PDA

View Full Version : Politics: Obama releases birth certificate

Endom
04-27-2011, 18:54
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13212230

On Wednesday, Mr Obama described the unprecedented move as an effort to rid the US political debate of a distraction, saying he had watched, puzzled and bemused, as the birther conspiracy had built and developed over the past years.

He described the matter as a "sideshow" and its proponents as "carnival barkers".

"We do not have time for this kind of silliness," Mr Obama said. "We've got better stuff to do. I have better stuff to do. We've got big problems to solve, and I'm confident we can solve them, but we're going to have to focus on them - not on this."

Jedicake
04-27-2011, 18:59
Birthers next step is to challenge whether Hawaii is actually part of the US.

Tenebrion
04-27-2011, 19:05
Actually, I'd hope that the birthers' next step would be off of a cliff.

Napalm_Enema
04-27-2011, 19:06
Is it just me or did they just release images of the 'live birth' forms we've already seen?

Reckin Crew
04-27-2011, 19:11
yep, still no original birth certificate released. You can get a live birth one made up in a day.

MichaelNyman
04-27-2011, 19:12
Birthers are a fucking retarded movement.

Just like the namecalling Obama a Marxist movement.

Or the Nazi one.

Or the Muslim one.

The teaparty and Palinites are in serious disrepair. Its sad to see probably 30% of the American people so blind and ignorant, kept in line by the media and circus games as well as debates on minor actual "political issues".

Scrap 30%.

Probably 90%.

Cailian
04-27-2011, 19:15
Wait, Birthers? They dont believe Obama was actually born?

.. So what? He got created in a test tube or something?

Baralis
04-27-2011, 19:18

This could explain a lot...

Napalm_Enema
04-27-2011, 19:21

Or the Nazi one.

Or the Muslim one.

The teaparty and Palinites are in serious disrepair. Its sad to see probably 30% of the American people so blind and ignorant, kept in line by the media and circus games as well as debates on minor actual "political issues".

Scrap 30%.

Probably 90%.

The funniest thing to me is you regurgitating media bullshit like a fucking parrot.

Change your screen name to CNNScockrider

Napalm_Enema
04-27-2011, 19:21
Wait, Birthers? They dont believe Obama was actually born?

No they don't believe he was born in the United States. Have you been living under a rock?

Endom
04-27-2011, 19:29
yep, still no original birth certificate released. You can get a live birth one made up in a day.

Representatives from the Annenberg Public Policy Center's Political Fact Check project examined the hard copy of the document and verified that it did in fact bear an official seal, and had been signed by Hawaii state registrar Alvin T Onaka (using a signature stamp). Both the seal and the signature were on the (unscanned) reverse of the document.

also

In June 2008, the Obama campaign - in an attempt to disprove another set of internet rumours that Mr Obama's middle name was Muhammad - made public his birth certificate.

The document - a Certification of Live Birth - indicated that Mr Obama had been born at 7.24pm on 4 August 1961, in Honolulu, Hawaii.

Researchers also dug up birth notices for Mr Obama printed in the Honolulu Advertiser and the Honolulu Star-Bulletin in 1961.

The newspapers received information about births from Hawaii's Department of Health.

But Mr Obama had never released his original "long-form" birth certificate until now.

but I guess that is all forged and they used time machines to go back in time and add his name to the 1961 newspapers...

Abaratican
04-27-2011, 20:10
Only birth certificate I've ever seen without foot prints, just saying. Also my mother was born in Oahu in 1962, a year later. Her certificate is massively different from that, has footprints, and is far far more decorative.

doomahx
04-27-2011, 20:38
Only birth certificate I've ever seen without foot prints, just saying. Also my mother was born in Oahu in 1962, a year later. Her certificate is massively different from that, has footprints, and is far far more decorative.

Had to request my birth certificate a few months ago and there were no footprints on it, will double check again when I get home but I am pretty sure. Not only that, but the one I received from the state is drastically different than the photocopy i have seen of my original. Has all sorts of anti counterfeit patterns on it now, like money.

