PDA

View Full Version : Runescape Wildy _ Free Trade

ctowndown
01-06-2011, 02:02
They have a poll to bring it back on the main site. Who else is stoked for this?

Tenebrion
01-06-2011, 02:12
I don't know what this is.

Sayton
01-06-2011, 02:47
I'll vote yes just for the sake of it.

The wilderness (wildy) was an open pvp/full loot area that took up a big part of the map.

Shrang
01-06-2011, 02:50
Did they actually take it out?

Tenebrion
01-06-2011, 02:50
I'll vote yes just for the sake of it.

The wilderness (wildy) was an open pvp/full loot area that took up a big part of the map.

Nice.

Sayton
01-06-2011, 02:52
Did they actually take it out?

It would seem that way. I haven't played in many years.

Death's Chill
01-06-2011, 03:06
Holy shit...

I mean, it's still a kids game, but damn. If they do this it will bring back some good memories. That's absolutely awesome. I really didn't expect them to do that. The poll results are hilarious, 90% in favor of restoring things as they were.

Shrang
01-06-2011, 03:59
It would seem that way. I haven't played in many years.

I won't deny it, i played some 7 or so years ago(has it really been that long?) but haven't touched it since.

Tzacharu
01-06-2011, 05:03
I logged in just to vote yes a week back. Haven't played the game in almost three years.

I probably wouldn't play again.. Played RuneScape for almost six years and the game got stale once they took the wildy out.. among the other things they did in their seemingly endless spree of dumb ideas.

Though even if they do bring it back, it'll probably be a half-hearted attempt and it won't be nearly as exciting as it used to be because of all the carebear options that are in the game currently. The audience is drastically different, and there are more options for PvP that are less risky. It just won't be the same as when the wildy was the main PvP area, and the only PvP area to get rewards from by risking something in return.

The Cougar
01-06-2011, 05:58
I voted yes too on some accounts, mainly for my old clan. People are botting it up anyway...

Curious, anyone from old RS clans here? ZF, DS, Gladz myself (and some minor ones you probably haven't heard of).

xpiher
01-06-2011, 07:44
I remember when runescape was an FFA PvP game without a pure based level system (max everything without going up too many level). Those were the days

Emolas
01-06-2011, 12:41
Did they fix the bots, though?

ctowndown
01-06-2011, 12:46
I voted yes too on some accounts, mainly for my old clan. People are botting it up anyway...

Curious, anyone from old RS clans here? ZF, DS, Gladz myself (and some minor ones you probably haven't heard of).

I was in some big clans around the time that the gam where you get points and turn it into exp was popular. Can't remember what the name of the clan was or the mini game though.

Edit: Pest control was the game.

Tzacharu
01-06-2011, 13:15

I was in BlacKnights for awhile, a little bit of Divine Forces too. Not sure if you'd call DF "old" (I don't).

I was in some big clans around the time that the gam where you get points and turn it into exp was popular. Can't remember what the name of the clan was or the mini game though.

Edit: Pest control was the game.

Heart Unit by any chance?

palo god
01-06-2011, 14:06
Rs was my first mmo and I quit when they added their bullshit downgrades. Already started again when I heard the news. I’m going to enjoy pking noobs, dropping their shit in a random location, tell them where it is, and see if they get there before the newbs see the copious amounts of shit on the ground and go for it. Best memories of any mmo.

Slaker
01-06-2011, 14:14
I remember when runescape was an FFA PvP game without a pure based level system (max everything without going up too many level). Those were the days

That is a long long time ago and I am sure you didn't even play this version, please shut the fuck up.

I voted yes too and I will resub if they ever bring it back and I hope it will be as close as the era of wildy in 2006. As for my clan clan I used to be in RSD.

Can't wait to do some mage bank PK!

Sayton
01-06-2011, 14:16

I was in Exercitum. I remember we had some epic fights against Gladz.

Slaker
01-06-2011, 14:39

I always had good fights against Gladz, if I remember back then the leader was supa vegeta or somethig, cool guy.

Sayton
01-06-2011, 15:42
I always good fights against Gladz, if I remember back then the leader was supa vegeta or somethig, cool guy.

The Hannibal Barca of Runescape. According to himself. :D

The Cougar
01-06-2011, 16:12
I was in BlacKnights for awhile, a little bit of Divine Forces too. Not sure if you'd call DF "old" (I don't).

Heart Unit by any chance?
RS name? I used to be in Heart Unit too, or at least I scouted their worlds when I worked on my last defence levels+some ranged. DF aren't really that old, but they held #1 for a while when tons of my friendlist went there after DS died so.

