I also have to say that even though as Tamural said, i should be indifferent towards both homosexuality and incest; i really wouldn't do a guy under any circumstances, for the time being; heterosexuality is ingrained into my head.

Non-incest however isn't :P I really wouldn't mind it at all.

Shaehl
05-23-2011, 05:07
The only way incest is doable is when there is no possibility/intention of having children. Of course, for all you hedonists out there, this isn't really a problem. But for someone (me) who considers sex and sexual relationships to be a serious and sacred business, with value and purpose above and beyond a moment's fleeting pleasure, incest is impossible and repugnant.

Ragnarok Delrhe
05-23-2011, 06:06
could just get a professional and not feel guilty after those 5minutes. (oh the 5 minute joke, how innovative)

imagine if that family member was also a professional.

Sqarak
05-23-2011, 10:41
That's exactly the same as catholics arguing "there's more risk of AIDS transmittance through homosexual sex". Exactly the same in all senses.

Sorry but no.

1. This is not something Catholics argue. Most Abrahamic religions are opposed to homosexuality for various reasons, but in essence it boils down to "because we say so"/
2. There's more risk of HIV transmittance through anal sex. This is regardless of whether you are a homosexual or a heterosexual. This is because of the increased risk of rupturing a blood-vessel.
3. Comparing impregnation with a viral infection is just too dumb for words. Male humans have sperm-cells and female humans have egg-cells. If such a couple would have continuous unsafe sex, it is reasonable to expect a pregnancy. Humans do not carry the HIV-virus by definition. If neither of the sexual partners have it, they will not induce AIDS spontaneously.
4. AIDS can't be transmitted, it's HIV that goes places.. There is a difference.

88Chaz88
05-23-2011, 11:05
Sorry but no.

1. This is not something Catholics argue. Most Abrahamic religions are opposed to homosexuality for various reasons, but in essence it boils down to "because we say so"/
2. There's more risk of HIV transmittance through anal sex. This is regardless of whether you are a homosexual or a heterosexual. This is because of the increased risk of rupturing a blood-vessel.
3. Comparing impregnation with a viral infection is just too dumb for words. Male humans have sperm-cells and female humans have egg-cells. If such a couple would have continuous unsafe sex, it is reasonable to expect a pregnancy. Humans do not carry the HIV-virus by definition. If neither of the sexual partners have it, they will not induce AIDS spontaneously.
4. AIDS can't be transmitted, it's HIV that goes places.. There is a difference.

HIV, going places!

Great slogun.

PirateGlen
05-23-2011, 11:20
HIV, going places!

Great slogun.

Be free, in Africa!
-HIV tourism poster

bmfof
05-23-2011, 11:26
OMG, Orolt wants to bang his sis, EEEEW

ApocaRUFF
05-23-2011, 11:30
The reason Incest isn't ok, is that most of the people that a pro-incest are stupid as fuck and annoying as shit. I see some of you in this thread are pro-incest.

Honestly, I don't care either way. You can do whatever the hell you want as long as it doesn't effect me. Or effect others in a bad way.

That is, if you have a thing for kidnapping people and cutting holes in them and fucking those holes, I would prefer it if you killed yourself. But if you want to fuck your sister and she isn't my sister, I don't give a shit.

I think the reason it's something that is shunned by society is that until recently it was quite easy to get pregnant, and since siblings and family members are in a position where they can easily become extremely close to each other emotionally, it would be very possible to fuck very large portions of our species by breeding inbred mentally or physically deficient people.

Tamural
05-23-2011, 12:31
The reason Incest isn't ok, is that most of the people that a pro-incest are stupid as fuck and annoying as shit. I see some of you in this thread are pro-incest.

Oh, I see. It's all so clear now!

pZombie
05-23-2011, 12:43
Naturally close family members don't feel attracted to each other. When you are around someone for years, touching his leg, would be like touching your own leg. No attraction to be found.

Those married know what i am talking about.

Said this, i could care less what people like or dislike. If it makes them happy, and does not interfere with me, then go for it.

Also, reading some articles on dog breeding, inbreeding is actually used there on purpose at times. It depends on the gene pool and what do ya know.

So maybe we should require inbreeding inbreed breeding inbreeders to do a genetic checkup before mating. With today's technology we might be able to genetically check for diseases in the fetus and recommend an abortion.

Also, newer studies on first cousin marriages suggest that the percentage of diseases is not at all higher than in the mongrel population.

For those interested in this subject, you might also be interested in interspecies mating. The humanzee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C6NkRUbI38

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanzee

Ziegler
05-23-2011, 14:50
OMG, Orolt wants to bang his sis, EEEEW

Have you seen his sister? I fucked her...not a bad choice...but Orolt...she really likes your Dad...says his is bigger. *shrugs*

You know what the Redneck dad told his son when he brought home a virgin wife?

Take her back...if she aint good enough for her family, she aint good enough for ours.

