PDA

View Full Version : Community Developer Communication

Pages : 1 [2]

Solvito
04-28-2010, 21:48
Damn thats terrible...

It really baffles me that these guys could come up with a pretty decent game despite being so clueless on such basic issues such as treating customers in a way that doesn't completely piss them off.took them nearly 8 years to have what we have got now...what do u expect em to do in 1 year and a half?:bang::bang:

Machinistlol
04-28-2010, 23:58
weekly updates id like them every 2-4 weeks what you want them do a daily updates?

Chris Windblade
04-29-2010, 00:11
to start, i quit at the end of February. I had an active and played every day since launch on eu then xfered to Na when it was avail to us.

things i noticed right off since i started the free 14 days of return. (Note i played for approx 5 hrs last night.)

1 the game was a bit smother and i noticed the new icons for items.

2 the new monster spawns are omg good. not only do they spawn when you in the area but they also have that cool ***** sorry no spoilers from me. when they spawn.

3 the AI from what i could tell is spot on. I Battled every mob from shoal to center of agon last night.the AI is good the spells don't feel to out of balance i did notice that they don't run as often from you when you rip out the sword as often as when the AI was first introduce.

4 the starter towns were not empty but were not packed like when i first started but that i think is a semi good thing. It gives new players a chance to get a feel before running more then 100 meters away before they get walloped.

Things that i have noticed was not changed in any way.

1 The loading times to load in to the game,load when died or when just porting back to the bindstone.this is still way to long of a wait time it almost hangs at times.

2 the chunking between server lines is still very buggy and laggy almost a 4 sec lag spike every few 100 feet is just annoying.

3 no change to melee at all yeah there is some speck additions but still no more special maneuvers from launch 4 special attack moves is weak at best. magic has a ton of different maneuvers like a blind short stuns like the cloud spells. there is hi pitched sounds for spells to stun or trick players. melee is very bland in comparison to any of the other fighting styles if you want to speck melee and go all out no magic with the build that way you are very limited to moves.

4 there still is no motive or reason for small scale skirmishes or 1v1 pvp in areas. there needs to be more special mobs spawn or have scaling mobs in an area like for example, a normal mob spawn in a fairly open area has random boss mobs that spawn or 2nd tir mobs spawn when the area is cleared to fast.This will attract people to these spawns besides just the loot or mats that can be gotten.

There needs to be more kinds of loot added to the game that only spawns on specific mobs types or rare items. not crafting mats or weapons so to speak.

5 sounds on weapons and some items are still out of sync

6 still no in game ambiance no forest sounds or creaking doors when they are opened. no sounds of water in a dungeon that has water in it. No water fall sounds, no rain sounds no wind sounds yet the trees and grass are blowing? this makes no sense to me. the added mob sounds when they **** (sorry no spoilers from me) add a great deal to background sounds and keeps you on your toes that much more things like they are needed in this game. its a layer that allows stealth with out the skill.

This is just a few things i have noticed since i rejoined last night after spending a good time reseting my hot keys and listening to the chat channels to gather in-tell.
More to come in the next few days.. I really hope, tasos you guys are not doing this just for the heck of it for a save of face and this will equate to a better experience for us players.

I did not quit do to grind so to speak, or because the game was tough or i couldn't pvp or any of that reasons. #1 reason was do to the afk cheaters, the macros that took 4 people to accomplish like the group sex macro, the every time i log in the clan is to busy macroing to get to 100 in all skills there to busy to pvp or do any thing for that matter .
I also quite because i felt after witnessing it all no matter how many times people got reported with 100% proof they never got banned. i felt the gms didn't care. so why should i bother. i have been keeping up in the forums and vent and in private forums . so i still listen to people cheating all the time. i have to report tho that since the last 2 months alot of them i listen to got banned as of lately.

Chris Windblade
04-29-2010, 00:26
to start, i quit at the end of February. I had an active and played every day since launch on eu then xfered to Na when it was avail to us.

things i noticed right off since i started the free 14 days of return. (Note i played for approx 5 hrs last night.)

1 the game was a bit smother and i noticed the new icons for items.

2 the new monster spawns are omg good. not only do they spawn when you in the area but they also have that cool ***** sorry no spoilers from me. when they spawn.

3 the AI from what i could tell is spot on. I Battled every mob from shoal to center of agon last night.the AI is good the spells don't feel to out of balance i did notice that they don't run as often from you when you rip out the sword as often as when the AI was first introduce.

4 the starter towns were not empty but were not packed like when i first started but that i think is a semi good thing. It gives new players a chance to get a feel before running more then 100 meters away before they get walloped.

Things that i have noticed was not changed in any way.

1 The loading times to load in to the game,load when died or when just porting back to the bindstone.this is still way to long of a wait time it almost hangs at times.

2 the chunking between server lines is still very buggy and laggy almost a 4 sec lag spike every few 100 feet is just annoying.

3 no change to melee at all yeah there is some speck additions but still no more special maneuvers from launch 4 special attack moves is weak at best. magic has a ton of different maneuvers like a blind short stuns like the cloud spells. there is hi pitched sounds for spells to stun or trick players. melee is very bland in comparison to any of the other fighting styles if you want to speck melee and go all out no magic with the build that way you are very limited to moves.

4 there still is no motive or reason for small scale skirmishes or 1v1 pvp in areas. there needs to be more special mobs spawn or have scaling mobs in an area like for example, a normal mob spawn in a fairly open area has random boss mobs that spawn or 2nd tir mobs spawn when the area is cleared to fast.This will attract people to these spawns besides just the loot or mats that can be gotten.

There needs to be more kinds of loot added to the game that only spawns on specific mobs types or rare items. not crafting mats or weapons so to speak.

