PDA

View Full Version : Gaming: RAWR Nation Website, what do you think?

Wickot
08-05-2010, 13:07
Hey guys,

I am in charge of a clan on the Xbox and we are moving onto MMO's too, Darkfall will be our first hopefully.

I made this website around 3 months ago. And I am wondering, how did I do with the skins and stuff. Never used vBulletin before. And I was hoping some of you may be able to give me some tips that will improve it

Thank you!

Napalm_Enema
08-05-2010, 13:13
I'd say it's complete shit because you didn't provide a link.

fail.

Don Chino
08-05-2010, 13:17
Best website eva.

Wickot
08-05-2010, 13:18
Hehe. I am an idiot sometimes. Didn't get much sleep. You could of Googled it though :(

http://www.RAWRNation.net/

Napalm_Enema
08-05-2010, 13:19
Hehe. I am an idiot sometimes. Didn't get much sleep. You could of Googled it though :(

While I like the white background because you can see text easily, it clashes with the dark black background which is a bit off-putting. I'd try and find a more mellow background for the text like a light gray or something?

Wickot
08-05-2010, 13:21
While I like the white background because you can see text easily, it clashes with the dark black background which is a bit off-putting. I'd try and find a more mellow background for the text like a light gray or something?

Thank you for your suggestions. I will look into things I can do, I will also open a thread over there for my current users to have some input :D

88Chaz88
08-05-2010, 13:22

This.

Go with a dark or light theme. Having both clashes and hurts the eyes.

Wickot
08-05-2010, 13:24
Yeah, I got a suggestion when I was making it to make it lighter. I personally liked it with a black background. But now I think about it, I should make a gradient behind it, going from a nice green to a dark grey at the bottom of #333333 :D

Wickot
08-05-2010, 13:27
So far my users do enjoy the Arcade I added in. http://www.rawrnation.net/arcade.php

but the downside is, everyone was joining to play the arcade games, and the forum was empty. So I made it so you have to post 10 times before you get in. And I delete anything I class as spam :D

88Chaz88
08-05-2010, 13:30
I knew I'd seen that name before! CoD: MW and WaW.

You're not half bad.

Wickot
08-05-2010, 13:35
http://www.youtube.com/user/RAWRxNation

We have youtube :D I have not put a video of me up in a while though, please sub... :D

Wickot
08-05-2010, 13:44
Sorry for the double post. BUT!!! 3 more guests and it will be a new record. But guests are annoying sometimes we just want members :D

Rachsucht
08-05-2010, 13:58

You should get a job in marketing :rolleyes:

Viluin
08-05-2010, 14:00
The green looks absolutely terrible.

Wickot
08-05-2010, 14:02
The green looks absolutely terrible.

Yeah, wait, I am taking the BG off and applying another one, the site is going down for basic maintenance.

88Chaz88
08-05-2010, 14:11
You should get a job in marketing :rolleyes:

He could be the next Tasos!

Sqarak
08-05-2010, 14:50
What the hell happened to forumfall? Did you suddenly all find a girl and became civilized?

Sqarak
08-05-2010, 14:51
Remove that guy holding a gun, it makes the website look cheezy, or find an image of a better quality.

88Chaz88
08-05-2010, 14:54
What the hell happened to forumfall? Did you suddenly all find a girl and became civilized?

I was gonna say something, but I realise that if only for today, I like this forumfall better.

Expect bitter, twisted, sarcastic, and egotistic posts from me tomorrow.

Wickot
08-05-2010, 14:57
Remove that guy holding a gun, it makes the website look cheezy, or find an image of a better quality.

I am working on it, thank you for pointing it out. Any suggestions. I am going to make a multi image logo.

I am however having problems applying a new background. It seems every time to apply one, it just goes white, even if the background colour is set to black (as example)

Napalm_Enema
08-05-2010, 15:04
I was gonna say something, but I realise that if only for today, I like this forumfall better.

Expect bitter, twisted, sarcastic, and egotistic posts from me tomorrow.

I shall join you in that effort as well. But for today, we help and nurture.

JUST FOR TODAY

Wickot
08-05-2010, 15:05
Hmm, here's an idea. How about you guys make some logos (500 x 200 px) and I can work on a BG that will work. And lets just see what people come out with, like a contest :D For a bit of fun!

Viluin
08-05-2010, 15:26
Hmm, here's an idea. How about you guys make some logos (500 x 200 px) and I can work on a BG that will work. And lets just see what people come out with, like a contest :D For a bit of fun!

How about you do your own work.

Wickot
08-05-2010, 15:37
How about you do your own work.

Thought I'd get that :D I am. Just thought if someone was bored and wanted to show off their work, they could.

88Chaz88
08-05-2010, 15:41
Thought I'd get that :D I am. Just thought if someone was bored and wanted to show off their work, they could.

Yeah we're being unusually and uncharacteristicly nice here. Best not to push your luck.

[LoD] EE
08-05-2010, 15:43
I knew I'd seen that name before! CoD: MW and WaW.

You're not half bad.

Xbox MW2 player? Well, aint much challenge there with auto aim etc. Fucking game is like arcade version of a FPS anyways, its a joke.

Viluin
08-05-2010, 15:57
EE;4433385']Xbox MW2 player? Well, aint much challenge there with auto aim etc. Fucking game is like arcade version of a FPS anyways, its a joke.

Heh, my KDR in MW2 on the 360 is like 1.9 (over like 50 hours of gameplay), but whenever I played it felt like I was playing like shit. I felt totally noob. And I still got those kills somehow. The only games where I felt like I was actually playing well were the ones with a KDR of 10 or so. That's gotta say something about the game.

