PDA

View Full Version : War Declaration Changes / Archery Specializations

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Fall
03-21-2010, 11:43
Late beta and early EU had the best combat. Period.

heh yeah.

Kasmos
03-21-2010, 15:27

I've been saying this for a long, long, long time. It's sad when a game's combat gets less fun and requires less skill as the game progresses.

How the fuck is that the case?

Skilla
03-21-2010, 17:31
I've been saying this for a long, long, long time. It's sad when a game's combat gets less fun and requires less skill as the game progresses.

How the fuck is that the case?

I can tell you!

there are like 6 mele atacks and 2 archery.....

and 250+spells....

needs to be 50 melee skills and like 20 archery, and 5 sward and board skills.... not this plain shit.

Sandarament
03-21-2010, 19:01
Yeah, AV is pretty pathetic in general.

I love darkfall and refuse to play other mmo's or video games that aren't full loot wth chance of loss or gain.

But for instance... there is no content in darkfall whatsoever.. and what they did to patch up that problem was they added wildlife critters that run around... I have no idea what they are for, or who they appeal to, but wowzers what a stupid idea.

2Nd example... They are implementng the second archery specialization school, They didn't even have to work more then 30 minutes to change this problem. AV just does quik fixes and makes it look like they are doing something productive... I pay 15 dollars a month, for critters.

I pay though because I have hope for the game.. I <3 darkfall its revolutionay and out of the box thinking MMO. I will not play any other games unless they are similiar to df.

Battle Smurf
03-22-2010, 03:49
I have been saying this for months - people in the water should fucking drown and die. Fuck Aqua shot. you should run out of stamina quickly and then drown.

This would make boats/rafts alot more commonplace for travel.

Rofl so what your saying is that your really a tortoise?

Thalos56
03-22-2010, 04:55

This.
Game was so much better when you had to use and aim your bow and the only spell had a small aoe.

Shino-PIC
03-22-2010, 11:46
The problem is not the magic by itself, its just aoe/splash shit.
Leave just bolts that you need to TARGET + utility and we will see much better pvp in DF.

Zach-Attack!!
03-22-2010, 14:59
Patiently waiting for patch :)

Tanztanz
03-22-2010, 15:16
Please add in specialization to greatly increase melee/archery dmg, but it makes you unable to use aoe spalsh magic, only buffs and bolts.. something like this i guess will help

Keno
03-22-2010, 15:21
The problem is not the magic by itself, its just aoe/splash shit.
Leave just bolts that you need to TARGET + utility and we will see much better pvp in DF.

True

Removing magic completely though would be the best change AV would have done since launch.

Jango1337
03-22-2010, 15:22
True

Removing magic completely though would be the best change AV would have done since launch.

they would be able to find a way to screw even that up I bet :lmao:

chano
03-22-2010, 16:56
Can you add a charge for allying people? But with a small change. Over time (maybe weeks) that charge is refunded to the clans involved.

I like this idea

chano
03-22-2010, 16:58

QFT. <3 epic melee battles when nobody had Q4 keen R60 weapons and the guy in plate with a r40 was the baddest guy around.

DAA KAPUTTMACHA
03-22-2010, 17:59
Whining still going on? Wow, you guys are persistent.

And could you pls stop quoting the retard all the time, i didnt put Keno on the ignore list for no reason.

Keno
03-22-2010, 18:27

And could you pls stop quoting the retard all the time, i didnt put Keno on the ignore list for no reason.

Fail

Jango1337
03-22-2010, 18:28
Fail

quoted so he can read it

Kiad
03-22-2010, 19:24
Lol, fighting scrubs maybe, what the fck is this so called"event", and how does it proove archery is balanced vs magic?

And no, this isnt about balancing or talking about melee.

Archery vs magic. Learn2read

So you believe that balance should not be done holistically looking at all aspects of combat. So then I assume you would be with a scenario of archery doing as much DPS at range as magic but magic users get 2x more melee protection with no encumberance hit.

Kasmos
03-22-2010, 23:46

February 2010? Shut the fuck up moron, maybe if you were actually here at launch you could open your big stupid mouth, but you weren't.

Best days of Darkfall were from EU-1 launch through the first 2-3 months. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fucking idiot.

beecherhg
03-23-2010, 03:26
February 2010? Shut the fuck up moron, maybe if you were actually here at launch you could open your big stupid mouth, but you weren't.

Best days of Darkfall were from EU-1 launch through the first 2-3 months. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fucking idiot.

Lol. Who taught you to debate? A 3rd grade art teacher? You have no valid points, your facts are completely unsupported, and you fly off the handle calling people names when they do not agree with you...:bang:

Keno
03-23-2010, 03:34
Lol. Who taught you to debate? A 3rd grade art teacher? You have no valid points, your facts are completely unsupported, and you fly off the handle calling people names when they do not agree with you...:bang:

Best combat darkfall had to offer was late beta/early EU.

-Awesome fights where player STATS did not mean shit.
- NO MAGIC SPAM
-All Archery and Melee which took skill
- Mad fights EVERYWHERE.

Darkfiend#billy
03-23-2010, 04:03
-All Archery and Melee
-Melee

Herp derp I'mma left clickin' derp.

Keno
03-23-2010, 04:06
Herp derp I'mma left clickin' derp.

Melee and Archery > magic

Skill wise in every way son.

Darkfiend#billy
03-23-2010, 04:10
Melee and Archery > magic

Skill wise in every way son.

In the end, this is what is destroying Darkfall. People wanting to be jacked off by AV because they think they're better than everyone.

Cool story bro.

Keno
03-23-2010, 04:12
In the end, this is what is destroying Darkfall. People wanting to be jacked off by AV because they think they're better than everyone.

Cool story bro.

Yea it has nothing to do with the lack of pop, lack of content, content that is broken, lack of communication or anything like that.