5 sounds on weapons and some items are still out of sync

6 still no in game ambiance no forest sounds or creaking doors when they are opened. no sounds of water in a dungeon that has water in it. No water fall sounds, no rain sounds no wind sounds yet the trees and grass are blowing? this makes no sense to me. the added mob sounds when they **** (sorry no spoilers from me) add a great deal to background sounds and keeps you on your toes that much more things like they are needed in this game. its a layer that allows stealth with out the skill.

This is just a few things i have noticed since i rejoined last night after spending a good time reseting my hot keys and listening to the chat channels to gather in-tell.
More to come in the next few days.. I really hope, tasos you guys are not doing this just for the heck of it for a save of face and this will equate to a better experience for us players.

I did not quit do to grind so to speak, or because the game was tough or i couldn't pvp or any of that reasons. #1 reason was do to the afk cheaters, the macros that took 4 people to accomplish like the group sex macro, the every time i log in the clan is to busy macroing to get to 100 in all skills there to busy to pvp or do any thing for that matter .
I also quite because i felt after witnessing it all no matter how many times people got reported with 100% proof they never got banned. i felt the gms didn't care. so why should i bother. i have been keeping up in the forums and vent and in private forums . so i still listen to people cheating all the time. i have to report tho that since the last 2 months alot of them i listen to got banned as of lately.

Jawsome
04-29-2010, 01:24
Awesome

psychosiszz
04-29-2010, 01:24
weekly updates id like them every 2-4 weeks what you want them do a daily updates?

No I was just guessing that a Community Developer Communication would involve the Developers.

Laz
04-29-2010, 03:03
No I was just guessing that a Community Developer Communication would involve the Developers.

Fool of a Took!

Spade Spirit
04-29-2010, 08:18
I have been a darkfall player since day 1 (feb 25~26th 2009). Like many others in the beginning I felt AV was a great company with great ideas and I had faith they knew what needed to be done. I gave them the benefit of the doubt when everyone was calling Darkfall vaporware during the NDA. I remember the fevered excitement that was going around the forums close to launch and we witnessed that giddiness with the F5 spams of refreshing pages, the polls about which race people would be, and the downing of preorder sites in seconds.

As that initial excitement wore off, the community quickly gave feedback of what they felt were obvious game fixes. I was among those posting on forums back before the suggestion section with nieve optimism the dev's would prompty act with the fixes needed...Meanwhile as an Alfar (heard it was the worst) but I could not get 100 feet from the towers without getting pked. It was hard to just earn 100 gold off goblins to pay for the most basic gear. I admit I still have post traumatic stress over hearing the notching of a bow, because when I heard that sound, it ment death was imminent. I was always at low vitals when I got pked which I felt was cowardly and an unfair advantage. Without the needed fast patches however, those were the people Darkfall was attracting.

Very quickly, (within first month of launch), the clan I was in thinned out to a small fraction of what it was starting out. Frustration mounted as those that practiced gayness were rewarded, while the hardworking, self reliant, honest, casual, logic using, salt of the earth players began to dissipate. At that point I started to get upset with Aventurine for the seemingly intentional sabotage of the perfect MMO game concept. So I began creating suggestions more frequently, along with many others, siting all the reasons why the masses were leaving Darkfall. Our most basic pleas were coldly unanswered as patch after patch failed to address these basic pleas. Not only were we ignored and called QQers or told to go back to WoW, but I was banned from forums for calling a moderator tyrannical. Many of us fought and lobbied hard for the better of Darkfall only to be ridiculed and ignored while all we were trying to do was help. The state we are in is no suprize to me and many others.

Well here we are, AV - Tasos, over 14 months later to a population that barely beats a private UO server's population (UO Gamers: Hybrid).

The biggest problems I had with Darkfall back then:
- Lack of real justice system (alignment)
- harvesting and crafting times
- bad viewing screen
- character movement

You know what the biggest problems I have now with Darkfall are?:
- bad viewing screen
- character movement
- unable to log-in due to constant virtual memory errors (BSoDs)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

TBH I'm really not sure why I even am still loyally subscribed. I am soo burnt out on hunting mobs for cash/enchanting mats, grinding, harvesting, or looking for a decent pvp fight. I don't give a fuck what the trolls may say about this post because I'm not loathing for e-peener's acceptance. I'm posting it for the Dev's in the rare chance that they actually read it, let alone understand where we are coming from.

I just want to enjoy Darkfall, and I'm not alone in that wish.

-spade

Nannari
04-29-2010, 09:27
Good initiative from AV.

Where are my friends at? Cba resubbing if I've got nobody to play with!

Elagost
04-29-2010, 10:37
Good initiative from AV.

Where are my friends at? Cba resubbing if I've got nobody to play with!

Nannari?! :ninja:

Nannari
04-29-2010, 12:47
Nannari?! :ninja:

That is me!

Elagost
04-29-2010, 12:57
That is me!

Check your PM :)

foojin
04-29-2010, 14:02
How about some status info on EU-1 still being down?

Guess you still need to work on your communication. :bang:

Kasmos
04-29-2010, 14:17
I have been a darkfall player since day 1 (feb 25~26th 2009). Like many others in the beginning I felt AV was a great company with great ideas and I had faith they knew what needed to be done. I gave them the benefit of the doubt when everyone was calling Darkfall vaporware during the NDA. I remember the fevered excitement that was going around the forums close to launch and we witnessed that giddiness with the F5 spams of refreshing pages, the polls about which race people would be, and the downing of preorder sites in seconds.

