PDA

View Full Version : [HOGG] Pure Skill #11

SixthtrumpHOGG
08-26-2010, 03:31
It's a good thing this game is based purely on skill.

Inside the mind of a Gimp volume 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeiePpLGXuE)

HOGG4LIFE

GRCPan
08-26-2010, 03:44
Awesome as usual

Outcast Merch
08-26-2010, 03:49

HOGG4LIFE

I want to be you. /creep

MuggsyRunt
08-26-2010, 04:05
This was great! Who the hell cares about the trial gimps?

$id Viciou$
08-26-2010, 22:50

HOGG4LIFE

You know you should be out grinding your skills/stats instead of wasting time griefing trial players. Every time I come across someone from HOGG they fall more pathetically than the trial player that you are knocking around . ..

I've seen a few others get butthurt about this game enough to grief trial players until they quit. These folks were pretty whiny . .. especially when they die. Griefing new players is definitely not as fun as taking some risks and winning worthy opponents. I suggest getting some balls.

Jathen
08-26-2010, 22:55
you know you should be out grinding your skills/stats instead of wasting time griefing trial players. Every time i come across someone from hogg they fall more pathetically than the trial player that you are knocking around . ..

I've seen a few others get butthurt about this game enough to grief trial players until they quit. These folks were pretty whiny . .. Especially when they die. Griefing new players is definitely not as fun as taking some risks and winning worthy opponents. I suggest getting some balls.

thats right sid fight to the bitter end! Yeaaaaaaa

Trammie
08-26-2010, 23:17
You know you should be out grinding your skills/stats instead of wasting time griefing trial players.

why does sid vicious get to decide what people should do? they have fun playing while you QQ on the forums about others having fun?

are you mad cause games no fun for you?

$id Viciou$
08-27-2010, 00:03
why does sid vicious get to decide what people should do? they have fun playing while you QQ on the forums about others having fun?

I'm mad because I want to kill someone and take their shit but people like this usually have garbage when they go out and I am waiting for people to come into the game and bring me worthy loot.

These guys are fucking up other people's opportunities to get better loot.

Fuck them.

They should be out taking a risk or earning better gear for me to loot at least.

There are probably reds outside looking for a fight but the only orcs around are some douchebags griefing trial players so there is nobody to be found and they waste time riding around.

bongloads
08-27-2010, 00:04

I believe he's just helping out by giving an example of behavior that is exhibited by people who don't have emotional problems, as sort of a guide-to-life to help HOGG players and people like you.

Realbigdeal22
08-27-2010, 00:12
You know you should be out grinding your skills/stats instead of wasting time griefing trial players. Every time I come across someone from HOGG they fall more pathetically than the trial player that you are knocking around . ..

I've seen a few others get butthurt about this game enough to grief trial players until they quit. These folks were pretty whiny . .. especially when they die. Griefing new players is definitely not as fun as taking some risks and winning worthy opponents. I suggest getting some balls.

So you dont respect players with their own goal of playing DF other then grinding???

MortalZero
08-27-2010, 00:22
So you dont respect players with their own goal of playing DF other then grinding???

Please, you know people with trial shield take no damage, so tell me whats the goal on attack them and whats the honorable part in it.

Its possible to do it yea, but shitting and sleeping in your bed is possible too, should you do it ?

Umki Bloodsoul
08-27-2010, 00:26
they have fun playing while you QQ on the forums about others having fun?
Nobody told you guy that such "fun", on the costs of others, is not called "fun", it is called "mischieve".

If you do this constantly to others in RL they are putting you in, either the madhouse because you have some psychological disorder. Or in the jail, because you harass people.

Beside that in the EULA of DFO (https://accounts.eu.darkfallonline.com/account/tos.php) such behavior is prohibited:

8. In Game and in World Conduct.

i. While playing Darkfall online, you must respect the rights of others and their rights to play and enjoy the game.

ii. You may not defraud, harass, threaten, or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other players within the Game, the World or on the official Darkfall online web sites.

So I wonder why these guys are still playing and not getting banned.

I'd see you laughing and having fun while being grief-killed, knockbacked around all the time, for hours. Moron.

Realbigdeal22
08-27-2010, 00:41
Please, you know people with trial shield take no damage, so tell me whats the goal on attack them and whats the honorable part in it.

Its possible to do it yea, but shitting and sleeping in your bed is possible too, should you do it ?

Im not saying that what Hogg are doing is good, but in a sandbox mmorpg, telling someone that he should be grinding on stats/skills instead of playing in the sand the way he want kind of defeat the purpose of the whole sandbox.

For your question, my answer is, whats the point of playing without enjoying the game? The way Hogg are playing, seem like they are having fun shitting on these players. It sound even more funnier when you hear these poor players whining because they are being killed.