GFH_Spike
04-27-2011, 21:04
The types who are prone to believing and caring about this sort of controversy won't be deterred by such evidence.

Napalm_Enema
04-27-2011, 21:06
I still don't understand why they say 'released birth certificate' when in fact they are just showcasing what they already have shown?

I couldn't enroll a kid into Kindergarten without an official BIRTH certificate. Not a certificate of live birth.

Dunno, I think he's still the Manchurian candidate in a lot of respects, and the media circus is just a patsy for the machine.

doomahx
04-27-2011, 21:08
Dunno, I think he's still the Manchurian candidate in a lot of respects, and the media circus is just a patsy for the machine.

You're never going to get a president that isn't. Don't hold your breath.

Erratic
04-27-2011, 21:11
People don't think it's real because the pdf is made up of layers.

I'm not expert so I don't know what that means.

Links below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgVIei87oFo&feature=player_embedded

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/barack-obama/birth-obama-certer-movement-098513

Signus
04-27-2011, 21:16

Or the Nazi one.

Or the Muslim one.

Scrap 30%.

Probably 90%.

No more insane or moronic than the crazy people who scraped together all sorts of crazy theories about Bush.

doomahx
04-27-2011, 21:20
No more insane or moronic than the crazy people who scraped together all sorts of crazy theories about Bush.

holy shit, you mean to tell us there are crazy people everywhere? Thanks captain obvious ;p

Napalm_Enema
04-27-2011, 21:30
You're never going to get a president that isn't. Don't hold your breath.

oh I know that, I gave up on the political machine long ago. Also knowing my one good vote will be cancelled out by 16 wellfare mouth breathing handout losers votes, makes me care even less.

Napalm_Enema
04-27-2011, 21:33

Links below:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/barack-obama/birth-obama-certer-movement-098513

I just checked the official web site for Kapiolani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital and according to the information there, the name of the hospital at the time of his birth should have been Kauikeolani Children's Hospital. According to the web site the name didn't change to Kapiolani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital until Kauikeolani Children's Hospital merged with Kapi‘olani Maternity Home in 1978. So how could his official long form birth certificate that was generated in 1961 have the name of the hospital that wasn't created until 1978?
:ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno:

MORE :ohno: :ohno:

I noticed the possible "layers" in this document almost immediately. When I had the .pdf file of the BC open in my browser then used Command + Tab (on an Apple computer), to switch to another app, I noticed that the majority of the text disappeared. I recreated the effect numerous times. As others have suggested, when you open the BC in Acrobat (full version) and strip out the "Metadata" and "Deleted or cropped content" this SAME EXACT TEXT disappears leaving only a few bits of type, date stamps and all or part of three signatures: his mother, the attendant and the local registrar. Also, some of the digits used in the Aug. 8, 1961 date stamp disappear. The full background and the April 25, 2011 stamp remain. I am making no "birther" claims, but CLEARLY this document has been altered. If it had been photographed or scanned, the pixels containing all the information (the document background, the type, the signatures, date stamps and the check marks) would be part of ONE pixelated image. As someone who uses Photoshop/Adobe Creative Suite daily, it is my belief that had the BC been scanned or photographed, the layering would not happen. Again, I am making NO "birther" claims or conclusions. But I believe this document has been altered.

GAME SET MATCH!!

As per USC 48 Ch 3, S. 3 HAWAII (Hawaii Admission Act), Hawaii's statehood was not ratified and complete until September 18, 1961. Obama was born August 4, 1961. He is not a natural born US citizen

:ohno: some more!!

AND FINALLY THE REAL TRUTH ABOUT OBAMA -

The two poor actors Obama and Trump get the booby prize. What a staged event..!!! Given enough time, Obama and the stooges behind him will falsify all of his sealed records. This liar is not above forgery? Come on! Who in their right mind spends about 2 MILLION DOLLARS to stop all lawsuits from being heard demanding that his records be unsealed??? As if the Public don't have a right to know??? You will find that if his records are revealed, he was born in Kenya, he went to Pakistan with a male lover, perhaps his transgender wife, his daughters are adopted, had poor grades, was bribed into Columbia and Harvard and if it be known that he is a homosexual, the Muslims will behead him.....Laugh out loud. What will this crude generation think of next to support this dishonest man so that he can run again to destroy us further? Forgery, "Is this what our colleges and universities are producing?" Shame on them for taking your hard earned money to produce liars, frauds, forgerers, American haters, destroyers, racsists against white people,etc. Spare us Act 2.

