PDA

View Full Version : New Diablo 3 video

Bissen
05-12-2011, 21:14
Looks like burned poo if you ask me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdJasi2QS80

Jedicake
05-12-2011, 21:37
Sweeeet, can't wait for this, thanks for posting.

Emolas
05-12-2011, 21:51
Blizzard consistently makes good games. This will be no different.

doomahx
05-12-2011, 21:56
Is multiplayer going to be the same PVP wise?

Beradule
05-12-2011, 22:06
Blizzard consistently makes good games. This will be no different.

Maybe in the polish department. That's about it.

The titles are usually of high quality. The gameplay is always trash though. The last thing Blizzard did, which I enjoyed was Warcraft II.

Everything after that has been a disappointment.

Napalm_Enema
05-12-2011, 22:16
Maybe in the polish department. That's about it.

The titles are usually of high quality. The gameplay is always trash though. The last thing Blizzard did, which I enjoyed was Warcraft II.

Everything after that has been a disappointment.

Oh give me a fucking break.

[LoD] EE
05-12-2011, 22:27
Mmmmm Cow pie. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo-mplErY9Y)

That is what I would describe the flavor of D3 after that taste test.

Game looks incredibly boring. Looks like a console gamers orgy of button mashing and mindless AI stomping. I think I went even more flaccid watching the video. I saw absolutely nothing to get excited about.

Bissen
05-12-2011, 22:35
EE;4956748']Mmmmm Cow pie. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo-mplErY9Y)

Game looks incredibly boring. Looks like a console gamers orgy of button mashing and mindless AI stomping. I think I went even more flaccid watching the video. I saw absolutely nothing to get excited about.

My thoughts exactly.

natedagreat
05-12-2011, 22:40

WHAT? ANOTHER THING EE DOESN'T LIKE? Seriously do you like anything?

Diablo 3 will hopefully be good, I reserve the right to change that opinion tho...and blizz does make good games so heres to hoping...

DeadlyHit
05-12-2011, 22:58

Agreed looks no different from any other game.

Falokis
05-12-2011, 23:13
Agreed looks no different from any other game.Minus the graphics, I see nothing different from D2. What exactly is the new and improved part of this sequel besides graphics?

GRCPan
05-12-2011, 23:20
Ill give it a go if it is anything close to the previous installments. Well its blizzard, it will probably be incredible.
On the graphics side though it looks like a ps2 game.

MrBungle
05-12-2011, 23:34

Diablo 3 will hopefully be good, I reserve the right to change that opinion tho...and blizz does make good games so heres to hoping...

He likes to fish.

Also KMFDM.

Irenor
05-12-2011, 23:38
I'm actually very skeptical about Diablo 3 after watching that video. Only 4 classes, guessing they will add 2 in an upcoming Expansion Pack you'll have to pay for at full price. Overall looks quite dull in comparison to D2 too.

For now I'll check out Drakensang Online once it enters Open Beta. Seems interesting enough and it's F2P to top it off so no buying expacs for additional content.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ckn91Nd30Ms
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ckn91Nd30Ms)

Emolas
05-12-2011, 23:46
I'm actually very skeptical about Diablo 3 after watching that video. Only 4 classes, guessing they will add 2 in an upcoming Expansion Pack you'll have to pay for at full price. Overall looks quite dull in comparison to D2 too.

For now I'll check out Drakensang Online once it enters Open Beta. Seems interesting enough and it's F2P to top it off so no buying expacs for additional content.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ckn91Nd30Ms
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ckn91Nd30Ms)

Actually there are five classes. The video was showing follower classes.

nizzie
05-12-2011, 23:51

EE chooses wisely, he's like the exact opposite of Jedicake. Jedicake reminds me of my dog, he eats everything he can, even shit. He has no standards.

OGuz
05-12-2011, 23:53
i hate this kind of games, looks like mario in eye candy (imo)

MrBungle
05-12-2011, 23:58
EE chooses wisely, he's like the exact opposite of Jedicake. Jedicake reminds me of my dog, he eats everything he can, even shit. He has no standards.

Dogs are indeed known to be quite fond of human shit. I know cus I tested it once.

bmfof
05-13-2011, 00:14
That Drakensang h&s is shit, don't get your hopes up.

D3 on the other hand.. I almost feel like all my constant game anticipation (you know.. if you watch out for games, you always wait for something) is going to be satisfied for eternity. Like this is the final game I would want to play before retreating from my constant search for that perfect game. As if I can just abandon all other games and the gaming industry in general, just because now I have it.

griM'
05-13-2011, 00:24
Dogs are indeed known to be quite fond of human shit. I know cus I tested it once.