Sid should be happy to see that some players are able to make their own content in DF and focus on that instead of being mad and calling someone pussy across his Internet Cable. Me, if i get back in game Right after the expansion, i might play solo and do the same by killing newb's only. That way, i don't need to grind only to kill vets.

Irenor
08-27-2010, 01:00
Nobody told you guy that such "fun", on the costs of others, is not called "fun", it is called "mischieve".

If you do this constantly to others in RL they are putting you in, either the madhouse because you have some psychological disorder. Or in the jail, because you harass people.

Beside that in the EULA of DFO (https://accounts.eu.darkfallonline.com/account/tos.php) such behavior is prohibited:

So I wonder why these guys are still playing and not getting banned.

It's excessive griefing, and using the current mechanics in-game to be able to do what they want. Harassing in an Open FFA PvP Game with Full Loot would only be considered Harassing if you were to PM the user, and excessively trash talk to said user whenever he's online, etc.

Either way, they aren't really "Exploiting" but using the current mechanics to act like assholes and since AV has no plan whatsoever to change the alignement system (regardless of what the Q&A says, I think it's BS)....this type of action will remain legal (griefing new players, even if under Protection)

Jungle Ranger
08-27-2010, 02:45
Me, if i get back in game Right after the expansion, i might play solo and do the same by killing newb's only. That way, i don't need to grind only to kill vets.

This!

Whatever a player's idea of getting the most of their money's worth out of this game then so be it let them do it!

Skizzix
08-27-2010, 03:09
That is...intensely pathetic.

Dufer
08-27-2010, 03:21
Lol what's funny is if sixth actually would be in a clan or get outa the blue cities he'd get stomped into the ground. I think it's ironic a Gimp calling others a gimp while he continues to be a gimp himself

Umki Bloodsoul
08-27-2010, 04:04
but in a sandbox mmorpg
Darkfall is, unfortunately, not a sandbox mmo. And of course neither a "RPG" because "Role Playing" did already die a lonely dead in Darkfall.
And as your signature already confirms, there is alot of "sand" missing. Currently it is just the frame of a sandbox.

If you define "sandbox" by FFA Full Loot Open PvP, then you could also call "Mount & Blade: Warband" multiplayer mode a "sandbox."

And no, "Fun Hulks" and "Placeable Flags" won't change that.

For your question, my answer is, whats the point of playing without enjoying the game? The way Hogg are playing, seem like they are having fun shitting on these players.
Counter question: Whats the point of playing ONLY to grief others?

These guys got a tiny piece of a fragment of control and power over others and abuse it to the maximum. They need to stomp helpless victims in the ground to feel big. Questionable?

It sound even more funnier when you hear these poor players whining because they are being killed.
Yea, it must be really funny to ruin other peoples experiences only to feel better for yourself.

Sid should be happy to see that some players are able to make their own content in DF
You really call this "content"? If yes, ok. Everyone as he likes. But why FRAPS it and put it on the internet? It is like making & watching videos of people torturing animals.

and focus on that instead of being mad and calling someone pussy across his Internet Cable.
These guys basically do this, but on another level.

Me, if i get back in game Right after the expansion, i might play solo and do the same by killing newb's only. That way, i don't need to grind only to kill vets.
Yes, but that doesn't stop vets from killing you.

And I bet $50 you cry a river to the first vets who roflstomped and drylooted your grave with banded armor and R40 Dwarven Zweihander.

Then you continue like that, getting over and over again roflstomped and make a thread on forumfall how mean this game is and that you have no chance without grinding.

Because that you already implied in this statement.

Anyway, I think I care too much for these HOGG morons and giving them what they want to achieve with such threads: Attention.

Ymgarl
08-27-2010, 04:13
Don't forget everyone, every "Trial gimp"'s unpaid subscription and real-life time is worth 2 playing "HOGG" players' paid subscription and real-life time. Just a note.

Realbigdeal22
08-27-2010, 05:11
You really call this "content"? If yes, ok. Everyone as he likes. But why FRAPS it and put it on the internet? It is like making & watching videos of people torturing animals.
Its simply an other activity they do in their free time. Why do you post in the forum yourself?

These guys basically do this, but on another level.
On the lvl of Playing and making videos instead of posting on the forum. All they do is post their videos and fuck off.

Yes, but that doesn't stop vets from killing you.

You right, but i dont want to come home from work everyday and force myself to grind simply because its the least i can do. Killing newb's instead is an other activity the sandbox offer me. You speak like i dont even want to kill a vet. I simply wont kill myself only to get to that level.

And I bet $50 you cry a river to the first vets who roflstomped and drylooted your grave with banded armor and R40 Dwarven Zweihander.
They are exactly the reason i want to jump on newb's only so i dont force myself to mindlessly grind. Is the game dedicated fro mindless grinder or what?

Anyway, I think I care too much for these HOGG morons and giving them what they want to achieve with such threads: Attention.

They currently give enough attention to let you know where they are. Go ahead and kill them.

