PDA

View Full Version : Support banning with no investigation

screw loose
03-15-2011, 18:05
Surprise surprise, support is at it again!

I'm hearing reports that a legit player created a trial account to go harvest with and mess with some goblins. That account got banned a couple hours later for RMT (Real money transfer). Then the players main account got banned and the reason was ToS.

Does support just go around banning trial accounts assuming they are gold sellers? Do they do any investigation at all?

I have heard countless stories (http://img808.imageshack.us/i/ban2od.jpg/) of people who have not broken the rules getting banned.

I even went through it myself, I was banned with no reason given. A couple days later the support said 'try logging in, it doesn't show you as being banned'. (http://img853.imageshack.us/i/banrx.jpg/) I tried and it worked, no explanation was ever given.

I think that the support department is a separate entity from their dev team and I think that their dev team needs to really investigate what is going on.

TooTight
03-15-2011, 18:06
no englai

paxprobellum
03-15-2011, 18:07
So your friend the Legit Trial Account didn't start one to buy gold with? Do you have proof? Maybe they do ... ?

The world may never know

Silent Takedown
03-15-2011, 18:10
hahaaha banned for buying gold ME TWO!

screw loose
03-15-2011, 18:11
So your friend the Legit Trial Account didn't start one to buy gold with? Do you have proof? Maybe they do ... ?

The world may never know

There is no doubt in my mind that from the numerous stories I have heard that some people could be lying and were banned for a good reason.

What I do know is that I and 2 of my clanmates got banned and they later got reversed. There was also stories of the same thing happening to others (mining a bunch, getting perma banned and it getting reversed a couple days later). This tells me that their support is not investigating until after a ban is issued.

In this exact case, sure it is possible he was buying gold or something. But the guy has no reason to lie to me :S

TooTight
03-15-2011, 18:11
typically these scenarios are your legit friend is not telling you the truth. I dunno how many times I've seen people banned and vent is like 'wahhhh blah blah got banned and he has no idea why' but then you PM the guys on the forums and they're like 'yea i was using the chaos chest dinger'

TIA get hit with the banhammer?

/thread

bobii
03-15-2011, 18:13
and when you report lagswitchers/exploiters several times, nothing happens.

Bear68
03-15-2011, 18:14
Fucking cheaters

screw loose
03-15-2011, 18:15
typically these scenarios are your legit friend is not telling you the truth. I dunno how many times I've seen people banned and vent is like 'wahhhh blah blah got banned and he has no idea why' but then you PM the guys on the forums and they're like 'yea i was using the chaos chest dinger'

TIA get hit with the banhammer?

/thread

As I stated before, this is always a possibility. And from TIA only 1 guy got banned and he is not a big name or anything.

It is 100% true that their support has banned people and then reversed it with investigation. I can show you all of the screenshots from my experience to vouche for this.

It is sad that when I post something like this everyone just flames etc when we need to stick together on situations like this. We cannot let the support go around banning people without investigation for it to be later reversed. It has a negative impact on new players coming to the game as well as vets (I personally will never pay for more than a 1 months sub anymore).

Chavoyl
03-15-2011, 18:16
/thread

I mean, that pretty much says it all.