PDA

View Full Version : Yotube

radicalhit
05-14-2011, 15:59
I ask you people. Why the fuck does youtube find it necessary to shitify their website every time I log on. Their interface configuration seems to get shitter and shittier every time they attempt something.

Before we had a nice homepage, could see the most popular videos of their categories and had a recommended videos as a side option, lovely . Now its a pile of steaming shit which only shows what my subscriptions are doing, like I fucking care about this list of useless videos and information.

The relatively simple option to view your account, favorites and other shit have been replaced by a clunky 'in your face' bar which gives you the option to see your account and playlists and thats really it. The favourite shortcut button is gone. who fucking thought this would make things easier ?

And my god they've seriously fucked up the playlist button over the years. it's now a big clunky bar at the bottom of the page. Half the time you can barely tell its on autoplay, which it always bloody is causing a nice video to instantly switch to some other god aweful video.

Just finished a video ? 'hey i quite like that song, lets see what it's name wa- ffffuuuuuuuu!!111'. The title of the video after its finished is always hidden behind a speech box saying 'subscribe!' so you'll have to reload the page to find out what the title was originally saying. Honestly the youtube people are a pile of utter pillocks.

Everything within an arm's length finds itself flung out of the window when I visit youtube now. Is there anyway I can change this shit configuration ?

Edit: brilliant title is misspelled. Fuuu-

Grisu
05-14-2011, 16:30
lol i know exactly what you mean about the favorate shortcut. now you have to go through my videos then favs its not that bad but i agree it doesnt make sense.

Wonderboy2402
05-14-2011, 18:23
I hear you brother. :lmao:

zato`1
05-14-2011, 21:29
corporate greed
rupert murdoch
fox news

pick one of the 3 and you'll be right why youtube sucks now

Death's Chill
05-14-2011, 22:43
Corporate greed suggests making the website better, not worse. Or in a sensible universe it would.

bobii
05-14-2011, 22:52
Because youtube devs don't use their own website obviously.

MattMystrieo
05-15-2011, 02:55
I think it's a joke by Google to see how far they can push it before we finally stop using the fucking thing. :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::ban g:

Gloomrender
05-15-2011, 04:08
Corporate greed suggests making the website better, not worse. Or in a sensible universe it would.

Nah. It's profitable to have it be shitty. They make more money from advertising revenue this way by watering it down, and funneling how people can view videos.

natedagreat
05-15-2011, 04:51
What is Yotube? I've never heard of this site...

:ninja:

Shrang
05-15-2011, 04:58
Nah. It's profitable to have it be shitty. They make more money from advertising revenue this way by watering it down, and funneling how people can view videos.

Agreed. Same kind of thing places like facebook have always done. The cheaper/more ad intensive you can get your site without chasing off your users, the more money you make.

iza
05-15-2011, 05:28
I like it.

Rachsucht
05-15-2011, 15:31
corporate greed
rupert murdoch
fox news

pick one of the 3 and you'll be right why youtube sucks now

Nah, I bet it the joos are behind this.

radicalhit
05-15-2011, 18:40
Nah, I bet it the joos are behind this.

Tehy took aaur Monies !!

Makgyver
05-15-2011, 19:00
What I fucking hate is when you are in someones channel and looking at their playlist. The videos are listed like "This is my video about blablabla when bla Session 2 1/8".

All of the fucking videos will be named "This is my video about blablabla when" and it won't highlight the current one

it sucks balls