Umki Bloodsoul
08-27-2010, 06:16
Its simply an other activity they do in their free time. Why do you post in the forum yourself?
What has posting in the internet forum to do with griefing newbies until they quit and make videos from it?

People playing only for the reason to ruin others gaming experience just have no honor, no balls, no skill, nothing. They are pity empty souls in my eyes.

You should try to get the point that you're still interacting and communicating with living people in a society here and not soul- and mindless AI mobs who can't give a shit.

On the lvl of Playing and making videos instead of posting on the forum. All they do is post their videos and fuck off.
Ok. So you agree that these HOGG people are "mad and calling someone pussy across his Internet Cable" "on the lvl of playing and making videos" and post them, instead of posting on the forum? :idea: :rolleyes:

You right, but i dont want to come home from work everyday and force myself to grind simply because its the least i can do. Killing newb's instead is an other activity the sandbox offer me. You speak like i dont even want to kill a vet. I simply wont kill myself only to get to that level.
We're not talking about "killing newbs" here. That is not a problem. We're talking about "griefing newbs." This means your only goal is to find players and ruin their gaming experience until they logoff - Then you go and find other players to do the same.

They are exactly the reason i want to jump on newb's only so i dont force myself to mindlessly grind.
Well, you sound like you know from experience how it feels to be roflstomped in Darkfall without having a slight chance. And still you support HOGG?

Is the game dedicated fro mindless grinder or what?
Personally I think there is not much grind left in Darkfall. Only if you want to have all magic schools at a high level as soon as possible to participate in the WoF+Ray-Spamfest Darkfall becomes a ridiculous grind. Otherwise with the current HP fix and stat / skill gains you can be viable in 3-4 months of casual playtime.

Every game with character progression has some kind of grind. It really doesn't matter if you grind levels by farming XP trough (repeatable) quests or battlegrounds until you're max level and continue grinding for the best possible equipment. Or if your personal set goal is to level that Fireball spell from 25 to 50 in the next days/weeks. Or your Archery or Dagger skill.

Darkfall is no FPS Online Shooter and no Mount & Blade: Warband where you don't have and need any character progression.

They currently give enough attention to let you know where they are. Go ahead and kill them.
Unfortunately HOGG plays on US. :(

Realbigdeal22
08-27-2010, 08:11
your 1st top question, you make videos about it to show off. Nothing further. I mean, you dont need to be smart to know that. So why all these rude question all over again? What ever you are showing, you are just showing off. No need to get back on that point again. If you dont make videos yourself, then how can you feel how great it feel to make one?

About the calling someone pussy, i was talking about Sid telling them to get some balls. I see him all the time nowadays telling ppl to get some balls. I just find it stupid to say that over a Video Game.

DF population, some will find it dead. Some, once they go traveling, they probably get kill fast because of lack of character progression. So what HOGG might be doing when they are tired of grinding, but want to keep playing, kill some nearby newb's instead of traveling across the map(You know how long it is to do so.) Hogg are still blue players so they might be grinding on quests. They just found an activity to pvp daily without the need to turn red or travel far away. A good reason to log out and have your day worth i would say.

Last thing, sandbox or not, the game is still marketed as a sandbox. Its the reason why most are playing, to feel the freedom. The reason why Hogg joined in the 1st place because they know that in other mmorpg they would get kicked or killed by a GM like from the AOC video they have in their website. Anyway, the way you show your hatred on them, is the same way i would do so against the RPer, simply because i never RPed once in my life.

Matter a fact, name me one DF player who play as intended. I got some. Brannoc, the Moderators, and the GM's. No one else. So i rather support Hogg then supporting these bunch of AFK swimmers out there.

Matos
08-27-2010, 12:55
I totaly don t know what is a GIMP.

In other side, Hogg and other people like him don t really like the game and i personnaly think they re trying to put the game to its death.

Why are they playing DF if it s to harass new players want to test it and have a better population.

I demand to AV to make something against this player. And you have proof of what he s doing, HARASS people, what they are doing.

I demand justice for all these new players. do something.

CamdenHighdell
08-27-2010, 13:12
not that it fucking matters to you, but I hope you choke on an apple on the way to your low life job that pays you $6 an hour!

Grandpa Skaldir
08-27-2010, 13:16
The OP is foolish and indeed illustrates very well what IS A GIMP (they are) and it's so very ironic that they don't realise how foolish, lame (and gimpy?) they are when they vid themselves griefing poor, trial'ers or newbies.

Silly OP.

;)

At least there's other people out there in Agon who like to help, welcome and encourage newcomers rather than get a perceived ego-boost doing this lame thing.

wisdom
08-27-2010, 13:17

In other side, Hogg and other people like him don t really like the game and i personnaly think they re trying to put the game to its death.

Why are they playing DF if it s to harass new players want to test it and have a better population.