Cool story brah.

Darkfiend#billy
03-23-2010, 04:19
Yea it has nothing to do with the lack of pop, lack of content, content that is broken, lack of communication or anything like that.

Cool story brah.

No, it doesn't. The reason Darkfall sucks today is because self-proclaimed "power-gamers" used macroing and exploits to skill their characters, thus causing the majority of the population to use these same techniques in order to keep up.

That is why Darkfall sucks.

Broseph.

Keno
03-23-2010, 04:22
That is why Darkfall sucks.

I would love to sit here and continue this battle of witts with you, but its clear you are unarmed.

But I do agree with what I quoted somewhat. We'll see what darkfall 2010 can bring.

Darkfiend#billy
03-23-2010, 04:24
I would love to sit here and continue this battle of witts with you, but its clear you are unarmed.

But I do agree with what I quoted somewhat. We'll see what darkfall 2010 can bring.

You never go to your first date with a loaded gun ;)

Kasmos
03-23-2010, 04:25

I called him for what he is, a maybe one month old player that knows nothing about how it was at launch. The best days of Darkfall were at launch because:

1) You could find open world PvP ALL OVER the fucking place
2) The population was booming
3) Most fights consisted of archery, melee, and a few magic spells, A.K.A. the actual shit that requires TRUE player skill (not AOE magic spam)
4) Fights came down to player skill since everyone was at equal character development levels, not who macroed and exploited the most to have the highest stats/skills and most maxed out magic spells

Is that enough valid points for you? Because I could certainly continue.....

Best combat darkfall had to offer was late beta/early EU.

-Awesome fights where player STATS did not mean shit.
- NO MAGIC SPAM
- Mad fights EVERYWHERE.

Hmm.... isn't it funny that it was easier to find open world PvP by about 500% during launch days, and that player skill meant about 200% more so than it does now (if not more). I guess those of us from launch have no fucking clue what we're talking about :rolleyes:

Keno
03-23-2010, 04:27
I called him for what he is, a maybe one month old player that knows nothing about how it was at launch. The best days of Darkfall were at launch because:

1) You could find open world PvP ALL OVER the fucking place
2) The population was booming
3) Most fights consisted of archery, melee, and a few magic spells, A.K.A. the actual shit that requires TRUE player skill (not AOE magic spam)
4) Fights came down to player skill since everyone was at equal character development levels, not who macroed and exploited the most to have the highest stats/skills and most maxed out magic spells

Is that enough valid points for you? Because I could certainly continue.....

Hmm.... isn't it funny that it was easier to find open world PvP by about 500% during launch days, and that player skill meant about 200% more so than it does now (if not more). I guess those of us from launch have no fucking clue what we're talking about :rolleyes:

I feel bad for the people who started playing Darkfall when the NA server came out. They really have no clue how awesome the game really was at one point.

Helcular
03-23-2010, 04:30
I feel bad for the people who started playing Darkfall when the NA server came out. They really have no clue how awesome the game really was at one point.

The game was awsome at one point? Been here since NA launch and I've seen nothing even close to awsome.

Not much point to go more than 1km outside your city/hamlet/village. Oooo.. so you loot a bone set, a blackbolt and some regs.. big fucking deal.

Keno
03-23-2010, 04:33
Been here since NA launch and I've seen nothing even close to awsome.

I am talking about the LAUNCH OF THE GAME. Not the Launch of NA. That is why I said, I feel sorry for the people who started playing DF when NA came about, they really have NO IDEA how awesome the game was at one point.(Early EU)

Valaska
03-23-2010, 05:17
I am talking about the LAUNCH OF THE GAME. Not the Launch of NA. That is why I said, I feel sorry for the people who started playing DF when NA came about, they really have NO IDEA how awesome the game was at one point.(Early EU)

I miss the days where Agon wasn't a fucking flaming trampoline of bone armor.

Adûn_East
03-23-2010, 07:14

Yep. I remember starting at Adianthel in elf lands, everyone thought racial warfare was a big feature, so you'd have alfars coming up from the SE and you'd have these noob skirmishes with hunting bows or the occasional elite doublestrung bow you got off a hobgoblin and it would be intense as hell, the winner go the banded armor maybe :D Most badass thing you saw back then was rend, hitting up enemy lands actually had significance, etc. Game was infinitely more fun back then... I remember people not picking up certain crafts or gathering masteries because it was widely believed a softcap was in place, even GM's would confirm it half the time lol.

Vokeles
03-23-2010, 07:37
The game was awsome at one point? Been here since NA launch and I've seen nothing even close to awsome.

Not much point to go more than 1km outside your city/hamlet/village. Oooo.. so you loot a bone set, a blackbolt and some regs.. big fucking deal.

Keno's point.

At launch it was not about a bone set, a blackbolt and some regs, it was about intense encounters with a fresh outlook. People knew so little and fights were more or less fair.

I know alot of people that were dominating at the time stopped playing because the game evolution pushed people to use things they didn't want to. People saw the game was going in this direction, some people just gave up. It's a sad recollection for me.

day day
03-23-2010, 10:36
Fighting goblins with 10 other random blues was more intense than raiding a city.

If someone got below 1/2 health, it was instant death and all the goblin farmers would gather round to kill you. Killing a blue was only -1 or -2 allignment. Then you would level up and have the same thing at the kobalds, skeletons and other close low lvl mobs.
The struggle was so tough and rewarding.

Now a days you have untouchable noobs and the whole goblin spawn to yourself, there isn't even a point in hitting those goblins because you can just buy a battlehorn and go to any mage mob in the game and get 10k+ per hour with a r0 1H, rank 1 sword skill, lol.

