PDA

View Full Version : Lore Flag EU Hints

Resfelm
03-04-2011, 18:36
* I hide within the dried up vein from which Rubaiyat’s life-blood once flowed.

* Two ways to enter highmoore, North and South. My brother and I guard each gate’s route.

* Just off the road leading out of Gul Kral, a Severii threefold temple, tribute to a Chal’ d’Ean hero whose bones are black and dusty. I contemplate his stories beneath the twisted and twisting monument.

* Through the twisting caverns of the Zahnal Dungeon you’ll stalk to locate me in an ancient throne room under the banner of Eternal Tapestry. Beware the guardians.

* North of Melek’s children, guarded by giant’s with the face of beasts, I rest in the shadow of a bull in the eye of an Isle.

* In the southern elven lands, in the eye of a lake, my shadow falls across a portal guarded by the prophets of the forest.

* Within this dried up lake, the dusty memories of the last Chal d’Ean exodus to Cairne. In the deepest part I will wait.

* Only the northernmost stars shine on me.

* Sunk beneath the icy seas, I look up and worship her frozen, draconian, flight through the undersides of frosty waves. I guard a dragons loot!

You have about 2 hours to locate the flags before they expire.
Keep in mind, players that find the flags will be notified next week to have their rewards delivered.

EDIT: All flags have been found! The fight is now taking place at the center of the work, underneath the floating Ubelenfau demon fortress.

Mapi
03-04-2011, 18:51
This is nice, if you did this more often it would be fun.
We need more time tough, it was over in like 5 minutes.

ISVRaDa
And after 15min the event is nearly finished..:D fail

Tbh I was expecting something for all people, more duration + more flags.

coce28
such a bad event almost completed within 15mins.

bobii
03-04-2011, 18:56
such a bad event almost completed within 15mins.

This.

Worst event ever.

More like "Free giveaway to players in random cities"

Back to farming...

inb4 reward is 5 theyril ingots

Niburu
03-04-2011, 19:01
Abit more story wouldnt hurt ^^,

Neilk
03-04-2011, 19:02
Epic event got a flag :D

Sonn Fere
03-04-2011, 19:07
NA plx. We matter more.

worma
03-04-2011, 19:08
How can you blame AV? Myself didn't know any of those locations.

anith21
03-04-2011, 19:10
I will wait, if there comes more, but seriously, with this concept you could have done way way more! That was simple BAD! Kick the one, who is planning events for you and engage a real eventmaster.

bmfof
03-04-2011, 19:12
You should start calling those ninja events. That pretty much sums up the whole experience - you go there, ninja stuff and go out in 2 secs, bam, event's over.

Niburu
03-04-2011, 19:12
I will wait, if there comes more, but seriously, with this concept you could have done way way more! That was simple BAD! Kick the one, who is planning events for you and engage a real eventmaster.

like eli garr for example

Emolas
03-04-2011, 19:13
Sounds like a lot of people would prefer something ...

... Instanced.

B. Greymoor
03-04-2011, 19:13
What about the big clash at the centre? dancing with the devil and that...

Krag
03-04-2011, 19:19
AV has yet to put on even that was even half as good as Ruff Knight alliance's Blood Ritual event a few months ago.

All their events are lame 20 minute ninja lootfests, at least this one isnt in NPC tower range.

ISVRaDa
03-04-2011, 19:19
Sounds like a lot of people would prefer something ...

... Instanced.

Nothing about instanced. At least put about 20-30 flags over all the map for more than 5-6 people (also near starter cities for all new clans and players).

ISVRaDa
03-04-2011, 19:21
Fortunately for all the american players, their event of tomorrow can be "fixed" or improved.

worma
03-04-2011, 19:32
flag 9 still stands.

Resfelm
03-04-2011, 19:39
All flags have been found! The fight is now taking place at the center of the world, underneath the floating Ubelenfau demon fortress.

rbeck
03-04-2011, 19:49
[19:43:31] (GM Teucrus): Four demons await underneath the floating Ubelenfau Fortress. So far they are having an easy time.