As that initial excitement wore off, the community quickly gave feedback of what they felt were obvious game fixes. I was among those posting on forums back before the suggestion section with nieve optimism the dev's would prompty act with the fixes needed...Meanwhile as an Alfar (heard it was the worst) but I could not get 100 feet from the towers without getting pked. It was hard to just earn 100 gold off goblins to pay for the most basic gear. I admit I still have post traumatic stress over hearing the notching of a bow, because when I heard that sound, it ment death was imminent. I was always at low vitals when I got pked which I felt was cowardly and an unfair advantage. Without the needed fast patches however, those were the people Darkfall was attracting.

Very quickly, (within first month of launch), the clan I was in thinned out to a small fraction of what it was starting out. Frustration mounted as those that practiced gayness were rewarded, while the hardworking, self reliant, honest, casual, logic using, salt of the earth players began to dissipate. At that point I started to get upset with Aventurine for the seemingly intentional sabotage of the perfect MMO game concept. So I began creating suggestions more frequently, along with many others, siting all the reasons why the masses were leaving Darkfall. Our most basic pleas were coldly unanswered as patch after patch failed to address these basic pleas. Not only were we ignored and called QQers or told to go back to WoW, but I was banned from forums for calling a moderator tyrannical. Many of us fought and lobbied hard for the better of Darkfall only to be ridiculed and ignored while all we were trying to do was help. The state we are in is no suprize to me and many others.

Well here we are, AV - Tasos, over 14 months later to a population that barely beats a private UO server's population (UO Gamers: Hybrid).

The biggest problems I had with Darkfall back then:
- bad viewing screen
- character movement

You know what the biggest problems I have now with Darkfall are?:
- bad viewing screen
- character movement
- unable to log-in due to constant virtual memory errors (BSoDs)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

TBH I'm really not sure why I even am still loyally subscribed. I am soo burnt out on hunting mobs for cash/enchanting mats, grinding, harvesting, or looking for a decent pvp fight. I don't give a fuck what the trolls may say about this post because I'm not loathing for e-peener's acceptance. I'm posting it for the Dev's in the rare chance that they actually read it, let alone understand where we are coming from.

I just want to enjoy Darkfall, and I'm not alone in that wish.

-spade

SPADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Long time no see here on forumfall.

Anyway, good post, although I think you're missing:

- lack of good sandbox features
- horrendous grind

: on your list of negatives. But overall good post and I feel the same way. It's like if you try to give suggestions to make Darkfall better and the population more flourishing, the "hardcore" few attack you with insults and call you a "QQer" or say "Go back to WoW". And people wonder why we have the population we have today....

Holy Cheater
04-29-2010, 14:26
It would be perfect if you would inform us about extended downtimes and their estimates. It's not hard, it's a common practice. ;-)

L-C
04-29-2010, 16:13
So when will the developer communication start? All we are getting now are the same one sided infrequent updates we have been getting since launch. Your one post about grind left a lot of people unsatisfied, and you haven't even tried to address any of the other issues people have with the game.

Bakou
04-29-2010, 18:11
Darkfall needs clothing and dyes asap.

Keno
04-29-2010, 18:23
Darkfall needs clothing and dyes asap.

Most likely in the June Expansion.

axalon
04-29-2010, 20:52
Dear devs/liaisons,

As the grind discussion seems to move towards an end for now, I'm sure we all are eager to know what topic is next up for discussion (at least i am), and when the discussions will start.

It would be great if you would make a list of topics to come. I hope for:

-Economics
-Fluff (RP Content)
-Features

Beowulf Wagner
04-29-2010, 23:13
Where is communication now?????

Server down again, i dont wanna communicate no more i want a working game.

Sacra Luna
04-29-2010, 23:15
Where is communication now?????

Server down again, i dont wanna communicate no more i want a working game.

This!

Falesh
04-29-2010, 23:19
Communication about server downs, why they happen and what is being done to make sure it doesn't happen again is by far and away the most important thing.

MortalZero
04-29-2010, 23:19
Is 1 am in greece , devs are human and need to sleep sometimes. Servers also in germany, they got informed and now the need to find out whats caused it first. Give em a break.

BlueOreo
04-29-2010, 23:21
Communication about server downs, why they happen and what is being done to make sure it doesn't happen again is by far and away the most important thing.

I completely disagree.

I could care less about knowing why the server went down, and as a sensible person, I realize why this information shouldn't be shared with the general public. Just fix it so it doesn't happen again.

I'd much rather know where the game is going and why.

BA-BAM!
http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=244731

Falesh
04-30-2010, 00:15
I completely disagree.

I could care less about knowing why the server went down, and as a sensible person, I realize why this information shouldn't be shared with the general public. Just fix it so it doesn't happen again.

I'd much rather know where the game is going and why.

BA-BAM!
http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=244731

These crashes have a huge impact on the game, why should we remain uninformed about them? I'm sure you would be pissed and wanting an answer if you had spent a tonne of time, effort and resources to win a siege only to have a server crash lose it for you.

BlueOreo
04-30-2010, 00:18
These crashes have a huge impact on the game, why should we remain uninformed about them? I'm sure you would be pissed and wanting an answer if you had spent a tonne of time, effort and resources to win a siege only to have a server crash lose it for you.

You do realize that they can't and shouldn't tell you why the server went down, right?

As in... someone with an agenda will try to replicate those conditions to bring it down again in the future?

And of course I'd be angry if that happened to me, but I still wouldn't want it to be their most important talking point.

Strondomir
04-30-2010, 00:57
We wanted to start talking about the issues immediately, but we feel that explaining what we’re trying to do is needed first. This introduction post, as well as all subsequent posts are the products of collaboration between several senior developers and our community and support teams, not the work of one author.