StainlessSteelRat
04-27-2011, 21:36

Links below:

From the comments on the smokinggun:

I just checked the official web site for Kapiolani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital and according to the information there, the name of the hospital at the time of his birth should have been Kauikeolani Children's Hospital. According to the web site the name didn't change to Kapiolani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital until Kauikeolani Children's Hospital merged with Kapi‘olani Maternity Home in 1978. So how could his official long form birth certificate that was generated in 1961 have the name of the hospital that wasn't created until 1978?

Ruh roh!

http://www.kapiolani.org/women-and-children/about-us/default.aspx

If nothing else, Obama has provided lots of entertainment; even more than Bush.

EDIT - damn, beat me to it. /shakes fist

StainlessSteelRat
04-27-2011, 21:39
Had to request my birth certificate a few months ago and there were no footprints on it, will double check again when I get home but I am pretty sure. Not only that, but the one I received from the state is drastically different than the photocopy i have seen of my original. Has all sorts of anti counterfeit patterns on it now, like money.

Each state is different and has their own rules & regs regarding birth certificates.

Abaratican
04-27-2011, 21:41
If the PDF has layers it's straight up fake unless there's some really amazing scanner I don't know about that does OCR and spits out the same pdf in the same font and everything.

EDIT: and it appears they do have OCR, support... nvm

However, I wonder about this hospital thing, http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=4021592

doomahx
04-27-2011, 21:45
Each state is different and has their own rules & regs regarding birth certificates.

Oh i know, i was responding to this part of his post, "Only birth certificate I've ever seen without foot prints, just saying." , when I brought up mine not having footprints.

StainlessSteelRat
04-27-2011, 21:50
If the PDF has layers it's straight up fake unless there's some really amazing scanner I don't know about that does OCR and spits out the same pdf in the same font and everything.

EDIT: and it appears they do have OCR, support... nvm

In English please.......

Abaratican
04-27-2011, 21:55
In English please.......

I'm not google, and I don't dumb down my speech for people without even the most basic technical knowledge. If you don't understand the concept of layers, or the concept of OCR (or lack the ability to google and determine that the first result says that it means "optical character recognition") then that's your own barrier to surpass.

Anyway, I'm not seeing anything wrong with this certificate of life birth they revealed, actually. Still nothing like my mother's actual original birth certificate, but w/e.

Elagost
04-27-2011, 21:57
What does is matter who the President is? Obama is just a pawn of Wall Street anyway.

StainlessSteelRat
04-27-2011, 22:00
I'm not google, and I don't dumb down my speech for people without even the most basic technical knowledge. If you don't understand the concept of layers, or the concept of OCR (or lack the ability to google and determine that the first result says that it means "optical character recognition") then that's your own barrier to surpass.

Fuck you, Technosnob!

NB: OCR is not 'basic technical knowledge' btw. Neither is layers for that matter.

Also, none of that actually explains how OCR would scan a PDF and create a new one w/ layers. In other words, even if we assume everyone knows what OCR and layers are, your explanation doesn't actually explain how OCR goes about creating the layered pdf. Is it because the source doc is layered? Or is it because the scanner actually runs multiple scans in order to create a more exact copy which then contains layers?

If you want to present yourself as having some knowledge in a specific area which is not 'common', learn to express yourself to an audience that does not have the same knowledge. You can't assume a reader will fill in the blanks for you. That's how you end up being misunderstood and misquoted.

And really, google? You are making a point. Make the point. Don't say you have a point but can't be bothered to express it clearly.....

