PDA

View Full Version : An Evening with Ninogan Swiftstep

Thraiax
11-26-2010, 13:24
Last week we sat down with Darkfall Tournament organizer Ninogan Swiftstep and had a little interview! Ninogan performed admirably and held up bravely against our barrage of questions!

We posted up our little chat on the Darkfall Blog (http://www.darkfallonline.com/blog/darkfall-interview-ninogan/). We hope you'll pop by and enjoy reading it as much as we enjoyed writing it! :)

Styrr Chipatama
11-26-2010, 13:24
Interesting

Gelax
11-26-2010, 13:25
<3 ninoganz

Swing
11-26-2010, 13:29
Holy s***

We're going to see Nino perfurme now, aren't we?

I suggest the name '^_^'

thecool444
11-26-2010, 13:43
Nice interview. Game ninojan was talking about is so obvious though. Hell, he has videos on his YouTube account of himself playing that game lol.

Miss Cheeky
11-26-2010, 13:52
awesome interview Ninogan!

Laenih
11-26-2010, 14:01
Before the NA community complains about EU favouritism: We already have our Liaison eyes set on a victim on NA for our next Player Feature :)

Miss Cheeky
11-26-2010, 14:02
Before the NA community complains about EU favouritism: We already have our Liaison eyes set on a victim on NA for our next Player Feature :)

But he's not as cool as nino!

Niburu
11-26-2010, 14:15
Good read

Metalkon
11-26-2010, 14:21
Its Umberto

peertje
11-26-2010, 14:23
wtf, sponsored playing? nice :o

and we all know the [EDIT: another online pvp game whose name has been edited out for diplomatic reasons ] is Mortal Online :sly::D

Niburu
11-26-2010, 14:24

and we all know the [EDIT: another online pvp game whose name has been edited out for diplomatic reasons ] is Mortal Online :sly::D

psssssttt

Aikar Walmoor
11-26-2010, 14:25
nice interview, loved the pics , very complementary. Good job ninogan.

Xarath
11-26-2010, 14:33
Nice interview

RugRat
11-26-2010, 14:43
Last week we sat down with Darkfall Tournament organizer Ninogan Swiftstep and had a little interview! Ninogan performed admirably and held up bravely against our barrage of questions!

We posted up our little chat on the Darkfall Blog (http://www.darkfallonline.com/blog/darkfall-interview-ninogan/). We hope you'll pop by and enjoy reading it as much as we enjoyed writing it! :)

The second recognized factor in darkfall by the devs, after Ginger Magician.

bandoril
11-26-2010, 15:06
Great job AV.

<3 Ninogan

Hekkr
11-26-2010, 15:26
why does he get an interview and someone else

DeManiac
11-26-2010, 16:08
Well, I don't know why he couldn't have one.

They interviewed those making the statue did they not?

They have featured the events, and in making these events Ninogan has committed quite some time and not just leached.

So, that would be the determining factor, as they point out in the interview, they consider him as someone who arranges events. Which is good since in a sandbox , doing stuff like that goes along with the overall concept.

Had the current communication been present while Manus lead Hyperion, he would most likely have been a target aswel.
Simply because while it lasted, the actions of Hyperion had an overall impact on the whole gameworld.

By arranging an event, something which affect more then two persons happen. And by doing it more then once, it amount simply increases.

ninogan
11-26-2010, 16:39
Holy s***

We're going to see Nino perfurme now, aren't we?

I suggest the name '^_^'

Ohhh. I want this.

Was fun doing the interview. <3 Tasha for doing that photo shoot with me this morning.

[y3]
11-26-2010, 16:47
im pregnant

Larocco
11-26-2010, 16:53
ninogan best pvper of azeroth and runaterra

Ginger Magician
11-26-2010, 16:55
The second recognized factor in darkfall by the devs, after Ginger Magician.

My interview would be much more interesting lol.

To be honest games companies never interview anyone controversial.I was never interviewed or even ever menetioned by CCP despite being the most famous player in Eve for a number of years and every dev there knew who I was and I dont expect AV to be any different although it seems they do recognize my fame from the Syncaine interview.

Ninogan is generally viewed as a community saint and all round good guy who gives DF great pr and its no surprise he was chosen for this blog.

Pretty hilarious to censor the name of Moral Online a game of maybe 500 subscribers with even more problems than DF at launch.
Rather betrayed their own insecurities there to be honest.

