PDA

View Full Version : Bad Company 2 for the PS3??

Napalm_Enema
04-06-2010, 16:30
Anyone played it on PS3? I have it and love it on the PC, but have a buddy that has no gaming rig but has a PS3. Should I recommend it for him or is it like seeing a hot chick, getting her home, and she has a penis?

:ohno::ohno:

[LoD] EE
04-06-2010, 17:34
Anyone played it on PS3? I have it and love it on the PC, but have a buddy that has no gaming rig but has a PS3. Should I recommend it for him or is it like seeing a hot chick, getting her home, and she has a penis?

:ohno::ohno:

You should know you never recommend a FPS on a console. Its like recommending someone rally race their car while only steering with their knees. Its a fucking retarded idea.

Napalm_Enema
04-06-2010, 19:15
EE;4183782']You should know you never recommend a FPS on a console. Its like recommending someone rally race their car while only steering with their knees. Its a fucking retarded idea.

Well he likes playing MW2 on it (yeah I know wtf) So I thought I would suggest a 'better' game, however I don't know how it plays on the PS3 because the fuck if I'll ever buy a FPS on a console. :lmao:

But BC2 is enjoyable enough to me, that if it were passable on the console that I would recommend it to him.

My only wish is that console people could play against PC people. The tears would be off the charts!!

[LoD] EE
04-06-2010, 21:04
Well he likes playing MW2 on it (yeah I know wtf) So I thought I would suggest a 'better' game, however I don't know how it plays on the PS3 because the fuck if I'll ever buy a FPS on a console. :lmao:

But BC2 is enjoyable enough to me, that if it were passable on the console that I would recommend it to him.

My only wish is that console people could play against PC people. The tears would be off the charts!!

Well, I have issues with BC 2 because its a EA game and I refuse to purchase anything from that POS company, yes that includes.

Visceral Games (formerly EA Redwood Shores)
BioWare
Maxis
Criterion Games
Mythic Entertainment

Anything EA touches will never get a penny of my money.

Microsoft tried that with a game and they found that even the worst mouse/keyboard user would wipe the walls with someone using a game pad and the shelved the game because its entire concept was flawed. Basically you cant have console noobs playing against PC Gamers.

Napalm_Enema
04-06-2010, 21:49
EE;4184363']Well, I have issues with BC 2 because its a EA game and I refuse to purchase anything from that POS company, yes that includes.

BioWare
Maxis
Criterion Games
Mythic Entertainment

Microsoft tried that with a game and they found that even the worst mouse/keyboard user would wipe the walls with someone using a game pad and the shelved the game because its entire concept was flawed. Basically you cant have console noobs playing against PC Gamers.

lol

wow, you boycott good games because of a publisher?

who the fuck cares, it's a video game. It's not like your 'stand' matters.

Enjoy not playing an actual good game. FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT!@! :lmao::lmao::lmao::ohno:

Rachsucht
04-06-2010, 22:02
Bad Company 2 is a really fun game, as long as nobody shows the profits are going to the taliban I don't give a fuck who the publisher is.

[LoD] EE
04-06-2010, 22:12
lol

wow, you boycott good games because of a publisher?

who the fuck cares, it's a video game. It's not like your 'stand' matters.

Enjoy not playing an actual good game. FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT!@! :lmao::lmao::lmao::ohno:

I boycott because I dont like their business practices. Why would I give a company my money when I dont like the shit they are doing? Look at EA's history, its far from ok in my opinion. I also dont care for most of their games, since they started dumbing down the NHL games around 2000 by making them more arcade like with 'power ups' etc. I just said fuck it, I am done with the POS company and their garbage. Plenty of other companies out there with far better products.

Obviously quality isnt a feature you go looking for Mr. " Clash of the Titans was a pretty good movie "

Rachsucht
04-06-2010, 22:24
EE;4184537']
Obviously quality isnt a feature you go looking for Mr. " Clash of the Titans was a pretty good movie "

You're the one playing Darkfall on two servers...

The V-Shine
04-06-2010, 22:29
MAG was better, fuck you people.

Napalm_Enema
04-06-2010, 22:44
EE;4184537']I boycott because I dont like their business practices. Why would I give a company my money when I dont like the shit they are doing? Look at EA's history, its far from ok in my opinion. I also dont care for most of their games, since they started dumbing down the NHL games around 2000 by making them more arcade like with 'power ups' etc. I just said fuck it, I am done with the POS company and their garbage. Plenty of other companies out there with far better products.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I said COTT was enjoyable. I didn't say it was the best movie ever. You just can't handle enjoying a casual popcorn movie - yay you.