I demand to AV to make something against this player. And you have proof of what he s doing, HARASS people, what they are doing.

ya! what dark matos said! <3

Squeegee
08-27-2010, 13:23
Fortunately for HOGG, there is no rule in the EULA that says you can't be a retard.

But to anyone out there with noobie prot that died to them, don't worry, in two or three weeks you will be kicking their ass just like everyone else. Don't forget to teabag them. lol

Thorskal
08-27-2010, 16:18
This was great! Who the hell cares about the trial gimps?

People who care about this game, probably.

It is sad but true that the OP did give us an example of what goes on inside the mind of a disturbed person. I feel sorry for you HOGG and I hope you can find happiness in RL.

Realbigdeal22
08-27-2010, 17:41

Hogg are griefing in all games they play. Even none mmorpg games. IF they play Battlefield bad company 2, they will friendly fire their own teamate none stop.

Second, they call other ppl gimps, but they know themself that they are gimps, so they play like one at the worst way.

In Champion online, they created a Gimp themself and check what they are doing. http://www.allergic2gimp.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=58&Itemid=61

They use to gried in AOC the most, but since its a carebear game, players could simply report to the GM, then a GM would come out and kill the 2 Hogg players. DF is not a carebear game so this is why they will never defend their players that way and the reason why Hogg feel at home.

$id Viciou$
08-27-2010, 18:38
Griefing is fine but they are doing more than just griefing . .. not letting a trial player do anything tells me that they hate Darkfall. Ive had a lot of fun griefing in the past but I was not trying to kill any game. When AOC came out the first thing that I did was create level 25 toons for claiming the first dungeon and my classes were overpowered so nobody was able to quest in those dungeons. In Vanguard's FFA PVP server I had a twink in every tier so that no matter what level someone was, if I saw them, I could log into the appropriate twink and camp them until I took all of their infamy and let them go when they had little left to take. This could have been considered griefing but these players were still able to play the game and they were all seasoned players (not logging in for the first time). Just some examples of 'acceptable griefing'.

What these guys are doing is not letting a person interested in Darkfall play the game. It goes beyond taking all of their stuff or not letting them go into a dungeon that you claim. War dec all of the noob clans in starter cities if you want to grief but if you are not allowing trial players to play the game at all than it is hard for me not to take that personally.

If any of you orcs would like assistance in payback, let me know.

:ninja:

-Darkwulf-
08-27-2010, 18:59
We all know how shitty HOGG is and that they can only grief trial accounts. So lets not make a 9 mile long post about them.

They are sitting back laughing at everyone who posted here. Now they are laughing at me too.

Squeegee
08-27-2010, 19:02
We all know how shitty HOGG is and that they can only grief trial accounts. So lets not make a 9 mile long post about them.

They are sitting back laughing at everyone who posted here. Now they are laughing at me too.

So am I. Not sure why, just seemed the cool thing to do.

lol

Realbigdeal22
08-27-2010, 19:49
Griefing is fine but they are doing more than just griefing . .. not letting a trial player do anything tells me that they hate Darkfall. Ive had a lot of fun griefing in the past but I was not trying to kill any game. When AOC came out the first thing that I did was create level 25 toons for claiming the first dungeon and my classes were overpowered so nobody was able to quest in those dungeons. In Vanguard's FFA PVP server I had a twink in every tier so that no matter what level someone was, if I saw them, I could log into the appropriate twink and camp them until I took all of their infamy and let them go when they had little left to take. This could have been considered griefing but these players were still able to play the game and they were all seasoned players (not logging in for the first time). Just some examples of 'acceptable griefing'.

What these guys are doing is not letting a person interested in Darkfall play the game. It goes beyond taking all of their stuff or not letting them go into a dungeon that you claim. War dec all of the noob clans in starter cities if you want to grief but if you are not allowing trial players to play the game at all than it is hard for me not to take that personally.

If any of you orcs would like assistance in payback, let me know.

:ninja:

They dont hate darkfall. Its simply their playstyle. Like i said, in any game they play, they grief players no matter what type of game, mmorpg or not. They simply like to ruin other players experience. Its just that in DF, they found out a way to grief newb's with protection. Its not the Hogg fault, but AV's fault to not find a way to prevent this from happening in the future. ITs suppose to be easy. All debuff should do 1 damage. Only one so you can turn grey if you debuff your racial alliance. Its AV's fault to make Huge patch instead of small and the reason why Hogg can grief that way for an other huge period of time.

If a game allow them to grief with no limit and the easiest way, then they finally call this game home. They left AOC because the GM's started to spawn at them and kill both of them.

Pallist
08-27-2010, 20:35
https://accounts.eu.darkfallonline.com/account/tos.php

Section 8.

But no worries, AV will just watch this shit and wonder why new players don't stick around.

GRCPan
08-27-2010, 20:42

Section 8.

But no worries, AV will just watch this shit and wonder why new players don't stick around.

AV will watch this and find an excuse for why new players don't stick around.

