PDA

View Full Version : Let your voice be heard! Courtesy of Pallist

Thraiax
09-21-2010, 15:08
Pallist (http://forums.darkfallonline.com/member.php?u=115519) from the NA server has graciously asked us to spread the news that he is hosting a public Ventrilo channel for anybody interested. He has purchased the channel for a year so there will be a lot of time to chatter and gab for anybody interested! All races welcome to use the channel be it to find groups, organize events or just banter with fellow Agonians.

The channel details are as follows:

titanium.typefrag.com
Port: 19981

and the Ventrilo software can be downloaded here. (http://www.typefrag.com/services/ventrilo-download/)

Darkfiend#billy
09-21-2010, 15:10
Pallist (http://forums.darkfallonline.com/member.php?u=115519) from the NA server has graciously asked us to spread the news that he is hosting a public Ventrilo channel for anybody interested. He has purchased the channel for a year so there will be a lot of time to chatter and gab for anybody interested! All races welcome to use the channel be it to find groups, organize events or just banter with fellow Agonians.

The channel details are as follows:

titanium.typefrag.com

and the Ventrilo software can be downloaded here. (http://www.typefrag.com/services/ventrilo-download/)

Not expansion related, but still very interesting to know!

Kimoshu
09-21-2010, 15:13
Thank you Pallist! That's very generous of you to offer a public ventrilo for everyone!

-Andrew

Laxe
09-21-2010, 15:14
does it have unlimited player slots? if not useless

Suncross
09-21-2010, 15:18
Wow I am the only nerd in here atm.

DeadlyHit
09-21-2010, 15:23

Back up?

topets123
09-21-2010, 15:26
Thanks

Signus
09-21-2010, 15:27

Still very early for many of us :)

thecool444
09-21-2010, 15:42
Awesome. I am hoping Ginger magician goes in sometimes.

JuJu142
09-21-2010, 15:46
Interesting. Will be sitting in here til the BS starts if any new guys have questions about the game!

Mifun
09-21-2010, 15:48
Awesome. I am hoping Ginger magician goes in sometimes.

What for? It's NA ventrilo server.

Patriota
09-21-2010, 15:50
Nice one Pallist.

Umberto
09-21-2010, 16:07
Sweet sauce

peertje
09-21-2010, 16:09
cool initiative

thecool444
09-21-2010, 16:16
What for? It's NA ventrilo server.

Where does it say that it's an NA vent server? The guy hosting it may be on NA but that doesn't mean it is only NA players allowed.

Lord Jenicus
09-21-2010, 16:31
Where does it say that it's an NA vent server? The guy hosting it may be on NA but that doesn't mean it is only NA players allowed.

Kinda depends where the server is hosted...

GRCPan
09-21-2010, 17:10
Cheesy title is cheesy

smackyou
09-21-2010, 17:38
quite nice, :)

kil_2k
09-21-2010, 18:32
Kinda depends where the server is hosted...

Only if you're connecting to the internet using a rock and a piece of string.

Tenebrion
09-21-2010, 18:55
Nice idea. Hopefully it takes off.

Kasmos
09-21-2010, 19:12
Only if you're connecting to the internet using a rock and a piece of string.

I laughed out loud.

paxprobellum
09-21-2010, 19:12
Interesting idea.

Pallist has an interesting post history (http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=204145, eg)

Cunning
09-21-2010, 19:59
Interesting idea.

Pallist has an interesting post history (http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=204145, eg)

I like grape jelly

griM'
09-21-2010, 21:44
Few people in here have admin, and those that do don't fuck around. So mind your p's and q's.

Pallist
09-21-2010, 22:49
does it have unlimited player slots? if not useless

I will upgrade the slots as needed.

This goes a bit with the answer above. Player slots = money, so I am supporting just the server I play on. The server is hosted out of New York.

Interesting idea.

Haha, nice digging up an old post. Back before the NA server was even released. Sorry, back then the idea of 12 guys boxing in Hobgoblin Vets didn't float my boat. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG_SPybJXaU&feature=player_embedded )

Enjoy the server everyone. Happy to see it mentioned here.

Varner
09-21-2010, 23:06
I'd say darkfall just need's Group Voice settings, text in a setting like Darkfall just isn't efficient. Reason being the game can be too fast paced more often than not and the time it takes to type + the time for your teammate's reaction could be the difference between life or death (in-game). Only thing I'd reccomend is if it were added don't slack on the quality of voice clarity. Quite a few companies just throw a crap voice system in there game to say they have it.

2 Examples of bad quality and clarity
- World of Warcraft
- Dungeons and Dragons Online
- Mumble (Omfg I hate this VOIP Service yeah it supposedly consumes less bandwidth but it's a piece of crap.)

A few good examples
-Vent (This one's low on the totem poll it's good but by far not as clear as skype or secondlife's VOIP services)

What would be a neat optional feature for those who want a bit of immersion though is directional voice.

empa
09-21-2010, 23:08
Judging by the title i thought they would have made new ways to get your voice heard to the developers. Possibly an irc channel where they might have some Q&A sometime..

Shioni
09-22-2010, 00:44
What would be a neat optional feature for those who want a bit of immersion though is directional voice.

You mean like this?

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=260328

Ad√Ľn_East
09-22-2010, 01:54
Humorous title, almost sounds like it has anything to do with the players being heard by the devs.