Exer eh. I remember fighting you before DS became big. Also remember your MK war. What was your RS name?

Found this in my old files:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/ZFLazyK/RuneScape/supa_vegeta.jpg

Slaker
01-06-2011, 16:19
Good old times, I really hope they will bring it back.

I still have my 99 prayer to get ( 96 prayer sitting in my bank)

And I need 9 more levels of summoning :(

A lot of things changed from what I heard...the new way to make cash easily is to get to 85 dung and kill frost dragons ;) 2M/h

The Cougar
01-06-2011, 16:23
I quit before summoning. I'm still 82 prayer, which I only got to get 124. I was always notoriously poor. :(

Slaker
01-06-2011, 16:24
Yeah you better save up on cash, if wildy comes back you will need it on rune sets / p2p gears! pk all week long!

The Cougar
01-06-2011, 16:29
I lost enough whips lagging out at MB, and the hundred sets I had saved up from my DS times slowly dwindled away with time. Really can't stand RS anymore, wild or not. :p

Slaker
01-06-2011, 16:33
I lost enough whips lagging out at MB, and the hundred sets I had saved up from my DS times slowly dwindled away with time. Really can't stand RS anymore, wild or not. :p

Yeah I doubt I could play like I used to but I will for sure go back pking couple times a week.

Death's Chill
01-06-2011, 16:37
I still have a Runescape account, hit level 121... I just couldn't get back into it not even being able to give a friend anything, just loan stuff out. It really bothered me. If they remove the trade limit, that alone will make it better than most MMOs out there.

I'm still stuck in EvE though, since I'm a sci-fi geek I don't think it's going away soon.

Slaker
01-06-2011, 16:45
I still have a Runescape account, hit level 121... I just couldn't get back into it not even being able to give a friend anything, just loan stuff out. It really bothered me. If they remove the trade limit, that alone will make it better than most MMOs out there.

I'm still stuck in EvE though, since I'm a sci-fi geek I don't think it's going away soon.

Yeah that fucking trade limit is really dumb but like Mod Mark said now they have the technology to find bots and they have a better plan for the war against RWT.

Yoda
01-06-2011, 16:49
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

*cancels darkfall sub*

Slaker
01-06-2011, 16:56
Read this for more info about what Mod Mark said related to the Wilderness update:

http://www.zybez.net/img/news/mod-mark-talks-update.jpg

Tzacharu
01-06-2011, 17:06
RS name? I used to be in Heart Unit too, or at least I scouted their worlds when I worked on my last defence levels+some ranged. DF aren't really that old, but they held #1 for a while when tons of my friendlist went there after DS died so.

Gandalf74321. Made it when I was a 12 year old LOTR nerd.

palo god
01-06-2011, 17:13
Yeah that fucking trade limit is really dumb but like Mod Mark said now they have the technology to find bots and they have a better plan for the war against RWT.

That’s just the load of shit Jagex usually peddles. Their “new technology” is just connecting user accounts with email accounts, so gold farmers can’t just make programs that constantly make new bot accounts, and so it’s easier to track bots. The tech always existed but jagex thought they would save more money by just removing the wilderness and free trade as apposed to making an entire new system for the game. They were wrong and it cost them dearly in subscriptions and still is.

Slaker
01-06-2011, 17:14

hahahaha, now you can change it ;) numbers are so lame but back then you didnt had choice every names were taken! or we were just too young and didn't mind numbers...

Slaker
01-06-2011, 17:16
That’s just the load of shit Jagex usually peddles. Their “new technology” is just connecting user accounts with email accounts, so gold farmers can’t just make programs that constantly make new bot accounts, and so it’s easier to track bots. The tech always existed but jagex thought they would save more money by just removing the wilderness and free trade as apposed to making an entire new system for the game. They were wrong and it cost them dearly in subscriptions and still is.

Yeah I agree and I am not even sure they have a proper system in place to detect bots...I know a lot of people who power leveled some skills and it got reset haha. Anyway I only care about the game cuz I played for so long but this is my last attempt at trying to come back into the game, I hope they pull something nice out of this update.

Abaratican
01-06-2011, 17:25
hahahaha, now you can change it ;) numbers are so lame but back then you didnt had choice every names were taken! or we were just too young and didn't mind numbers...

They had a choice, but instead chose a generic, stupid, pop culture reference name.

What was the process here, I wonder.

1) Gandalf TheGray - ARGH!
2) Gandalf TheGrey - GRRR
3) Gandalf TheWhite - shitballs!
4) Darth Maul - shit, it's taken.
5) Luke Skywalker - DAMMIT!
6) Captain Kirk - taken too?!
7) James Kirk - oh come on!
8) Britney Spears - that too?!