As for EA... who gives a fuck if a title here or there blows? Most game publishers make mistakes here or there? Lets see, off the top of my head EA games I enjoyed recently:

Crysis
Crysis:Warhead
BC2

Shit I can't think of others... you know why? Because I buy a game if it's a good game, I don't give a fuck who the publisher is.

All you are doing is taking some retarded 'stand' that doesn't mean jack fucking shit. You miss out on fun games like the ones I listed.

And my computer can play Crysis so it is a fun game. If you have a shit computer, no it wasn't.

Anywho... You sound like some lonely emo loser that hates on anything remotely popular. I guess that explains you playing Darkfail on not one, but two servers. :lmao::lmao:

jonyak
04-06-2010, 23:21
BC2 is so unbalanced, every single game consists of nade spam, rocket spam and snipers.

its not even fun.

[LoD] EE
04-06-2010, 23:45
You're the one playing Darkfall on two servers...

Only playing on one, unable to get the EU part off my name for some reason, even though I canceled that account day 1 of transfers.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I said COTT was enjoyable. I didn't say it was the best movie ever. You just can't handle enjoying a casual popcorn movie - yay you.

As for EA... who gives a fuck if a title here or there blows? Most game publishers make mistakes here or there? Lets see, off the top of my head EA games I enjoyed recently:

Crysis
Crysis:Warhead
BC2

Shit I can't think of others... you know why? Because I buy a game if it's a good game, I don't give a fuck who the publisher is.

All you are doing is taking some retarded 'stand' that doesn't mean jack fucking shit. You miss out on fun games like the ones I listed.

And my computer can play Crysis so it is a fun game. If you have a shit computer, no it wasn't.

Anywho... You sound like some lonely emo loser that hates on anything remotely popular. I guess that explains you playing Darkfail on not one, but two servers. :lmao::lmao:

The thing is, it isnt even a good pop corn movie. Its a bad movie, the trailer made that obvious but there is a thread on that which I already made my points on the subject.

It matters when a company makes numerous mistakes. UO was ruined when EA took over, NHL got 'arcaded' by EA. BC is EA's answer to CoD just trying to jump on the band wagon for some of the pie. Cant blame them for it but EA isnt known for their quality.

I dont think I am missing out, I dont buy many games anyways. I just have to choose the 1-3 games a year from a slightly smaller pool of publishers.

I guess I should start shopping at Walmart even though I dislike their business practices? Why limit where I can shop? Save $.20 by buying some cheap china knockoff bullshit? I mean fuck man, you against saving money!?

Just because something is popular doesnt make it good. WoW, top 40 music and pepsi prove my point.

Napalm_Enema
04-07-2010, 00:25
I don't shop at Wal Mart - but boycotting a PUBLISHER when a game developer that works under them makes an outstanding product is retarded.

BC2 is one of the best FPS's I've played, and I've played them all...

You're missing out, but it's ok - you can survive on e-cool.:ohno:

Rossco
04-07-2010, 00:28
Eugh, you kids are all idiots. No games are worth playing at all. Period. Games are for losers. Go buy a cubicle or something.

Dwarf Anater
04-07-2010, 00:35
Eugh, you kids are all idiots. No games are worth playing at all. Period. Games are for losers. Go buy a cubicle or something.

settlers of catan imo

jonyak
04-07-2010, 01:50

lemme guess, you are a CG or noobtoob noob, right?

Napalm_Enema
04-07-2010, 02:20

CG? I don't rely on the noobtube but I do use it against tanks when going assault... Gets boring running around with the nade launcher all the time...

I actually tend to use smoke nades to confuse snipers and take positions...

jonyak
04-07-2010, 02:39
CG? I don't rely on the noobtube but I do use it against tanks when going assault... Gets boring running around with the nade launcher all the time...

I actually tend to use smoke nades to confuse snipers and take positions...

the carl gustav.

and gee you actualy sound like you might be a good player, how do you stand playing with so many noobs?

Nevron
04-07-2010, 03:02

Some players are just bad. The 40MM grenade in BC2 is one of the best balanced grenade launchers in an FPS, ever. It doesn't have ridiculous damage, and to get a kill you have to get a pretty direct hit on a target with full health. The CG is an anti-personnel rocket launcher, but it takes a good player to make real effective use of it, and a terribad to get consistently killed by it.

The fact that you're complaining about those two things makes me believe that you're simply a bad player. I could be wrong, but there are definitely other things in the game that are more "overpowered" and poorly balanced, like the M60.

To the OP, the game is a solid one regardless of platform. In the end it'll come down to your friend's personal tastes on the game since he already doesn't seem to mind playing an FPS on a console.

