PDA

View Full Version : Mount Farm by Neg Malwich, Solo Raider and constructive criticism!

ZtyX
11-05-2010, 20:19
Mount Farm by Neg Malwich, Solo Raider

So after reading the recent interview I spotted my good old friend Neg Malwich from Solo Raider HERE (http://www.guildofsun.com/Webnodes/cache/guildofsun.com/image_4727-scale_600x.jpg).

I just want to point out that it was I, Thaggarth Thunderfist and Deen Ziggy that came up with this great way of raising heal mount and 1H sword/mastery. The area is Loradain's citadel and it served us as an excellent training camp.

The best part of that interview is how Eli attempts to get attention to SUN in this interview (http://www.guildofsun.com/Webnodes/en/Web/SUN/News), but the developer states that Neg Malwich, a member of Solo Raider, was her most memorable player encounter experience. I hope this will prove that while SUN is able to get Tascha (a Darkfall developer) to speak privately to them to answer their own questions and we, normal community members, still cannot have a House of Commons mIRC developer chat with Claus, Tasos, Kjetil, Ricki, Henning, Mirko where we -the community- can discuss things we feel are important for us or issues we feel where the developers and the game has let us down and disappointed us entirely, and what is being done about this, and why they chose to do this in the first place, or why they have chosen NOT to allocate sufficient development towards game mechanics, features and administration tools within the game for clans and leaders or reworked or explained the current city and empire imbalances, all of these issues that are so neccesary to talk about and a bunch more I could come up with such as the poor handling of cities that remain being built and no new buildings being added, yet still the devs continue to focus much of their resources on visual improvements and other useless features - or maybe I just don't understand the point - yet, still here we are... a classic, classic moment of a Solo Raider, a small clan that marks THE most memorable moment of a Darkfall developer. Something that had more of an impact on her than any SUN member. So there you go, SUN. You are not as great as you think you are. Also, this should be a slap in your face for being disrespectful and sneaky towards Tascha in this interview, constantly pestering her with guildtags and mentioning your guild all the time, trying to get her to show favoritism. I think it is enough favouritism that she accepted your interview.

Natascha Roosli, if you are reading this. I hope you will involve yourself more in communication where ANYONE can join. Rather than this continued exclusive material where only the select few can ask questions. You have no idea how painful and irritating to the point of madness - it actually is to be part of this Darkfall community. A game where everyone has so much to say, yet the developers don't have time to listen or engage in two way communication. Lack of resources continues to be a problem, but there is no excuse for not talking with us. This blog and communication from Tasos is good, but when will I be able to ask game and development specific questions that REQUIRE a developer answer and justification. I want to hold the developers of Darkfall accountable for their actions and their direction with this game that has disappointed me so much. How am I supposed to make a giant clan and fill up multiple cities with active warriors and social players if the game continues to be broken and I have no way of knowing WHAT Aventurine even WANTS from this title? The patches of Darkfall come litterally DUMPED into our laps after over half a year of suspense (and longer) and very little information is given about the future.

Yet... still here we are. Neg Malwich from Solo Raider showing that he DID have an impact on the world with his unique playstyle, despite SUN the juggernaut SUN, who actually were a bad alliance that couldn't compete politically and got owned untill the NA server launch. Then continued to harass and cockroach on sieges that had nothing to do with them and to this day, they have the nerve to ask for craftable portal shards and nexus parts. This is ludacris! We are trying to move towards a more local Darkfall with local economy and people actually FILLING UP their cities. Yet, here we have SUN completely confusing and contradicting the movement others in the community try to work towards (Zaffa and Keno for example).

It makes me angry that we continue to have this monologue. And the neverending SHOUTING that never penetrates the developers. So many topics locked and so many discussions go by without KNOWING what the developers even think of most of it.

We need to talk with the developers, because frankly this game is a failure of our expectations. It is a mess and we have a lot of questions we need to process. Where are we headed, what can we expect from the future and why are going in a particular direction rather than another. ... Again, while it may score you extra re-subscribers when you launch with a surprise patch and new content, it also costs you many subscribers when you don't talk about future plans and don't process the concerns and questions of your community.