Abaratican
04-27-2011, 22:52
It optically recognizes text in the scanned image and replaces it with actual text in a layer, simple. The debate was about how layers got into what is typically a flat scanned document image, this explains it.

tehWise
04-27-2011, 22:55
What a fucking idiot. Best move would have been to ignore them, they were doing just fine looking like imbeciles and dragging plenty of people with them.

paxprobellum
04-27-2011, 23:47
The hospital name theory is bunk. Check out real birth certificates from 1 day later here:

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=105347

The funkyness of the scanned document is because some Whitehouse IT guy thought it would be sweet to fix it up. It should be a negative, like the ones shown above. Also he didn't flatten the image. Quite frankly, they shouldn't have used OCR at all -- just an image scan is what people want.

In the end - whatever. He's been president for 3 years already.

PirateGlen
04-28-2011, 00:07
Hawaii became a state in 1959. :confused:

EzooL
04-28-2011, 01:10
So like he said, more important stuff to worry about.

paxprobellum
04-28-2011, 16:40
Hawaii became a state in 1959. :confused:

You are still eligible if you're born in a US territory, which Hawaii was one since 1900.

Cailian
04-28-2011, 16:43
No they don't believe he was born in the United States. Have you been living under a rock?

No I've been living in Europe, you know, where people dont give a shit about the USA.

StainlessSteelRat
04-28-2011, 16:47
So like he said, more important stuff to worry about.

Too true. And what did he actually do?

Trip to Chicago for an Oprah show followed by 3 fundraisers in NYC.

So many important things, so little time........... Never thought anyone would make Carter look good. ;)

Weeking
04-28-2011, 18:25
Doesn't matter that he released it until it is verified against the government's copy. And even that would be unreliable since he is the president and probably could have made a forgery and had it planted there. That's why it was crucial to have the government copy released before he got sworn in. If the government doesn't have a copy, your country sucks ass at bureaucracy.

doomahx
04-28-2011, 18:49
There are people out there that have made it their mission to discredit him at every chance possible(much like there were people who did the same with bush and every other president) no matter what evidence he provides, he could present a fucking reel to reel of his birth and you will still have people that are unable to accept it.

In the case of Donald Trump, if he were to admit he was wrong his lead in the polls would fucking tank, for that reason alone you will never see him let up on this.. even if he is personally satisfied with the evidence. You have to remember something with trump, he is a marketing wizard which means his goal in life is to package bullshit and sell it to you as gold.

Forker
04-28-2011, 23:19
lol it blows my mind that americans legitimize discriminating against those not born in the country. Presidency should go to the best man, regardless of where he was born.

paxprobellum
04-28-2011, 23:28
lol it blows my mind that americans legitimize discriminating against those not born in the country. Presidency should go to the best man, regardless of where he was born.

And if the people vote for a hamster, put him in office too?

Unfortunately, some restrictions have to exist to protect Americans from ... uhhhmuricans!

Forker
04-28-2011, 23:34
And if the people vote for a hamster, put him in office too?

Unfortunately, some restrictions have to exist to protect Americans from ... uhhhmuricans!

Yes that is exactly what i meant. empty beer bottles should be eligible for president :rolleyes: Your e-personality needs work.

Makestro
04-28-2011, 23:47
makes me laugh people still go on about this. it doesn't matter at this point even if he wasn't born here he's had more than enough time to make sure he's got enough proof for it to take more than 8 years to get the "truth". Personally, I don't care, politics are broken as is and it's not like this is solving that issue.

Baralis
04-28-2011, 23:49

It is a matter of protection. It would be to easy for a foreign government to install an agent as a presidential candidate if not. Foreign governments can obviously fabricate credentials for their native country far easier then it would be to make a comprehensive paper trail in the US.

Gloomrender
04-29-2011, 03:55
Politics so sad these days.

PirateGlen
04-29-2011, 04:03
You are still eligible if you're born in a US territory, which Hawaii was one since 1900.

This is irrelevant. I said that based on the claim that it became a state AFTER Obama was born. It was just more easily dispelled birther bullshit.