Fuck it, we're getting gandalf..

1) Gandalf1 - taken
2) Gandalf2 - taken
...) Gandalf[3-74320] - taken

OH MY GOD, 74321 is free!! YES!! Now I can go hang out with all the other Gandalfs!

Get some originality, for fuck sake.

Croim
01-06-2011, 17:47

ye you should choose something like LEGOLAS

ForzikTheFeared
01-06-2011, 17:55
Was my first mmorpg and some of the best memories I have playing them. Started around 2002 and stopped playing around 2006-07 due to the wildy/RWT change that utterly fucked the game. On rsc I was one of the first pures and it was great when people would run when you whipped out your r2h weapon. Made alot of money selling p-hats and shit on that game, but I won't ever go back. Luck/chance is too big of a factor.

Emolas
01-06-2011, 18:23
wave:red:Trimming armor 4 free! Trade me!

Sayton
01-06-2011, 19:14

Exer eh. I remember fighting you before DS became big. Also remember your MK war. What was your RS name?

Found this in my old files:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/ZFLazyK/RuneScape/supa_vegeta.jpg

I was "Orangutangen". I didn't really do the whole clan thing for that long. To be honest I spent most my time pking solo and scamming people.

radicalhit
01-06-2011, 21:33
It was a pretty shitty game but you gotta say, it had one of the most detailed NPCs in any game. Nearly all NPC's were completely unique and well placed in a detailed world and so it really felt like a complete lively world.

ForzikTheFeared
01-06-2011, 22:07
It was a pretty shitty game but you gotta say, it had one of the most detailed NPCs in any game. Nearly all NPC's were completely unique and well placed in a detailed world and so it really felt like a complete lively world.

Plus the quests were superb if you ask me. Other mmorpgs need to take heed and do some things Jagex did. Barrows runs were fun, as well as the minigames. Runescape is more sandbox than Darkfall is sadly. Need to make a runescape with good graphics and combat like Darkfall and I'd play it.

Slaker
01-06-2011, 22:10
Plus the quests were superb if you ask me. Other mmorpgs need to take heed and do some things Jagex did. Barrows runs were fun, as well as the minigames. Runescape is more sandbox than Darkfall is sadly. Need to make a runescape with good graphics and combat like Darkfall and I'd play it.

Yup I am still waiting for that day!

Enticle
01-07-2011, 07:36
Damn that's awesome, hopefully it's implemented the same way as it was in 07. I miss traveling around and kicking ass with my maxed tank, good days...

ctowndown
01-07-2011, 11:22
Need to make a runescape with good graphics and combat like Darkfall and I'd play it.

Same here.
And whoever asked, no it wasnt heart unit. I did use my friends HU account to get the worlds though (I was like level 98 at the time).
I quit back in 06 when they fucked it up but kept getting on to merch. Went from 13m to 140m now. The grand exchange is seriously the easiest, laziest way to merch.

The Cougar
01-07-2011, 14:38
I was "Orangutangen". I didn't really do the whole clan thing for that long. To be honest I spent most my time pking solo and scamming people.
I remember seeing you in wild occassionally. I think I asked if you were Norwegian before too.

Remember your name. It actually stood out being in a top clan at the time. I think we subconsciously piled you a lot cause of it.

Sacred Blood
01-07-2011, 14:53
take the wine of zamorak

fucking take it noob its worth 5mil

The Cougar
01-07-2011, 14:57
*telegrabs*

Death's Chill
01-07-2011, 17:46
take the wine of zamorak

fucking take it noob its worth 5mil

Good times...

Metalkon
01-07-2011, 18:00
Playing the market in runescape was the fucking best with hundreds of people in every major eastern town doing public chat trades where you would run over to certain parts of the city and watch their wts/wtb text above their characters.

If I didn't get hacked last year and lost my blue phat some how (stopped playing in 2006... logged in every few months since), I would probably consider going back into runescape as a secondary game.

Though there were so many childish changes to the game since I quit and the average player age was nearly cut in half... I prolly would never go back to the game even if I still had that old hat.

radicalhit
01-07-2011, 18:49
Good times...

I fell for that one :(.

Really Im surprised so many people here were interested in runescape so much. The grind and combat was god aweful.

Really the npc system and world were brilliant. The best thing was also that it had a working economy, no matter how fucked due to raw materials being more expensive than the finish product but it worked well enough but I honestly didnt expect Forumfall out of all forums to feel nostalgic about it.

Apex Vertigo
01-07-2011, 22:50
I logged in just to vote yes a week back. Haven't played the game in almost three years.