Niburu
03-04-2011, 20:18
The server can't handle 25% of the active players in one area :-)

Simpo0
03-04-2011, 20:38
Lol, this sounds quite boring. I'm kinda glad I missed it

randomhero
03-04-2011, 20:43
Why is this event happening midday? :(

I'm at work right now, kind of lame.

Neilk
03-04-2011, 20:57
Sun got what was coming to them :)

B. Greymoor
03-04-2011, 21:06
The PvP at the centre was kind of epic, the flags meh people will QQ

Sorenal
03-04-2011, 21:31
Sun got what was coming to them :)

SUN only showed up with half our usual force though. ;)

GF - see ya next time. :)

Nothing will boost our activity like a server-nutcup, keep it up.

Tomorrow again?

bmfof
03-04-2011, 21:55
Bullshit.

Had some nice fights at the demons, killed one of the GM controlled Fire eles, got some of the essence thing, some ember weapons. A couple of fights later at Hintentfau and crashed while looting some Nocry. Couldn't log in the next 2 hours (couldn't even open up this page up until now) and was forced to listen people talking about the awesome fights we're having in vent. Server stability is just seperb.

Also, when will AV realize that mobs with a lot of HP does not equal interesting fights, it's just a boring drain fest. No wonder no demon got killed, even if any individual group had more than 10 minutes on their own with one demon it would've taken them up to 20 minutes of wacking that shit to kill it. That's simply retarded, AV needs to rethink their concept on PvE.

And the flag things, there needs to be some control goal for actually getting items like that, not just some ninja fest. It's retarded to see half the flags go down 10 minutes after they were hinted.

Niburu
03-04-2011, 21:57
Bullshit.

Had some nice fights at the demons, killed one of the GM controlled Fire eles, got some of the essence thing, some ember weapons. A couple of fights later at Hintentfau and crashed while looting some Nocry. Couldn't log in the next 2 hours (couldn't even open up this page up until now) and was forced to listen people talking about the awesome fights we're having in vent. Server stability is just seperb.

Also, when will AV realize that mobs with a lot of HP does not equal interesting fights, it's just a boring drain fest. No wonder no demon got killed, even if any individual group had more than 10 minutes on their own with one demon it would've taken them up to 20 minutes of wacking that shit to kill it. That's simply retarded, AV needs to rethink their concept on PvE.

And the flag things, there needs to be some control goal for actually getting items like that, not just some ninja fest. It's retarded to see half the flags go down 10 minutes after they were hinted.

You crashed. The demon thing was really epic lots of PVP around and i think the guild who teamed up against SUN killed some or one, no clue, in the end. I mean was like 40 guys so you only need to bring some ash and bolt it down.

The player flag things were boring they should have spawned way more, but the demon fight in the end was great, however one would be enough and not 4

Also GM controlled mobs are fun, hi to the GM who were hiding behind the demon ^^

Mortimer
03-04-2011, 22:18
The flag part wasn't really well made. Maybe it was bad to use flags alltogether. If you would plant say scarabs there, and the people would have to drive them to a point - it would provoke a massive amounts of fights over them. Flags just went poof and the event was gone.

The demons however, was really a lot of fun !! ;) can say the gms were having fun shooting insta fireballs and meeleing people down in 3-4 hits aswell, they wouldn't be so persistant if they wouldn't :D was a lot of good fights, got nutcupped at at the end but stood our ground in contrary to what the z5's wanted to see and we had a good time.

These events shouldn't be made once a year!!

smackyou
03-04-2011, 22:35
wasn't there but suggestion to mods: flag you just ninja take and you win, on the other hand a personal/clan strong box takes a while to destroy. (not sure though if you know who destroyed it)

:)

raapnaap
03-05-2011, 12:20
I wasn't on to see any of this, but I can imagine the flags part must have been short and boring. They need to place something people can fight over, like a ship, warhulk or strongbox.