DeManiac
09-22-2010, 03:42
You mean like this?

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=260328

This would have so awesum effects on the world :D
Would fix all the issues with people being unable to talk to eachother, especially their server technology already being done there with 700 users / server and allot of servers tied together.

Kilo
09-22-2010, 04:53
A big thank you to Pallist, love the vent. Big help to new players like me :)

paxprobellum
09-22-2010, 05:58
Haha, nice digging up an old post. Back before the NA server was even released.

Ah, didn't realize it was 14 months old. Just clicked through the link to your profile from the OP and then to topics you started. It was close to the top (5th, apparently). Anyway, it IS kinda funny. Glad you are supporting DF once more! :)

drogan
09-22-2010, 06:18
sounds like a good move hope it has 200+ slots

Indestructible
09-22-2010, 12:30
Humorous title, almost sounds like it has anything to do with the players being heard by the devs.

lmao <3

thecool444
09-22-2010, 12:38
Come on people, get in. Only me and 2 other guys in and they arn't talking.

CattBoy
09-22-2010, 15:30
titanium.typefrag.com

Great. Will developers be ever be on the server to "hear our voices"?

Grim Creaper
09-22-2010, 21:34
Great. Will developers be ever be on the server to "hear our voices"?

Yeah, that's the last place in the world you would catch a developer.

{Let me join this global vent, so I can hear all of these "great" idea's everyone has to tell me.}

Bored
09-23-2010, 04:41
Decided to check this out, mostly to bug Pallist a bit, there were a decent few people in there today and apparently a few regulars now. Seems a great thing for small clans/groups or solo players as it's an easy point to communicate where some pvpers were spotted or to find a group to do some pvp/pve. There's also a silent channel which I can see being a good place to drop in if ya wanna be in the vent and your clans at the same time. Overall good job, hopefully this takes off and some people help ya pay the costs.

CownoseCat
09-23-2010, 05:48
Awesome, I love it thank you for this great gift to the DarkFall community!

Ginger Magician
09-27-2010, 04:34
The legend may make an appearance in this.

Past experiences on clan ventrilos have been pretty amusing so wait and see.

Corp-Por
09-27-2010, 08:54

Dude it's a game, you're not a legend, you're just a player in a very small community that's had a few people make posts about you due to your early success with short cuts available to character development at start of DF and your perfection of nuke spam macros using a small hitbox character. Sitting at a computer just playing an online game where time investment (exploiting early bugs) is the winning factor is nothing to stick your chest out about. Now if you were a solider that's come back from Afghanistan it would be justified for you to beat your chest the way you are, but you're just a fuck wit who plays computers and the type of attention you're getting are by those jumping on the bandwagon pointing the figure and laughing at your delusions of grandeur.

I take it your Surrey mansion is a hint to the DF community your able to play games all day because you think your considerably richer than everybody else who plays DF? I heard you were an much older player? I shocked when I heard this as the impression of your posts gives the idea of a much younger mind. Drop the Ginger Minge act and just play the game and people might just respect you as a fellow player here to have fun and not keep going about like you're the alpha virtual male of DF. When most people log off and go to their lives they're not thinking of you in this game that's for sure.

thecool444
09-27-2010, 12:37

I am not leaving that vent starting now.

The Kebab
09-28-2010, 16:17
go go go everyone get on it now

Hyperion roach
09-28-2010, 16:58
Dude it's a game, you're not a legend, you're just a player in a very small community that's had a few people make posts about you due to your early success with short cuts available to character development at start of DF and your perfection of nuke spam macros using a small hitbox character. Sitting at a computer just playing an online game where time investment (exploiting early bugs) is the winning factor is nothing to stick your chest out about. Now if you were a solider that's come back from Afghanistan it would be justified for you to beat your chest the way you are, but you're just a fuck wit who plays computers and the type of attention you're getting are by those jumping on the bandwagon pointing the figure and laughing at your delusions of grandeur.

I take it your Surrey mansion is a hint to the DF community your able to play games all day because you think your considerably richer than everybody else who plays DF? I heard you were an much older player? I shocked when I heard this as the impression of your posts gives the idea of a much younger mind. Drop the Ginger Minge act and just play the game and people might just respect you as a fellow player here to have fun and not keep going about like you're the alpha virtual male of DF. When most people log off and go to their lives they're not thinking of you in this game that's for sure.

THIS. Unfortunatly ginger is to thick to understand a word of it.

Blue Chicken
09-30-2010, 05:00
Its cool guys. I spammed them.

Crindle
09-30-2010, 05:44

Cor Por made me cry and this isn't even about me.

Way to lay the truth out for him.

daviddwilson
10-03-2010, 11:07
Not expansion related, but still very interesting to know!

Thank you Pallist! That's very generous of you to offer a public ventrilo for everyone!

chokke
10-03-2010, 13:28
sounds like a good move hope it has 200+ slots

Why would the whole DF population be on one ventrilo?:ninja:

Mad Dog
10-03-2010, 16:39

Oo he just wiped his ass with your face!

Hooch McPooch
10-04-2010, 05:10
Lmfao

The Dragonbane
10-06-2010, 17:50
great time to use this Q_Q

Machinistlol
10-06-2010, 17:53
great time to use this Q_Q

when i get back eu your on my hitlist

PostManPat
10-06-2010, 17:54