Celiah Ailey

Canra
11-05-2010, 20:27
Sun sun sun

MaxEvil
11-05-2010, 20:28
Hej celiah! <3

CattBoy
11-05-2010, 20:29
We need to talk with the developers, because frankly this game is a failure of our expectations. It is a mess and we have a lot of questions we need to process. Where are we headed, what can we expect from the future and why are going in a particular direction rather than another. ... Again, while it may score you extra re-subscribers when you launch with a surprise patch and new content, it also costs you many subscribers when you don't talk about future plans and don't process the concerns and questions of your community.

Celiah Ailey

Yeah!

kangbang
11-05-2010, 20:31
hi cattboy

The Undertaker
11-05-2010, 20:31
SUNfall

Silverberg
11-05-2010, 20:32
The hours spent in that volcano... wooh :sly:

Jonte912
11-05-2010, 20:32
true, true

Cunning
11-05-2010, 20:40
We're always one step behind him, he's Brian Eno!

Makgyver
11-05-2010, 20:52
chill dude:ohno:

CattBoy
11-05-2010, 21:19
hi cattboy

HJAHAHAAHAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

mjmadskillz
11-05-2010, 21:21
http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/38922/End%20Of.mp3

dam carebear orgies!!!

Nashtak
11-05-2010, 21:33
I signed

paxprobellum
11-05-2010, 21:53
tldr.

what does the rant have to do with mounts?

Nashtak
11-05-2010, 22:25
tldr.

what does the rant have to do with mounts?

Awww. You are just Preciuuuz!1!! <3

CerealKillers
11-05-2010, 22:34
Fire kick!

droidika
11-05-2010, 23:56
chill

you need to have a sub running to talk to the devs you know?
:lmao:

Realbigdeal22
11-06-2010, 01:24
So this prove that the devs are playing the game, but are no where ready to pvp lol. This is why the grind sux so much, even devs cant see it since they dont got enough time to get there.

Semorath
11-06-2010, 08:35
What a prick you are Celiah!

If you read the interview then you seen the lenghts Tascha took in order to make clear that they (devs) don't get involved in politics or favour anyone.

It's idiots like you that suppress any form of communication from the devs other than the `official` pr policy and we seen how thats like with Av.

I hope Tascha won't get in trouble because of your stupid trolling post.

dracoz
11-06-2010, 08:58
What a prick you are Celiah!

If you read the interview then you seen the lenghts Tascha took in order to make clear that they (devs) don't get involved in politics or favour anyone.

It's idiots like you that suppress any form of communication from the devs other than the `official` pr policy and we seen how thats like with Av.

I hope Tascha won't get in trouble because of your stupid trolling post.

pretty much this...
Celiah the nub the retard the QQing master of universe :p

btw where are the colors you don't whine in rainbow colors any more?

Virindii
11-06-2010, 09:44
TRUE Celiah Ailey!

sc0r0wnz
11-06-2010, 10:17
Exposing truth since '97

Hippie Virtus
11-06-2010, 10:59
How has the population fared since the beginning of this year?

Frederikcola
11-06-2010, 11:01
hahaahahahahahahahahaaahhahahaha........ .............................

ahahaahahahah

Numz dePimche
11-06-2010, 11:09
The best part of that interview is how Eli attempts to get attention to SUN [...]

I wonder who is trying to get attention to... nice WoT Celiah.

Frank sinatra[SUN]
11-06-2010, 11:14
Celiah i dont think your critique is fair.

First of all this was a interview that was about Calfadar, with tascha who in this regard was a worldbuilder.

There is no way we get game mechanics or future plans questions answered in interviews like this, and as you see we actually did try to slip a few questions in which we obviously didnt get a answer on a single one.

Its not like the alternative to a interview like this is in fact developer roundtables, q&a's and so on.

So i kinda think its unfair to project you anger of the lack of Dev roundtables into the 2 girls who made this.

In fact i think its really cool that she took the time to answer some questions about our main city. We did concider keeping it internal to avoid the thrashing we knew would come but we simply beleived that the interview could be interesting for people outside Sun, and if anyone else got small interviews with worldbuilders i know id love to read them.