Hopefully archery gets more powerfull with this patch, there are only 3 classes and archery is fail for two main reasons
1) Mage vs Archer 1v1 skill gap is worlds apart
2) For an archer to wear bone, he has the protection disadvantage, but if he wears full plate, he has an archery disadvantage. It's like a single pixel shooter vs bazooka, rofl.

adre84
03-23-2010, 10:40
Today we’ll take you behind the scenes and talk about some of the things Darkfall developers are working on for the next patch.

There are some changes to the War Declaration system in the works: It won’t be free anymore to declare war and it won’t be instantaneous. If a clan declares war, there’s a fee taken out of its clan vault. After that happens the status changes to WARY and all clan members will be notified of the upcoming war. There’s a system message visible to members of both clans with the time remaining until status changes to “Enemy”. Clan members logging in after the fact will be notified as well.

Another feature the community has been asking about is Archery Specialization. Archery specialization will be split into two groups and each character can select one from each group. The first group contains Mana shield, Mage Killer and Jump Shot while the second contains Aquatic Shot, Mage Hunter and Master Scout.

These changes, along with other things, will be patched in sometime next week.
We’ll also let you know that we’re always looking for information about Darkfall 2010. At the moment however, the developers are focused on finalizing their decisions and tests of included features before they can start sharing more information.

...so?

Barf Mawg
03-23-2010, 11:18
wipe the servers already

Solvito
03-23-2010, 12:15
Yep. I remember starting at Adianthel in elf lands, everyone thought racial warfare was a big feature, so you'd have alfars coming up from the SE and you'd have these noob skirmishes with hunting bows or the occasional elite doublestrung bow you got off a hobgoblin and it would be intense as hell, the winner go the banded armor maybe :D Most badass thing you saw back then was rend, hitting up enemy lands actually had significance, etc. Game was infinitely more fun back then... I remember people not picking up certain crafts or gathering masteries because it was widely believed a softcap was in place, even GM's would confirm it half the time lol.yeah good old times, when some of us still had hopes for this game...

i have unsub 2 months ago, and not looking forward to coming back with the extremely small changes added in the last 3 months...

i loved the first 2 months of this game, then it got stale as hell, and i dont think AV is in for a radical change to the game( and im not talking about directx 11, for which i couldnt care less.)

thuggery
03-23-2010, 13:37
I miss the days where Agon wasn't a fucking flaming trampoline of bone armor.

couldnt agree more

Temko Firewing
03-23-2010, 15:55

<3 patch just about... NOAW.
and expansion.
and wipe of all devil gold in the game.:ninja:

giantAppleCore
03-23-2010, 16:13
and wipe of all devil gold in the game.:ninja:

Why? GM's have confirmed that it's being killed legitly. Maybe the reward outweighs the risk but why should players be punished for that?

Temko Firewing
03-23-2010, 16:54
Why? GM's have confirmed that it's being killed legitly. Maybe the reward outweighs the risk but why should players be punished for that?

10 minutes with 4 people and 1 BH for ~50-100k (average) and a chance of ~700k+ in loot might be legit.

but it's sure as hell broken as well.
Devil/dragon/other 50k+ mobs = fucked up all aspects of economy.

TheVillageIdiot
03-23-2010, 17:21
How about the devs present us with their ideas and let the community decide what new features and changes go in and HOW they are implemented, instead of having them just blindly put shit in that never works correctly and is worthless.

This wins for the stupidest idea I have ever heard.

people who have no idea how how to implement a function or how it impacts anything else, or how many resources it will take, or how to test it, are going to make game breaking decisions.

NO

Story time.....
I once had a customer how want to integrate DRAM onto a processor for cell-phones. It was great! it was hip! my god we can reduce the number of IC's and make the phone smaller and cheaper! We marketed the hell out of it.

I walked onto the project and ran a rough (very rough) cost calculation and 1 processor would cost $3000 each. On the surface the DRAM requires a special processing which could only be performed in one facility in the world. The design was so incredibly flawed due to architectural incompetence that 5 years later with 3 complete redesigns we finally had a product which was marginal and we sold very few of them.

We in no way re-couped the $300M-$400M we spent on developing this product. it was ill conceived and we were pushed to do stupid ass shit becuase our customer "wanted" it. Contrary to popular beleif the customer isn't always right. In fact the customer rarely knows wtf he is talking about.

DAA KAPUTTMACHA
03-23-2010, 17:21

:lmao:

Pssssht, little hint: You are right, i dont play since launch...because actually i play since beta. :ohno:

But you know, this cool forums have a feature, that you can create a new account and *bling* you have a new joining date. Fascinating.

But since you are convinced that the joining date and importance of a posting and the person behind it are correlating so much, you may now fall down on your knees while i unzip my trousers for ya.

giantAppleCore
03-23-2010, 17:33
10 minutes with 4 people and 1 BH for ~50-100k (average) and a chance of ~700k+ in loot might be legit.

but it's sure as hell broken as well.
Devil/dragon/other 50k+ mobs = fucked up all aspects of economy.

50-100k in total value sure, never seen anything approaching 700k in value. What drop is that?

But I agree, it isn't perfect. I don't think the gains should be taken back though. Maybe just make the devil untrappable in the next patch.

Kasmos
03-23-2010, 21:42
:lmao:

Pssssht, little hint: You are right, i dont play since launch...because actually i play since beta. :ohno:

But you know, this cool forums have a feature, that you can create a new account and *bling* you have a new joining date. Fascinating.

But since you are convinced that the joining date and importance of a posting and the person behind it are correlating so much, you may now fall down on your knees while i unzip my trousers for ya.

Cool bro, glad you've been here since beta, but you still have yet to explain how combat is more fun and more common now than it was during launch days (hint, it isn't), but of course if you were here since launch you'd know that wouldn't you?

And please don't do that, I choke on small objects.

Keno
03-23-2010, 21:56
This wins for the stupidest idea I have ever heard.

people who have no idea how how to implement a function or how it impacts anything else, or how many resources it will take, or how to test it, are going to make game breaking decisions.