Squeegee
08-27-2010, 21:24

Section 8.

They didn't break any of those rules.

Umki Bloodsoul
08-27-2010, 21:29
They do. They violate 8.ii by causing "distress and/or unwanted attention to other players."

SEOINAGE
08-27-2010, 22:40

I dunno what he did, but honestly having av take action against people that grief is just going to wreck the game, bad idea. AV has given us freedom, if you want something done about it, do it yourself. I will watch the vid when i get off work, so my post might be somewhat ignorant of the situation, but in all honesty if developers are going to hold people's hands and not let anything bad happen to them then that ruins things.

ExcursionRob
08-27-2010, 22:45
WOW 12-15 hrs of sitting around in a starter city griefing noobs.. Move out of mommys basement and get a fucking job, Gimp!

Punish
08-27-2010, 23:22
41877 pve kills so far

Wizmac
08-27-2010, 23:39
12 - 15 hours a day ? heh . Guess I dont care to much . If anything they will try another race . I think makeing videos of the flaws of the game are 100 times better than typed word

Umki Bloodsoul
08-28-2010, 00:01
I dunno what he did, but honestly having av take action against people that grief is just going to wreck the game, bad idea. AV has given us freedom, if you want something done about it, do it yourself. I will watch the vid when i get off work, so my post might be somewhat ignorant of the situation, but in all honesty if developers are going to hold people's hands and not let anything bad happen to them then that ruins things.
I bet that HOGG guys did probably cost AV already ~50-100 subs. So I think it will be in their business interesst to not allow new players quit because they get griefed until they log off.

Yakamoz
08-28-2010, 00:06
It looks like that lack of content is a smaller issue in this game then I thought...
this video is an example of a failed mechanic and failed in life people.

SEOINAGE
08-28-2010, 00:23
I bet that HOGG guys did probably cost AV already ~50-100 subs. So I think it will be in their business interesst to not allow new players quit because they get griefed until they log off.

That sounds like what the developers of a carebear game would do. Wrong game. Not saying I condone what they are doing, but the noobs could just run somewhere else, or people could go kill the orcs if they really wanted to do something about it, all of you that are so outraged, could just join up with Sid and actually do something about it.

fistofdoom
08-28-2010, 00:37
funny shit.........haters gonna hate.

Zabulus
08-28-2010, 00:54
first week, i blocked all HOGG retards from chat ...
having to read
random HOGG: this game is PVE!
random2 HOGG: this game is PVE!
etc etc

that alone showed me what retards they where ...

ow and six .. try using the word GIMP less then 500 times in one video .. might want to open up your vocabulary?

MortalZero
08-28-2010, 01:02
That sounds like what the developers of a carebear game would do. Wrong game. Not saying I condone what they are doing, but the noobs could just run somewhere else, or people could go kill the orcs if they really wanted to do something about it, all of you that are so outraged, could just join up with Sid and actually do something about it.

They on trial accounts and try to figure the shit out first , probably they don't even are familiar with the controls and then someone stalking them for a hour, they probably even don't know where the next city is.

I hope this happen to some major editor who wants to review DF and then experience that grief for AV to wake up..

Irenor
08-28-2010, 01:06

Got to agree with you here. Players could go to Ork lands and kill them if they are so angry and all that crap.

Dufer
08-28-2010, 01:38
Got to agree with you here. Players could go to Ork lands and kill them if they are so angry and all that crap.

How so? They stay in town outside of a clan so they can't be warred. I plan on doing it when I resub. But ATM new players who just logged in arebeing discouraged by this

Irenor
08-28-2010, 01:40
How so? They stay in town outside of a clan so they can't be warred. I plan on doing it when I resub. But ATM new players who just logged in arebeing discouraged by this

If Sid does it, why can't you?

Dufer
08-28-2010, 02:05
If Sid does it, why can't you?

Does what? Either way when I return I've already planned on going to nerzok and giving Hogg hell with a healer on me.

I live pretty close by so it won't be out of the way either

Irenor
08-28-2010, 02:39
Does what? Either way when I return I've already planned on going to nerzok and giving Hogg hell with a healer on me.

Go for it, I'm always encouraging experienced players to help out new players, even though very few does. Guess these type of videos might make some players think about helping new players more often (not that this is what HOGG intended, and I'm sure it's quite the opposite. But they still serve a purpose wether it was intended or not)

foxred
08-28-2010, 03:58
Hi its late here so will read the rest of the thread tommorow, however read the first couple of pages and suffice to say $id Viciou$ is one of the ones who is not short sighted and if more people adopted a like philosophy then more newbies who stay and your servers would not be dead approx 75% of the time.

Note I love the game, also as of the last couple of days I have met more genuine people than griefers. (It fluctuates though)

I am fine with dieing and I am down right stubborn so Im here to stay but people who will follow people about for a whole day making sure a specific person cannot play should be banned. Btw I am not even on about pvp here per ' se , go check out some of the Hogg videos and tell me thats not 100% griefing.

