PDA

View Full Version : Play Darkfall join an elite crowd!

GreatnessVomNC
04-24-2011, 00:35
Don't be like these troll that CRY all dam day and say Darkfall fails or is dead!

I am now in my 7th month and I can gladly say that Darkfall is THE best online game out.

It don't take as long to skill up as a lot of these people say.

Just answer these 5 questions honestly to find out if you think you would like this game.

1. I would like to play the best online game there is.. True or False.

2. I realize that this is just a game and it has a lot of player vs player action in it and I realize that I will be killed a lot.. True or False.

3. I understand this game does not baby sit and hold my hand. True or False.

4. I understand that players may be ruthless cold blooded killers or just ass holes in general. True or False

5. I realize that in Darkfall there are no laws.. anything goes. True or False

If you answered True to all 5 of these Questions then what are you waiting for?? Get in there and become a legend! (or have the most fun trying!)

IGN: Elda Westworth

Arkh
04-24-2011, 00:37
How many hours do you play per week ?

Melkorus
04-24-2011, 01:05
Add this:

6. I can accept the fact that until I get all the skills in the game like the rest of the players, which will take 12+ months for a normal human being, I will be considered a noob and will not win many, if any, fights. True or False.

B. Greymoor
04-24-2011, 03:03
Add this:

6. I can accept the fact that until I get all the skills in the game like the rest of the players, which will take 12+ months for a normal human being, I will be considered a noob and will not win many, if any, fights. True or False.

lol two months if you play daily, a month in you'll be truely useful for groups, it really doesn't take that long to get a melee school, archery, witches brew and greater magic. (A power gamer would get the above within 2 weeks)

tk123
04-24-2011, 03:19
elda i fought you in game and hit you as hard as you hit me, and you were wearing a full set of shiny stuff. I am only a 2 week old noob so i highly doubt your char is grinded at all. yet you comment that the grind isnt that bad :confused:

Machinistlol
04-24-2011, 03:29
Add this:

emo

Irenor
04-24-2011, 03:33
Don't be like these troll that CRY all dam day and say Darkfall fails or is dead!

I am now in my 7th month and I can gladly say that Darkfall is THE best online game out.

2 Important quotes:
-Robert M.Pirsig: "When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called a Religion."

-Tim Minchin:"Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved."

'Nough said.

Med System
04-24-2011, 03:38
OP is about right.

And to the nay sayers, making a viable character is sooooo easy now.

Kaiuyca
04-24-2011, 09:42
Oh yes, the game is great. The concepts are awesome, the pvp is intense, and the freedom it offers is amazing.

However, the company is quite disappointing :/

tk123
04-24-2011, 09:54
truth

fixed

tk123
04-24-2011, 09:55
the freedom it offers is amazing.

not for long, "prestige classes" inc, brace for freedom to be stripped away

Kaiuyca
04-24-2011, 10:32
not for long, "prestige classes" inc, brace for freedom to be stripped away

Freedom as in you are in control of your own destiny, not limited by the game. I'm not talking about arbitrary things like what spells you can use.

You can conquer Agon if you had the ability and will. You can significantly change the experience of other players for better or worse (eg. NEW and GPS). You can grief entire clans out of the game if you chose to do so. The population rises when there are constant wars between players, and stagnates during long political stalemates.

In effect, a player has control of not only their own but the fate of the game too. That's what i mean by freedom.

Arkh
04-24-2011, 11:23
lol two months if you play daily, a month in you'll be truely useful for groups, it really doesn't take that long to get a melee school, archery, witches brew and greater magic. (A power gamer would get the above within 2 weeks)

2 weeks. Of power gaming. To be remotely usefull in a group.
Read what the fuck you write and think about how totally crazy it is.

A good part of the PvP crowd was playing PvP games during their school days on Ultima Online. It was 15 years ago and in the meantime those people got some real jobs, some got families so they can't dedicate as much playtime anymore. What they want is some game where you can have fun with friends the second you log in.
And let's just say DFO is not this.

RaptorBlackz
04-24-2011, 11:39
Meh im playing haven and hearth right now which is hardcore to the max join the elite crowd, Ill play darkfall when i feel like it again.

Esudar
04-24-2011, 11:56
Add this:

emokidnoobscrub
l2p

Corp-Por
04-24-2011, 16:29
Oh yes, the game is great. The concepts are awesome, the pvp is intense, and the freedom it offers is amazing.

However, the company is quite disappointing :/

The choice making in AV's managment really does leave a lot to be desired. Why they went with trying to make the big improvment all in one go with expansion over little and often the past two years we'll never know. Being in Greece and being at the mecry of that countries work ethic is another issue on top of being a small company that can only hire the noobs coders wanting to start at the bottom of the ladder and get experience. LIke last year we won't see this latest expansion until after the summer when they've had their hoildays rather than waving them in order to make AV th company a success getting DF where it needs to be then have hoildays. Having hoilidays now shows they think the've got DF out the woods, their work ethic just sux for a new company.

Banka plixz
04-24-2011, 19:32

No, only 8-9 months before you have a char who can do pvp on a competitive level.

TAke the good things from MO and replace with the bad things in DF...such as skillcap.