Probably because your shit is made of cake icing. You fatty.
Jk Ily <3

Weeking
05-13-2011, 00:27
0:38, it's lagging just as bad as D2 so D3 is no improvement. Unplayable unless they fix it.

[LoD] EE
05-13-2011, 00:45
He likes to fish.

Also KMFDM.

I also like Micheal Bolton when he is cross dressing.

Irenor
05-13-2011, 01:13
EE;4956961']I also like Micheal Bolton when he is cross dressing.
+1

For those not getting it: Michael Bolton as Erin Brockovich (http://www.tntmagazine.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.SiteFiles/TNT+TODAY+BLOG.1445/bolton_2D00_erin.jpg)

Napalm_Enema
05-13-2011, 01:20
SHOCKER IT'S GOING TO BE LIKE DIABLO 1 & 2 BUT MORE OF THE SAME AND GREAT ADDITIONS.

If you didn't like the first two, chances are, you're going to hate this one. So pack it in, we all agree the mindless AI is boring etc..

However, there is just something entertaining about playing diablo. I have a wonderful history with it, enjoyed the two previously even though yes, they are exceedingly simple games to play and win.

But for some reason, they are just really fun.

So DULY NOTED all Haters, game sucks, same shit etc.

NOW FUCK OFF.

Warm regards,

Future Diablo 3 player

zato`1
05-13-2011, 02:55
diablo 1 was one of the old classics that you could play as a PK and use the environment to trick and kill other players (portal bombs anyone)

diablo 2 had intense, open field pvp, but pk'ing was all but dead and pvp in general was restricted heavily so more carebears could level up in peace (flagging system... wtf?)

diablo 3 will probably have neither of these features, and will be a carebear fest of mundane AI slaughtering and shiny graphics. i have NO FAITH in this game until i have concrete proof that pvp players are going to be satisfied as well. currently it sounds like the pvp is going to suck ass.

d2 - hardcore mode pk'ing - never have i harvested so many tears or as much rage in one place

nizzie
05-13-2011, 13:11
SHOCKER IT'S GOING TO BE LIKE DIABLO 1 & 2 BUT MORE OF THE SAME AND GREAT ADDITIONS.

If you didn't like the first two, chances are, you're going to hate this one. So pack it in, we all agree the mindless AI is boring etc..

No. It's Blizzard, they are interested in making money first. Chances are, if you didn't like the first two, you'll probably like this one. Not saying that D3 is gonna be a bad game, on the contrary. But I'm not a huge fan of the series. I played lots of hours of D2, solo and with friends. I'm a carebear and I'll probably enjoy D3 despite being watered down.

Also.. don't forget to take your pills Napalm. You're getting upset again. :cool:

Napalm_Enema
05-13-2011, 13:29
diablo 1 was one of the old classics that you could play as a PK and use the environment to trick and kill other players (portal bombs anyone)

diablo 2 had intense, open field pvp, but pk'ing was all but dead and pvp in general was restricted heavily so more carebears could level up in peace (flagging system... wtf?)

diablo 3 will probably have neither of these features, and will be a carebear fest of mundane AI slaughtering and shiny graphics. i have NO FAITH in this game until i have concrete proof that pvp players are going to be satisfied as well. currently it sounds like the pvp is going to suck ass.

d2 - hardcore mode pk'ing - never have i harvested so many tears or as much rage in one place

You actually played D1 and D2 for PKing? How fucking pathetic are you. Dickfaces like you made random MP atrocious.

I'm glad they took it out, Diablo is a HORRIBLE platform for pvp/pk shit. It was never balanced for it, so you could make 'sure shot' killers that would just exist to grief people.

So if you're all broken up and sad that they took the ability to grief people and steal their shit in game with retarded shit like 'portal bombs' etc.. Then great, glad you won't be around or able to ruin the fun of other people.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

For the non- haters - good writeup on the followers shown in this vid - http://pc.ign.com/articles/116/1168092p1.html

MrBungle
05-13-2011, 13:59
herp

zato`1
05-13-2011, 15:46
You actually played D1 and D2 for PKing? How fucking pathetic are you. Dickfaces like you made random MP atrocious.

I'm glad they took it out, Diablo is a HORRIBLE platform for pvp/pk shit. It was never balanced for it, so you could make 'sure shot' killers that would just exist to grief people.