I can't really find too much info on what happened in the center. They spawned 4 demons and GM's defended them? That's pretty much impossible... Even a single demon is very hard (and mostly just very annoying and frustrating) to kill, which is why no one does it. I guess GM's spawned them thinking people would go there to kill them, but in the end people only came as an excuse to kill other players?

Anyhow it's nice to see something different happen, even if I wasn't able to be there in person.

-morph-
03-05-2011, 12:24
I wasn't on to see any of this, but I can imagine the flags part must have been short and boring. They need to place something people can fight over, like a ship, warhulk or strongbox.

I can't really find too much info on what happened in the center. They spawned 4 demons and GM's defended them? That's pretty much impossible... Even a single demon is very hard (and mostly just very annoying and frustrating) to kill, which is why no one does it. I guess GM's spawned them thinking people would go there to kill them, but in the end people only came as an excuse to kill other players?

Anyhow it's nice to see something different happen, even if I wasn't able to be there in person.

There were four demons guarding two fire elementals to start. People just focused on the eles and fighting each other while the demons chased ppl aruond.

Then they despawned three of the four demons and I gues the huge nutcup in the middle finally killed it together.

Was a lot of fun actually.

Vor'Dus[DiE]
03-05-2011, 12:30
No demon died, but we teamed up to kill it, but ofcourse Sun tried to ruin it so we teamed up to kill Sun. After they died the last demon disappeared too.

-morph-
03-05-2011, 12:38
;4840209"]No demon died, but we teamed up to kill it, but ofcourse Sun tried to ruin it so we teamed up to kill Sun. After they died the last demon disappeared too.

I guess we figured it was clan vs clan/gms. Rataher than server vs gm. Someone forgot to deliver the memo to calf. :)

Quin Tessence
03-05-2011, 13:20
These events seem to be getting less intuitive.

Perhaps the next one the players should plant the flags in said locations and a GM pick them up recording the time.

After each flag is picked up the player should be given a clue to the next location.

:idea:

Exclipse
03-05-2011, 23:11
When the GMs realized that SUN would not be collecting any Demon loot they decided to despawn themselves. :ninja:

xpiher
03-05-2011, 23:16

have you fought the Demon before this? Its set up exactly like a raid boss.

Exclipse
03-05-2011, 23:25
have you fought the Demon before this? Its set up exactly like a raid boss.

Lol... Of course he has faught the Demon before.

sosick
03-07-2011, 19:29
They're trying. The DF community has some of the most ungrateful group of players I have ever seen.

Lumanil
03-07-2011, 19:39
They're trying. The DF community has some of the most ungrateful group of players I have ever seen.

I have to agree shameful.

ISVRaDa
03-07-2011, 20:00
My point of view is different;

There are 2 kind of players in any community and tbh I prefer someone who can post criticizing that not someone who does not care about anything.

sosick
03-07-2011, 20:42
My point of view is different;

There are 2 kind of players in any community and tbh I prefer someone who can post criticizing that not someone who does not care about anything.

And there's two types of criticism... constructive criticism and just plain douche baggery. The majority of the criticism I've read is just "Fail" and other insults. A few people had some good criticism. Like "hey make it last a little longer", maybe on a larger scale, etc. Running an MMO is a learning experience especially for AV and as I do agree they need criticism from us to make the game better, they don't need insults.

Darkfallin
03-07-2011, 21:12

Welcome to the real world. When it comes to selling a product, "trying" isn't good enough.

Vor'Dus[DiE]
03-07-2011, 21:27
Welcome to the real world. When it comes to selling a product, "trying" isn't good enough.

Not in US perhaps

ISVRaDa
03-08-2011, 01:45

We like it or not this is a real fact.

Shrang
03-08-2011, 04:54
Their problem is that without incentive for people to work together(community is at fault for this), none of their events will ever be much of anything but an excuse to pvp.