NO

Story time.....
I once had a customer how want to integrate DRAM onto a processor for cell-phones. It was great! it was hip! my god we can reduce the number of IC's and make the phone smaller and cheaper! We marketed the hell out of it.

I walked onto the project and ran a rough (very rough) cost calculation and 1 processor would cost $3000 each. On the surface the DRAM requires a special processing which could only be performed in one facility in the world. The design was so incredibly flawed due to architectural incompetence that 5 years later with 3 complete redesigns we finally had a product which was marginal and we sold very few of them.

We in no way re-couped the $300M-$400M we spent on developing this product. it was ill conceived and we were pushed to do stupid ass shit becuase our customer "wanted" it. Contrary to popular beleif the customer isn't always right. In fact the customer rarely knows wtf he is talking about.

Community ideas could not be any worse then how most of the content already works in game.

True story

Kasmos
03-23-2010, 22:02
Community ideas could not be any worse then how most of the content already works in game.

True story

Actually, if even only 25% of what is in the community wishlist was implemented, Darkfall would be an INSANELY better game.

Valroth
03-23-2010, 23:03
Everyone looks back on their time as a newb with rose tinted glasses. The main reason PvP was so fun back when EU launched is because everyone was new, the game was still a mystery, and nothing was established. Now that the mystery is gone, the adventure has died, and we have a whole lot of veteran players who don't know why they aren't having fun anymore. Making archery and melee dominant in PvP again won't change the veteran perspective. I personally think archery and melee is the most viable playstyle for the average player anyway.

Skilla
03-23-2010, 23:05
Your all fat fucks, I win.

AV Just do something and get that fucking expansion out.
Don't try to hold us over with a baby retard patch.

K thanks!:rolleyes:

Skilla
03-23-2010, 23:09
Actually, if even only 25% of what is in the community wishlist was implemented, Darkfall would be an INSANELY better game.

YES

The key here is: There is about 50 grains of sand in Darkfall right now.

We want to be smothered in sand aka features and gameplay, skills/ abilitys.

AV GET WORK DONE! AND STOP FUCKING AROUND!

GO FOR 10,000,000,000,000 grains of sand in the box.

Temko Firewing
03-24-2010, 00:04
Keno:

you need to calm down. Trolling yets you nowhere and only gets that thing you tout ignored, good and bad both.

so deflate that enormous ego (and coming from me, thats saying something) and mature up.

as for devil:
it was mostly a joke but i tihnk everyone agrees something is just fucked up wtih gold flow into the game since x-pac.

rpgamer13
03-24-2010, 00:58
now to make sieges cost a min 1 million gold. so one man clans don't dec sieges so the real clan attacking doesn't loose anything. city sieges 1 million hamlets 100,000g i think is fair, think of the cost of rebuilding ect. and lost loot.

Keno
03-24-2010, 01:11
now to make sieges cost a min 1 million gold. so one man clans don't dec sieges so the real clan attacking doesn't loose anything. city sieges 1 million hamlets 100,000g i think is fair, think of the cost of rebuilding ect. and lost loot.

huh

DAA KAPUTTMACHA
03-24-2010, 06:38
Everyone looks back on their time as a newb with rose tinted glasses. The main reason PvP was so fun back when EU launched is because everyone was new, the game was still a mystery, and nothing was established. Now that the mystery is gone, the adventure has died, and we have a whole lot of veteran players who don't know why they aren't having fun anymore. Making archery and melee dominant in PvP again won't change the veteran perspective. I personally think archery and melee is the most viable playstyle for the average player anyway.

This.

People who talk all day long how much fun pvp in the early days of Darkfall was ignore the fact that this pvp often enough only consisted of nakeds with starter weapons.
They also ignore the fact that shortly after launch there where different periods when allways one certain play style was considered (!) OP and therefore chosen by 90% of the "competitive" kind of players.
(polearms... fire magic .... jumpshot kiting with bow....etc)

At least nowadays we can read every week in the forums how another thing is OP, and not always the same (despite the all time high of allegedly OP mount combat). ;)

DAA KAPUTTMACHA
03-24-2010, 06:41
(since one cant edit postings in spotlight section a double post)

Common pvp in the "best time DF had", or how Keno calls it again. (http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/8840/bloddy2.jpg)

oG-
03-24-2010, 12:51
(since one cant edit postings in spotlight section a double post)

Common pvp in the "best time DF had", or how Keno calls it again. (http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/8840/bloddy2.jpg)

wow!, is that cs 1.3 ?... i love the knife! , its for running speed is it not?

FUCK U MELEE SHITS!!! FIX STAFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Majorleague
03-24-2010, 13:03

True story

agreed

anwalen
03-24-2010, 13:06
the pvp system is completely fail in my opinion. Mount and blade have a very good system for fight (offline game)

the darkfall have an unrealistic implement of fight. simple quake or something like that. click run click click run click omg

the system needs revision as the armors and the weapons.

and this time should bring some idea to changes not just randomly try something

MortalZero
03-24-2010, 14:47
the pvp system is completely fail in my opinion. Mount and blade have a very good system for fight (offline game)

the darkfall have an unrealistic implement of fight. simple quake or something like that. click run click click run click omg

the system needs revision as the armors and the weapons.

and this time should bring some idea to changes not just randomly try something

Darkfall is as close to MountandBlade as an MMORPG can get while remain to be fun (fast paced / real time) to play.

L-C
03-24-2010, 15:02
Darkfall is as close to MountandBlade as an MMORPG can get while remain to be fun (fast paced / real time) to play.

The only thing darkfall has in common with M&B is that both are games. Sometimes I even wonder if darkfall is a game, because it feels like I'm going to work when I log in.

empa
03-24-2010, 15:28

So this way nobody will siege anyone.

