PDA

View Full Version : Gaming: what the deus, ex

raja
11-18-2010, 18:20
http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/1018/article/new-deus-ex-human-revolution-gameplay-trailer/

Scully
11-18-2010, 18:24
Looking mighty fucking sweet.

88Chaz88
11-18-2010, 18:30
Deus is latin for God. What your thread title refers to is "deuce" which other than referring to the number two in French, could also be used to refer to the devil. Hence, Stewie Griffin's "What the deuce?" Meaning "what the Devil?" Although the title Deus Ex means "God out of the..." I believe anyway.

Hope this clears up your little pun of a thread title.

Emolas
11-18-2010, 19:02
^

I'm sure it was just a wordplay......

Tenebrion
11-18-2010, 19:14
The original Deus Ex was a masterpiece. I hope this third installment recreates that quality of game.

Rachsucht
11-18-2010, 19:56
The original Deus Ex was a masterpiece. I hope this third installment recreates that quality of game.

I hope for world peace and the end of cancer and aids.

radicalhit
11-18-2010, 20:25

Yeah... some people never learn.

Tenebrion
11-18-2010, 20:35
It's cool to be jaded.

Marrik
11-18-2010, 20:44
it will no doubt be even MORE dumbed down if such a thing is possible after the pathetically dumbed down Invisible War.

even THAT was probably too complicated for the poor xbox re res

whats with the shitty cover system that every game is apparently required to have now? also, hiding from a massive explosion behind a cardboard box is dumb.

Tenebrion
11-18-2010, 20:49
it will no doubt be even MORE dumbed down if such a thing is possible after the pathetically dumbed down Invisible War.

even THAT was probably too complicated for the poor xbox re res

whats with the shitty cover system that every game is apparently required to have now? also, hiding from a massive explosion behind a cardboard box is dumb.

Honestly, I think the fact that the Invisible War was so bad, and sold so poorly, it likely has worked as motivation for the devs to create something that will get their names (and their IP's name) out of the trash-bin.

Marrik
11-18-2010, 20:54
have you been reading the interview though?

no lockpicks, no multitools, health regenerates like in COD, no more random clutter around because they want the world to be "streamlined" and xbox apparently cant handle it, and things like ATMs were removed entirely because "we are running out of time" etc...

this game is going to SUCK. i will bet money that it will suck, and when it comes out on the PC it will be painfully obvious that its a shitty xbox port even more dumbed down than the LAST xbox port.

Brother Justin
11-18-2010, 20:56
health regenerates like in COD,

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Tenebrion
11-18-2010, 20:57

no lockpicks, no multitools, health regenerates like in COD, no more random clutter around because they want the world to be "streamlined" and xbox apparently cant handle it, and things like ATMs were removed entirely because "we are running out of time" etc...

this game is going to SUCK. i will bet money that it will suck, and when it comes out on the PC it will be painfully obvious that its a shitty xbox port even more dumbed down than the LAST xbox port.

Sounds pretty terrible, then.

Marrik
11-18-2010, 20:58
exactly, and whatever other sequels may eventually be made will no doubt be more of this same dumbed down bullshit.

raja
11-18-2010, 21:10
lol /thread?

Makgyver
11-18-2010, 21:12
oh, square enix *loses hope in deus ex*

Scully
11-18-2010, 22:35

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

nizzie
11-18-2010, 23:24

Too bad, game seemed interesting at first.

MrBungle
11-19-2010, 00:59
no lockpicks, no multitools, health regenerates like in COD, no more random clutter around because they want the world to be "streamlined"

I lol'd

Shaehl
11-19-2010, 01:32
Even more telling is the terrible dialogue: "They're about to get you! You need to get out of there, fast!"

Holy shit.

MrBungle
11-19-2010, 01:40
"Who would chat with someone pointing a gun on our head?"

Surely not wanting us to think of this as a 10 year old feature...

Or truly pathetic.

MrBungle
11-19-2010, 01:43
Holy shit.

Holy shit
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18CGW9P5Y9M)

Jackhowitzer
11-19-2010, 05:21
How does health regeneration work? What will trigger it, how fast is it going to be, will it use energy?
When you take damage your health goes down. If you have being hit for "x" seconds, than it starts to regenerate somewhat slowly. It's not as quick as games like Halo or CoD. You really need to stay out of the firing zone otherwise you won't last long. When in trouble, you can use consumables (if you have any) to replenish it faster or to boost your health when it's already full.

Still thought health regen is mehish, the gameplay looks great. Hopefully it's sloooooooow.