As I understand it ...it's not really the first generation of offspring that has the potential for undesirable qualities..it is the 2nd and 3rd generation of inbreeding. And yes, how do you think all of the different breeds of dogs came to be? It wasnt Darwin's Natural Selection, it is a direct result of cross and inbreeding. I remeber an X-Files episode about a inbred family..was really disgusting.

Abaratican
05-23-2011, 14:53
Just look at the British royals. That's all it should take to become opposed to incestuous practices.

how do you think all of the different breeds of dogs came to be? It wasnt Darwin's Natural Selection, it is a direct result of cross and inbreeding.

Do people exist because of monkey incest?

88Chaz88
05-23-2011, 14:59
Just look at the British royals. That's all it should take to become opposed to incestuous practices.

Yeah, they don't exactly live long and Prince William is one ugly fucker...

Edit: I'll expand.

Queen Victoria, died age 81
Edward VII, smoked 20 cigarettes and 1 cigars a day, died age 68
George V, heavy smoker, died age 70
Edward VIII, died age 77
George VI, had lung cancer and heart problems yet still hung in till' the age of 56
Elizabeth II, still going at the age of 85. Her mother died age 101.

Are these really supposed to be arguments against incest?

Ziegler
05-23-2011, 15:03
Do people exist because of monkey incest?

Duh...it was angels fucking chipanzees, gorillas, orangutans....that's how we have the different breeds of humans...*nods all intelligent like*

Weeking
05-23-2011, 15:34
Incest makes the world go round. It's only bad for the women, and only if they had an opportunity to get knocked up by non-relatives that would give her better kids.

Abaratican
05-23-2011, 15:49
Yeah, they don't exactly live long and Prince William is one ugly fucker...

Edit: I'll expand.

Queen Victoria, died age 81
Edward VII, smoked 20 cigarettes and 1 cigars a day, died age 68
George V, heavy smoker, died age 70
Edward VIII, died age 77
George VI, had lung cancer and heart problems yet still hung in till' the age of 56
Elizabeth II, still going at the age of 85. Her mother died age 101.

Are these really supposed to be arguments against incest?

I said to look at them, not measure their lifespans. Has anyone made an argument of incest reducing lifespan?

88Chaz88
05-23-2011, 15:52
I said to look at them, not measure their lifespans. Has anyone made an argument of incest reducing lifespan?

Look at them? They're not exactly bad looking. What is your argument against the royals supposed to be?

Tamural
05-23-2011, 16:35

Well, a big argument against incestuous relationships is that the kids come out all genetically fucked up, but looking at the ages of the past royals, it seems they lived fairly well.

The argument isn't for incestuous procreation, though.

Orolt Lifebring
05-23-2011, 17:15
Sorry but no.

You didn't understand my analogy. What you said is true, but it's not what i was referring to.

On your first point, that's precisely what i was trying to say. If a catholic said "homosexuality is bad because blablabla..." it would be obvious it's just an excuse because he doesn't like it, not the real reason why he doesn't like it. Same goes for people saying "i don't like incest because children can come out bad". It's a nonsense argument, because it can be avoided easily (yes, it's not the same biologically as HIV, but it can be avoided; and there's not that high chance of genetic problems), and especially, because that is not the real reason why they don't like it, they don't like it because it looks disgusting to them due to social conditionning. It's an excuse, an attempt to rationalize an irrational feeling. It's ok that people feel that because they've not thought much about it and etc... it's not like i think they are horrible fascists for that, but i believe it's irrational.

Again, it's obviously not the same biologically, but rationally, it is the same kind of argument, as the chance of having a genetically handicapped child from an incestuous relationship if trying to avoid having children is really low, same as it is for a gay dude to get HIV/AIDS if he takes care.

Jonte912
05-23-2011, 17:27
I wouldnt do it with any of my family, but I really don't care if people have sex with their siblins/parents/childs and there really shouldnt be fucking jail sentence for it

nizzie
05-23-2011, 17:39
I wouldnt do it with any of my family, but I really don't care if people have sex with their siblins/parents/childs and there really shouldnt be fucking jail sentence for it

People are fucking retarded. Just look how many 'accidentally' get pregnant. You think it'd be any different with incest sex?

Tamural
05-23-2011, 17:42
EDIT: Fuck it, I'm tired

Jedicake
05-23-2011, 18:17
Are the people so ugly and/or nerdy that they can't go out of their family tree to find someone to fuck?

Orolt Lifebring
05-23-2011, 18:28
Are the people so ugly and/or nerdy that they can't go out of their family tree to find someone to fuck?

Are the people so ugly and/or nerdy that they can't go out of their own sex to find someone to fuck?

It's not about staying inside because "it's easier", it's the fact that perhaps you understand and like someone in your family more than anyone else.

Emolas
05-23-2011, 18:44
If little Jennie really wants to blow her bro's whistle, then I'd say it's a win win.

Drudley
05-23-2011, 20:58
Hot.