Keno
03-24-2010, 16:15

basically

anwalen
03-24-2010, 16:23

i am not agree. In darkfall you can hit fast like a machine. never tired, no chance to react to a single attack. Tha pvp situation isnt similar to a real fight. If you ever player MaB you know thats a realy different fight system.

Darkfall maybe tryed to be similar, but now the lots of ability and skill cannot used effective. You can block. yep, until you get a disabling hit. You can try parry, but cannot react after a successfull parry without getting hitted again, so no advantage from parry. (exactly you loosing hp with parry)

Maybe the MaB system cannot implemented because the lots of data cant go through the net fast enough and would make lag, but the current system is a pointless chaotic one. I realy do not understand why they dont correct it. i cant belive they have not enough brain for it. (and i hope they have)

anwalen
03-24-2010, 16:26
Sieging now like a joke. In every minutes i see a message someone sieged someone.

Sieges should be a risk to both side and should not be a daily process.

I know. Sieges is the way to change owner when someone sell his property. But why isnt any system for that? But we will have direcx 11. muhahaha

anwalen
03-24-2010, 16:30
Anyway the system should be very simple. You siege a town for free. Because you have the right. The defender choose the time in a time period. Maybe in 24 hours. The attackers attacking, defenders defending. Give a time limit for siege. 1-2 hours.

If the attackers wants to win they will need lots of people, mercs, weapons, etc. that is a huge money.

A razed city to rebuild is a huge money too.

So i think dont need to pay money for siege.

Slowburn2020
03-24-2010, 17:20
Correct me if i am wrong, but if i want Aquatic Shot i have to go with mage hunter and lose elemental magic...buffs rather as its the only spells i really use, how stupid is this if true...

Basically all this does is give the archer an advantage in water and no where else, still going to be a lob sided affair compared to Magic classes. Same shit with destroyer etc, can use any ranged due to penalty so your fucked unless you can get close which in most cases is very difficult.

I might as well just go magic all the way use the buffs and max melee etc and say fuck AV stupid package systems and destroyer type skills etc.

So damn stupid that if i want aquatic shot i have to surrender by elemental magic which is only buffs.

Slowburn2020
03-24-2010, 17:22
Sieging now like a joke. In every minutes i see a message someone sieged someone.

Sieges should be a risk to both side and should not be a daily process.

I know. Sieges is the way to change owner when someone sell his property. But why isnt any system for that? But we will have direcx 11. muhahaha

+1

As much as i think the archery specializations blow big time, i like the new war system at least what i am reading about it.

Keno
03-24-2010, 17:22
Correct me if i am wrong, but if i want Aquatic Shot i have to go with mage hunter

Not true at all. You don't have to get mage hunter to get Aquatic Shot.

Slowburn2020
03-24-2010, 17:27

Well it will be a more organized siege, and more meaningful. Only thing imo that would make the siege system better is somehow implementing a no merc or limited merc....highly unlikely this would happen but it would help pvp sieges big time, for once a siege wouldn't contain the entire fucking server and every merc clan out there.

So sick of seeing clans that cant hold a city on their own consistently hire the entire server to help them defend. IMO it should be clan + alliance vs Clan+ alliance and alliance members have to be in alliance for at least 1 week or similar, but it sucks for new clans that want to siege and take a holding and they might be able to if it doesnt involve every fucking merc on the server.

Slowburn2020
03-24-2010, 17:28
Not true at all. You don't have to get mage hunter to get Aquatic Shot.

Sigh of relief!

Darkfiend#billy
03-24-2010, 21:01
Here's an idea (that really wouldn't change sieges at all but oh well)

Once a clan sieges another clan, both clans cannot ally any clans until the siege expires.

JBP
03-24-2010, 21:19
I think in the end this will hurt pure archer or archer/destro setup.

I need MageKiller AND JumpShot.....that is the only way I will have even a slim REMOTE chance against a good multi-school mage. But now they are gonna let you get JumpShot AND AquaticShot??? Its obvious every mage will pick that and how will be even more deadly in PvP...they can hop around with their BOWS now!!! YAY!!! I guess as an archer I just have to never fight near water?

AV, your game is dieing rapidly right before your eyes because the PvP it was suppose to be based on current BLOWS and has for almost 6months now. Wake up please.

Keno
03-24-2010, 21:58

Once a clan sieges another clan, both clans cannot ally any clans until the siege expires.

Cause that has not been mentioned like 1000000000 times.

Cause like, o yea, defenders wouldn't be able to bind everyone in their city.

Majorleague
03-24-2010, 22:10

nothings preventing the attacking clans to nutcup and ally everyone before the siege. if they also wager a holding then they can have the temp allies bind there while the defender cant. but who wagers holdings these days? its all alt clans :bang:

Darkfiend#billy
03-24-2010, 22:21
Cause that has not been mentioned like 1000000000 times.

Cause like, o yea, defenders wouldn't be able to bind everyone in their city.

MY BAD brotato I don't live on the forums... I actually play the game.

Keno
03-24-2010, 22:56
MY BAD brotato I don't live on the forums... I actually play the game.

Yea I can tell your a bit confused, it's cool though.

Sarblade
03-25-2010, 09:11
Thanks!

Stormtrooper
03-25-2010, 10:23
...WTB patch?

anwalen
03-25-2010, 11:11
silence about the patch on this week. Tomorrow friday. Its lates again.

thanat0s
03-25-2010, 11:35
So... Uh... About that whole "patch next week" thing you were talking about...

It's Thursday. We all know if you try to patch on a Friday there will be problems and the servers will be down all weekend.

Kasmos
03-25-2010, 11:48
So... Uh... About that whole "patch next week" thing you were talking about...

It's Thursday. We all know if you try to patch on a Friday there will be problems and the servers will be down all weekend.