It seems you have been gone for a long time though (do you even have a account?), because aventurine is making a historically large amount of info to the players currently.
Every friday there has been a update, as well as massive news on facebook and their blog - and information is simply flowing more than ever.

Then some of us can be dissapointed that we dont get the info we want, but there is coming more info than ever before.

Krucial
11-06-2010, 11:18
Mount Farm by Neg Malwich, Solo Raider

So after reading the recent interview I spotted my good old friend Neg Malwich from Solo Raider HERE (http://www.guildofsun.com/Webnodes/cache/guildofsun.com/image_4727-scale_600x.jpg).

I just want to point out that it was I, Thaggarth Thunderfist and Deen Ziggy that came up with this great way of raising heal mount and 1H sword/mastery. The area is Loradain's citadel and it served us as an excellent training camp.

The best part of that interview is how Eli attempts to get attention to SUN in this interview (http://www.guildofsun.com/Webnodes/en/Web/SUN/News), but the developer states that Neg Malwich, a member of Solo Raider, was her most memorable player encounter experience. I hope this will prove that while SUN is able to get Tascha (a Darkfall developer) to speak privately to them to answer their own questions and we, normal community members, still cannot have a House of Commons mIRC developer chat with Claus, Tasos, Kjetil, Ricki, Henning, Mirko where we -the community- can discuss things we feel are important for us or issues we feel where the developers and the game has let us down and disappointed us entirely, and what is being done about this, and why they chose to do this in the first place, or why they have chosen NOT to allocate sufficient development towards game mechanics, features and administration tools within the game for clans and leaders or reworked or explained the current city and empire imbalances, all of these issues that are so neccesary to talk about and a bunch more I could come up with such as the poor handling of cities that remain being built and no new buildings being added, yet still the devs continue to focus much of their resources on visual improvements and other useless features - or maybe I just don't understand the point - yet, still here we are... a classic, classic moment of a Solo Raider, a small clan that marks THE most memorable moment of a Darkfall developer. Something that had more of an impact on her than any SUN member. So there you go, SUN. You are not as great as you think you are. Also, this should be a slap in your face for being disrespectful and sneaky towards Tascha in this interview, constantly pestering her with guildtags and mentioning your guild all the time, trying to get her to show favoritism. I think it is enough favouritism that she accepted your interview.

Natascha Roosli, if you are reading this. I hope you will involve yourself more in communication where ANYONE can join. Rather than this continued exclusive material where only the select few can ask questions. You have no idea how painful and irritating to the point of madness - it actually is to be part of this Darkfall community. A game where everyone has so much to say, yet the developers don't have time to listen or engage in two way communication. Lack of resources continues to be a problem, but there is no excuse for not talking with us. This blog and communication from Tasos is good, but when will I be able to ask game and development specific questions that REQUIRE a developer answer and justification. I want to hold the developers of Darkfall accountable for their actions and their direction with this game that has disappointed me so much. How am I supposed to make a giant clan and fill up multiple cities with active warriors and social players if the game continues to be broken and I have no way of knowing WHAT Aventurine even WANTS from this title? The patches of Darkfall come litterally DUMPED into our laps after over half a year of suspense (and longer) and very little information is given about the future.

Yet... still here we are. Neg Malwich from Solo Raider showing that he DID have an impact on the world with his unique playstyle, despite SUN the juggernaut SUN, who actually were a bad alliance that couldn't compete politically and got owned untill the NA server launch. Then continued to harass and cockroach on sieges that had nothing to do with them and to this day, they have the nerve to ask for craftable portal shards and nexus parts. This is ludacris! We are trying to move towards a more local Darkfall with local economy and people actually FILLING UP their cities. Yet, here we have SUN completely confusing and contradicting the movement others in the community try to work towards (Zaffa and Keno for example).

It makes me angry that we continue to have this monologue. And the neverending SHOUTING that never penetrates the developers. So many topics locked and so many discussions go by without KNOWING what the developers even think of most of it.

