PDA

View Full Version : NEW player tips for new player

Laenih
05-08-2010, 06:03
Confusing?
Well, the NEW clan who is dedicated to taking new players under their wing and showing them the ropes has written up a very nice overview of tips and what to look out for as you take the first step in Agon.

We always welcome player initiative and thought it was a great opportunity to repost the link to the write-up in the spotlight section.
Check the post out here (http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=245640). Note that the leadership and contact information mentioned is for the EU branch of NEW. NEW is however also established on the NA server.

Keno
05-08-2010, 06:04
Confusing?
Well, the NEW clan who is dedicated to taking new players under their wing and showing them the ropes has written up a very nice overview of tips and what to look out for as you take the first step in Agon.

We always welcome player initiative and thought it was a great opportunity to repost the link to the write-up in the spotlight section.
Check the post out here (http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=245640). Note that the leadership and contact information mentioned is for the EU branch of NEW. NEW is however also established on the NA server.

Good stuff. Weird time for a spotlight :P

Paragus
05-08-2010, 06:20
Pretty solid guide right there. Very nice.

Zaffax
05-08-2010, 06:25
Odd time to post this don't you think. Good none the less.

Spade Spirit
05-08-2010, 11:28
that's great for new players, how about updates on why vets like myself should keep subscribing.

campino87
05-08-2010, 11:40
nice work!

Asnar
05-08-2010, 12:19
Thanks for posting this in the spotlight! I'm glad it is appreciated.

We will continue to add additions to the post and continue modifying it to be an easier read.

Our aims, are as always, to support the new playerbase of Darkfall. Anything we can do to help will be our obligation to provide!

It is our dedication and love of Darkfall that drives us forward in our goals to help create a strong playerbase!

I know many of you really feel this way to! If people didn't love this game, these forums wouldn't be full of passion which fuels the positivity and indeed the negativity!

Many thanks to you all ;)

Regards

NEW clan leadership (EU)
Achilles Darkfrost
Reggie thebright
Asnar Grafton
Willy Boy

Wyverex
05-08-2010, 12:32
We will continue to add additions to the post and continue modifying it to be an easier read. A few ideas along those lines:
use list BB code (the thing I'm using now)
use colors, but don't overdo it ;)
increase font size for main ideas
etc

It already looks OK but to get it's idea, you have to read through all of it.

A bit of coloring, (additional) bolding, use of lists, even use of different fonts, could go long way in sending the proper message to new players without boring 'em to death by wall of text :)

Asnar
05-08-2010, 12:49
A few ideas along those lines:
use list BB code (the thing I'm using now)
use colors, but don't overdo it ;)
increase font size for main ideas
etc

It already looks OK but to get it's idea, you have to read through all of it.

A bit of coloring, (additional) bolding, use of lists, even use of different fonts, could go long way in sending the proper message to new players without boring 'em to death by wall of text :)

Thanks Wyverex, i'll go about implementing this ;)

Temko Firewing
05-08-2010, 13:28
there are a few errors and quite a bit of 'i think'.

i'll elaborate here, this is 100% correct:
- House deeds come from chaos chests. Cottage deeds have been known to drop of goblins. some other monsters might be capable of dropping deeds, but so far none have confirmed a drop by anything but a goblin.

- There are aproximerly 800 house spots available in the game. out of there around 750 are taken on the EU1 server.
to place a house you need to have the deed in your bag and be on the spot you wish it placed (the spot is either a abandond house - which displays either "former house of <name>" or no name at all - or a empty house plot.

Each house costs 10 gold per hour in tax. you can pay the tax after 750 gold has been reached (~3 days). you can delay payment of house tax up to 13 days for a total of 3120 gold. house tax is paid by pointing at a house wall, pressing G and selecting the tax payment option.

Each house has a Owner and one friend. Cottages, Houses and Villas have no way to increase the ammount of slots for friends. Large Villas can get a "Guest room extention" item and Keeps can get a "Large Guest room extention item". Large villa's get +4 slots (total of 1+5) and keeps get +9 slots (total of 10+1).

Decorative items for houses are not craftable. doors for houses are (woodcutting 75). Each item for houses is, like the house deeds, a drop from Chaos chests.
Different items have different function, most of them merely decorative. the notable exeptions to the decorate items are:

(large) guest room extention
10gold or 100g Slot machine (silver and gold versions)
Safe (usaly by only the owner, not friends
Vendor Booth (owner of the house can add place items, friends can buy like anyone else
Choas Station. Chaos stations are special crafting stations, it is a random crafting station, you dont know what you will get untill you place one. replacing a chaos station will make the other disapear, and not be placed in your bag like other items you replace. there are Enchanting, cooking, smelt/smithing and a workbench chaos stations.

Laenih
05-08-2010, 13:30
We know you only have the best in mind for the game and your input is always welcome but please keep it to respective threads and don't derail every spotlight thread with the same suggestions.

Thank you.

Kimoshu
05-08-2010, 13:44
- House deeds come from chaos chests. Cottage deeds have been known to drop of goblins. some other monsters might be capable of dropping deeds, but so far none have confirmed a drop by anything but a goblin.
[/LIST]

I got my cottage deed off a hobgoblin so I can confirm that more than just regular goblins drop them.

Good tips but agreed with the idea of more text formatting as you have a series of oddly grouped/organized walls for the most part which makes it difficult to read. Keep up the good work guys and thank you for these tips for newbies, I will be copying down the link to that thread to give to newbies!

-Andrew

katahlyn
05-08-2010, 17:25
Good stuff. Weird time for a spotlight :P

Not weird considering there's another type of trial coming.

screw loose
05-08-2010, 18:28
NEW NA came first. NEW EU followed. Recognize.

Keno
05-08-2010, 18:42
Not weird considering there's another type of trial coming.

It was posted late last night EST time.

It was a weird time

Wepdesign
05-08-2010, 18:44
Implement ig macro functions/key bindings

Torinar
05-08-2010, 18:54
NEW NA came first. NEW EU followed. Recognize.

What I reckon is that both clans are good for the game. This is not a war, no one won. The important thing is that the game benefits from this idea.

Sefearion
05-08-2010, 19:47
Thank you very much for the information and links provided, they really helped :)

Reggiew
05-09-2010, 09:00
This text is not planned ahead. Its just written right after there idea was born to have something on new forum to help out players. This instead of always having to answer the same questions or recognizing the questions players might have by own experience. Meant for New's forum, not for this forum. It's been asked to post here and is agreed upon but only anonymous.

The text has been written by a player who's fairly new himself, having played 3 months now, so not assuming everything is correct, therefor the ''i think's".

It's simply been written spontaneous and has not taken more then 2 hours to complete and the points (*) are all from head and not some collection of points before writing the document. Its all done and moved a bit on the fly. It's never meant to be some sort of neatly well developed document to for instance be posted on this forum. There's already enough of such topics on these forums. The idea was to leave the corrections to others after the list was created.
The list is also meant as a list to answer questions that come to mind while playing the game. Things a new player wonders about and has to google for or ask in alliance or clan chat.
That or things him/her should know but noone will tell him/her.Take the ''save all cheese'' for example.
Its not really meant as a list of answers before you even start playing the game. Its meant as a list of answers to questions you arent sure of what the answer is, while you progress through the game.

henderson791
05-10-2010, 12:27
Thanks for the compliments all. Really great help.Thanks as always!

________________________________________ ___
Wine Investment (http://www.wineinvestment.org)
Fine Wine Investment (http://www.wineinvestment.org/Fine_Wine_Investment.html)

MavenGamer
05-18-2010, 21:55
meh...