I probably wouldn't play again.. Played RuneScape for almost six years and the game got stale once they took the wildy out.. among the other things they did in their seemingly endless spree of dumb ideas.

Though even if they do bring it back, it'll probably be a half-hearted attempt and it won't be nearly as exciting as it used to be because of all the carebear options that are in the game currently. The audience is drastically different, and there are more options for PvP that are less risky. It just won't be the same as when the wildy was the main PvP area, and the only PvP area to get rewards from by risking something in return.

Agreed. I ran a clan called BoS for a while, expertized in small scale battles, 10 v 10, 20s and 30s mostly. Really good group for that but the wild was a bit of a bitch to PK in for smaller clans because the bigger ones ran the place. Wars were fun though.

I logged on just to vote yes even though bringing it back probably wouldn't make me return. It'd have to get a modern-age graphic revamp (actual revamp, new engine and everything not the crap they do to it today) and the movement system would have to be totally changed from the click system they have always had. I pretty much wouldn't go back under any circumstances but that'd be a start.

EDIT: Also I had 8 santas that I dueled away when I was planning on quitting, that also has a lot to do with never going back. All of that and the fact that it's a game mainly for 8 year olds now.

That is one great thing about RS. Their quest aren't "Go kill 20 of these" or "Collect 30 of this". They are very detailed, rewarding and interesting. They have interesting plots and nearly every new one they add comes along with a new chunk of map to explore.

Slaker
01-08-2011, 00:42
I fell for that one :(.

Really Im surprised so many people here were interested in runescape so much. The grind and combat was god aweful.

Really the npc system and world were brilliant. The best thing was also that it had a working economy, no matter how fucked due to raw materials being more expensive than the finish product but it worked well enough but I honestly didnt expect Forumfall out of all forums to feel nostalgic about it.

Yeah I didn't expect that either, seems like everyone played RS or at least tried! Its a 10 years old game so I guess thats why...

Agreed. I ran a clan called BoS for a while, expertized in small scale battles, 10 v 10, 20s and 30s mostly. Really good group for that but the wild was a bit of a bitch to PK in for smaller clans because the bigger ones ran the place. Wars were fun though.

I logged on just to vote yes even though bringing it back probably wouldn't make me return. It'd have to get a modern-age graphic revamp (actual revamp, new engine and everything not the crap they do to it today) and the movement system would have to be totally changed from the click system they have always had. I pretty much wouldn't go back under any circumstances but that'd be a start.

EDIT: Also I had 8 santas that I dueled away when I was planning on quitting, that also has a lot to do with never going back. All of that and the fact that it's a game mainly for 8 year olds now.

That is one great thing about RS. Their quest aren't "Go kill 20 of these" or "Collect 30 of this". They are very detailed, rewarding and interesting. They have interesting plots and nearly every new one they add comes along with a new chunk of map to explore.

Yeah the Quest are awesome but I can't stand doing more than 2-3 a month haha I rather go PK unless the quest is important for gear and shit like that.

Small scale PVP was really good but at lot riskier if you would fall into a large group roaming the wild.

I can't wait for the update, I hope they will find a way to balance everything out.

Tzacharu
01-08-2011, 01:14
They had a choice, but instead chose a generic, stupid, pop culture reference name.

What was the process here, I wonder.

Is Tzacharu original enough for you?

I was 12 years old and wanted to play the game my 12 year old friends were.

Cool Story
01-08-2011, 05:15
I've been pking in runescape to this day. Will be happy if they change it back

ApocaRUFF
01-08-2011, 08:49
I played Runescape waaaaaay back in middle school (which was only 7-8 years ago) and it was the shit. And still is, even tho I haven't played it since. Anyone who says Runescape isn't an awesome game is living in a dream world.

It's the perfect MMO. It's easy to play, easy to understand, and makes the perfect Gateway MMO. I bet 90% of the (13-25 year old) people who play MMO's today got started out on Runescape.

xpiher
01-08-2011, 09:27
That is a long long time ago and I am sure you didn't even play this version, please shut the fuck up.

Yes I did actually. Both of my characters were still on the top score boards last time I checked (6 months ago). Gadien01 and Timothy_quai

In fact http://img209.imageshack.us/i/74536846.jpg/

I wasn't a big name or anything, but I did go PKing all the time in RSC and RS wilderness with my younger brother and a couple of RL friends.

I'd say they are about the same in the sandbox department. Runescape has more content as it should. Before the wilderness came out, the game lack content and play like DFO as far as character development is concerned. When they added pures, I had to reroll because I went from level 40 or something to level 80 :lmao:

Death's Chill
01-08-2011, 18:13
Been a while since I played, but man... my account really isn't too bad.

