PDA

View Full Version : Minority Whip's Office Fired upon

Sharuk
03-25-2010, 22:18
http://congress.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/03/25/exclusive-shot-fired-at-house-minority-whip-eric-cantors-richmond-office/

Wow........

----------------

FOX has learned that the Richmond, VA campaign office of House Minority Whip Eric Cantor (R-VA) was shot at Monday.

Cantor, is the highest-elected Jewish official in the country and the only Jewish Republican in the House.

As a member of the House leadership, U.S. Capitol Police provide Cantor with a security detail around the clock. But FOX has learned that Cantor was one of about ten lawmakers Thursday who asked for enhanced protection after a spate of threats were. Most of the threats were directed at House Democrats who voted in favor of the health care reform bill over the weekend.

The Department of Homeland Security is involved in the Cantor case because he is a member of the House leadership.

Wednesday, Capitol Police Chief Phil Morse, House Sergeant-at-Arms Bill Livingood and FBI officials met with House Democrats behind closed doors Wednesday to discuss security measures.

FOX has also obtained a threatening message left Friday on the voicemail of Rep. Jean Schmidt (R-OH). This is believed to be the first threat against a Republican member. The message contained racial overtones and profane language.

UPDATE:

From DNC Communications Director Brad Woodhouse:

“We disagree with the charge made by Rep. Cantor today that Democrats are using acts of violence for political gain. Let’s be clear: calling on Republican leaders who have contributed in part to this anger by wildly mischaracterizing the substance and motives of health reform to condemn these acts is entirely appropriate. Instead of distracting from the issue with more attacks, we would again ask Mr. Cantor and other Republicans, as we did yesterday, to join Chairman Kaine in working to ratchet down the rhetoric, condemn deplorable behavior and find ways to disagree on these issues without the charged rhetoric that we’ve been hearing from Republican leaders.”

- Fox's Trish Turner contributed to this report.

---------------

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/03/25/police-reveal-more-about-bullet-that-hit-cantors-office/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+rss/cnn_politicalticker+(Blog:+Political+Tic ker)&fbid=hYtgGi_Xjr9

vaatc
03-25-2010, 23:17
It is Richmond, stray bullets area always a risk here. But I would not be surprised if it was an idiot local yocal that thought that Eric Cantor was a Democrat :lmao:

Sharuk
03-25-2010, 23:22
It is Richmond, stray bullets area always a risk here. But I would not be surprised if it was an idiot local yocal that thought that Eric Cantor was a Democrat :lmao:

Nope

vaatc
03-25-2010, 23:30
Did they find the guy that did the shooting?

Most of the individuals that support the Democratic Party in Richmond, and would be willing to shoot at a government office, would be hardpressed to find the office :ninja:

Honorius
03-26-2010, 00:17
Bitch please I live in Richmond and I get shot at on a weekly basis, hell my dorm is right next to a ghetto club 5 sketchy ass hookah bars and a park full of homeless you people should be used to this by now.

vaatc
03-26-2010, 00:18
You must live right around Grace St. in the Fan :D

Honorius
03-26-2010, 00:20
Indeed, VCU.... Go Rams?

vaatc
03-26-2010, 00:23
They got the 3rd tier Championship locked up I believe. They sure got snubbed this year.

Honorius
03-26-2010, 00:25
At least the Quidditch team did alright.

StrawberryClock
03-26-2010, 00:26
I doubt a democrat would own a gun and be manly enough to discharge one.

vaatc
03-26-2010, 00:27
My roomate told me about the junk. I laughed and said at least Longwood does not have a team. Then he proceeded to look it up and prove me wrong :(

Honorius
03-26-2010, 00:29

The crustpunks would.

And why the hell would you go to Longwood? I suppose there's a lot of girls but other than that I can't see why anyone would go there.

vaatc
03-26-2010, 00:33

You do not know the brothers in RVA. Then again most of them are probably ex-fellons, unable to vote, and would probbably not claim allegiance to either party.

The crustpunks would.

And why the hell would you go to Longwood? I suppose there's a lot of girls but other than that I can't see why anyone would go there.

5 girsl to every guy was incentive enough for me after I was medically disqualified from service in the Marine Corps. Sophmore year it was 6.5 girls to every guy.

They had a solid pre-med/pre-physical therapy program. I ended up in the Athletic Training program which is arguably one of the best in the nation if you use pass rates of the graduates sitting for the National Certification exam.

Honorius
03-26-2010, 00:36
Maybe I should transfer these art kids and hipsters are pissing me off.

StrawberryClock
03-26-2010, 00:39
Maybe I should transfer these art kids and hipsters are pissing me off.

Wherever you go, they will be there. It is inevitable.

vaatc
Dropkick Murphey's at the National Next weekend will cure those hippy blues.

Or you need to find the artsy punksters. They can be fun to hang out with.

StrawberryClock
Dropkick Murphey's at the National Next weekend will cure those hippy blues.

Or you need to find the artsy punksters. They can be fun to hang out with.

Wtf is a Dropkick Murphy?

vaatc
03-26-2010, 00:42
Wtf is a Dropkick Murphy?

Linkage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzF0hHb7xMc)

Honorius
03-26-2010, 00:45
Sweet, I had totally forgotten they were coming, it's a shame I have to walk down East Broad Street to get there...

vaatc
03-26-2010, 01:54
Well, as I get home and look, I find that Dropkick is not on the bill. I guess they decided to take a rest after St. Patricks' Day festivities and their dates in Europe.

As for Broad Steet. It is not that bad. Now, if you head just south of the river on Jeff Davis, you may run into some problems.

SSguy
03-26-2010, 02:04
Its a shame the shooter missed.

More politicians need to be shot at. maybe they'd clean up their act.

vaatc
03-26-2010, 02:06
:eek:

Is that quote in your sig for real?

Tenebrion
03-26-2010, 02:24
More or less.

Apex Vertigo
03-26-2010, 02:29
Bitch please I live in Richmond and I get shot at on a weekly basis, hell my dorm is right next to a ghetto club 5 sketchy ass hookah bars and a park full of homeless you people should be used to this by now.

Stfu, we all know that's bull. You probably go to some upper class private school in bumfuck nowhere.

For real street cred, My apartment complex was the home of an execution earlier this year in my parking spot.

Honorius
03-26-2010, 02:34
Hey you, my highschool cost more than my college with tuition, room, and food. I go to the cheap ass school because it has a real nice cinema major.

vaatc
03-26-2010, 02:48
Stfu, we all know that's bull. You probably go to some upper class private school in bumfuck nowhere.

For real street cred, My apartment complex was the home of an execution earlier this year in my parking spot.

Richmond, Va, has laid claim to murder capital of the US a few times and it is not a very large city ;)

shock223
03-26-2010, 05:12

im sorry but Sliverhandorder with the most cred around here.

been living with his parents in NYC on government handouts for years and he knows his way around the system!

vaatc
03-26-2010, 14:41
I will state it again. I would not be surprised if the shot/s at Rep-Cantors' office was/were shot by a local yocal that thought Rep-Cantor was a Democrat.

Link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/24/tom-perriello-tea-party_n_511874.html) :lmao:

Boy some people are idiots.

vaatc
03-27-2010, 13:37
It is Richmond, stray bullets are always a risk here.

Well it was reported yesterday that this was the case :D

EDIT: Area to are /lol