Grim Creaper
11-26-2010, 17:04

To be honest games companies never interview anyone controversial.I was never interviewed or even ever menetioned by CCP despite being the most famous player in Eve for a number of years and every dev there knew who I was and I dont expect AV to be any different although it seems they do recognize my fame from the Syncaine interview.

Ninogan is generally viewed as a community saint and all round good guy who gives DF great pr and its no surprise he was chosen for this blog.

Just because you are the loudest DF player, doesn't mean you are worthy of an interview.

Loudest != Most Famous

Kasmos
11-26-2010, 17:09

Pretty hilarious to censor the name of Moral Online a game of maybe 500 subscribers with even more problems than DF at launch.

It's really sad that you think so highly of yourself in this game and that you thought you were so famous in EvE. The only reason you were so famous in EvE was because of your constant bitching and moaning and your bloated ego that was undeserved, and your absolutely hysterical raging that got you banned.

It's the same thing in Darkfall. You're not known as an awesome PvPer, you're known as the most loud, annoying, and pathetic player in this game.

I'd suggest getting actually good at something in real life, maybe then you can find joy in your sad little life. I don't write this to be mean, I truly think you need help.

Laenih
11-26-2010, 17:26
We'd appreciate if this thread doesn't end in a flame-war.
Regarding the game mentioned: we didn't want to post something negative about another developer. It doesn't matter in the end what game it referred to :)

Captain Kirk
11-26-2010, 17:26
Its a trap!

Balsm
11-26-2010, 17:40
Good read! Happy to see the devs are getting more involved with the community :-)

Balsm
11-26-2010, 17:41

Your not so much intersting...annoying is the word I think :ohno:

Xathian
11-26-2010, 18:37
Ohhh. I want this.

Was fun doing the interview. <3 Tasha for doing that photo shoot with me this morning.

I propose u call it Hover turtle!

Swiftshot
11-26-2010, 18:57
We already have our Liaison eyes set on a victim on NA for our next Player Feature :)

So in other words, Umberto Finito. :p

Gelax
11-26-2010, 19:18
We'd appreciate if this thread doesn't end in a flame-war.

then Moderate Every section of these forums properly like a real company would do.
i assume there are many potential players who want to play this game but after reading all the bullshit and flaming in clan discussion they just don't want to anymore / can't be bothered with all the trashtalking.

Awesomefusion
11-26-2010, 19:20

he just gets some mousemats and his subs paid for :P its nice tho i guess

Brazlar
11-26-2010, 19:42
Ninogan's a boy?

Never woulda guessed :ninja:

ninogan
11-26-2010, 19:43
:ninja:

Fort Awesome represent. You still scrubbing around DFO Brazlar?

ISVRaDa
11-26-2010, 20:55
Nice communication with the community :)

Kasmos
11-26-2010, 21:16
then Moderate Every section of these forums properly like a real company would do.
i assume there are many potential players who want to play this game but after reading all the bullshit and flaming in clan discussion they just don't want to anymore / can't be bothered with all the trashtalking.

No, this forum is awesome because they give us freedom.

Plus, what would the clan discussion be without some brutal politics!

griM'
11-27-2010, 00:03
Congrats on the sponsorship, although zowie isn't the greatest company by far. Hopefully you can get something better soon :)

ninogan
11-27-2010, 01:30
Congrats on the sponsorship, although zowie isn't the greatest company by far. Hopefully you can get something better soon :)

Thanks ^^ I'm happy with Zowie it's just a nice bonus that comes with spending time on my hobby and I have no real plans on trying to get bigger sponsors or making movies for more mainstream games or becoming an e-sport gamer. I'm about to graduate from Uni soon and I'll be working in the game industry instead :)

Niburu
11-27-2010, 02:17
No, this forum is awesome because they give us freedom.

Plus, what would the clan discussion be without some brutal politics!

When do players understand this. Many wars start in clan discussion

AmonDominus
11-27-2010, 03:00
Ya, next Umberto plox.

Realbigdeal22
11-27-2010, 05:07
Ninogan's a boy?

Never woulda guessed :ninja:

This just ruined everything.

Paragus
11-27-2010, 07:22
Nice interview. :)

Keno
11-27-2010, 07:24
Nice interview. :)

:eek:

Zarithas
11-27-2010, 09:54
Guessing Dim Mok or Umberto.

Probably Umberto.

Actually, almost definitely Umberto.

Brazlar
11-27-2010, 10:56
Fort Awesome represent. You still scrubbing around DFO Brazlar?