So if you're all broken up and sad that they took the ability to grief people and steal their shit in game with retarded shit like 'portal bombs' etc.. Then great, glad you won't be around or able to ruin the fun of other people.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

For the non- haters - good writeup on the followers shown in this vid - http://pc.ign.com/articles/116/1168092p1.html

these are the words of someone who had all their SOJs stolen by a shrine, or at least got their main pk'ed on hardcore (chances are you were too pussy to play hc though)

either way, thanks for reminding me why i loved pk'ing in diablo. i will continue to reap your tears and giggle derisively at you because you're crying someone isn't playing to your idea of a carebear paradise.

yes, i will be there when you and your wife are staring at your screen that says "You have died. Press ESC to continue."

As you sit there cursing those 'damnable griefer ass hat no-life basement dwelling scrub shitheads' i will be collecting your severed ears off the ground near your body, and when you try to recover your body i will be 2 screens off spamming guided arrow directly over your corpse.

yeah, that was me.

Napalm_Enema
05-13-2011, 15:49
these are the words of someone who had all their SOJs stolen by a shrine, or at least got their main pk'ed on hardcore (chances are you were too pussy to play hc though)

either way, thanks for reminding me why i loved pk'ing in diablo. i will continue to reap your tears and giggle derisively at you because you're crying someone isn't playing to your idea of a carebear paradise.

yes, i will be there when you and your wife are staring at your screen that says "You have died. Press ESC to continue."

As you sit there cursing those 'damnable griefer ass hat no-life basement dwelling scrub shitheads' i will be collecting your severed ears off the ground near your body, and when you try to recover your body i will be 2 screens off spamming guided arrow directly over your corpse.

yeah, that was me.

Nope, I actually avoided douchebags like you quite well, and lost pissant stuff maybe on one occasion. I never took it to the extreme like you apparently did. (playing D2)

So basically, your only issue with D3 is they have removed the ability for you to be a complete fuckass.

Glad you cleared that up, equally glad you can't do that shit in D3. :lmao::lmao:

P.S. I did play, and enjoy HC mode here and there, but didn't play it MP due to people like you... I didn't play HC much because so many times deaths were cheap and unavoidable. (OP Lightning enchanted witchdoctors on NM mode come to mind)

zato`1
05-13-2011, 16:02
Nope, I actually avoided douchebags like you quite well, and lost pissant stuff maybe on one occasion. I never took it to the extreme like you apparently did. (playing D2)

So basically, your only issue with D3 is they have removed the ability for you to be a complete fuckass.

Glad you cleared that up, equally glad you can't do that shit in D3. :lmao::lmao:

well actually they removed it in diablo 2 but i creatively found ways to kill people anyway. in d1 it was straight out murdering other players, in d2 if you flagged hostile 9/10 chance they would leave the game, so you had to get intuitive. some people resorted to hacks that lets them flag outside of town.

before the game became arcade-ified entirely and game progress meant something, murdering was still possible because people did not really want to risk wasting all their time for the chance a single PK *might* take out their group. at some point they added too much shit so that solo players could easily destroy a group if they were given the preemptive attack, which was always the case if a PK flagged. this led to the trend of everyone leaving as soon as PK's joined.

for a time though they had balance achieved very well and it was a great time for both PK'ers and non-pk'ers. we brought pvp to where there was no pvp, and a lot of fun was had on both ends. in the early days due to the weak nature of PC's, groups of players naturally held the advantage and this created an environment where hostile players had to play smarter and pick off the herd, or risk being killed themselves. it wasnt until basically sorcs were given the ability to one-hit anyone at least once per death (runewords, charms, etc) that the trend of quitting as soon as PK's joined started.

i hope that they can achieve that type of gameplay again. if the game is straight out PVE with just dueling a lot of people will be disappointed with it.

frankly i dont mind the flagging system as otherwise is just completely unfair. i hope they dont go fucking nuts with stat/skill bonuses again, so that players cant get so absurdly strong that it becomes faster to just quit the game.

it is my firm belief that even carebears would stick around if they thought they had a chance, because that was my experience pre-LOD. after the ability to fucking vaporize anyone was added, pvp became very stale and was really about engine exploits and that was about it. if you didnt cheat towards the end you were at a disadvantage. real shame, that was.

Napalm_Enema
05-13-2011, 16:08
I do remember once some loser tried to join and PK me in D1, when he ran to the repair hut on the right I figured out I could trap him in town by simply standing on the bridge, then moving to the south one and blocking him there as well.

I had him raging for about 30 minutes then he ALt+F4'd

Twas glorious, hilarious, and everything in between.