It’s not always apparent what’s happening when we’re systematically working our way towards major changes within the game. We haven’t been doing a good enough job at communicating our long-term goals and the constraints we have to work with and this is probably why there’s also a feeling in the community that changes aren’t happening quickly enough.

We’ll do our best however to give you a broad overview of what we’re working on and we'll also try explain some of our reasoning so you can hopefully get a much better understanding of where the game is headed.

I suppose after reading through this entire thread, the "communication" between the community here and The Darkfall TEAM seems to be lop-sided. Your post sent all of us some glimmer of hope that maybe there will be a 2-way communication between the developers and the end-users.

Something's missing. Thank you.

Falesh
04-30-2010, 09:32
You do realize that they can't and shouldn't tell you why the server went down, right?

As in... someone with an agenda will try to replicate those conditions to bring it down again in the future?

And of course I'd be angry if that happened to me, but I still wouldn't want it to be their most important talking point.

lol I don't want them to say "the server crashed due to someone at location 11'2 14'6 clicking on a rock", that would be stupid. What I want them to say is something like "the server went down because it can't handle sieges any more, we will be upgrading it soon" or "the server went down due to a bug, we have identified it and will be patching it asap".

chokke
04-30-2010, 13:07
Is 1 am in greece , devs are human and need to sleep sometimes. Servers also in germany, they got informed and now the need to find out whats caused it first. Give em a break.
Oh for rufks sake, it was two weeks since last time server crashed, we still haven't heard a word. Heck, I am not even sure they know of it.

lol I don't want them to say "the server crashed due to someone at location 11'2 14'6 clicking on a rock", that would be stupid. What I want them to say is something like "the server went down because it can't handle sieges any more, we will be upgrading it soon" or "the server went down due to a bug, we have identified it and will be patching it asap".
Exactly. A simply 'We are sorry, and we are working on addressing the issue to fix it' is enough. Total silence is not something that will keep playerbase interested in paying to play the game.

stony23
04-30-2010, 19:27
tasos i would like to know if you can officially confirm that we were the first clan in darkfall that built a manowar legit.

MortalZero
05-05-2010, 11:56
What we’d like to do here is to take the areas we’ve identified one at a time, starting with character progression issues AKA “the grind” tomorrow, and addressing them by briefly explaining our past actions, our short and our long-term plans.

Hello ?? anybody out there ?

Communication protocol initiated...
Playerbase to DF devs ...roger ..waiting for info on next areas...roger...
awaiting explanations of past actions, example why functional house extensions arn't crafted by crafters and base on random loot..roger..
what is your long-term plans regarding sandbox style ? more items depend on random loot or return to sandbox paradigm in your game design...roger..
Playerbase awaiting further communication...all channels open...roger..
Using wrong transmission frequenzy ?? ..roger ?..
awaiting further information on how we proceed ..roger..

Chris Windblade
05-17-2010, 22:53
are you players new to darkfall that are posting in this thread? why on earth are you expecting tasos to reply even remotely soonish. every thing they have done is like me saying ill be there in an minute and show up 3 hrs later.

he said they want to talk about it he will get to it once hes done eating the tacos of tasos for real tho huh?

any ways you want your voices heard then stop paying when they have 300 people paying in game they will wake the fuck up seriously.

Aristos
05-18-2010, 10:47
Been nearly 3 weeks since the follow up on the character progression discussion. And still no word of the other areas they claimed they would discuss with us.

What else is new?

chokke
05-18-2010, 11:04
Been nearly 3 weeks since the follow up on the character progression discussion. And still no word of the other areas they claimed they would discuss with us.

What else is new?

The twitter is damn awesome.

Elmi
05-18-2010, 11:58
They are working hard on June x-pack. Leave them alone.

axalon
05-18-2010, 12:09
They are working hard on June x-pack. Leave them alone.

Gee, how hard could it be for AV to post something like "We're working hard on June's xpac - Leave us alone".

Temko Firewing
05-18-2010, 12:19
Gee, how hard could it be for AV to post something like "We're working hard on June's xpac - Leave us alone".

that'd be more communication then we have now.

" Fuck of, we're getting there, go gank a newb with r90's or something"

Thorskal
05-18-2010, 13:19
" Fuck of, we're getting there, go gank a newb with r90's or something"

:lmao: That's what I saw Blood Bolt doing in Silverspear last night. Killing off the new blood. Way to go! Woot!

Elmi
05-18-2010, 14:24

Oh, come on. There still would be people bitching "wtf! that's lame post, no info! how hard would it be to post 'we are working on XXX and YYY for June x-pac!!!'"

MortalZero
05-19-2010, 13:43
But it sounds like a broken promise again ..

What we’d like to do here is to take the areas we’ve identified one at a time, starting with character progression issues AKA “the grind” tomorrow, and addressing them by briefly explaining our past actions, our short and our long-term plans.

could be interpreted like they would not stop communicating with the skill progression issue and would continue with more important stuff. For example the rare random drops that goes against all whats sandbox and freedom is about.

Can we have a topic on this now (sandbox features, sandbox content) that skill progression is out the way ?????

drinkingjam
05-19-2010, 14:41
Leave tasos alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zezune
05-19-2010, 14:52
Oh, come on. There still would be people bitching "wtf! that's lame post, no info! how hard would it be to post 'we are working on XXX and YYY for June x-pac!!!'"

Probably. But there would be less people bitching.

No communication ===> Bad communication ===> Decent communication ===> Good communication.

I'll take bad over none.