[LoD] EE
04-07-2010, 03:25
I don't shop at Wal Mart - but boycotting a PUBLISHER when a game developer that works under them makes an outstanding product is retarded.

Not caring for the direction FPS's are taking with XP, unlockables, achievements etc. Personally I think its the rock direction to take the games, if anything, remove fucking cross hairs from the game to get rid of running and gunning stupidity and make iron sights the only real way to aim. Also not a fan of rushed out versions of the game being released every year. Make it painfully obvious quality is not your first concern as a company... goes for Insanity Ward.

Napalm_Enema
04-07-2010, 03:31
the carl gustav.

and gee you actualy sound like you might be a good player, how do you stand playing with so many noobs?

I am smarter than them and use the terrain to my advantage. :ninja:

Napalm_Enema
04-07-2010, 03:35
EE;4185284']Not caring for the direction FPS's are taking with XP, unlockables, achievements etc. Personally I think its the rock direction to take the games, if anything, remove fucking cross hairs from the game to get rid of running and gunning stupidity and make iron sights the only real way to aim. Also not a fan of rushed out versions of the game being released every year. Make it painfully obvious quality is not your first concern as a company... goes for Insanity Ward.

You can play hardcore servers - bang - no more crosshair.

And I agree with the 'level up' stuff in most FPS's, however in BC2 it's actually really balanced. The only useless gun you have is the very first one, the first unlockable = completely viable weapon from then on out.

Dunno, the unlocking stuff doesn't really bother me because they balanced it well. It's not like MW where you get owned by ever pimple faced no lifer with a P90 when you pick up the game and can't play 24/7 to unlock everything.

It's really quite balanced. I've been holding my own against much 'higher level' guys since day one, and 'leveling up' is simple to do, just play and do decent.

Dunno... you're bagging on something you haven't even tried, but that's your prerogative. I'm really similar to you, I buy a handful of games, if that, a year. They have to be solid quality etc.. I bought BC2 on recommendation from people on this site, and it's proven to be a winner.

I didn't by Modern Fail 2 just by the way...

-Jotun
04-07-2010, 05:56
EE;4184363']Well, I have issues with BC 2 because its a EA game and I refuse to purchase anything from that POS company, yes that includes.

BioWare
Maxis
Criterion Games
Mythic Entertainment

you're an idiot.

that is all.

[LoD] EE
04-07-2010, 11:58
You can play hardcore servers - bang - no more crosshair.

And I agree with the 'level up' stuff in most FPS's, however in BC2 it's actually really balanced. The only useless gun you have is the very first one, the first unlockable = completely viable weapon from then on out.

Dunno, the unlocking stuff doesn't really bother me because they balanced it well. It's not like MW where you get owned by ever pimple faced no lifer with a P90 when you pick up the game and can't play 24/7 to unlock everything.

It's really quite balanced. I've been holding my own against much 'higher level' guys since day one, and 'leveling up' is simple to do, just play and do decent.

Dunno... you're bagging on something you haven't even tried, but that's your prerogative. I'm really similar to you, I buy a handful of games, if that, a year. They have to be solid quality etc.. I bought BC2 on recommendation from people on this site, and it's proven to be a winner.

I didn't by Modern Fail 2 just by the way...

It was such a pain in the ass to find a hardcore server.

I play TF2 occasionally, its near impossible to find a vanilla server, no stupid mods, not lame ass instant spawn etc.

I have other things to spend my money on than 10 mediocre games a year. As I said, I buy 1-3 games a year and I expect some sort of quality, EA just has not supplied that in my eyes.

[LoD] EE
04-07-2010, 11:59
you're an idiot.

that is all.

Congrats?

Sqarak
04-07-2010, 12:16
is it like seeing a hot chick, getting her home, and she has a penis?

Point being?

jonyak
04-07-2010, 12:41
Some players are just bad. The 40MM grenade in BC2 is one of the best balanced grenade launchers in an FPS, ever. It doesn't have ridiculous damage, and to get a kill you have to get a pretty direct hit on a target with full health. The CG is an anti-personnel rocket launcher, but it takes a good player to make real effective use of it, and a terribad to get consistently killed by it.

The fact that you're complaining about those two things makes me believe that you're simply a bad player. I could be wrong, but there are definitely other things in the game that are more "overpowered" and poorly balanced, like the M60.

To the OP, the game is a solid one regardless of platform. In the end it'll come down to your friend's personal tastes on the game since he already doesn't seem to mind playing an FPS on a console.

spoken like a tru noob, and I couldn't disagree more with you.

the only reason people use them is because they are easy and the only weapons in the game that you can kill with a single hit. if anything they should bring the damage on the rifles up.

the 40mm takes no skill at all, nor does the CG, basicaly everything you just said is bullshit.

