PDA

View Full Version : You want mech! YOU WANT MECH HUH!?

Bissen
03-31-2011, 20:31
You mother fucking got it!!!!1one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udEAEARD-Fo)

New Mech FPS that looks better than a pair o'swollen boobs.

Napalm_Enema
03-31-2011, 20:38

I was literally about to post this:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/03/31/hawken-cockpit-view-gameplay?objectid=103021

You win, but damn this looks AWESOME.:ohno:

nizzie
03-31-2011, 20:40
Looks awesome. Very good news, especially since the new Mechwarrior seems to be MIA.

1:35 sounds great :ohno:

Endom
03-31-2011, 23:06
this looks incredible!

thatguy2
03-31-2011, 23:15
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTKtRkQHzHw&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T-NNnWJgAo&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TZ4mzFXBec&feature=player_embedded

[LoD] EE
03-31-2011, 23:29
I want Mechs but the first video looks rather Arcadish. For an indi game, not bad but Mechs and TDM just dont jive for me. If I am to ever play another Mech game, its going to have to have a wider scope than death match.

Napalm_Enema
04-01-2011, 00:03
EE;4879809']I want Mechs but the first video looks rather Arcadish. For an indi game, not bad but Mechs and TDM just dont jive for me. If I am to ever play another Mech game, its going to have to have a wider scope than death match.

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE, YOU DON'T LIKE SOMETHING?

My world - FUCKING blown.

Wow.

Never saw this coming.

No really, never would have guessed.

nizzie
04-01-2011, 00:47
EE;4879809']I want Mechs but the first video looks rather Arcadish. For an indi game, not bad but Mechs and TDM just dont jive for me. If I am to ever play another Mech game, its going to have to have a wider scope than death match.

According to the website

"We have two unique team game modes, as well as team deathmatch and free-for-all deathmatch."

Unique.. unique? Capture the.... .... data chip. We'll see.

[LoD] EE
04-01-2011, 01:16
According to the website

"We have two unique team game modes, as well as team deathmatch and free-for-all deathmatch."

Unique.. unique? Capture the.... .... data chip. We'll see.

We will have to see what they have to offer, so far, it basically looks like a console game. Hopefully their 'unique team game modes' are not capture the flag and control points.

Something with a world map, countries, states etc and zones etc that can be captured, control resources and multiple factions in a MMO like environment is more what I would like to see. Dont know with the current economy if any studio would be willing to risk it for a game like that. As close as its going to get for me I fear is Planetside Next, which I can deal with.

[LoD] EE
04-01-2011, 01:18
GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE, YOU DON'T LIKE SOMETHING?

My world - FUCKING blown.

Wow.

Never saw this coming.

No really, never would have guessed.

OK man.. Ok.. you can come give me a open mouth hug.. just stop E-Stalking me.

Apex Vertigo
04-01-2011, 03:09
EE;4880004']OK man.. Ok.. you can come give me a open mouth hug.. just stop E-Stalking me.

Just curious, has Napalm stalked you earlier or do you think we are the same person? You'd be surprised how many people make comments about your negativity that you never seem to notice until just now lol.

I like the idea of this game, I liked the feel of it. How ever, I'm pretty covered on FPS, fairly easy to please when it comes to those types of games. I won't get overly excited about a game until they come out with a truly good conquest mmo.

Wonderboy2402
04-01-2011, 03:13
I'm excited, can't wait to see more of the game. Pc.ign.com also has a recent interview where they discuss more of the game, including the inspiration behind it.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/115/1158817p1.html

Practically everything the lead dev discusses I agree with. This game is going to be really awesome for any mech junkies out there. I was surprised when he mention Shadow of the Colossus. This guy is really drawing from alot of different things and mashing it into something epic.

xpiher
04-01-2011, 03:33
I still don't think anything will come as close to mech bad-assery as

Steel Battalion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steel_Battalion)

The controller a lone is something to die for (http://thegamersabstract.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/steel-battalion-controller.jpg)

The mech game in the OP looks great though. I can see myself playing it a lot.

Edit: OMG the 3rd Steel Battalion game is going to use the Kinect!? FUCK YES

[LoD] EE
04-01-2011, 03:44
Just curious, has Napalm stalked you earlier or do you think we are the same person? You'd be surprised how many people make comments about your negativity that you never seem to notice until just now lol.