Pureblade
05-19-2010, 19:03
Can we have a topic on this now (sandbox features, sandbox content) that skill progression is out the way ?????
+1. And we don't just need it sometime, we need it last week. :rolleyes:

Rekshop
05-20-2010, 17:23
But it sounds like a broken promise again ..

could be interpreted like they would not stop communicating with the skill progression issue and would continue with more important stuff. For example the rare random drops that goes against all whats sandbox and freedom is about.

The reasonable person would assume that, but we are talking about AV here. Wait another 2 months before they post the next topic :lmao:

Zaffax
05-20-2010, 18:23
Funny thing is that wasnt AV supposed to implement some type of Developer forums or something?

screw loose
05-20-2010, 18:42
Funny thing is that wasnt AV supposed to implement some type of Developer forums or something?

swallow a knife

Temko Firewing
05-20-2010, 18:45

oh, you didnt get access?
all sorts of cool stuff on it.

just last month Ed posted his famour gourmet recipe. and a week ago Michelle (not to be confused with Misselle) showed how to turn on the development server. amazing stuff.

:ninja:

Pureblade
05-20-2010, 19:16
Yup, they were - like several weeks ago. To separate it from the spotlights, so y'all won't get confused (by all the information? :D).

Corpsepoker
05-20-2010, 19:18

Hey, yeah.

I completely forgot about this.

Hmmm.

HighTime
05-20-2010, 19:28
wow how can one company continue to fail so hard

im starting to think AV is just trolling us and they dont give a fuck

Bakou
05-20-2010, 20:05
y?

paxprobellum
05-20-2010, 21:34
im starting to think AV is just trolling us

You and me both.

Community Developer Communication! Here's a spotlight thread. Two Spotlight Threads! Okay, see you later.

SynCaine
05-20-2010, 21:43
wow how can one company continue to fail so hard

im starting to think AV is just trolling us and they dont give a fuck

I'm fairly sure AV is heavily invested in DarkFall, which is why they are busy working on a patch for next week and an expansion for June.

I suspect they might not be as heavily invested in ForumFall as some of the 'hardcore' players around here, which is why they don't bother to update us on what they eat for breakfast every morning, and then follow up with how it looked coming out.

Working on patches > talking about patches, but then again I play more DarkFall than a I do ForumFall. I can see how some around here might not agree.

Gravelsack
05-20-2010, 22:10
For those of you who haven't noticed, they post an update every Tuesday, and frankly, with all the name calling, I wouldn't want to talk to you either.

MortalZero
05-26-2010, 15:19
Please communictae with us again, Aventurine.

Saorlan
05-26-2010, 15:23
For those of you who haven't noticed, they post an update every Tuesday, and frankly, with all the name calling, I wouldn't want to talk to you either.

I totally agree, there is something about the internet and especialy this game that brings out the trolls.

Shino-PIC
05-26-2010, 15:29
I'm fairly sure they are busy working on a patch for next week and an expansion for June.

Working on patches > talking about patches.

Sounds good... but painting new models and even working on new patches while ignoring tons of exploits and bugs, many (may be not all, but many) of which can be fixed with less resources than all those elite wildlife shit and other omfg_so_damn_important patches requires, makes it stupid and loosing players.

One of many dirty things discussed on this forums:
http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=247402

Temko Firewing
05-26-2010, 15:36

:confused:

Bakou
05-26-2010, 16:29
just play the game, fuck.

MortalZero
05-26-2010, 16:36
Starting having problems with someone to play is the issue. My clan gets more and more inactive. News about upcoming features or even any discussion on devs plans / ideas would help get some attention there.

chokke
05-26-2010, 16:50
just play the game, fuck.

Some of us are trying (not me any more though, I just troll the forums), but it's not really making it a possible job.

Lord Jenicus
05-26-2010, 17:36
Sounds good... but painting new models and even working on new patches while ignoring tons of exploits and bugs, many (may be not all, but many) of which can be fixed with less resources than all those elite wildlife shit and other omfg_so_damn_important patches requires, makes it stupid and loosing players.

One of many dirty things discussed on this forums:
http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=247402

Art Team = Not responsible for fixing the "tons of exploits and bugs". :rolleyes:

chokke
05-26-2010, 18:07
Art Team = Not responsible for fixing the "tons of exploits and bugs". :rolleyes:

At least they are able to provide some of the stuff of what they are working on.
The way I see it now, is that the dev team just codes a bunch of shit, tries it, then figures it doesn't work and start over again. That way, they never know when it's done, and what might work and not... Sigh

Skilla
05-26-2010, 19:32
Tasos !
*Say hi or something!
*Say we are working hard, and the expansions are still going to release around the next few months!

*Say anything about the Health patch that could be as early as last week.

World Dominator
05-26-2010, 20:26
Yup, new updates would be nice it's been a while. Don't fall back in the old non-communication mode please.

axalon
05-26-2010, 20:43
What we’d like to do here is to take the areas we’ve identified one at a time[...]

So when is the rest coming? How hard can it be to give some time estimates? Once a month? Twice a year?

I love darkfalls potential, but I hardly play anymore. With a family and real life chores, my playstyle is casual and irregular, thus I tend to play solo. This has become quite boring lately though.

Now, I don't care to much if there's a huge grind or how long it takes to max out skills. I care about gameplay, a dynamic world with lots of options and choices. I care about micro politics and lore, racial wars, crafting, fluff.

At the moment, I'm still subscribing, and probably will for some time, but I really hope you'll soon start the interaction you promised - in other areas than the grind. And last but not least: Give us a roadmap.

oG-
05-27-2010, 00:34
See, people!

This is why i have kept 3 accounts subbed for two months now, and only logged in once or twice....