I wouldn't hold your breath, remember 3 weeks ago when they said, "Next week we'll have some very exciting information for you"? Yeah, that never happened.

unravell3r
03-25-2010, 12:59
I wouldn't hold your breath, remember 3 weeks ago when they said, "Next week we'll have some very exciting information for you"? Yeah, that never happened.

yeah it's a pretty fascinating thing really to expect a company to keep it's word even one time out of 20. or I guess only for AV.

chokke
03-25-2010, 13:51
Good thing they keep us updated through Twitter about their wereabouts.

Banok
03-25-2010, 15:15
these changes, along with other things, will be patched in sometime next week.

gief

WokBox
03-25-2010, 17:17
lulz they lieds!

DAA KAPUTTMACHA
03-25-2010, 17:32
Oh Further Info, Where Art Thou?

Keno
03-25-2010, 17:54
Figured I'd check in to see ETA for patch, nothing here.

No Surprise.

natris
03-25-2010, 18:06
years come by yet some things stay the same

OMFG WHY NO COMMUNICATION ThIS agme iz VAPORZZZ111!111!!!!one!!1!!

:)

WokBox
03-25-2010, 18:10
Figured I'd check in to see ETA for patch, nothing here.

No Surprise.

Keno it really has been depressing seeing your declining faith in the game over the last few months. :( Yeah I know its warranted. It still just sad.

Keno
03-25-2010, 18:14
Keno it really has been depressing seeing your declining faith in the game over the last few months. :( Yeah I know its warranted. It still just sad.

I'm still sticking it out until Darkfall 2010. But, losing faith, yes..... I just don't really understand how hard it can really be to communicate. When the game launched they kept us up to date about what was being changed and fixed next, and there were patches every week or every other week that were AWESOME. Then, ever since the looooooong silence before the first expansion, it all started going to shit. :(

Kasmos
03-25-2010, 18:20
I'm still sticking it out until Darkfall 2010. But, losing faith, yes..... I just don't really understand how hard it can really be to communicate. When the game launched they kept us up to date about what was being changed and fixed next, and there were patches every week or every other week that were AWESOME. Then, ever since the looooooong silence before the first expansion, it all started going to shit. :(

After the first expansion is when it all started going to shit you're right, but it got really bad after the second expansion, and now it's just ridiculous.

If there was a function on the forums where you could streamline people's posts throughout their forum history, it would be very depressing to see how I was the one telling the vaporware trolls and haters to shut the fuck up, and after launch telling people that this game was great and awesome and blah blah blah, and now finally I'm getting fed up with it.

These past 3 months have really begun to make me lose faith...... :(

Valaska
03-25-2010, 18:35
Bring outest the patchest dudests!

thereishope
03-25-2010, 19:27
asdffasdfljsdlfj asldk;fjasdkl;f
aflasjfldsk

WHASSDFLHFLFLKSJFOAJFEOFAJOFJOWJAFOJWEOF JEIO

communicate to ur playerbase.

We should have weekly updates.

ex. "tasos picked his nose and flicked it at the programmers" etc.

bartillo
03-25-2010, 21:26
I thought they said this was spose to be patched in this week? >.>

Walking Target
03-25-2010, 21:39
I thought they said this was spose to be patched in this week? >.>

Week's not over?

:(

steevz
03-25-2010, 22:47
Last time they said patching next week it was Friday that they patched. Hopefully it will be the same deal here.

Middle_Man
03-26-2010, 07:19
Do you guys have amnesia prior to the game launching communication was shit. Game launched communication was shit. Every expansion communication was shit. This is how AV rolls accept it. If you are letting this get to you... you need to learn how tacos rolls.

-Iam Killer

thedrumchannell
03-26-2010, 07:41
Do you guys have amnesia prior to the game launching communication was shit. Game launched communication was shit. Every expansion communication was shit. This is how AV rolls accept it. If you are letting this get to you... you need to learn how tacos rolls.

-Iam Killer

This, communication from AV has never, ever at anytime been good... Ever!

evilsuxxor
03-26-2010, 10:13
it could be next week 2011

Victis honor
03-26-2010, 11:35
atleast they did not fuck whit the weekend.

anwalen
03-26-2010, 12:18
i try to imagine what staff leader can be lo lamer like AV has. No communication, no any sense for customers. subscription number going down crazy and they have no any idea what happening.

Now we can see how can a good idea turn to dust with a useless staff leader.

Mandariini
03-26-2010, 12:52
Truly sad..

doomahx
03-26-2010, 14:20
Maybe it's still monday in greece?

Kasmos
03-26-2010, 14:30
Maybe it's still monday in greece?

I think it's still 2009 in Greece, so they probably think they have another 5 months until they need to start talking about Darkfall 2010.

Mightimus
03-26-2010, 14:47
Where is my changes?

fluffheadsr
03-26-2010, 14:49
almost 1 month since we were suppose to get some awesome info and all I go was this lousy spotlight post.. LOL:lmao::lmao:

Kasmos
03-26-2010, 15:03
Where is my changes?

They're coming, soon (tm).

SamSpades
03-26-2010, 15:03
man.. im still new to the game but lack of info really kills it for the playerbase.. :\

unravell3r
03-26-2010, 15:36
man.. im still new to the game but lack of info really kills it for the playerbase.. :\

this.

It's impossible to comprehend how AV is running their game... they say patch this week, no patch, and not even a word about its delay, new time frame, anything? Maybe they are just working on another project and are hardly committing any resources to DF anymore. If they were as enthusiastic about Darkfall as they were when the game launched, there is no way and no how they would leave their playerbase in the dark like this. It turns off a mass amount of people, and justifiably so.

chaOxz
03-26-2010, 15:41
Sad :( this game is coming to an end?:(

gorfhag
03-26-2010, 15:46
This game is dead, at least for me.

