PDA

View Full Version : The UK 2011 Census

88Chaz88
03-09-2011, 12:41
Has just come through my door! It's an infringement of my rights dammit! It's not like it occurs every 10 years and gives the government an idea of what services they need to put money in to and how much...

I bet it's Obama's fault.

So tell me, what should I put in the religion field?

Irenor
03-09-2011, 13:25
Cthulhu

Sacred Blood
03-09-2011, 13:46
supreme cult of the AIDS launcher

Abaratican
03-09-2011, 14:23
anorexic impotence

Rachsucht
03-09-2011, 15:11
Has just come through my door! It's an infringement of my rights dammit! It's not like it occurs every 10 years and gives the government an idea of what services they need to put money in to and how much...

UK...rights....:lmao:

Why don't they just analyze the CCTV footage?

88Chaz88
03-09-2011, 15:14
UK...rights....:lmao:

Why don't they just analyze the CCTV footage?

Because they'd have to pay someone to do that and my taxes would increase for it.

Esudar
03-09-2011, 15:16
census is awesome

statistics turn me on

Rachsucht
03-09-2011, 15:18
Because they'd have to pay someone to do that and my taxes would increase for it.

Good point.

Suncross
03-09-2011, 15:47
Draw a penis in all fields.

88Chaz88
03-09-2011, 15:49
Draw a penis in all fields.

I'm interested to see if I could actually get away with that.

Suncross
03-09-2011, 15:52

Go ahead and do it, and if they question you, you'll just have to do it again. I doubt etchasketch penis will get you jail time

radicalhit
03-09-2011, 16:07

The fine is up to a thousand pounds if you dont do this right. good luck.

kil_2k
03-09-2011, 16:15
Hmm. Jedi is already in after the last census, but Bewbz could work. I'm gonna put that on mine.

88Chaz88
03-09-2011, 16:39
The fine is up to a thousand pounds if you dont do this right. good luck.

The fine for not completing and returning a 2011 Census questionnaire is up to £1,000. You may also have to pay costs.

The amount of the fine for not completing the 2011 Census questionnaire will be determined in each individual case by the magistrate.

The fine is subject to level 3 on the standard scale under the Criminal Justice Act.

Any revision to the Criminal Justice Act could change the fine for an offence under the Census Act 1920.

Ouch.

Looks like I'm not going to be drawing penises in the fields.

kil_2k
03-09-2011, 16:53
Ouch.

Looks like I'm not going to be drawing penises in the fields.

Pfft, that's just a fine for not completing it. There's nothing regarding penis pictures.

Abaratican
03-09-2011, 16:53
lol @ forced census.

88Chaz88
03-09-2011, 16:58
lol @ forced census.

I'm pretty sure the US one was also forced.

Rachsucht
03-09-2011, 17:03

Don't think there was a fine for refusing it.

Bissen
03-09-2011, 17:04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed0AxCtYl7g

88Chaz88
03-09-2011, 17:07
Don't think there was a fine for refusing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed0AxCtYl7g

If not, what was all the outrage about?

Aragoni
03-09-2011, 17:11
Justin Bieber, obviously.

88Chaz88
03-09-2011, 17:14
If you refuse to give out the information or you deliberately give inaccurate information, you can be in legal trouble. According to United States Code, Title 13 (Census), Chapter 7 (Offenses and Penalties), SubChapter II, if you're over 18 and refuse to answer all or part of the Census, you can be fined up to $100. If you give false answers, you're subject to a fine of up to $500. If you offer suggestions or information with the "intent to cause inaccurate enumeration of population," you are subject to a fine of up to $1,000, up to a year in prison, or both. Here's the official verbiage:

221. Refusal or neglect to answer questions; false answers

* (a) Whoever, being over eighteen years of age, refuses or willfully neglects, when requested by the Secretary, or by any other authorized officer or employee of the Department of Commerce or bureau or agency thereof acting under the instructions of the Secretary or authorized officer, to answer, to the best of his knowledge, any of the questions on any schedule submitted to him in connection with any census or survey provided for by subchapters I, II, IV, and V of chapter 5 of this title, applying to himself or to the family to which he belongs or is related, or to the farm or farms of which he or his family is the occupant, shall be fined not more than $100.

* (b) Whoever, when answering questions described in subsection (a) of this section, and under the conditions or circumstances described in such subsection, willfully gives any answer that is false, shall be fined not more than $500.