Neilk
03-10-2011, 17:35
When will we be getting our reward for capturing the flags?

bobii
03-10-2011, 18:35

"In the following weeks"

Neilk
03-10-2011, 19:14
"In the following weeks"

"Keep in mind, players that find the flags will be notified next week to have their rewards delivered."

Vor'Dus[DiE]
03-10-2011, 21:59
Havnt got mine either

Gray Fox
03-11-2011, 00:53
Its should be hinted that those demons had special items and that they planned to destroy cities so people actually teamed up to slay them and save the world thing.

4 demons dealing impact damage at the gates of Aradoth for example, thats serious shit.

melipone
03-11-2011, 02:39
Their problem is that without incentive for people to work together(community is at fault for this), none of their events will ever be much of anything but an excuse to pvp.

A game community will only represent the game as its designed. The game has poor RPG elements (lack of roles), endless grinding for advantages, exploiting/macroing to get ahead, kill anyone with no game mechanics to give pro's / cons for playing that way, weak long term goals for players besides grinding skills (territory control etc), game mechanics that discourage taking sides and fighting for common goals with strangers, lack of meaningful economy or social aspect etc. Lack of worthwhile things to do besides killing random players or AI.

This a symptom of the way this sandbox mmoRPG turned out - The game has decent PVP and full loot. Everything else needs work doing to attract more players who want something more than just grinding skills and randomly killing. Simply improving pve (as AV have tried for 2 years) isn't enough - it will only ever be AI and this is a multiplayer mmorpg with full loot. Its the quantity thats required from the players. Not the quality thats not the problem at all. The game is backward - the best thing about it is inaccessible or virtually closed off to the players that its geared towards the most, so you end up with a niche of PVE players in a full loot game (lol) and ultra hardcore (ie no lifers) who will play despite the grind that they hate just because of the pvp and full loot aspects

19zijekz
03-15-2011, 08:50

Replica Omega (http://www.beyondwatch.biz/Wholesale-replica-omega_c109.html)

Replica Chopard (http://www.wdwatches.com/replica-chopard-c-149.html)

Replica Montblanc (http://www.watches1688.com/replica-montblanc-c-180.html)

Neilk
03-15-2011, 14:11
Worst loot ever.

Sonn Fere
03-15-2011, 14:16
Anyone get their reward for capturing flags yet?

Neilk
03-15-2011, 14:45
Ya 1 ember weapons and a large map

w0rm
03-15-2011, 20:27
[/url]

This guy knows what he's talking about!

Zushakon
03-15-2011, 20:48
Ya 1 ember weapons and a large map

lol, gratz Neil

Ginger Magician
03-16-2011, 07:03

Did they ever give the rewards for that mysterious essences?

I dont think they ever did and that was months ago so good luck with those flags.

Your best best is to sell them as momentoes of AV incompetance.

Corp-Por
03-16-2011, 09:29
seeing as last event went with Demon being despawned on Eu-1 as you can better much bet the GM's thought its their time to call it a night rather than putting that extra effort in to entertain the players who pay subs of the company to have lasted 2 years. This Greek work ethic sucks!

Neilk
03-16-2011, 12:55
Did they ever give the rewards for that mysterious essences?

I dont think they ever did and that was months ago so good luck with those flags.

Your best best is to sell them as momentoes of AV incompetance.

I got my loot 1 ember weapon and a large treasue map.

Tibernicus
03-17-2011, 17:18
seeing as last event went with Demon being despawned on Eu-1 as you can better much bet the GM's thought its their time to call it a night rather than putting that extra effort in to entertain the players who pay subs of the company to have lasted 2 years. This Greek work ethic sucks!

Nice to know there are so many racists here. And maybe they despawned them because everyone was fighting eachother instead of trying to quell the DEMON INVASION??

Floyd
04-09-2011, 01:14
The GMs crashed virtual memory error.