I GOTZ THE HOPE!!! :D

Holio
05-27-2010, 06:54
Dont you fools get it.. day after day. no update. week after week, no update. month after month.. you get the picture. I told you all that this would happen. The second Tasos posts something, all the fanboys cheer in unison, then i come here and tell them all that it is just the same AV rederick. For those who have played the game and fallowed the forums scince official release will agree. and if u dont. your in denile. Complete and utter scilence have plagued these boards from the very beginning. Now i will say it again. Dont ever trust AV. they say one thing, then completly do a 180 EVERY TIME THEY POST!! :bang: :bang: Just learn to not believe a damn word they say, and these forums will be much more enjoyable.

After a year though, even i am giving up hope for this game. Its becomming painfully obvious that even the devs dont want this game to succeed. I dont know anymore. Fuck this shit. Summer is coming nearer. Go outside. Unsub for the summer. Join back in the fall. Honestly what do you have to lose? (besides your whole summer grinding or macroing spells to be competitive. The sun is nice. i promise. People are leaving in droves anyways. join them and live life! DF "might" be here when u get back. If it isn't i really wouldn't care anyways. This game is so fundamentally broken its un fixable.

Jawsome
05-27-2010, 07:46
they are doing something though that's for sure.

Jawsome
05-27-2010, 07:47
As long as its anything but launching the hello kitty expansion pack im sure its a good thing.

chokke
05-27-2010, 09:24
Can one of those with a poomustache tell me something spesific this weeks patch will bring?
I mean, since AV communication is so good, and AV is so awesome, and AV is the best and DF is the best and we're just hators, you must know something.
'Adressing some issues causing Virtual Adress Space' is not really anything spesific. Loot-adjustment, new working (and well tested) features is something spesific.

Now, get your head out of AV's butt and see the reality. An unplayable client, stuttering, loadinglag, etc etc all adds up to the frustration.

Solvito
05-27-2010, 11:23
Dont you fools get it.. day after day. no update. week after week, no update. month after month.. you get the picture. I told you all that this would happen. The second Tasos posts something, all the fanboys cheer in unison, then i come here and tell them all that it is just the same AV rederick. For those who have played the game and fallowed the forums scince official release will agree. and if u dont. your in denile. Complete and utter scilence have plagued these boards from the very beginning. Now i will say it again. Dont ever trust AV. they say one thing, then completly do a 180 EVERY TIME THEY POST!! :bang: :bang: Just learn to not believe a damn word they say, and these forums will be much more enjoyable.

After a year though, even i am giving up hope for this game. Its becomming painfully obvious that even the devs dont want this game to succeed. I dont know anymore. Fuck this shit. Summer is coming nearer. Go outside. Unsub for the summer. Join back in the fall. Honestly what do you have to lose? (besides your whole summer grinding or macroing spells to be competitive. The sun is nice. i promise. People are leaving in droves anyways. join them and live life! DF "might" be here when u get back. If it isn't i really wouldn't care anyways. This game is so fundamentally broken its un fixable.i agree with you and have been stating this for nearly a year.

-Havoc-
05-27-2010, 18:57

After a year though, even i am giving up hope for this game. Its becomming painfully obvious that even the devs dont want this game to succeed. I dont know anymore. Fuck this shit. Summer is coming nearer. Go outside. Unsub for the summer. Join back in the fall. Honestly what do you have to lose? (besides your whole summer grinding or macroing spells to be competitive. The sun is nice. i promise. People are leaving in droves anyways. join them and live life! DF "might" be here when u get back. If it isn't i really wouldn't care anyways. This game is so fundamentally broken its un fixable.

It's been like this since 2003, lol.

paxprobellum
05-27-2010, 19:07
Dont .. rederick ... fallowed ... scince ... denile ... scilence ... completly ... becomming

Am I really supposed to believe you know what you're talking about when post this crap?

Lumanil
05-27-2010, 19:17
Am I really supposed to believe you know what you're talking about when post this crap?

It's a secret code only he and his fellows can understand, but i did my best and deciphered some words of it. He is clearly saying, that the loves this game and is amazed, how cool-headed and deliberate AV is.
He is enjoying his good time in this game and wants to get everyone in this world to take part.

Aristos
05-27-2010, 22:40
I've been thinking that maybe Aventurine really is just super busy and their lack of communication is exaggerated by the community and we expect too much.

But lately i've been playing some other games that have been developed by similarly small dev teams. And their communication with the community, ability to balance the game, and keep consistent, steady updates is 50x better than that of Aventurine's. There's a human side to them that AV lacks. Thanks to AV's pisspoor PR skills, many players often feel like they don't care about communication or truly listening to the community, and when they say they do, many players just think they're bullshitting. This mindset is just made worse when Dev's do something like saying they will begin communication much better with the community about their future plans, then immediately after the first attempt become silent again for over a month.

Not delivering on claimed features they intended to implement was another thing that led people to believe they were just bullshitting us.

I remember reading a Dev Journal back in the day that was an interview with some guy. Whenever the guy asked a question about one of the features that is not currently in game, but AV said it would be (either in a journal or on their actual website), they'd simply respond by saying "We'd like our players to find this out by themselves". Obviously this is a way of saying that no, these features are not in game, but we want people to buy the game anyways to find that out themselves.

Rekshop
05-27-2010, 23:23
AV only communicates when the boiling point has been reached on the forums. This is how it has always been and will be. Don't expect anything more.

BluesFunk
05-28-2010, 15:54
Anyone who thought AV would actually ramp up the communication is beyond delusional. They've been spewing the same bullshit for years. Even as a small dev team, the management of the game and community relations have been abysmal from the start.

