PDA

View Full Version : Legalizing Prostitution

Strangia
03-24-2010, 23:25
Well, I've been thinking recently, and I thought "why is prostitution illegal?".

Prostitution is one of the oldest professions in history, literally, it is one of the first services ever offered and payed for. It has always, and will always exist. So, why is it illegal? And obvious answer is morality: people think that prostitutes are "loose women", and in an attempt to rid themselves of such morally bankrupt women, make the act illegal. The second argument is that prostitutes are no better than slaves, or at least work to decrease the status of women.

However, prostitution laws in America have worked to make the status of women, and prostitutes, even worse. Prostitution is a reviled act, and women who are prostitutes are second class citizens, and are treated as criminals. Any woman who does anything resembling a prostitute, even as far as having a ton of sex, is labeled a prostitute. Prostitution has made female sexuality a negative thing, and has made those who use it to make money criminals.

Further, women who are prostitutes while it is illegal are subject to something much worse than social stigmata: male abuse. From their pimps who can abuse them for not turning enough profit, to their clients who can abuse them to no real consequence, prostitutes are beaten in almost every aspect of the business. And the problem is, they have no legal rights with this regard, as they are prosecuted worse than the clients who pay them, and they are far more likely to get caught than the pimps who control them.

The prevalence of STDs and hard drug abuse is also incredibly high with prostitutes, being as their working environment is conducive to both. Female prostitutes often do not have the ability to get treatment for their STDs, be it because of health care, or because of social stigma.

Because of this, I propose prostitution be legalized nation-wide in the US. The creation of Brothels and Unions would assure that these women become more akin to respectable business women than common whores. It also assures that these women cannot be beaten senselessly, as they would now have legal rights and a more public place to conduct their business. Unionization would also allow them to receive treatment for STDs, and any sort of drug testing would bring down the incidence of drug abuse. Finally, these women would have a taxable income.

xpiher
03-24-2010, 23:26
Well, I've been thinking recently, and I thought "why is prostitution illegal?".

Like most things, because its "immoral"

zato`1
03-24-2010, 23:40
its simply common sense that women who have a lot of sex are loose women. are you a streetwalker?

you are writing from an incredibly biased female point of view. i can only imagine you're an annoying college kid, or a shaved-head female rights activist.

men who have a lot of sex are loose men. they are viewed just as negatively as their female counterparts. have you ever wondered why quality women with good personalities, social standing and personal lives are very selective in the men they date?

it is because promiscuous men are just as untrustworthy as promiscuous women.

by the way, it is legal in nevada. all the smart prostitutes in the entire country go there.

generic_user
03-24-2010, 23:41
What they need is a union, and I unquote.

Rossco
03-24-2010, 23:44
Finally, these women would have a taxable income.

This is the only point that would be relevant to a legislative change.

vaatc
03-24-2010, 23:48
It is only allowed in certain counties, if I recall correctly, the counties have to have a population under 500k.

The most prominent county to not have legal prostitution is Clark County, which is where LasVegas is located.

zato`1
03-24-2010, 23:50
It is only allowed in certain counties, if I recall correctly, the counties have to have a population under 500k.

The most prominent county to not have legal prostitution is Clark County, which is where LasVegas is located.

most people drive further to get back home than they do to fuck a whore in nevada.

vaatc
03-24-2010, 23:59
Most definitely. The point was for those that did not know the facts, that they could very easily get busted for solicitation, if they are not careful.

Blixa
03-25-2010, 00:40
Finally, these women would have a taxable income.

Oh fuck off, it's not about how society can best exploit them but if they should be at all in the business of telling people what to do as long as they don't hurt anyone else.

Viluin
03-25-2010, 01:01

People are not untrustworthy just because they sleep around. If you're not in a relationship then there's really no reason not to have sex with randoms.

zato`1
03-25-2010, 01:05
People are not untrustworthy just because they sleep around. If you're not in a relationship then there's really no reason not to have sex with randoms.

promiscuity is very different than being single

Viluin
03-25-2010, 01:18
promiscuity is very different than being single

"easy: casual and unrestrained in sexual behavior; "her easy virtue"; "he was told to avoid loose (or light) women"; "wanton behavior""

I see nothing about relationships.

Villageninja
03-25-2010, 01:36
Age old Carlin joke

"Another women’s issue, prostitution. I do not understand why prostitution is illegal. Why should prostitution be illegal. Selling is legal. Fucking is legal. Why isn’t selling fucking legal? You know, why should it be illegal to sell something that’s perfectly legal to give away. I can’t follow the logic on that at all. Of all the things you can do to a person, giving someone an orgasm is hardly the worst thing in the world."

Makestro
03-25-2010, 01:45
I don't think it should be legal, because I don't want to see street walkers all over the place, but decriminalized and left alone if done in certain areas and abide by laws then yeah I think it would be better. But really it should be up to the state/counties to decide...

Teth
03-25-2010, 01:47
There's a lot of things out there that should be legalized but aren't. Welcome to the ass-backward practice of legislating morality.

Strangia
03-25-2010, 01:50
I don't think it should be legal, because I don't want to see street walkers all over the place, but decriminalized and left alone if done in certain areas and abide by laws then yeah I think it would be better. But really it should be up to the state/counties to decide...

You aren't allowed to do most services in public, why would prostitution be any different? Just establish Brothels in which people rent out a room for use as their "office".

GRCPan
03-25-2010, 01:50
It's totally legal here.