Zezune
08-28-2010, 04:33

When their goal is to kill the game, why the fuck should we?

Dufer
08-28-2010, 04:35
Go for it, I'm always encouraging experienced players to help out new players, even though very few does. Guess these type of videos might make some players think about helping new players more often (not that this is what HOGG intended, and I'm sure it's quite the opposite. But they still serve a purpose wether it was intended or not)

Yeah me and Orc burnkiller will head down there and shit on him lol. We used to do it in wolf lands to people we didn't like

Zezune
08-28-2010, 04:43
Its not the Hogg fault, but AV's fault to not find a way to prevent this from happening in the future. ITs suppose to be easy. All debuff should do 1 damage. Only one so you can turn grey if you debuff your racial alliance. Its AV's fault to make Huge patch instead of small and the reason why Hogg can grief that way for an other huge period of time.

If a game allow them to grief with no limit and the easiest way, then they finally call this game home. They left AOC because the GM's started to spawn at them and kill both of them.

Lets say you get stabbed and mugged, is it the guys fault or the fault of society for making sucha situation where the guy would need to stab you?

Here is a clue, you retard, its BOTH. These idiots who take this behaviour to the extreme encourage AV to carebear the game up EVEN MORE.

Its the entire reason we have the alignment system in the first place, to stop this kind of BS. Take away alignment, and it gets even worse as the vets simply move out while groups of griefers just pick on newbies all day and kill off the population, then quit themselves.

Yeah me and Orc burnkiller will head down there and shit on him lol. We used to do it in wolf lands to people we didn't like

Except that won't stop them from moving elsewhere to do it, or continuing when you get tired of playing police and killing the same two morons over and over again. :(

Realbigdeal22
08-28-2010, 06:46
first week, i blocked all HOGG retards from chat ...
having to read
random HOGG: this game is PVE!
random2 HOGG: this game is PVE!
etc etc

Ignore HOGG and you ignore all the Gimps in Trouble. Its exactly what Hogg wanted you to do. They even state in one of their video that vets dont care about what is happening to newb's. While players like you are grinding, you never have time to travel only to protect these newb's, so Hogg have the right to say that DF is PVE. If DF was PVP, you would use any excuse to pvp. In a sandbox, i dont know even why you would use the Ignore feature. You use that in games like wow.

Wont work. By the time you get back, Hoggs will get their Ray spam higher plus Gravity ball and much more. Also, in one of their video, they manage to invite bunch of other folks in their group, meaning that they got some friends.

When their goal is to kill the game, why the fuck should we?

I dont think they are killing the game. I think they just want some change to be made because all videos they make when they talk, they speak about how bad they think DF is. By making these videos, its easy to see all the flaws of DF. (Saying that its PVE, saying that you have to go AFK to progress and much more.)

Lets say you get stabbed and mugged, is it the guys fault or the fault of society for making sucha situation where the guy would need to stab you?

Here is a clue, you retard, its BOTH. These idiots who take this behaviour to the extreme encourage AV to carebear the game up EVEN MORE.

Its the entire reason we have the alignment system in the first place, to stop this kind of BS. Take away alignment, and it gets even worse as the vets simply move out while groups of griefers just pick on newbies all day and kill off the population, then quit themselves.

Except that won't stop them from moving elsewhere to do it, or continuing when you get tired of playing police and killing the same two morons over and over again. :(

1st of all, we all know the alignment system is broken, so stop here. Being red means nothing.

Your Scenario in your 1st paragraph, we are not in a fallout yet. PPl are smart enough to see the consequences of their act. As for DF, there is 0 consequence. Being red like i said is nothing since you can easily go back blue in a short period of time.

Last, Players with protection are only in starter town. All you need to do is guard goblin location. Nothing else. Its also AV's job to fix their game, make it so Knock backs cannot be use to newb's with protection and doing so Debuff do 1 damage only, so you can turn grey by doing it.

Irenor
08-28-2010, 07:13
Ignore HOGG and you ignore all the Gimps in Trouble. Its exactly what Hogg wanted you to do. They even state in one of their video that vets dont care about what is happening to newb's. While players like you are grinding, you never have time to travel only to protect these newb's, so Hogg have the right to say that DF is PVE. If DF was PVP, you would use any excuse to pvp. In a sandbox, i dont know even why you would use the Ignore feature. You use that in games like wow.

This is true. It's somewhat common to see vets let NEW handle all the work while they go back to farming gold, or AFK macro. (Not mentionning PvP because you shouldn't be using the horrible chat system during PvP)

1st of all, we all know the alignment system is broken, so stop here. Being red means nothing.

Your Scenario in your 1st paragraph, we are not in a fallout yet. PPl are smart enough to see the consequences of their act. As for DF, there is 0 consequence. Being red like i said is nothing since you can easily go back blue in a short period of time.