The game has such an enormous amount of potential one cannot help to keep following it after they wise up and unsub. Most of the features they implement are not only going in the opposite direction of the game's strengths, but are half-assed and don't really add anything beyond an hour of amusement when it's new.

chokke
05-28-2010, 16:15
AV only communicates when the boiling point has been reached on the forums. This is how it has always been and will be. Don't expect anything more.

Problem is, the boiling point is reached faster and faster each time. So at one point nothing will really help.

MortalZero
05-28-2010, 16:19
Communication please ! jeez i am a ardent supporter of DF, but they need to talk more, and niot just the official spotlight forum like..wouldn't we feel all much better if Claus or Kjetil just give short replys in some forum topic ? Not every topic is worthless, some are really constructive and important !

Aikar Walmoor
05-28-2010, 17:25
Anyone who thought AV would actually ramp up the communication is beyond delusional. They've been spewing the same bullshit for years. Even as a small dev team, the management of the game and community relations have been abysmal from the start.

The game has such an enormous amount of potential one cannot help to keep following it after they wise up and unsub. Most of the features they implement are not only going in the opposite direction of the game's strengths, but are half-assed and don't really add anything beyond an hour of amusement when it's new.

i agree

MortalZero
05-31-2010, 12:43
What we can expect for the coming patch ? What is planned for June's expansion ? What's up there at Avenue Apostolou Pavlou 10B ? How are you guys and gals ?

Wyndal
05-31-2010, 14:10
Yah.. the flood of information from the Devs since this post has been almost too much to keep up with.

Solvito
05-31-2010, 14:25
Yah.. the flood of information from the Devs since this post has been almost too much to keep up with.

totally, i had to quit my job and drop university in order to read all the information we´ve gotten.

banned4good
05-31-2010, 16:05
We wanted to start talking about the issues immediately, but we feel that explaining what we’re trying to do is needed first. This introduction post, as well as all subsequent posts are the products of collaboration between several senior developers and our community and support teams, not the work of one author.

Since Darkfall’s launch and over the past year we’ve been very interested in taking as much feedback on the game into consideration as possible. This feedback comes from many sources: our community, from testers, external forums, from our support team, reviewers, bloggers, fan sites, players in the game, our own player experience with the game, listening in on race chat, IRC etc. Through our own findings and with help from the feedback we’ve delivered two major expansions, over 30 patches, and many thousands of updates, additions, fixes, and changes so far. These have helped shape the game to what it is today and we know we don’t thank you enough for all the great debates and the input, but we really are grateful for them. More importantly, all your feedback helps us determine the direction the game will move towards, and therefore it's important in shaping the game's future.

Any meaningful improvement involves a long process of planning, design, development, testing and follow-up. As you can understand, Darkfall is an extremely complex system and even minor tweaks have to be carefully planned and executed. Massive sweeping changes can’t happen all at once, so what needs to happen is a process of smaller improvements and changes which eventually add up to the massive change.

Over the past year we’ve identified, prioritized, and have been working on several focus areas that we feel need the most attention. It’s no coincidence that these are the areas we get the most feedback about by the community. In assessing these areas against the feedback we receive, we’ve confirmed there are real issues needing serious attention, but we’ve also discovered smaller issues magnified by perception.

It’s not always apparent what’s happening when we’re systematically working our way towards major changes within the game. We haven’t been doing a good enough job at communicating our long-term goals and the constraints we have to work with and this is probably why there’s also a feeling in the community that changes aren’t happening quickly enough.

As a result of these communication gaps, it may also seem that we don’t care, or that we’re not working on the things that matter. In reality we’re consumed with tackling the major issues, there’s a clear and detailed plan, a very strong commitment and a lot of work being done behind the scenes on every level. We’re also constantly trying to improve our delivery times by streamlining our processes, and by getting more developers on the job. There are currently numerous smaller things in the works in many different areas of the game leading up to larger improvements across the board.

What we’d like to do here is to take the areas we’ve identified one at a time, starting with character progression issues AKA “the grind” tomorrow, and addressing them by briefly explaining our past actions, our short and our long-term plans. We’d like to hear back from you on these issues and we want to keep you better updated on our progress towards our goals so that the feedback is based on real information rather than on speculation. This is something we’ve been working towards for a while, improving our feedback collection process, and developing the spotlight forum to handle this kind of interaction.

Our day to day activity is rarely interesting enough and it’s also difficult to communicate in a meaningful way. We also feel that it's a bad idea to talk about everything. We’ll do our best however to give you a broad overview of what we’re working on and we'll also try explain some of our reasoning so you can hopefully get a much better understanding of where the game is headed.

Thank you.

where is this information you speak of?

chokke
05-31-2010, 16:08
where is this information you speak of?

Av is teh best.

WokBox
05-31-2010, 18:11
lol @ everyone who believed them and lol @ everyone who thought I was trolling when I said it wasn't going to happen (and all the butthurt rage afterwards)

Walking Target
05-31-2010, 18:26
lol @ everyone who believed them and lol @ everyone who thought I was trolling when I said it wasn't going to happen (and all the butthurt rage afterwards)

Did you quit, or did you lose this account too?

Jawsome
05-31-2010, 19:18
I think what they are trying is radical and they dont want to scare us too bad.

Skilla
05-31-2010, 20:43
yah.. The flood of information from the devs since this post has been almost too much to keep up with.

lol

Aikar Walmoor
05-31-2010, 20:54
so tomorrow is june, i guess the expansion will come on day 30th hopefully.

WokBox
05-31-2010, 21:02
Did you quit, or did you lose this account too?

You mean forum account? I'm on my 4th forum account I think but I have never been banned in-game let alone get a warning. I quit till the expansion. Still probably gonna stay that way then unless there are some major changes in attitude/mechanics.

