Jedicake
01-15-2011, 08:31
WHAT THE FUCK

Your voice..

Your fucking voice..

Please... have my babies

Nunz
01-15-2011, 08:35
Yeah, i've heard nothing but good things. I know a bunch of people playing hero on d&g. I'll be joining them in a couple weeks. Broke atm. Christmas kiled me :/

Brannoc
01-15-2011, 09:17
I really really want to like this one but the controls felt very clunky, port from console style clunky.

Death's Chill
01-15-2011, 10:32
I really really want to like this one but the controls felt very clunky, port from console style clunky.

Still better than WoW. Step in the right direction. Definitely the king in the superhero MMO market.. or well, superhero game in general.

Wufiavelli
01-15-2011, 11:01
Still better than WoW. Step in the right direction. Definitely the king in the superhero MMO market.. or well, superhero game in general.

Good game but not sure it will stay king. COH still is going very strong. Running at least 10+ servers, all of which hit medium of heavy load during peak hours.

Champions, might get some renewed life.

the Excuseme
01-15-2011, 12:02
You guys beat DCUO yet? I mean come on its been a few days, I expect a victory post from Osium within a week.

Brother Justin
01-15-2011, 12:04
I enjoy these minireviews! Keep doing them.

I gotta say though, that looked boring.

Looks like its fun for about 2 days.

Cailian
01-15-2011, 12:10
Is there any territorial conflict in the game Ripper?

ArmyOkie
01-15-2011, 13:11
has Tm found out how to dupe yet :D i kid i kid game looks awesome if I wasent being deployed id give it a look

nizzie
01-15-2011, 14:18
Great, now I'm thinking of buying. :bang:

Adûn_East
01-15-2011, 14:44
Yep it's a really nice game imo, extremely polished and very fun, beta'd it for a month. It's combat is basically 'arcade-style', really frenetic, combos, counters, art of button-mashing, etc. I'd be playing it but Rift is coming out relatively close and decided to go with that instead because I never was really an arcade d00d. But I bet the game is gonna see some decent success and I'd def. recommend it as a fun and polished mmo to play, kinda funny to be seeing mercs and co there.

Making diff. chars and experimenting with builds is also very easy as it's really not grindy at all and actually encourages this, think it's up to 8 toons, level cap 30. And one thing I enjoyed as well was that most of the cut scenes were really cool and well done, helped add to the immersion, and quite an amount of them in there (every time you finish a story arc, big or small). The boss fights too, very creative.

ps: great video ripper, as is your usual quality. mercs are fortunate to have you.

Tyki Mykk
01-15-2011, 15:25
That was very enjoyable to watch, nice job.

Umki Bloodsoul
01-15-2011, 15:57
Nice vid. Thanks.

xpiher
01-15-2011, 18:53
I heard there isn't much content but that the lack of content is made up through PvP/combat. Is that true?

Edit: I just remember I have a beta key I never used :(

Jedicake
01-15-2011, 19:13
There's no one else that is orgasmic over Rippers voice?

Captain Price.

nizzie
01-15-2011, 19:45

Captain Price.

No, seems like you're the only queer around here.

Ok, I have to admit, I like listening to his voice, too.

Tenebrion
01-15-2011, 20:07
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5HL4JuaSCo

Hm. I might have to give the game a shot.

I'm a bit disappointed that it's a class-based game, however, instead of a free-skill game like Champions Online.

Laxe
01-15-2011, 21:33
post some videos of how you are ruining it with hacks and exploits :lmao:

just like you did with dfo

Death's Chill
01-15-2011, 22:32

Captain Price.

Sure is, but lets face it, complimenting another dude's voice is hard to do without sounding day.

As for the game, most of the content seems voice acted. Even the random trash mobs have dialogue. They beat knights of the old republic to the punch there.

Drefarion
01-15-2011, 22:43

Captain Price.

kinda heard it before

nate4449
01-15-2011, 23:23
Gameplay certainly looks awesome, too bad it's made with such a gay genre.

Ighox
01-16-2011, 02:12
It was quite fun in the beginning, but I'm starting to get tired of it already after just playing some beta and now since release so that's not a good sign :p

TumorousGrowth
01-16-2011, 03:39
No, seems like you're the only queer around here.

Ok, I have to admit, I like listening to his voice, too.

i don't know about you, but i'm fully erect after listening to the review.

The V-Shine
01-16-2011, 04:45
post some videos of how you are ruining it with hacks and exploits :lmao:

just like you did with dfo

lul u pwned him dude

rippertm
01-17-2011, 00:57
I heard there isn't much content but that the lack of content is made up through PvP/combat. Is that true?

Edit: I just remember I have a beta key I never used :(

Yes a lack of content, once you hit lvl 30 which is the cap, there are pvp arenas and some other things you can unlock, but they need to add a lot more content for end-game stuff and I'm guessing they will.

We are playing more on the casual side for this game, its fun, but we aren't like gong-hoe serious about it, definitely entertaining though.

rippertm
01-17-2011, 01:00
Hm. I might have to give the game a shot.

I'm a bit disappointed that it's a class-based game, however, instead of a free-skill game like Champions Online.

Yes I agree, BUT with each class you can customize the hell out of it, from weapon types to skill trees to power trees, so there are a lot of combinations making it interesting, but it's definitely a rock-paper-scissors type game.

How's DF? I'll come back when they add portals and bindstones/banks on boats...:)

Spineless_DoO
01-17-2011, 01:24
Play DC for 20 levels and then tell me your not bored to tears..

