PDA

View Full Version : In reguards to the 4/21 update (City zaps)

Chris Windblade
04-21-2011, 17:20
QFT:(Tasos)
We’re thinking about making towers deadlier in the capital cities. As we’ve explained before, capital cities will become the only starting areas. Our thought is to make capital cities a safe haven for all players, more so than they are now.

let me start of by saying thanks for the much needed update. second by saying man you guys are all over the board arnt ya....

to the meat..
I think the idea of zap towers being more stonger is not going to help your new players one iota.

If you really want to help new players add roaming npc's that can be killable by any one. that would assist a blue aligned player if the event he is with in the area of said npc.
again make them attackable and killable so that a organized force can still have a reasonable chance to still raid capitol cities.I dont want to here the game engine cant handle it. then its your job to make it happen. Zap towers are the easiest thing to exploit and easiest to get around there is and they are to limited to where they are. \
Darkfall has the best AI in terms of npc i have ever seen why not make this shine with npc that help not only other ncps but blue players. their area of coverage can be limited to the radius of the capitol city and maybe in between one newbi starting area and not have as many there.We don't want (SAFE ZONES) But we want a place that new players can get the help they need to move on. It is a fundamental learning curve to get ganked and learning to use terrain for cover and stealth and getting higher ground to kill more skilled players. you cant just pick that up. its something you have to be almost forced to learn. and Right now darkfall does that. If you make it to where its 100% safe its never going to happen.

Players need to still have a chance to want or try to attack capitol cities.
TO tie in another area into this you were Discussing was Player vendors in player cities. YOU have this wrong too. You want to help new players then you need to get the items to them in a simi safe manor. Putting CLAN vendors With banners of the Clan in Capitol cities is one way. And would be very effective of not only giving exposure of a helping clan but one that can corner the market if the clan so chooses to fight over the space of the vendor.

The clan vendor in the capitol cities need a Shard or something to fight over away form capitol cities that allow rights to own this vendor for 1 month so evey month it becomes avail to take. There can be up to two or three vendors per capitol city. and in the clan bank will be the interface for the the vendor to add items rank applies to adding and taking out items. money tended from the vendor 10% goes to the guards in the capitol city to arm them and rest goes to the CLAN VAULT.

There needs to be more reasons to be Blue AND more reasons to visit capitol cities more Reason to help new players more reasons to inter mingle the two players if that makes sense. more then just a chat box with text. WHy not add quests that are meaning full for both new and experienced players to have to work together to make them meet?

Right now its eleet and non eleet and they never meet up they never talk to each other unless its in hateful text in the chat box.

These are just my First thoughts on this and i have to take a step back and thnk some more to get it clearer. Please discuss your ideas and STAY on topic and keep it good chatter please.

nyustul
04-21-2011, 17:46
Since the alignment update captials are literally flooded with people, people visit them all time, making them less safe will reverse that because before nobody would go into them with clans like Agon Allstars ganking under tower range 24/7.

So how bout you leave a these tiny areas in game alone, newbs are actually staying whereas before they wouldnt play the game if you payed them too. Given the choice between having someplace safe to skill up (crafting, gathering, afk skills) and having to be shit on while doing it, a new player will also pick the safest place.

If the elite noob shiteroners had their way the game would have no towers at all and then no new people would join. Why? Because their are many many people and clans that believe PvP is killing newbs 24/7.

KRS Two
04-21-2011, 17:55
Darkfall has the best AI in terms of npc i have ever seen

lol

I thought there AI in terms of player characters was the best I have ever seen.
DF AI = easily bugged terribly coded rarely fixed

The Dragonbane
04-21-2011, 18:35
lol

DF's AI is great for being an MMO, I have never seen any better AI.

Sure, there is AI that >behaves< better in other MMO's, but bear in mind most of those MMO's have locked targeting and not fps-like combat.

Laxe
04-21-2011, 18:47
actually i don't care about racial areas

but if av wants to make them 100% safe then they should remove centre area and place few more side continents

npc citys are way too close to centre and contain too good spawns

Ayn Sheron
04-21-2011, 19:13
actually i don't care about racial areas

but if av wants to make them 100% safe then they should remove centre area and place few more side continents

npc citys are way too close to centre and contain too good spawns

he never said 100% safe for racial area

he said capital cities areas! That's mean the safe area will only at the capital city! capital city will become the only starter town.

Other NPC cities will no longer have a guard towers.

i think it a good idea because the only location where newbies will be safe to start the game. You will also have more place to PvP because the other NPC cities will be open.

Kasmos
04-21-2011, 19:22
I have a few things.

NO SAFE ZONES

NO SAFE HAVENS

Remember, this is Darkfall, capital city towers don't need anymore damage.

Chris Windblade
04-21-2011, 20:07
yep out with guard towers in with npcs. only the capitol city will be considered some what safe .again i still think they should be attackable with a well organized force say 100+ players.

I think they should get rid of all towers IMo the towers were never a good defense against other players Blue red combo or just all reds farming brand new players.

The fact that the newbie dungeon is in safe area that when you kill another player in there you go red before you could even get your corpse kind of weak. but
it does make you think of your actions first before killing in that dungeon.

The same will go for attacking a capitol city that will have not just an influx of new players but vets will want to come here as well do to the clan vendors and well any thing else that AV would be willing to boost the idea of showing up.

You guys need to look at the biger picture its not about adding safe haven its about mergeing vets with newbs and allowing interactions. Giving reason for vets to show up like defending against a organized group and get rewards for it via capitol missions. there can be so many things they can do that takes no effort for them to add to make this work.

Chicobuarque
04-21-2011, 20:15
:)

Chris Windblade
04-21-2011, 20:17
lol

Is it perfect? i never said it was but it is the best in terms of how it works. and i have never seen one game that can compare to it

can you name me one MMO that has better ai in terms of social workings. tactics. npcs helping npcs? on top of that ai that can use sight, smell, and hearing to determine where a player is ?

I can only think of one game and its a tab target game. the only game that comes close is Horizons: Empire of Istaria. this game had the best ai i had ever seen to-date. the mobs would literal trap you. they would cause you to chase them into a trap. they would manipulate you to thinking they were injured and you could take them then they pounced on you. But it still is nothing like darkfall's ai.

Ragnarok Delrhe
04-21-2011, 20:50
lol

the mobs in darkfall are the most intelligent ones I've seen in any mmo. They run away to heal They dodge (not well but if they did too well everyone would be pissed at missing 75% of their shots)