Napalm_Enema
08-05-2010, 15:59
Heh, my KDR in MW2 on the 360 is like 1.9 (over like 50 hours of gameplay), but whenever I played it felt like I was playing like shit. I felt totally noob. And I still got those kills somehow. The only games where I felt like I was actually playing well were the ones with a KDR of 10 or so. That's gotta say something about the game.

I like when Microsoft did a trial test of Xbox playing against PC players and the margin of victory was so overwhelming that they scrapped that idea.

FPS = PC

Period.

Wickot
08-05-2010, 16:02
EE;4433385']Xbox MW2 player? Well, aint much challenge there with auto aim etc. Fucking game is like arcade version of a FPS anyways, its a joke.

I turn my auto-aim and auto-centre off, and I do not have any psychical mods (aimbot, 10th ect), I only mod visual, like modded names :D

88Chaz88
08-05-2010, 16:02

I play FPS's on both systems. I have MW on xbox and MW2 on PC. I find xbox much harder.

Autoaim or no, some guys are scarily accurate with those control pads.

Viluin
08-05-2010, 16:07
I turn my auto-aim and auto-centre off, and I do not have any psychical mods (aimbot, 10th ect), I only mod visual, like modded names :D

You can't turn the auto-aim in MW2 on consoles off. The option you're most likely referring to is for the lock-on system in single player. I wanted to turn it off because it got me killed many times (my aim being dragged away because an enemy suddenly runs in front of me right when I try to snipe someone etc), but it's not possible.

Wickot
08-05-2010, 23:04
Guide Button > Settings > Profile > Game Defaults > Its all there. Most people who make montages and compete in MLG do this. :D It works; I love it.

Viluin
08-05-2010, 23:07
Guide Button > Settings > Profile > Game Defaults > Its all there. Most people who make montages and compete in MLG do this. :D It works; I love it.

Nope, does not work for MW2 multiplayer. The auto-aim is still there. There is absolutely no way to turn it off, ever. You probably just don't realize it's there. It is in fact hard to notice, and very easy to think you're just a good player. But subtle hints will betray the auto-aim. That, and when you play a non-autoaim PC game with a controller, the harsh reality of how shitty your skills are will finally reveal itself.

Wickot
08-05-2010, 23:46
Please, before making any more judgements on my site, read this. As it gives the low down on what is wrong.

http://www.rawrnation.net/showthread.php?153-Update-errors-Please-read.&p=1296#post1296

Also, any suggestions for how it should look and feel are still helpful.

Makestro
08-06-2010, 07:24
Nope, does not work for MW2 multiplayer. The auto-aim is still there. There is absolutely no way to turn it off, ever. You probably just don't realize it's there. It is in fact hard to notice, and very easy to think you're just a good player. But subtle hints will betray the auto-aim. That, and when you play a non-autoaim PC game with a controller, the harsh reality of how shitty your skills are will finally reveal itself.

I have this same issue on my 360 and I miss so many fucking headshot from the autoaim snap-on....

Andonis
08-06-2010, 07:56
Even though I classify myself as a PC gamer I still hold an up to date console for old times sakes, currently own an xbox 360 and have fps games on it and I must say they are quite fun, you can't expect the same precision or acrobatics performed with a mouse and keyboard but it remains enjoyable but if I am in the mood for serious gaming back on the pc I go :D

Getting back onto topic of Wickots forum you should try looking at some skins for php boards, a quick google search will give you a decent listing.
(keep in mind you may not find the perfect skin but something to work off and edit to your liking)

Wickot
08-06-2010, 15:00
Getting back onto topic of Wickots forum you should try looking at some skins for php boards, a quick google search will give you a decent listing.
(keep in mind you may not find the perfect skin but something to work off and edit to your liking)

I have done so before, when it first started, to get away from the vBulletin basic skin. Then, I thought it is time to work on a secret skin. And then applied it to myself. It worked, and then I made it public.

I am back to work now I have slept. And the website should be back up and going in a couple of hours.

Lictor
08-06-2010, 15:31
tbh your website is shit.

Napalm_Enema
08-06-2010, 15:47
tbh your website is shit.

I hate the name so much I deleted my internet history and browser cache so I would never have to see it again. Made me feel like I was George Michaels saying 'Raaawr' and pawing the air for some man dick.

Great job on the updates. :ninja:

Teth
08-06-2010, 17:50
Any relationship to the EVE Online alliance Morsus Mihi, ticker RAWR?

Wickot
08-06-2010, 18:43
Any relationship to the EVE Online alliance Morsus Mihi, ticker RAWR?

Nope, RAWR began on Call of Duty 2. :D

Ziegler
08-06-2010, 18:58
Really...gonna step from subpar FPS consoling to hardcore MMO.

It's almost worth picking up a DF sub just to watch. :lmao:

Napalm_Enema
08-06-2010, 18:59
Nope, RAWR began on Call of Duty 2. :D

So it's like a week and a half old.

Wickot
08-06-2010, 21:04
So it's like a week and a half old.

No. The site started 3 months ago, we became a clan back in CoD 2, but didn't really play much together, was just a group of friends until CoD 4. Now we have around 15 members from UK, USA, and Canada.

Napalm_Enema
08-06-2010, 21:10
No. The site started 3 months ago, we became a clan back in CoD 2, but didn't really play much together, was just a group of friends until CoD 4. Now we have around 15 members from UK, USA, and Canada.

Oh I thought you meant MW2 lol.

Wickot
08-08-2010, 11:28
Check it out now, I have applied the new style I have been working on. Think it is finished.

http://www.rawrnation.net/