The Dragonbane
05-31-2010, 22:16
I'm disappointed in the rate of communication updates.

Askeladden
05-31-2010, 22:19
q_q

brainiak
05-31-2010, 23:34
the calm before the storm.

Chris Windblade
06-01-2010, 07:38
welp i resubscribed this month to give av a last try out. i owe them the benefit of the doubt i have.

for me and all my clan and friends that i still am unable to talk back into rejoining for this month this is the last straw for darkfall. I really don't care if every thing gets in i just want some changes that make sense and add some life to this game. as is now for the week and a half i been back i am having such a hard time selling this game to a few friends i did talk into trying the game. the lack of players the lack of things to do the lack of skills that still are half broken the sounds that are still broken.

i think the worst thing of all is the first question out of my friends mouth was why the hell did it just take me litteraly 5 mins to log in? the second question was why is it every time some one shows up i get a lag spike. his words doesn't that take the sneak out of the only sneak you have in this game?

tbo prestige classes sounds cool in all but if they cant get the core game fixed what the hell good is extra broken stuff going to do ?

Sanoob
06-02-2010, 10:20
Something easy : When someone wants to stop his subsciption, just before he can do it you could create some king of poll to know why he is leaving !
You'll have a good feedback (better than what you can see from here)

brainiak
06-02-2010, 12:09
we know why people are leaving andlack of news isn't one of the main reasons.

Wyndal
06-02-2010, 13:51
we know why people are leaving andlack of news isn't one of the main reasons.

lack of news is definitely not a major cause for people leaving.

however, giving us more frequent communication as promised would most definitely keep people more engaged and might keep some people around that would otherwise leave.

see the difference there?

chokke
06-02-2010, 14:08
lack of news is definitely not a major cause for people leaving.

however, giving us more frequent communication as promised would most definitely keep people more engaged and might keep some people around that would otherwise leave.

see the difference there?

At least give a heads up that they are aware of balanceissues in the game and whatnot.
Heck, I don't even think they know of the horrible performance the game has had the last 5 months. Doesn't take 5 fucking months to fix this large issue. Same with minor balances. I don't want to wait for a fucking bear when the knockback on certain spells are gigantic. And don't give me that 'it's better to wait then recive broken product'-crap. What you're basically saying is that the game is fine the way it is, and you could wait months and months for the patch to arrive.

Lando
06-02-2010, 15:03
Perfomance Optimization belongs to the harder stuff in networks and programming. A MMO is complexer constructed as a toaster.

Changes in game mechanics for balancing is also something that needs careful deliberation, as a big mistake will ruin the whole thing in days.
What happened with UO?

Wyndal
06-02-2010, 15:55
What you're basically saying is that the game is fine the way it is, and you could wait months and months for the patch to arrive.

did you even read my post? or did you just click 'quote' because it was closer to your pointer?

chokke
06-02-2010, 16:11
did you even read my post? or did you just click 'quote' because it was closer to your pointer?

Pretty much the last. I started out answering, but then I rephrased and didn't bother remove it. Call it: 'adding bunch of useless shit in a stupid post' and see the paralell to Darkfall.

ViolentRebel
06-04-2010, 14:12
OP and THIS thread fails, because they haven't changed anything since this thread. It's really sad, but it's fact. :(

Sleepwalkerr
06-04-2010, 14:18
i bet 10k that if every player of df post here asking for info u will have it in 1 hour.

seniorortega
06-04-2010, 14:21
Info please!

rbeck
06-04-2010, 14:22
i bet 10k that if every player of df post here asking for info u will have it in 1 hour.

i agree lets do that. I want info!

Actually i don´t really care if the patch is pushed to next week but a new message with a short explanation that they have some small bugs to correct first would be really nice.
It´s just the no info that is frustrating me

MortalZero
06-04-2010, 14:34
Info please ! Patch status ? Patch delay status ? expansion status ? info on expansion ?

HoolCelt
06-04-2010, 14:36
We need the real info with contain of what will you add, not useless excuses.

chokke
06-04-2010, 14:38
We want explenations and understanding, not some shitty 'thank you for your patience'.
And FU to tall wankers taht thinks the state of the game is perfect apart from what AV changes. Time to move the stain from the upperlip?

johnnyc3po
06-04-2010, 14:53
We want explenations and understanding, not some shitty 'thank you for your patience'.
And FU to tall wankers taht thinks the state of the game is perfect apart from what AV changes. Time to move the stain from the upperlip?

meh, they are probably busy rioting.

chokke
06-04-2010, 18:52
There we go :) .
The latest post of Tasos was describsive and we can understand why patch is delayed. Earlier it was nothing.
Now, it would be nice to see summer expansion beeing integrated into to the patch since they have plenty of time to code while engineers are working.

Laxe
06-05-2010, 09:04
There we go :) .
The latest post of Tasos was describsive and we can understand why patch is delayed. Earlier it was nothing.
Now, it would be nice to see summer expansion beeing integrated into to the patch since they have plenty of time to code while engineers are working.

you seriously believe it will come out before august?

chokke
06-05-2010, 09:08
you seriously believe it will come out before august?

Nope, but atleast we got an explenation and they get some understanding (not to angry customers). It was more like a dream more then anything.

Laxe
06-05-2010, 09:23
Nope, but atleast we got an explenation and they get some understanding (not to angry customers). It was more like a dream more then anything.

it's been so past 16 months ;) they deliver explanations only when forum is filled with tears faster than brainfreeze deletes them

so yes im not happy since nothing has changed :rolleyes:

MortalZero
06-07-2010, 14:28
Have you answer'd MMORPGItalia.it Q&A already ?