Strangia
03-25-2010, 01:53
its simply common sense that women who have a lot of sex are loose women. are you a streetwalker?

you are writing from an incredibly biased female point of view. i can only imagine you're an annoying college kid, or a shaved-head female rights activist.

men who have a lot of sex are loose men. they are viewed just as negatively as their female counterparts. have you ever wondered why quality women with good personalities, social standing and personal lives are very selective in the men they date?

by the way, it is legal in nevada. all the smart prostitutes in the entire country go there.

I hate most feminist philosophy. Like fucking crypto-rape, or that checking out a girl is you turning her into an object. Its all bullshit.

But I do recognize that there are differences in how people view actions between the genders. A man who has sex at a party is just having fun, if being a little irresponsible. A woman who has sex at a party runs the risk of being called a skank. Men are somewhat expected to have many partners, women are expected not to. And its just the way we portray people in our culture, though recently its been changing. We now have female characters who sleep around, and I hate to say it, "Sex and the City" really does show a change in the perception in female sexuality.

Makestro
03-25-2010, 02:07
You aren't allowed to do most services in public, why would prostitution be any different? Just establish Brothels in which people rent out a room for use as their "office".

Pretty much what I was saying... lol.

Rokstarr
03-25-2010, 12:52
I don't think it should be legal, because I don't want

This is where you lose the argument.

This is a republic, not a democracy. Democracy is the fail, and is nothing short of Tyranny of the majority.

If a woman wants to sell sex, and a man wants to buy it, no harm no foul.

Of course, if prostitution is legalized, it should be confined to brothels for health regulation and employee safety, IMO.

Numz dePimche
03-25-2010, 13:31
Prostitution is the oldest job ever.

Napalm_Enema
03-25-2010, 13:39
Prostitution is illegal because it tends to turn cities into cesspools of disgusting filth in short order.

88Chaz88
03-25-2010, 13:43
Prostitution is illegal because it tends to turn cities into cesspools of disgusting filth in short order.

Actually quite the opposite.

Legalising it means it can be controlled which in theory would make it cleaner, safer, and there would be less girls hanging around on street corners.

Of course I say in theory. In reality anything could happen.

Rokstarr
03-25-2010, 13:54

I'll take Carson City over LA, Oakland, Detroit, Miami, Philly, NYC, Phoenix, Kansas City, Dallas, Seattle, Pittsburg, Atlanta, Baltimore, Portland, Vegas, Chicago, Buffalo, Camden, Jacksonville, Nashville, New Orleans, or San Francisco any day of the week in terms of cleanliness and safety.

vaatc
03-25-2010, 13:58
I'll take Carson City over LA, Oakland, Detroit, Miami, Philly, NYC, Phoenix, Kansas City, Dallas, Seattle, Pittsburg, Atlanta, Baltimore, Portland, Vegas, Chicago, Buffalo, Camden, Jacksonville, Nashville, New Orleans, or San Francisco any day of the week in terms of cleanliness and safety.

Prostitution is not legal in Carson City.

Rokstarr
03-25-2010, 14:04

I could have sworn bunny ranch was in Carson City when I went.

Ah, my bad, it is 7 miles east of Carson City.

Even still, I'd take that area over any of the cities I listed; it was much nicer then any of the ones I listed.

Found this snip while I was looking for the Address:

Now, the brothel and others like it say business is booming, and women out of work are looking to join Air Force Amy and her pals for a high-paying romp in the hay. The Bunny Ranch says it received 1,500 applications last month alone. And it’s not just prostitution, either — adult businesses such as strip clubs are also seeing an increase in applications.

It's all about job creation people!

Rachsucht
03-25-2010, 14:48

Amsterdam, Groningen, Hamburg, Berlin, Munich, all really nice cities with legal prostitution.

This so called crime has no victims (barring that the prostitute is forced into it).

Darkfiend#billy
03-25-2010, 14:54
Everyone in this thread should watch the Penn and Teller "Bullshit" episode on prostitution and shut the fuck up.

Reckin Crew
03-25-2010, 17:28

its also not legal in Las Vegas. Where do you get your info...?

88Chaz88
03-25-2010, 17:35

Read again.

Zadok
03-25-2010, 17:51
The only people who win in legalizing prostitution are the Shemales. Hermaphrodites are usually the busiest prostitutes in Buenos Aires and Amsterdam.

So Eyrotath would benefit, the rest of us would demise.

malebogia
03-25-2010, 18:11
The reason for prostitution being illegal is more complicated.
Where there is prostitution there are pimps, rapes, drugs, illegal gambling, and all other 'related' staff.
No money can come that easy out of it, even if there are brothels some will still avoid them in order not to pay taxes.
The womans that practice it are earning good money but what happenes when they get old ?
Old milfs are not that 'wanted', they dont pay taxes during the normal 'working years' so they have no income when they are old(like a pension or something).
Fucking for money sounds easy BUT its not: sometimes you have to fuck butt ugly persons and in order to do that you have to be wasted sometimes from buzz or drugs and your health goes down the drain.
Family issues: it is illegal to fuck another person if you are married but you fuck a prostitute and thats legal.
Etc,etc.

Rachsucht
03-25-2010, 18:14
Family issues: it is illegal to fuck another person if you are married

Do you live in Saudi Arabia? While wrong by most peoples moral standards, it is not illegal in the USA or any country in Europe to "fuck another person" if you are married.

zato`1
03-25-2010, 18:15
its not illegal to cheat on your spouse ROFL

MrBungle
03-25-2010, 20:39
Companions!!

vaatc
03-25-2010, 21:46

Las Vegas is in Clark County. Therefore it is illegal in Las Vegas. The laws in Nevada state that the population of the county has to be below, I believe 500,000, to allow for prostitution.