I like the idea of this game, I liked the feel of it. How ever, I'm pretty covered on FPS, fairly easy to please when it comes to those types of games. I won't get overly excited about a game until they come out with a truly good conquest mmo.

Again, I personally could give a fuck.. I dont know how many time I have to say it. Most games released, just like most movies, most music, is utter garbage. Now, if you like it, more power to you, I dont buy it just to buy it, I am not entertained by the most basic of things. There is a reason why garbage like A-Team, Fast and Bi Curious and Transformers does well, because ADHD Explosions and Toe Thumbs are more important that a good story and good acting. Same goes with most games.

Companies will shovel out garbage and you stupid fucks eat it right off the ground so they continue to shovel out more garbage. The game, for a indi game doesnt look bad but it looks like a fucking console game. It will likely be a generic Mech fps game which will be forgotten shortly after release. I am not going to get all hyped over something that basically looks like its being played from a game pad.

Apex Vertigo
04-01-2011, 03:53
EE;4880210']Again, I personally could give a fuck.. I dont know how many time I have to say it. Most games released, just like most movies, most music, is utter garbage. Now, if you like it, more power to you, I dont buy it just to buy it, I am not entertained by the most basic of things. There is a reason why garbage like A-Team, Fast and Bi Curious and Transformers does well, because ADHD Explosions and Toe Thumbs are more important that a good story and good acting. Same goes with most games.

I'm not disagreeing with you. A lot of good games suffer because they don't gain the market support they deserve now that cookie-cutter garbage has taken over nearly every genre in every type of media because creativity is a statistically undesirable risk.

But that wasn't what I was responding about. You called Napalm a stalker and I was wondering if he specifically had been responding to you or were you confusing him for me since we said relatively similar things in 2 different threads.

[LoD] EE
04-01-2011, 04:53
I'm not disagreeing with you. A lot of good games suffer because they don't gain the market support they deserve now that cookie-cutter garbage has taken over nearly every genre in every type of media because creativity is a statistically undesirable risk.

But that wasn't what I was responding about. You called Napalm a stalker and I was wondering if he specifically had been responding to you or were you confusing him for me since we said relatively similar things in 2 different threads.

I point out the garbage to hopefully make other see the stupidity so that they dont buy crap which will cause them to make more crap.

I figure anyone who replies to me is a possible E-Stalker. Got to stay on guard.

griM'
04-01-2011, 05:06
If it has conquest and customization like this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromehounds

Then it will be the best game ever made. :ohno:

RametepSeb
04-01-2011, 05:07
Fuck yeah!

kil_2k
04-01-2011, 09:17

What's it called? Can't get JewTewb at work :(

Also, nothing is better than bewbz.

katahlyn
04-01-2011, 09:23

That looks cool and all, but where are my fucking laz0rz??? :(

88Chaz88
04-01-2011, 10:07
EE;4879999']We will have to see what they have to offer, so far, it basically looks like a console game. Hopefully their 'unique team game modes' are not capture the flag and control points.

Something with a world map, countries, states etc and zones etc that can be captured, control resources and multiple factions in a MMO like environment is more what I would like to see. Dont know with the current economy if any studio would be willing to risk it for a game like that. As close as its going to get for me I fear is Planetside Next, which I can deal with.

You should've played Chromehounds. Best mech game ever!

Hyphelion
04-01-2011, 12:25
There was a similar trailer of Hawken three weeks ago. The new video looks a bit better but I prefer Mechwarrior and Mech Commander games with the old familiar mech designs. :)

Zokten
04-01-2011, 13:02
EE;4880318']I point out the garbage to hopefully make other see the stupidity so that they dont buy crap which will cause them to make more crap.

I figure anyone who replies to me is a possible E-Stalker. Got to stay on guard.

:bang::bang:

Napalm_Enema
04-01-2011, 13:18
EE;4880210']Again, I personally could give a fuck.. I dont know how many time I have to say it. Most games released, just like most movies, most music, is utter garbage. Now, if you like it, more power to you, I dont buy it just to buy it, I am not entertained by the most basic of things. There is a reason why garbage like A-Team, Fast and Bi Curious and Transformers does well, because ADHD Explosions and Toe Thumbs are more important that a good story and good acting. Same goes with most games.

