PDA

View Full Version : Question: "Too Many Trial Accounts (#3)"

Benard
08-03-2010, 00:54
I signed up for the 14-day free trial and installed Darkfall about a month ago. I got to get into the game and play for an hour or two before logging off, and the next day my computer screen failed spectacularly when its lower-right corner was shattered by a flying bottle. Without having a monitor, I've been unable to play any game since then.

I just recently got a new monitor and was hoping to play Darkfall, but am unable to as my old free trial has expired and when I try to make a new free-trial account and log in with that, I get an error message after Authentication which says "Too Many Trial Accounts (#3)". This error persists even after uninstalling and reinstalling the game and with two different new accounts.

Is there any way I can still play the trial? Is it tied to my IP address or something? or is there a value in my registry the game has a hold on, even after un+re-installing? My email is even receiving the "Hey welcome to the Darkfall trial! Enjoy your 14 days!" emails, but the "Too Many Trial Accounts" error kicks me in the butt every time.

This game seems really interesting to me, but I have a very hard time committing to the fee without being able to test it out first.. and those two hours definitely don't feel like enough, especially for a game like this.

rootedoak
08-03-2010, 01:00
Tied to your MAC address, either change computers or change routers or whatever changes your MAC.

Benard
08-03-2010, 01:03
There was another thread on this at the top of the next page, my bad.

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=255515

(Thanks, jimikar, for the solution.)

Benard
08-03-2010, 01:03
Thanks rootedoak, too. :)