Last, Players with protection are only in starter town. All you need to do is guard goblin location. Nothing else. Its also AV's job to fix their game, make it so Knock backs cannot be use to newb's with protection and doing so Debuff do 1 damage only, so you can turn grey by doing it.

Got to agree here, but Debuff should deal 2 ticks of 1 damage (so that the player goes grey for 2 minutes). Cast Pestilence on a new player and he's down to 80 HP....won't be too hard to take down the new player. Also, damage doesn,t work on players protected by NPP, so making knockbacks and debuff ineffective is the way to go in my opinion. Making players go grey for attacking NPP players is a possibility, but do remember that players under NPP would now then be able to make other players attack them, not receive any damage but get the other player killed because he went grey. Something that should be prevented.

foxred
08-28-2010, 15:20
The below quote is a valid point made by another poster above and too much griefing could indeed cause the game to get patched so that it is less harsh on newbies, I am totally against this(as a newbie myself) :

1: It's not my place to advocate change having not played every aspect of the game
2: I came to darkfall because of the full loot system even though I have lost more than gained. (I still love it and I dont want to see things changed else I lose the bags of incentive I have for some long term planned doomsday style revenge muhaha :D )

its BOTH. These idiots who take this behaviour to the extreme encourage AV to carebear the game up EVEN MORE.

Umki Bloodsoul
08-28-2010, 15:43
I dont think they are killing the game. I think they just want some change to be made because all videos they make when they talk, they speak about how bad they think DF is. By making these videos, its easy to see all the flaws of DF. (Saying that its PVE, saying that you have to go AFK to progress and much more.)
Sounds like in your mind HOGG is to be seen like holy crusaders. They are on a holy mission to show the flaws and faults of a MMO computer game, which they didn't even like, to turn it for good.

Would you like to have some nasty guys all the day around you, mocking and annoying you, exploiting any mistake you make? And if you ask them wtf they are doing they tell you "Mate, we really don't like you. But we are here to help you. We are here to show you your faults and flaws so you can change it to become a better human!"

Sounds like a mentality terrorists practice: We don't like something, so we go and enforce people to our world vision!

And you support these Darkfall terrorists, "Realbigdeal22." :sly:

And here in DF you have a Loss:Loss situation. If HOGG wouldn't do such shit, there would be no need to fix anything. Or are there other professional griefers out there? JetBoomy got quickly bored afaik.

And because AV is so incredibly slow and single-minded those wanted changes will not take place in any next future. And in the meanwhile Aventurine loses customers and subscriptions to HOGG.

Killernyc4
08-28-2010, 16:21
lmfao, you guys are fuckin sorry.

Beradule
08-28-2010, 19:51
I'm mad because I want to kill someone and take their shit but people like this usually have garbage when they go out and I am waiting for people to come into the game and bring me worthy loot.

These guys are fucking up other people's opportunities to get better loot.

Fuck them.

They should be out taking a risk or earning better gear for me to loot at least.

There are probably reds outside looking for a fight but the only orcs around are some douchebags griefing trial players so there is nobody to be found and they waste time riding around.

HOGG does suck at pvp for sure, but still you cannot make this comment when you have videos like this:

http://www.own3d.tv/video/31170/DF_NINJA_S_2

You cannot talk about crap gear when you are running around in robes with mob drop r40s an shit.

Take some of your own advice an stop running around in shit gear.

MessiahBolical
08-28-2010, 20:11
Im almost insulted i wasnt in this video, when I let him kill me. No im not new or a gimp, but fuck wheres my Video Promo.

Dufer
08-28-2010, 20:15
but fuck

Haha

Holy_victory
08-28-2010, 20:49
HOGGS are in necessary evil, to my recollection.

Like Sid, I will stand up for the new players and give these HOGGS a lesson.

I propose anyone interested with giving new players a chance give those HOGGS a taste of their own medicine, war dec necessary evil, and go grief them in nerzok.

name in game is Garou Lintermittent.

MessiahBolical
08-28-2010, 20:56
HOGGS are in necessary evil, to my recollection.

Like Sid, I will stand up for the new players and give these HOGGS a lesson.

I propose anyone interested with giving new players a chance give those HOGGS a taste of their own medicine, war dec necessary evil, and go grief them in nerzok.

name in game is Garou Lintermittent.

HOGG like Sixtrumph are not in a Clan otherwise they'd be camped daily.

Unless u can survive guardtowers, theres small chances to kill him.

Hes a vagina, and it shows. Just attack him once with gear on and he runs back to town.