Companies will shovel out garbage and you stupid fucks eat it right off the ground so they continue to shovel out more garbage. The game, for a indi game doesnt look bad but it looks like a fucking console game. It will likely be a generic Mech fps game which will be forgotten shortly after release. I am not going to get all hyped over something that basically looks like its being played from a game pad.

Hi oh majestic one, allow me to share an insight with you that you obviously are missing.

This is an indie developer, doing an impressive job getting a basic mech game together. While I'm sure they would love nothing more than to make a fully cinematic voice overed open world sandbox galaxy in which you can play as a mech warrior commando raised from birth in a fully custom game JUST FOR YOU and it will be different EACH TIME YOU PLAY IT, down to the random color of your hair and lengths of toes on your character -

THEY ARE A SMALL FUCKING INDIE DEVELOPER THAT IS PUTTING OUT SOMETHING THEY CAN REASONABLY ACCOMPLISH WITH LIMITED FUNDS.

So you support their undertaking, in this little venture, it's a fun Mech based FPS that really has a lot of replay value and support.

<GASP>

The company makes money. :ohno::ohno:

They begin development on the NEXT game which has some more features, maybe a larger map and strategic element. :ohno::ohno:

OMG the game company is getting bigger <and ... wait for it> they have MORE money to make the pie in the fucking sky game that will finally make you happy. Where you have to manually oil your mech or whatever the fuck gets you off when it comes to giant fucking robots.

Not everyone has 400 million dollars to create the 'LOD approved' game that doesn't even fucking exist.

Are there turds out there? Shit yeah, a lot of them.

But fuck man, does every fucking thing have to suck and have no hope? Man your life must be fucking annoying as hell.

Do you ever enjoy a movie?
Do you ever have ...dare I say it... fun? I am sure most mundane activities like going outside or interacting with people is 'played out and overdone' to you.
Does anyone in the real world even like you and your sandy vagina?

[LoD] EE
04-01-2011, 16:43
Hi oh majestic one, allow me to share an insight with you that you obviously are missing.

This is an indie developer, doing an impressive job getting a basic mech game together. While I'm sure they would love nothing more than to make a fully cinematic voice overed open world sandbox galaxy in which you can play as a mech warrior commando raised from birth in a fully custom game JUST FOR YOU and it will be different EACH TIME YOU PLAY IT, down to the random color of your hair and lengths of toes on your character -

THEY ARE A SMALL FUCKING INDIE DEVELOPER THAT IS PUTTING OUT SOMETHING THEY CAN REASONABLY ACCOMPLISH WITH LIMITED FUNDS.

So you support their undertaking, in this little venture, it's a fun Mech based FPS that really has a lot of replay value and support.

<GASP>

The company makes money. :ohno::ohno:

They begin development on the NEXT game which has some more features, maybe a larger map and strategic element. :ohno::ohno:

OMG the game company is getting bigger <and ... wait for it> they have MORE money to make the pie in the fucking sky game that will finally make you happy. Where you have to manually oil your mech or whatever the fuck gets you off when it comes to giant fucking robots.

Not everyone has 400 million dollars to create the 'LOD approved' game that doesn't even fucking exist.

Are there turds out there? Shit yeah, a lot of them.

But fuck man, does every fucking thing have to suck and have no hope? Man your life must be fucking annoying as hell.

Do you ever enjoy a movie?
Do you ever have ...dare I say it... fun? I am sure most mundane activities like going outside or interacting with people is 'played out and overdone' to you.
Does anyone in the real world even like you and your sandy vagina?

Again princess, I have said at least twice that the game looks good for a indie game but it also looks like a console game and I don't do console games. Its great and all that they are putting forth the effort to make the game but it simply isnt a game I plan on playing. From what I have gathered in both videos, it just doesnt have the scope of a game that I would purchase. I am not that guy who buys a new game every week or 2 to only throw the game aside when another new game comes out. I buy a couple games a year tops so if I buy something, I expect some re-playability out of it. I expect more than 4 on 4 TDM with generic features.