Stanleyxd
03-26-2010, 15:51
Maybe they are making change to the patch with the feedbacks in this thread? so expect 3 months+ to remove Aqua shot from specialization. ;)

raapnaap
03-26-2010, 16:00
Maybe they are making change to the patch with the feedbacks in this thread? so expect 3 months+ to remove Aqua shot from specialization. ;)

You can be sure the delay is (atleast partly) caused by the feedback here.

I'm guessing for the patch... early next week.

As for info, really slack there. We really need more updates. It's almost like we're going back to the pre-spotlight days, which is bad.

enders_
03-26-2010, 16:00
If they don't support us, we shouldn't support them. Cancel your subs, maybe then they'll wake up.

thedrumchannell
03-26-2010, 16:24
This will be my last indie game, the lies and missing communication from AV is just ridiculous.

Where is the patch, where is the promised information, where is the unexpected guest, where is Darkfall 2010?

Arquiteto
03-26-2010, 16:40
I feel like a kid looking out the window waiting for his deadbeat dad to show up to take him to the park. Only to receive a call 3 hours later that something came up, but then there I am waiting at the window the following week waiting and thinking. This time will be different.

This couldn't be worse timing. There biggest competitor is hitting the market by the end of the month and now is when they decide to slack on communication and make false promises.

I am crossing my fingers and hoping they decided to just release all the new info next week right before Mortal Online's launch. Yes MO is buggy and basically being released while its still in beta, but it starts to look a little better after seeing how long people have waited for Darkfall 2010 info.

I just started about a month ago. This game is fantastic and still keeping me entertained 100% of the time. However I feel for the Vets who have been waiting for the new features and fixes.

chaOxz
03-26-2010, 16:51
This will be my last indie game, the lies and missing communication from AV is just ridiculous.

same!
Darkfall is my first MMO I have ever played and it will be my first and last indie game :(

Camaris
03-26-2010, 16:55
Mortal Online is so bad.... cant believe this game will cause any major issues for df.

They will release infos if they are ready to and no QQing of the world could change this. And tbh... if you got Infos.. is DF then more fun for you to play? Can you do anything new with those Infos?

They should just do their work and make a good expansion and then i have no reason to have any Infos. It just has to be good. If my game would be 100% Forum then again i probably like some new stuff to bitch and QQ around.

Noxide
03-26-2010, 17:34
A patch due, eh? First time I've it's really sunk in! How about more rewards for honest, good players who spend a lot of time on the game? God-complex. Where is the love? OH NO!

Kasmos
03-26-2010, 18:18

Where is the patch, where is the promised information, where is the unexpected guest, where is Darkfall 2010?

Holy shit, didn't you like give full praise to Aventurine and were like, "just be patient guys" like 20 posts ago?

Oh yeah... now the despair is starting to sink in isn't it? Welcome to the sad side.... :(

doomahx
03-26-2010, 18:34
They should just do their work and make a good expansion and then i have no reason to have any Infos. It just has to be good. If my game would be 100% Forum then again i probably like some new stuff to bitch and QQ around.

Them doing work has nothing to do with the spotlight people posting info, unless of course the "community liaisons" are a lie they concocted and it's really just them.

It isn't the lack of info that bothers me, it's the fact that they promise information yet constantly fail to deliver. Just fucking erase the spotlight and stop promising information, easy to do, honest and we will always know what to expect.

ThunderThighs
03-26-2010, 18:49
see you in xsyon

Scrubby Bear
03-26-2010, 18:51
looking more and more forward to all points bulletin.
never again will I waste time with a company like AV and such a grindy game.

Keno
03-26-2010, 19:01
see you in xsyon

I'm the only one in my vent who thinks that game can succeed. I pre-ordered. Let's ally our tribes and build an empire!

Spades911
03-26-2010, 19:12
I'm the only one in my vent who thinks that game can succeed. I pre-ordered. Let's ally our tribes and build an empire!

My good sir... There is no mention of PvP what so ever in that entire website... What vent do you use now a days?

thedrumchannell
03-26-2010, 19:12
Holy shit, didn't you like give full praise to Aventurine and were like, "just be patient guys" like 20 posts ago?

No, I said that communication from AV has always been garbage.

Keno
03-26-2010, 19:19
My god sir... There is no mention of PvP what so ever in that entire website... What vent do you use now a days?

I still use the alliance vent but I have another super secret vent as well. PM me if you want details!

There is PVP mentioned and combat mechanics on the forums!

Kasmos
03-26-2010, 19:19
looking more and more forward to all points bulletin.
never again will I waste time with a company like AV and such a grindy game.

Scrubby Bear is sad too?..... What a sad day indeed.... :(

Stanleyxd
03-26-2010, 20:13
Xsyon does look good :o but the official release is in 20 days and no one between the devs played it -_-

still pre ordering it because it doesn't take me much to get all hyped :D

thereishope
03-26-2010, 20:18
if they dont have an update next week im quitting this game.

I feel like i have been in a year long relationship with an abusive girlfriend who only gives a shit about herself, even though im paying all the bills.

fuck.

that

Synik
03-26-2010, 20:35
if they dont have an update next week im quitting this game.

I feel like i have been in a year long relationship with an abusive girlfriend who only gives a shit about herself, even though im paying all the bills.

fuck.

that

I can't say I will quit but I will be pissed!
I think the game is getting worse : lag is rampent( guessing they scaled back bandwidth to save money?), population is not getting better than I can see and everyone is getting tired of waiting for seemingly easy updates. How hard is it for them to code the archery change? Shoulda happened like a month
ago. Also the lack of communication
is getting worse. They even are censoring
there news posts, na server down dissappeared... Idk I want to think that they are doing everything they can to make the game work but I thinking they are trying to milk the community until it just dies...

Prove me wrong AV, please.