Been stockpiling my Big Gun's Nino :sly:

Ready to roll as my playstyle should, in silly expensive armours. Reckon you can take em from me? :lmao:

(no, really, i'm gonna lose this stuff so fast, gulp)

ninogan
11-27-2010, 11:43
Been stockpiling my Big Gun's Nino :sly:

Ready to roll as my playstyle should, in silly expensive armours. Reckon you can take em from me? :lmao:

(no, really, i'm gonna lose this stuff so fast, gulp)

Destroyer huh? Not many of those around. I'd love to do a melee/archery duel against ya if you're up for it.

Brazlar
11-27-2010, 12:03
Sometimes Destroyer, yeah.

But actually, rolling Indestructable at the moment. It's pretty decent at times. Not always much opportunity for me ta get an edge with Destroyer, so the extra resists take the edge off when i'm being nuke kited etc. Gives me some leeway to try n get ma head down till i can manouver n strike again.

Unfortunately, i'm not fantastic, i fizzle like mad cos of the heavies, so my 1 vs 1 skills kinda blow :/

But yeah, we can duel sometime when i'm not busy trying to blow stuff up. Asset Damage Wooo!!!! :sly:

Niburu
11-27-2010, 13:05
If i would not miss all the blinds and knokcbacks and whatnot, Indy would be perfect

Beowulf Wagner
11-27-2010, 13:14
I still want the phone number of the girl wich does the *pew *pew at the end ninogans video's.

DonQuitto
11-27-2010, 13:14
Why am i not interviewd ... aah yes, im a nobody :D

Graz on the Interview Ninogan, i like your videos ^^

ninogan
11-27-2010, 13:35
Why am i not interviewd ... aah yes, im a nobody :D

Graz on the Interview Ninogan, i like your videos ^^

Thanks ♥

If i would not miss all the blinds and knokcbacks and whatnot, Indy would be perfect

I would go Destroyer/Magekiller in a heartbeat if I just had over 100 quickness. Sadly I'm at 86 :L

Tomz
11-27-2010, 13:40
Nicely put Nino-chan !

P.S. You better start swiming ! :D

manu80
11-27-2010, 13:57
Did this is girl and if yes why he spend so much time in virtual game?
I read interview - boooring. We all know most of it already. We need know some hot and secrets.

Niburu
11-27-2010, 14:23
I would go Destroyer/Magekiller in a heartbeat if I just had over 100 quickness. Sadly I'm at 86 :L

You will miss your little helperz like haste and buffs and blindzzz

ninogan
11-27-2010, 14:45
You will miss your little helperz like haste and buffs and blindzzz

I know :( My char is too bad for destro to be a smart choice atm. I definitely need my hp, str, dex etc buffs :P

Epelein
11-27-2010, 14:52
is that a player or a gm?

ahh yeah ninogirl it'S ninogal

Brazlar
11-27-2010, 16:59
Lack of buff's is why i fail :(

Still fun to roll heavy thoh n just go for it

Captain Kirk
11-28-2010, 04:04
As much as I like talking about Ninogan I would rather know if we can expect any more content 2010?

I was hoping for the new player skins and armour updates in 2010...

Angarato
11-28-2010, 05:10
sup Ninogan :P some of us myrms came to DF, havent seen you around yet tho. pretty funny to see you being E-famous here. also lol @ the fact you called your guild Get Good.. you myrmidon fanboy :P

ninogan
11-28-2010, 10:14
sup Ninogan :P some of us myrms came to DF, havent seen you around yet tho. pretty funny to see you being E-famous here. also lol @ the fact you called your guild Get Good.. you myrmidon fanboy :P

Hi Ang ^^ I met some of you down on Ruby but I've mostly been hanging around middle Agon. The world is so big it's hard to just run into someone :)

Battle Smurf
11-28-2010, 13:20

I find it hilarious that after nearly 2 years you still havn't realized how different eve and darkfall on.

You could have been decent at eve because it was all about what you were willing to risk and how long you had been playing there wasn't much player skill involved.

However in darkfall everyone knows you arn't any good and that you just beat up newbies at starter towns all day long. You havn't even experienced the actual game yet as far as most of us are concerned. I kind of feel sorry for you.

Angarato
11-28-2010, 15:02
we're mostly in the north/west of agon

Master Isaac
12-03-2010, 09:55
Nice to see some player-laison communication on the one hand but could have interviewed Joseph Aloisius Ratzinger about the catholic church on the other hand tho.

I strongly vote for interviewing Uzik on NA1.

manu80
12-03-2010, 10:41
What I need to do to get Dinner whith Ninogan? Rise my e-penis or be just bad boy in RL?