Valaska
08-28-2010, 21:43
I like turtles :3

Droman6969
08-30-2010, 11:12

lol I remember him so wierd you said the name. He was one of the first reasons why i quit, I jumped him and boxed him into a wall with him at half health from pve we traded hit for hit and him with axe and me with a polearm he crushed me and we were using same rank weapons. It was one of those major " OMG all he did was click left mouse button and crushed me with his uber stats!"
Next day I see him afk macro'ing and then afk swimming on the dragenroth cliff by the dungeon. Clearly we know who the winners are in this game ahem macro bots. On a side note I was allied with him for a bit and he seemed like a pretty good player but all our fights in that dungeon i would have won with equal stats he's not a very good melee strafer.

masterme
08-30-2010, 12:14
Lol this guy thinks he is realy cool :lmao::bang:

Avefenix
08-30-2010, 12:19
Its just pathetic

belch2
08-30-2010, 12:41

HOGG4LIFE

You are an asshole as are your buddies. Bet you have group circle jerks together.

Realbigdeal22
08-30-2010, 15:50
he's not a very good melee strafer.

You dont strafe in darkfall. :rolleyes:

Vorat
09-01-2010, 05:00
I watched HOGG videos and from what I see their tactics are sub par. I have yet to see them "bank gank" crafters.

What abusing the alignment system is something new? ARAC clans wrote the book on doing that.

Slowing down a bogged down crafter carrying way too much is something new? Man that guy should be happy that is all that happened to him. Usually they will let 2 guys kill you and die to the towers while a 3rd guy full loots your corpse. If you want to add insult to injury, offer to sell him back his goods at cost.

Never once saw a video of them scamming a guy or full looting a guild bank.

If the videos are any example of their grieving tactics, then they need to join VAMP or Awful Company to learn a little "Darkfall Basic Grieving 101". So far I am not impressed. Sorry man but I gotta call "lightweights" on this one.

They are right about one thing though. Lets give credit where credit is due. Darkfall is about 75% PVE and 25% PVP. The 75% that is PVE sucks. If the yellow bar of boredom has not proven that to you yet, I don't know what will.

Valroth
09-01-2010, 05:27
This is what players at the bottom of the PvP food chain do for fun. Its funny like 9/11.

schlock
09-01-2010, 06:00
Took him outside of towers. He's not that good. That's why he probably stays in towers so he can avoid the fact that he pretty much sucks at the game.

Judging by his comments, he probably sucks at life as well, but that' just speculation.

Vap0rware
09-01-2010, 10:47
You realize all of your comments tell these guys that they are "winning" in the e-peen contest right? :rolleyes:

Think a bit.

(They are right about the game though. Epic fail, hardcore PVE game.... and it's still boring)

Vorat
09-02-2010, 09:02
You realize all of your comments tell these guys that they are "winning" in the e-peen contest right? :rolleyes:

Think a bit.

(They are right about the game though. Epic fail, hardcore PVE game.... and it's still boring)

Considering they are not nearly as bad as most of the griefers that started early on the server, I am really not worried if they think they are winning some e-peen contest. I can't imagine AV ever suspending their accounts since their methods really come up short compared to the rest of the yahoos on server. They may have well been big annoying gnats on other games. But in Darkfall they are lost in a crowd of players bent on doing the exact same thing and worse. All I have to say to HOGG4LIFE is "Welcome home boys...pay attention you might learn something."

Realbigdeal22
09-02-2010, 15:42
Took him outside of towers. He's not that good. That's why he probably stays in towers so he can avoid the fact that he pretty much sucks at the game.

Judging by his comments, he probably sucks at life as well, but that' just speculation.

Can you tell us your method on how you took one of them and the way they pvp so other players might try to get them?

$id Viciou$
09-03-2010, 03:37
This is what players at the bottom of the PvP food chain do for fun. Its funny like 9/11.

Yup . .. on 9/11 I was in Jail (not minimum security either) and the officer let us out of our cells to watch the towers crumbling on the news.

I shed a tear with a straight face . .. thinking of lost fellow Americans and the tragedy that was happening.

Almost immediately some fuckheads start calling me a pussy and start coming at me like they are going to get in my face or start a fight . .. luckily some skinheads nearby saw this and got in their face in front of me and said something along the lines of, "At least he has a heart unlike you scum of the Earth! He's compassion because he is a good person and you'll have to get through us if you cannot appreciate that." (skinheads . .. lol never would have expected that. Unfortunately it was probably because I am white .. .).

I thought that there was going to be a brawl but they backed the fuck down fast! haha

Not sure why I am sharing this and I did not offer help to any Orcs to fight this because HOGG lacks 'heart'. I am a PK myself but what they are doing is like taking money from me. Camping trial-players out of the game hurts everyone who loves Darkfall. The obviously do not care for the game that I love.

As an American I am personally offended if you pull any kind of terrorist crap.

As a Darkfall Online player I am offended if you are you hurting the game.

schlock
09-03-2010, 03:54
Can you tell us your method on how you took one of them and the way they pvp so other players might try to get them?

He's primarily archery and I got him in a panic mode when I out gunned him with the same. I did not see any magic fly. I believe his confidence bit him in the ass. No big secrets or ground breaking info, sry.