ISVRaDa
03-29-2010, 11:56
And the problem is? :rolleyes:

If you are playing and paying only for waiting changes, unsub one or two months. Take a rest and come back to the game with more enthusiasm and illusion. But if you can´t enjoy it, quit the game and try find another one :)

Here AV are the workers, the creators of their own game.

The rest .. they are non-existent problems.

Demonous5
03-29-2010, 19:13
so will this patch wipe all current wars?

Greywind
03-30-2010, 17:27
Today we’ll take you behind the scenes and talk about some of the things Darkfall developers are working on for the next patch.

There are some changes to the War Declaration system in the works: It won’t be free anymore to declare war and it won’t be instantaneous. If a clan declares war, there’s a fee taken out of its clan vault. After that happens the status changes to WARY and all clan members will be notified of the upcoming war. There’s a system message visible to members of both clans with the time remaining until status changes to “Enemy”. Clan members logging in after the fact will be notified as well.

Another feature the community has been asking about is Archery Specialization. Archery specialization will be split into two groups and each character can select one from each group. The first group contains Mana shield, Mage Killer and Jump Shot while the second contains Aquatic Shot, Mage Hunter and Master Scout.

We’ll also let you know that we’re always looking for information about Darkfall 2010. At the moment however, the developers are focused on finalizing their decisions and tests of included features before they can start sharing more information.
Let me emphasize
Posted 03-16-2010
Today 03-30-2010

Question..... are we there yet?

Kimoshu
04-01-2010, 16:29
Let me emphasize
Posted 03-16-2010
Today 03-30-2010

Question..... are we there yet?

Patch is going in right now and also they stated in another spotlight that it was delayed to late this week. Read new spotlights when they come out, they don't usually keep updating the old ones mate!

-Andrew

JBP
04-03-2010, 09:11
AWSOME PATCH AV!!!!!!!!!

Mages can now have JUMP SHOT WITH AQUA SHOT!!!!!!!!! So once again you have nerfed everyone but mages whilst giving them a buff!! The strongboxes are simply retarded and a waste of development time when the game has so many other glaring issues. AND, travel has once again become MORE time intensive and an even greater timesink.

AV ftl.

JohnSRice
04-09-2010, 15:04
We’ll also let you know that we’re always looking for information about Darkfall 2010. At the moment however, the developers are focused on finalizing their decisions and tests of included features before they can start sharing more information.[/QUOTE]

As I have been away from DF for awile I missed a lot of info.

What is Darkfall 2010?

Kimoshu
04-09-2010, 15:53

What is Darkfall 2010?[/QUOTE]

Not sure exactly, Tasos mentioned it in an interview that some project they are working on called Darkfall 2010 is going to drastically change the game.

-Andrew

JohnSRice
04-09-2010, 16:05

What is Darkfall 2010?

Not sure exactly, Tasos mentioned it in an interview that some project they are working on called Darkfall 2010 is going to drastically change the game.

-Andrew[/QUOTE]

Is DF 2010 going to be an add-on, update, or a completely new game or expansion you have to pay for?

Lord Jenicus
04-09-2010, 16:11

-Andrew

Is DF 2010 going to be an add-on, update, or a completely new game or expansion you have to pay for?[/QUOTE]

I think it's just the Umbrella Term to describe the coming changes this year, we got 2.5 expansions so far, and given the time frame between them I have a feeling there's enough room this year for another 2, or one REALLY big one (IE: actual expansion sized, not glorified content patch).

Pretty sure all the DF2010 stuff will be free.

Izure
04-14-2010, 21:43
Is DF 2010 going to be an add-on, update, or a completely new game or expansion you have to pay for?

I think it's just the Umbrella Term to describe the coming changes this year, we got 2.5 expansions so far, and given the time frame between them I have a feeling there's enough room this year for another 2, or one REALLY big one (IE: actual expansion sized, not glorified content patch).

Pretty sure all the DF2010 stuff will be free.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully its a revamped of the many broken features we have, #1 being combat balance, magic owns all still for the most part, but hey AT least archery gets AQUA SHOT!

JohnSRice
04-15-2010, 04:36
but hey AT least archery gets AQUA SHOT![/QUOTE]

Yes but now we have to pay for it and lose max mana at the same time for something that used to not be considered an add-on skill. you could always shoot magic and arrows while swimming AND shoot arrows underwater before they PATCHED IT OUT. And without having to pay for it.

Not much of an Improvement to have to pay for something that used to be free.

MortalZero
04-15-2010, 13:35
but hey AT least archery gets AQUA SHOT!

Yes but now we have to pay for it and lose max mana at the same time for something that used to not be considered an add-on skill. you could always shoot magic and arrows while swimming AND shoot arrows underwater before they PATCHED IT OUT. And without having to pay for it.

Not much of an Improvement to have to pay for something that used to be free.[/QUOTE]

Never should anyone be allowed to shoot arrows underwater is the right statement.

JohnSRice
04-15-2010, 14:30

Not much of an Improvement to have to pay for something that used to be free.

Never should anyone be allowed to shoot arrows underwater is the right statement.[/QUOTE]

I never said if it was right or wrong. I just said you didn't have to pay for it before it got patched out. If shooting in or under water is something you shouldn't be able to do why do they allow it if you pay extra for it?

Being under water used to protect you from magic but it doesn't now either.

Temko Firewing
04-15-2010, 14:40
well..

nice to know this sounded to good.
communication from AV. heh.

Shiva Firewing signing out,
maybe i'll be back when av does jack shit :)

Signus
04-15-2010, 14:57
Yes but now we have to pay for it and lose max mana at the same time for something that used to not be considered an add-on skill. you could always shoot magic and arrows while swimming AND shoot arrows underwater before they PATCHED IT OUT. A

Er, that's because it was a bug/exploit. If you look through old Aventurine interviews they were always against archery and magic being used under water.

Not saying it was a good idea or the best solution, but using that stuff under water was not in their original intent, hence why it got fixed.