This game looks like a 6 on 6 TDM with Generic features. The movement looks like the game is being controlled either from a game pad or perhaps a paraplegic is controlling it with his mouth control for his wheel chair plugged into it. If that gets your panties all wet, then so be it. I am voicing my concerns so that if others feel the same way they are not entrapped by seeing what it is they want to see but being informed of what is really there.

There are companies out there with the funds to put $400 million into a game. There are companies out there that can branch off from the tried, true, safe and boring game manufacturing and try something new. The fact that they dont means they will most likely NOT GET A DIME FROM ME. There are THOUSANDS of cookie cutter games out there for me to play, if I wanted to play them. I am tired of cookie cutter games so I dont get all wet and rush out and buy them only to be disappointed by them. Dragon Age 2 anyone? Duke Nukem will be a flop, except for the 13 year old kids who think Duke is edgy.

Do you enjoy all movies made? Do you enjoy all games made? Does a polished nickel on the ground give you hours of enjoyment? Maybe you need to up your fucking standards a little. Demand more than rehashed, regurgitated crap in movies and games. Maybe then we dont be getting 20-30 sequels and reboots a year in the movies. Oh I forgot, you have to support the movie studios by buying their crap so they will make something original and new.

Krag
04-01-2011, 18:15
Well he has a point, just cuz an indie company puts out a decent game doesn't mean it is worth playing. Hopefully they have some interesting things in it beyond TDM and FFA modes cuz otherwise despite it being really well executed for an indie game, what would it offer compared to FPS games like battlefield 3 or warband besides anime style mech models ?

Napalm_Enema
04-01-2011, 18:22
Well he has a point, just cuz an indie company puts out a decent game doesn't mean it is worth playing. Hopefully they have some interesting things in it beyond TDM and FFA modes cuz otherwise despite it being really well executed for an indie game, what would it offer compared to FPS games like battlefield 3 or warband besides anime style mech models ?

Lets back the bus up a bit shall we? All I saw was a reasonably intriguing in game video that showed a game with some potential.

I didn't say I was going to buy the game for sure, how can I preorder!! as I did a pee pee dance in place because I was gushing out my vagina to have the game now now now!!! :ohno::ohno:

But I DO take issue with LOD pissing all over something from some indie company before it's even remotely finished or has all it's elements talked about or reviewed.

See the difference?

[LoD] EE
04-01-2011, 19:41
Lets back the bus up a bit shall we? All I saw was a reasonably intriguing in game video that showed a game with some potential.

I didn't say I was going to buy the game for sure, how can I preorder!! as I did a pee pee dance in place because I was gushing out my vagina to have the game now now now!!! :ohno::ohno:

But I DO take issue with LOD pissing all over something from some indie company before it's even remotely finished or has all it's elements talked about or reviewed.

See the difference?

I didnt see anything intriguing in the video, I just saw more tired, rehashed, TDM console gaming bullshit. Much like what Randy from American Idol would say, " So yo Dog, I think you are playing it safe but dude you know what I mean, you have to wow the crowd ight and it just didnt do it for me baby. So check this out dog, check this out, it just didnt do it for me and it was kind of boring. "

Why would you release a video of your game unless its near completion?

Seriousbisnis
04-01-2011, 19:48

It's cool to hate popular stuff.

On topic, I couldn't make it 30 seconds through the first video. Looks bad imo.

[LoD] EE
04-01-2011, 20:20
It's cool to hate popular stuff.

On topic, I couldn't make it 30 seconds through the first video. Looks bad imo.

Just because its popular doesnt mean its good.

Do you enjoy Justin Bieber? What about World of Warcraft? Soccer? I could go on and on about popular shit that sucks. Most cases, the popular shit is the stuff that gets rehashed, repackaged, regurgitated, over and over. If you enjoy that, more power to you, if you are the exact person all this garbage is geared towards, the mindless masses who will consume without question.

Seriousbisnis
04-01-2011, 20:32
EE;4881726']Just because its popular doesnt mean its good.

Do you enjoy Justin Bieber? What about World of Warcraft? Soccer? I could go on and on about popular shit that sucks. Most cases, the popular shit is the stuff that gets rehashed, repackaged, regurgitated, over and over. If you enjoy that, more power to you, if you are the exact person all this garbage is geared towards, the mindless masses who will consume without question.