Zokten
01-17-2011, 01:29
Yes a lack of content, once you hit lvl 30 which is the cap, there are pvp arenas and some other things you can unlock, but they need to add a lot more content for end-game stuff and I'm guessing they will.

This sounds familiar....

Death's Chill
01-17-2011, 02:04

We are playing more on the casual side for this game, its fun, but we aren't like gong-hoe serious about it, definitely entertaining though.

Star trek online?

Ugh.

That game was damn fun... for the first 5 days.

Then there was nothing left. Hope it's not the same thing here.

drinkingjam
01-17-2011, 04:13
Sounds like you belong in Call of Duty.

Game looks great fun, my best mate is playing it back home, and he's real into it. I just hope it's not the kind of game you get bored of easily.

Erratic
01-17-2011, 04:49
id pick it up if it weren't for the fact I'm worried with their lack of end-game content combined with the (not necessarily bad) fact that it doesn't take a long time to reach the end-game.

Wonderboy2402
01-17-2011, 05:25
I think the way your character can move around the environment is very nice. The rest of the game I am still watching, but maybe in a month after people have fully reported on the game and the new content is out.

Kay Rica
01-17-2011, 05:36
Awesome video Ripper, keep it up.

xpiher
01-17-2011, 15:42
How's DF? I'll come back when they add portals and bindstones/banks on boats...:)

....?

Bissen
01-17-2011, 16:01
Looks like the brainchild of shit and poo. How the fuck people can keep playing these stagnated shallow no brainer games is a fucking riddle of planet sized proportions.

Captain Kirk
01-17-2011, 20:18
Christian Bale is that you?

Spineless_DoO
01-17-2011, 20:50
Looks like the brainchild of shit and poo. How the fuck people can keep playing these stagnated shallow no brainer games is a fucking riddle of planet sized proportions.

Because the only other options are over grindy, super limited games like DF and not all of us live in our parents basement or wish to become a smelly desk dwelling hermit just to get a gaming fix?

Biaxil
01-17-2011, 20:55
He said "instances." :(

Biaxil
01-17-2011, 20:57
Sounds like you belong in Call of Duty.

Game looks great fun, my best mate is playing it back home, and he's real into it. I just hope it's not the kind of game you get bored of easily.

Looks like it.

Bissen
01-17-2011, 21:04
Because the only other options are over grindy, super limited games like DF and not all of us live in our parents basement or wish to become a smelly desk dwelling hermit just to get a gaming fix?
What about the option called "don't buy this piece of shit and go play an actual game instead of the retard wash/rinse/repeat stagnated and void of joy that is mmo gaming IN FUCKING GENERAL"? What about that option?

Adûn_East
01-17-2011, 21:17
What about the option called "don't buy this piece of shit and go play an actual game instead of the retard wash/rinse/repeat stagnated and void of joy that is mmo gaming IN FUCKING GENERAL"? What about that option?

bad as all that huh?

Tenebrion
01-17-2011, 22:21

Couldn't say, to be honest. DF has been on the back burner for me for the past year or so. Every now and then I create a trial account to poke around and see if anything has changed, and as it stands, it's still an mmo with a severely lacking meta-game, limited character diversity, and no real sandbox elements worth speaking of.

IPY2 should tide me over until DF2010 comes out, or until some other interesting PVP title is released (Probably Planetside 2).

I'll also add that, despite it being a carebear game, RIFT looks like it might have some intriguing things going for it. 32 classes and multi-classing will give the PVP-scene of RIFT some character diversity that's very rarely seen in an MMO these days.

link to class video (http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=490295727513&oid=104699396236602&comments&ref=mf)

Erratic
01-17-2011, 22:23
Couldn't say, to be honest. DF has been on the back burner for me for the past year or so. Every now and then I create a trial account to poke around and see if anything has changed, and as it stands, it's still an mmo with a severely lacking meta-game, limited character diversity, and no real sandbox elements worth speaking of.

IPY2 should tide me over until DF2010 comes out, or until some other interesting PVP title is released.
You mean DF2011?

Anyway, regarding DCU are there any plans for end-game content? Even a sort of territory/base control would be an added bonus for what already is a fresh open pvp world imo.

Death's Chill
01-18-2011, 00:40
We need to start a petition. We need to get blizzard, with their multi-billion dollar accounts to start making a PvP focused, hardcore MMORPG.

But, without forgetting the sandbox elements.

I will bring up Darkfall now, because I think it's only fair. The PVP is pretty damn good, and the engine is impressive. The game is fantastic when you consider the resources Aventurine had to make it. Unfortunately, an indie MMORPG cannot stand up initially to what we want. They didn't have the time to add in everything that was needed to make it a full on game.

I just imagine if a company like Blizzard were to really invest in making a game like Darkfall in core nature. Seriously, imagine it for a second. If Aventurine can make Darkfall with their resources... let your mind go crazy.

Zokten
01-18-2011, 01:26
We need to start a petition. We need to get blizzard, with their multi-billion dollar accounts to start making a PvP focused, hardcore MMORPG.

But, without forgetting the sandbox elements.

I will bring up Darkfall now, because I think it's only fair. The PVP is pretty damn good, and the engine is impressive. The game is fantastic when you consider the resources Aventurine had to make it. Unfortunately, an indie MMORPG cannot stand up initially to what we want. They didn't have the time to add in everything that was needed to make it a full on game.

I just imagine if a company like Blizzard were to really invest in making a game like Darkfall in core nature. Seriously, imagine it for a second. If Aventurine can make Darkfall with their resources... let your mind go crazy.

Such a game would not maximize profits for them though.....so we know what that means.