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss73/DeathsChill/Skills.jpg

When they remove the trade limit, I'll be damn tempted to go back. I also have 21 mil apparently.

The Cougar
01-08-2011, 22:22
Can't have been too long Xeltana, you got dungeoneering.

Why blur your name anyway, it's totally readable.

Slaker
01-09-2011, 00:41
Been a while since I played, but man... my account really isn't too bad.

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss73/DeathsChill/Skills.jpg

When they remove the trade limit, I'll be damn tempted to go back. I also have 21 mil apparently.

60 dung, nice but I doubt its really been a while since you played cause dung is the newest skill added to the game.

Slaker
01-09-2011, 00:44
Yes I did actually. Both of my characters were still on the top score boards last time I checked (6 months ago). Gadien01 and Timothy_quai

In fact http://img209.imageshack.us/i/74536846.jpg/

I wasn't a big name or anything, but I did go PKing all the time in RSC and RS wilderness with my younger brother and a couple of RL friends.

I'd say they are about the same in the sandbox department. Runescape has more content as it should. Before the wilderness came out, the game lack content and play like DFO as far as character development is concerned. When they added pures, I had to reroll because I went from level 40 or something to level 80 :lmao:

There's different era to RSC and I doubt you played the first era where it was open pvp everywhere...anyway RSC was fucking good but I don't understand people who are still enjoying the old version...get over it haha

xpiher
01-09-2011, 00:46
There's different era to RSC and I doubt you played the first era where it was open pvp everywhere...anyway RSC was fucking good but I don't understand people who are still enjoying the old version...get over it haha

I did play it, doesn't matter if you believe me or not. Might this convince you?

It was full ffa PvP, then it was FFA PvP within 5 levels, then you could flag yourself for PvP or Non-PvP up to 3 times, then wilderness was added.

palo god
01-09-2011, 00:52

It wasn't open pvp everywhere. I started when there was only one server and only 50-70 people on at any given time before there was even a right click option and lumby was always a safe zone until you got close to the cabbage field. Also, part of varock was a partial safe zone since the overpowered guards(or they were back then) would kick your ass if you tried to attack anyone in varock square.

I think the game hit it’s prime in late 05 to early 06.

Slaker
01-09-2011, 01:03
It wasn't open pvp everywhere. I started when there was only one server and only 50-70 people on at any given time before there was even a right click option and lumby was always a safe zone until you got close to the cabbage field. Also, part of varock was a partial safe zone since the overpowered guards(or they were back then) would kick your ass if you tried to attack anyone in varock square.

I think the game hit it’s prime in late 05 to early 06.

Yeah it wasn't everywhere but it wasn't just one zone in particular like the wilderness, still most of the map was open pvp.

Yeah RS really got a population boom with the release of RS2 but it only got really big around 05-06.

Death's Chill
01-09-2011, 01:18
60 dung, nice but I doubt its really been a while since you played cause dung is the newest skill added to the game.

Well, I came back to it for about a month, back in September. My good computer was still in Florida, didn't have much to choose from for gaming options. Mostly did a few quests and dungeoneering. I managed to do Nomad's requiem, that was a bitch and a half.

didn't play before that, according to the log, for 932 days.

Can't have been too long Xeltana, you got dungeoneering.

Why blur your name anyway, it's totally readable.

Huh? Did I miss something? xD

Where did you see the name? It's not a big deal... did you lookup the specific stats // total level in high scores or something?

The Cougar
01-09-2011, 07:28
There was in fact open PvP even in Lumby the first day of release. Not that I played then.

And yes Death's Chill, I had to sift through like 300 names to dig it up, a better reaction would've been nicer of you. :(

sc0r0wnz
01-09-2011, 21:05
Did they fix the bots, though?

No, my little nephew is using a bot in the game.

palo god
01-09-2011, 21:36
There was in fact open PvP even in Lumby the first day of release. Not that I played then.

And yes Death's Chill, I had to sift through like 300 names to dig it up, a better reaction would've been nicer of you. :(

I don't remember that and I've played since the very beginning. You sure you're not thinking about right where the goblins were, right outside of lumby, close to the shop?

No, my little nephew is using a bot in the game.

I think he meant the mass gold farmers using bots to take up every decent resource nod.

Crazy Hermit
01-11-2011, 07:04

My first RS acount was Gandalfj. Made it in like August 2001. I stopped playing it after it got hacked and repeatedly banned. It's on last chance so I dont really use it much anymore. My brother still plays RS though. He is a level 125 named Deity. Any of you are free to try to pk him when they bring back the wildy.

Abaratican
01-11-2011, 16:07
Is Tzacharu original enough for you?

Clear improvement :)