Celiah Ailey

This game is a failure for you Celiah that isn't playing, not for me.

The game isn't perfect, however is a very nice game.

Old times strikes back, Celiah QQing in the forums.

ZtyX
11-06-2010, 17:36
Let's look at some questions that you asked the Darkfall developer in this interview:

"Eli: When you today see the city and SUN, which built their empire with this city as base, what do you feel about it?"
"Eli: When you were hiding and looking at people, have you ever seen something absolutely funny, especially from SUN members?"

"Eli: The picture is epic! :) ... Which SUN you would like to meet?"These questions were asked after the Darkfall developer specifically stated that the Darkfall developers do not show favouritism to people, groups or clans in Darkfall.

"Tsalarian: On behalf of Machinist, I would like to ask if it’s possible for you to make a statue of my character (Tsalarian) and place it in a prominent spot in Calfardar? ;)

Tascha: Haha sneaky! Well..it's important to us that the community knows we are not involved in the game politically, or show any kind of favouritism to people, groups or clans in Darkfall. Which means this request goes directly against our believe. I always liked the idea of players having the opportunity to get their own status in a big city, though. If I remember correctly the idea was tossed around that we might do big events such as official tournaments and whoever wins would get a statue in the main racial city. We do have a lot of ideas but as always, time and man-power are more the hindrance than actually coming up with good ideas."
And my critique is not fair, hmm?... uhm, I think not. I think it's pretty hilarious and obvious that you try to push your own agenda even on this occasion. You have always been drenched in selfishness and self-interest no matter the need anyone has had around you. Be it an opportunity to pull information from the devs or any type of request for help in the game world. It's never about anything or anyone except SUN. Here's a final quote:

"I think everybody will understand, that we now will use the possibility to ask you some questions, that are interesting for SUN members:"

Your clan lacks solidarity for the rest of the Darkfall community.

Holmis
11-06-2010, 18:01
Your clan lacks solidarity for the rest of the Darkfall community.

Everyone just thinks so because their vision is so clouded by their tears, but I would actually bet that apart from NEW we are the clan who has done most for the community.

Sorenal
11-06-2010, 18:18
I hope this will prove that while SUN is able to get Tascha (a Darkfall developer) to speak privately to them to answer their own questions and we, normal community members, still cannot have a House of Commons mIRC developer chat with Claus, Tasos, Kjetil, Ricki, Henning, Mirko where we -the community- can discuss things we feel are important for us or issues we feel where the developers and the game has let us down and disappointed us entirely, and what is being done about this, and why they chose to do this in the first place, or why they have chosen NOT to allocate sufficient development towards game mechanics, features and administration tools within the game for clans and leaders or reworked or explained the current city and empire imbalances, all of these issues that are so neccesary to talk about and a bunch more I could come up with such as the poor handling of cities that remain being built and no new buildings being added, yet still the devs continue to focus much of their resources on visual improvements and other useless features - or maybe I just don't understand the point - yet, still here we are... a classic, classic moment of a Solo Raider, a small clan that marks THE most memorable moment of a Darkfall developer.

Do you realize that this is ONE sentence and do you really expect ppl to read this? :lmao:

Lictor
11-06-2010, 18:27
Everyone just thinks so because their vision is so clouded by their tears, but I would actually bet that apart from NEW we are the clan who has done most for the community.

I'd bet that Osium, if he was here, would say the same about TheMercs. :rolleyes:

MaxEvil
11-06-2010, 18:28
dude... just come the fuck back to the game... Right!? :D CMON!!! COME BACK!!!

Du kan ikke bare sidde på sidelinjen og fede den af mens vi andre knokler for at vedligeholde battlehornens standard!,

...KOM NU LIGE IND I KAMPEN!!!!!!!!!! <3

Forker
11-06-2010, 18:46

lol@sun

It's a shame this interview was marred by SUN members pushing an agenda. Frank begging for craftable portal shards was one such example of wasting her time with pettiness.

Wreatch
11-06-2010, 19:01
+1

bobii
11-06-2010, 19:07
pathetic SUN scrubs