PDA

View Full Version : We need war!

bartillo
04-09-2010, 07:32
Where are the sieges?.. no one seems to care about imperial conquest anymore, why not?

Someone needs to zerg it up and start expanding their empire.

edit: wrong forum. lol.. move this to na-1 discussions :p

Solvito
04-09-2010, 07:42
wrong post mate, the correct place was the Iraq war thread...u can request a new war...psychos need more carnage.

Sqarak
04-09-2010, 09:52
Where are the sieges?.. no one seems to care about imperial conquest anymore, why not?

Because maintaining an occupied territory costs a shitload of money nowadays, just look at Iraq.

Shaehl
04-09-2010, 17:43
Mainly because we completely obliterated their government and disbanded their army, throwing the country into chaos. Granted we pretty much had to or we would've had no justification for going to war.

But what we should have done is go in, take out Sadam and any of the leadership that refuses to cooperate, force them to sign a treaty of vassalage, install a puppet leader, and make said puppet completely subservient to a Governer General.

Drudley
04-09-2010, 17:59
Mainly because we completely obliterated their government and disbanded their army, throwing the country into chaos. Granted we pretty much had to or we would've had no justification for going to war.

But what we should have done is go in, take out Sadam and any of the leadership that refuses to cooperate, force them to sign a treaty of vassalage, install a puppet leader, and make said puppet completely subservient to a Governer General.

Two weeks later 50% of the population has suicide bombed your nuts.

Monkeyninja
04-09-2010, 20:05

Differnt from now in what way?

Wonderboy2402
04-09-2010, 20:50
Well I imagine China could really zerg it up...

Wait a minute, wrong forum. lol.

Odie
04-14-2010, 13:43

that is why you exterminate the orginal population in the territory you have taken.

Blixa
04-14-2010, 13:55
that is why you exterminate the orginal population in the territory you have taken.

Yeah, we need more Lebensraum anyways

Sqarak
04-14-2010, 14:10
Yeah, we need more Lebensraum anyways

If ever now is the chance to invade Poland again!

Blixa
04-14-2010, 18:16
If ever now is the change to invade Poland again!

Lol, I've actually had that conversation a few times already in the last few days here in Germany.

Silverhandorder
04-14-2010, 18:20
How many Poles is takes to fly a plane. Apparently more then a hundred.

Oo_
04-14-2010, 18:37
In his later years my grandfather told me that "what we need is another war", but sadly he died before I managed to ask him to elaborate on the statement.

:(

Odie
04-14-2010, 18:45
In his later years my grandfather told me that "what we need is another war", but sadly he died before I managed to ask him to elaborate on the statement.

:(

war accelerate sientific progress, helps overpopulation ect ect...
its like burning a field of dry grass... as soon as the field has been burned out and the rain comes new green grass appears under the ashes.

Silverhandorder
04-14-2010, 18:48
war accelerate sientific progress, helps overpopulation ect ect...
its like burning a field of dry grass... as soon as the field has been burned out and the rain comes new green grass appears under the ashes.

Yeah dropping bombs and keeping the proles in poverty really drives science... It drives the science of making bombs and nothing else. Sure shit gets invented during war time. Who are you to say that not even more shit will get invented with all those resources being available for competition between companies?

Odie
04-14-2010, 18:50
Yeah dropping bombs and keeping the proles in poverty really drives science... It drives the science of making bombs and nothing else. Sure shit gets invented during war time. Who are you to say that not even more shit will get invented with all those resources being available for competition between companies?

History...

Silverhandorder
04-14-2010, 18:59
History...

History can show me alternative scenarios?

shock223
04-14-2010, 19:04
History...

your mistaken. you subituting war for conflict in general. war is just the most overt but is the most counter productive when it comes to driving innovation (simply because the innvation only goes in one direction and that is to making better weapons).

a better example would perfect market since there are a huge amount of competatiors that one must innovate to stay ahead. the problem with that is capitialism is often self monoplizing and very rarely looks after the people in the shithole but overall, is much more productive to humanity than blowing the crap out of each other and calling in "innovation"

Tenebrion
04-14-2010, 19:44
History can show me alternative scenarios?

History can, and has, shown that you personally are a dumbass. Not necessarily regarding this specific topic, though I would say that it's applicable here ; I mean the statement in a broader sense - as in, History is practically, to the eyes of an observer, the bane of your existence, because nearly every time you make a post, history utterly invalidates all of the lame-brained bullshit you attempt to grapple with.

That is to say, if I were to put it curtly, you are an uneducated idiot.

Silverhandorder
04-14-2010, 19:45
History can, and has, shown that you personally are a dumbass. Not necessarily regarding this specific topic, though I would say that it's applicable here ; I mean the statement in a broader sense - as in, History is practically, to the eyes of an observer, the bane of your existence, because nearly every time you make a post, history utterly invalidates all of the lame-brained bullshit you attempt to grapple with.

That is to say, if I were to put it curtly, you are an uneducated idiot.

Coming from an ultra partisan like you that sounds like a promotion on forumfall. Are you sure you are not in my secret fan club?

Kusghuul
04-14-2010, 22:44
Because maintaining an occupied territory costs a shitload of money nowadays, just look at Iraq.

This.

Oo_
04-14-2010, 23:11
I guess the necessary thing is not war in specific, but just any kind of strife or struggle. When things are too easy for an extended period of time everything goes to shit. :confused:

Silverhandorder
04-14-2010, 23:19
I guess the necessary thing is not war in specific, but just any kind of strife or struggle. When things are too easy for an extended period of time everything goes to shit. :confused:

Things are never to easy. People always compete. Sometimes there is an impression that things are too easy, those times are when government uses some version of bread and circuses.

Oo_
04-14-2010, 23:32
Bread and circus can be deadly if you don't watch out and keep your guard.