* (c) Notwithstanding any other provision of this title, no person shall be compelled to disclose information relative to his religious beliefs or to membership in a religious body.

Sec. 222. Giving suggestions or information with intent to cause inaccurate enumeration of population

Whoever, either directly or indirectly, offers or renders to any officer or employee of the Department of Commerce or bureau or agency thereof engaged in making an enumeration of population under subchapter II, IV, or V of chapter 5 of this title, any suggestion, advice, information or assistance of any kind, with the intent or purpose of causing an inaccurate enumeration of population to be made, shall be fined not more than $1,000 or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

From http://people.howstuffworks.com/question345.htm

I'm not sure how legit this is, but it seems likely that we'd be shafted with the same stick.

So fuck you Bissen!

Ziegler
03-09-2011, 17:19
The census is the government giving you the oppurtunity to exercise your creative writing skills.

The government does NOT need any information about my religion, my age, my sex my race or even my fucking name.

2 adults
4 kids

That's all they need to know to do what the US census was intended for.....drawing of districts for elections.

Glabro
03-09-2011, 17:24
truth: jewish

88Chaz88
03-09-2011, 17:26
The census is the government giving you the oppurtunity to exercise your creative writing skills.

The government does NOT need any information about my religion, my age, my sex my race or even my fucking name.

2 adults
4 kids

That's all they need to know to do what the US census was intended for.....drawing of districts for elections.

Well the religion field is optional...

I guess that's a step in the right direction.

truth: jewish

By race, but certainly not religion-wise. If I had to go with what I was raised with rather than my actual beliefs it would be Christian, Church of England.

Esudar
03-09-2011, 17:36

2 adults
4 kids

its for far more than drawing disctricts for elections oO

Awesomefusion
03-09-2011, 17:48
i love my country, really

Makestro
03-09-2011, 18:04
draw a penis, be a man

Jedicake
03-09-2011, 18:37
Uhh Pastafarianism, obviously, have you not seen what you get in heaven? stripper factory and beer volcano dude.

[LoD] EE
03-09-2011, 21:05
How long until there is a revolt in the UK?

Ragnarok Delrhe
03-09-2011, 21:35

you never go wrong as a Jedi.

MattMystrieo
03-10-2011, 02:03

2 adults
4 kids

The government doesn't even need to know your name? I think it might...

How long until there is a revolt in the UK?

A long long time. Pretty are pissy here, but we always are. We don't revolt we moan.

And I put Jedi.

Glabro
03-10-2011, 11:21
EE;4846178']How long until there is a revolt in the UK?

How long until there is a revolt in the USA?

becham21
03-11-2011, 09:50
just think of for which you are most attractive and where your heart goes chose that one...

88Chaz88
03-11-2011, 10:48
just think of for which you are most attractive and where your heart goes chose that one...

Well I'm dashingly attractive anyway, but a real lightsaber would make me just that much cooler.

Rachsucht
03-11-2011, 15:20
How long until there is a revolt in the USA?

Never as long as we have cheap fast food and Dancing with the Stars, Jersey Shore, American Idol, NFL, NBA etc.

88Chaz88
03-11-2011, 15:27
Never as long as we have cheap fast food and Strictly Come Dancing, Eastenders, X-Factor, Football, Rugby, etc.

Edited for the UK's reasons.

Glabro
03-11-2011, 16:17
Never as long as we have cheap fast food and Dancing with the Stars, Jersey Shore, American Idol, NFL, NBA etc.

the same conclusion here. Keeping the masses fed and entertained (old roman "bread and circuses") is quite enough to prevent them from revolting against even the most outrageous displays of power abuse. But, for good or bad, the good times are slowly coming to an end...

88Chaz88
03-11-2011, 16:46
I want to add that Cameron has said that this would be the last ever census here. Because apparently the system is archaic and there are far better alternatives.

Guess you were right Rachsucht.

Napalm_Enema
03-11-2011, 17:20
what about filling it out properly, but draw each letter and word out of little penises.

Would take some time, but whoever read it would get a facefull of cocks telling them all the information they ever wanted to know.

Ziegler
03-11-2011, 21:36
its for far more than drawing disctricts for elections oO

It's original intention for only for the drawing of districts for elections. it's been perverted for much more than that.

I skated on mine actually. no home phone, and nobody came by while I was home.