I actualy like the 9A and the MG36 over the M60.

Napalm_Enema
04-07-2010, 14:18
Point being?

Time to party>? :ohno::ninja:

Nevron
04-07-2010, 14:59
spoken like a tru noob, and I couldn't disagree more with you.

the only reason people use them is because they are easy and the only weapons in the game that you can kill with a single hit. if anything they should bring the damage on the rifles up.

the 40mm takes no skill at all, nor does the CG, basicaly everything you just said is bullshit.

I actualy like the 9A and the MG36 over the M60.

All the true n00bs are too busy playing recon in hardcore to bother with the CG or 40MM GL. Just because you disagree doesn't mean I'm incorrect. The bottom line here is that you're complaining about two things that aren't overbearing on the battlefield and are only effective in proper hands. Essentially you're calling yourself out on being trash at the game.

Rachsucht
04-07-2010, 15:08
I don't shop at Wal Mart

What's wrong with Wal Mart? It's literally the only place left where you can buy .40 S&W for a decent price.

jonyak
04-07-2010, 15:13
All the true n00bs are too busy playing recon in hardcore to bother with the CG or 40MM GL. Just because you disagree doesn't mean I'm incorrect. The bottom line here is that you're complaining about two things that aren't overbearing on the battlefield and are only effective in proper hands. Essentially you're calling yourself out on being trash at the game.

the proper hand??? are you playing the same game as me.

its so easy to kill with either of those I just stopped using them.

essentialy, what you are saying is you are not good enough to kill with them right?

because everyone in every game I have played in the last 2 weeks uses them.

go look at the stats, they even show that the 40mm is one of the most used weapons in game and has the most kills of all weapons in game.

Napalm_Enema
04-07-2010, 15:35

essentialy, what you are saying is you are not good enough to kill with them right?

go look at the stats, they even show that the 40mm is one of the most used weapons in game and has the most kills of all weapons in game.

Nothing feels better than sneaking up behind some **** with his ammo pack at his feet as he frantically spams the nade launcher as my knife sinks into his back. :ohno:

They should have a higher cooldown for those, like a minute between being able to use the two you start with?

Dunno... but I agree with you, it's pretty much the most used weapon in the game. Then when you comment on it all the r-tards are like 'QQ sorry you got pwned lawlz'

That's why I love my smoke grenades I find the ridge the losers are spamming their nades from, saturate it with smoke then move in for the kill.

They just stand there like idiots waiting for it to clear. rofl.

Nevron
04-07-2010, 15:41

This (http://elxx.net/bfbc2/statscharts/weapons-1.png) is the only sampling statistic of overall weapon usage I've seen. Do you have another one that's more accurate and/or based on a larger sampling?

And I don't know what prompted you to make a baseless statement of me saying I'm not good enough to use those two weapons. In no way did anything I said even remotely imply what you based your retort on. Assault and engineer are my two most played kits, and I use both the 40MM and CG relatively often. That said, I don't just run around with them out like some random newb, I use them in situations that they're warranted. I will say I'm guilty of counter-sniping using my CG just for shits, but rocket drop is more pronounced than bullet drop.

Sqarak
04-07-2010, 15:44
Time to party>? :ohno::ninja:

Fuck yea. Just flip her/him on her/his belly and ride that ass, Forumfall style!

paade
04-07-2010, 16:02
i cant believe it but its true, BC2 servers are filled with even more idiots than MW1 were. Its fucking mission impossible to find good hc servers. Admins are fucking retards and as autobalance is not there, balanced teams are more rare than a non-pedo catholic priest.

cark gustav is the noobtube of BC2 and M60 is way more OP'd than P90 ever was.

Napalm_Enema
04-07-2010, 16:07
i cant believe it but its true, BC2 servers are filled with even more idiots than MW1 were. Its fucking mission impossible to find good hc servers. Admins are fucking retards and as autobalance is not there, balanced teams are more rare than a non-pedo catholic priest.

cark gustav is the noobtube of BC2 and M60 is way more OP'd than P90 ever was.

I will admit, M60 is getting a bit on my nerves...

jonyak
04-07-2010, 16:10
you know I think this is just what has become of online gaming.

I have not played a good online game in like 5 years.

I may just give it up entirely.

Napalm_Enema
04-07-2010, 16:22
you know I think this is just what has become of online gaming.

I have not played a good online game in like 5 years.

I may just give it up entirely.

Meh, the game is still hella fun, just need to outsmart the nade launching kiddies. With the varied environments it's quite fun to do, and can be done all day long.

Use yer head, then win the day.