You act as if there's one big group who listen to Justin Bieber, watch Transformers and play World of Warcraft. It's all about target audience. Justin Bieber is popular among young teenage girls, WoW is popular among casual gamers, etc. There isn't one big mass who does all the same popular shit over and over again.

I do not enjoy Justin Bieber or soccer one bit, but to be honest I used to play WoW.

And judging by youtube, it looks like Justin Bieber, like Rebecca Black, is popular for being fucking terrible.

[LoD] EE
04-01-2011, 20:46
You act as if there's one big group who listen to Justin Bieber, watch Transformers and play World of Warcraft. It's all about target audience. Justin Bieber is popular among young teenage girls, WoW is popular among casual gamers, etc. There isn't one big mass who does all the same popular shit over and over again.

I do not enjoy Justin Bieber or soccer one bit, but to be honest I used to play WoW.

And judging by youtube, it looks like Justin Bieber, like Rebecca Black, is popular for being fucking terrible.

And the game which is the basis of this thread also caters to the casual gamer from what I can gather by the two trailers. Same reason I dont get all wet over the next installment of Duty Calls is the same reason why I am not hyped over this game. If I wanted a mech game to play on a console, I would get Steel Battalion and have a large ass joystick (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88M4Z_6h-ak)to suck me into the casual gaming.

Weeking
04-01-2011, 21:28
Is the garage mode done properly or is it dumbed down shit for kids?

(Balance of heat/heat sinks, weight, different kinds of armor, energy and ammo weapons, engine size, cost. Or is it dumbed down and it's all a matter of unlocking bigger and better parts and adding them to win?)

I'm guessing it's at least 90% likely the latter since it's for console and made by fucking SEGA.

[LoD] EE
04-01-2011, 22:43
Is the garage mode done properly or is it dumbed down shit for kids?

(Balance of heat/heat sinks, weight, different kinds of armor, energy and ammo weapons, engine size, cost. Or is it dumbed down and it's all a matter of unlocking bigger and better parts and adding them to win?)

I'm guessing it's at least 90% likely the latter since it's for console and made by fucking SEGA.

I would gather there is limited to no real customizing in the game. It will be XP, levels, achievements, unlocks, perks and rather generic everything else. I would not be surprised to see small enclosed city maps ( like in the video ), auto aim assist and everything else you can think of that a anime genre based mech game requires to be mediocre.

Milo Hobgoblin
04-02-2011, 02:37

HOLY FUCKING CRAP!

That one video made up for all the stupid bullshit I had to endure on the internet today. Thanks for posting it.. looks fucking epic. I love mech games andMech 5 looks dead in the water!

dayum.. coming out in May?

Battle Smurf
04-02-2011, 12:27
Looks like a great fps game. Unfortunately I have to much of or are am lacking something to be entertained by a death match game with no consequences and no character building for more then about an hour.

If that game was an mmorpg and you could loot shit off other mechs you killed I would be all over it.

Rummak
04-02-2011, 17:22
Looks like some arena stuff... not like mechwarrior. Though didn't read to see if it's supposed to.

Zezune
04-02-2011, 18:33

Darkfall with guns, wheres the problem?

Floyd
04-03-2011, 00:04
Why are they so tiny? Looks right now it is just point and shoot like all the other games except you can fly for a little bit.

Like one of the comments on the video mentioned, it doesn't look like you can destroy the environment. Whats the point of being in a machine with guns and missiles if you can't blow shit up?

88Chaz88
04-04-2011, 10:08
EE;4881213']I have said at least twice that the game looks good for a indie game but it also looks like a console game and I don't do console games.

Shame, considering the best mech game was an xbox exclusive.

bobii
04-04-2011, 11:16
herpa derp

another crappy game because its made for consoles

88Chaz88
04-04-2011, 11:21
herpa derp

another crappy game because its made for consoles

You really are clueless aren't you.

Valroth
04-04-2011, 11:25
Looks alright but its the same basic FPS mechanics we've all played to death before. Nice graphics and cool mech stuff is great, but a game needs to have more substance to really have lasting appeal.