PDA

View Full Version : Thief 3: Deadly Shadows

Marrik
09-10-2010, 05:17
just got it and installed it. im very dissapointed, it seems to have been dumbed down considerably for consoles :( which i should have seen coming, but i guess i was clinging to a fools hope.

apparently Thief 4 (Thi4f, they are calling it -_-) is in early development, and although it isnt being made by the same studio as 3, it also isnt being made by Looking Glass, who made the first 2 awesome IMO Thief games

anybody else fans of the Thief series, and do you think 4 will suck?

Muscalu
09-10-2010, 07:53
just got it and installed it. im very dissapointed, it seems to have been dumbed down considerably for consoles :( which i should have seen coming, but i guess i was clinging to a fools hope.

apparently Thief 4 (Thi4f, they are calling it -_-) is in early development, and although it isnt being made by the same studio as 3, it also isnt being made by Looking Glass, who made the first 2 awesome IMO Thief games

anybody else fans of the Thief series, and do you think 4 will suck?

Just last night I installed Thief Gold, wanna finish them all again. About thief 4 can't tell you much, I haven't given it a read. Will check it out.

Melkorus
09-10-2010, 09:20
I loved all 3 releases. Thief 3 had a storyline that I really really loved, even tho the gameplay was dumbed down. It was still a good playthrough. I don't know anything about 4, except that I expected it to be out by now lol. I'm gonna play it when it comes out, of that I'm sure. Big thief fan here.

Odium
09-10-2010, 11:11
Thifourf and Deus Ex 2 are basically my last hopes for the fps genre to be anything other than a "fuck yeah let's shoot a bunch of shit!" experience.

Marrik
09-10-2010, 17:36
Deus Ex 2 is already out, has been for years. i enjoyed it because it was my first in the Deus Ex series, but my understanding is that it was considerably dumbed down from the original, again for Xbox kiddies -_-

Bissen
09-10-2010, 17:46
PLaying thief on a console is like playing with your dick. Only your dick is torn off...

nizzie
09-10-2010, 17:52
Deus Ex 2 is already out, has been for years. i enjoyed it because it was my first in the Deus Ex series, but my understanding is that it was considerably dumbed down from the original, again for Xbox kiddies -_-

I'm sure he's talking about the new upcoming Deus Ex. Revolution or whatever it's called.

Marrik
09-10-2010, 17:58
i just downloaded Thief 1 and 2, and im shocked at how much better the level design was 12 years ago

also, i hate that they removed the sword/rope arrows/ability to beat people up and hold them under water until they drown

Brannoc
09-10-2010, 22:31
1 was my favorite by a pretty wide margin but 2 wasn't bad...three wasn't even remotely like the others and I couldn't really get into it much. Same deal for Deus Ex 2.

With any luck a return to the basics with Thief 4 will help, but you can bet it will be a cross platform game, which will limit its amount of awesome.

Odium
09-11-2010, 00:10
I'm sure he's talking about the new upcoming Deus Ex. Revolution or whatever it's called.

Yeah sorry was talking about Deus Ex 3. Invisible War was pretty meh.

Scully
09-11-2010, 00:25
I played it for the Orphanage part. Didn't disappoint. Quit after that though.