PDA

View Full Version : Out of virtual address space error message

Mr. White
03-01-2010, 15:23
If you're one of the players still getting an error message that reads "Out of virtual address space" please submit a bug report before restarting Darkfall. This will help our programmers to locate and fix whatever is causing this for your specific configuration.

To submit a bug report: Go to your Start Menu (bottom left of your windows taskbar) --> Darkfall --> Report Error

Valkyrior
03-01-2010, 15:24
Excpet heavy traffic :)

on a more serious note ive gotten that so many times recently, glad to see your working on it

linki
03-01-2010, 15:27
hopefully this get fixed soon then :)

OSIk
03-01-2010, 15:46
Yesterday i got my first on a siege PR vs SUN, dunno didnt seem like there were alot more people than in most lag fest sieges and it was in a brief , no fight period. Happened after i OCed my CPU so it may be tied.

[LoD] EE
03-01-2010, 15:48
Perhaps AV should have the game automatically send a error report by checking with the lobby on start up. Having to go do it manually is annoying when it happens numerous times a day.

Helcular
03-01-2010, 15:50
I used to get this message a lot.

It was either a fix that made it go away or when I turned back on object clipping. Coincidence maybe...

DFmerph
03-01-2010, 16:11
Well, we all know the only way to fix this issue is to make Cairn sieges not happen. Any other attempts are a waste

Kasmos
03-01-2010, 16:20
I got it twice yesterday during the siege at Mehatil.... was very sad times.

Keno
03-01-2010, 16:23
I got it twice yesterday during the siege at Mehatil.... was very sad times.

I got it 7 times, every 30 min or so. It seems the people that are still getting it have 32 bit operating systems. Upgrading to 64 today.

Captain Kirk
03-01-2010, 16:26
Will do, would be nice to get rid of this once and for all! :)

[LoD] EE
03-01-2010, 16:26
I got it 7 times, every 30 min or so. It seems the people that are still getting it have 32 bit operating systems. Upgrading to 64 today.

It happens with 64 bit OS's as well, I have been running 64 bit for a while now. It doesnt happen as often, the GUI bug where the loading screen stays up yet you can move happens more often than the OoVM.

badrien
03-01-2010, 16:30
Never had this error before. On both my machines, one only had 2gb of ram, my current one 6gb.

Does it have anything to do with you pagefile?

smoke2000
03-01-2010, 16:31

nah , its completely random. 64bit windows 7. Got it 3 times, that day mcdoogs got drunk. Was fine in last tiquiya siege though. Sadly missed the mehatil one, or maybe that's a good thing ;)

i7 960, 6 gb ram , 1.2 TB free disk space, geforce 285gtx.

I've tried a lot of suggestions, i keep getting virtual mem after some time in a fight with too many people.

Everyone should just bring scrub gear if it is well known to be a 400-man siege. It's not worth bringing good gear for, cause you'll die when crashed anyway.

KoKane
03-01-2010, 16:50

Ninogan gets it too with that Nasa computer. While others at the same siege with a quarter of the specs dont crash.

Helcular
03-01-2010, 17:29
I was fully expecting the out-of-virtual during the Mehatil siege yesterday but didn't get it once. 70+ in the general area and was getting 30/40 in the city.

I do have object clipping on - makes long distance shooting worthless but seems to help. PS1_1 shader and everything else default to LOW.

Specs:
Intel E8500
Nvidia 9800 GX2 - Driver version 195.62
4GB Ram
Windows 7 64bit

Keno
03-01-2010, 17:41
Ninogan gets it too with that Nasa computer. While others at the same siege with a quarter of the specs dont crash.

Is his operating system 64 bit?

Kasmos
03-01-2010, 17:52
Is his operating system 64 bit?

Why should it matter? I'm not going to upgrade to 64 bit because you can get less crashes with it when I shouldn't be getting any crashes with my current rig anyway!

I just hope they can actually address this issue and continue to decrease the lag, because last night at Mehatil was the first siege I've been in where I lagged to fuck and it was literally almost unplayable.

Keno
03-01-2010, 17:56
Why should it matter? I'm not going to upgrade to 64 bit because you can get less crashes with it when I shouldn't be getting any crashes with my current rig anyway!

I just hope they can actually address this issue and continue to decrease the lag, because last night at Mehatil was the first siege I've been in where I lagged to fuck and it was literally almost unplayable.

I totally agree, I mean, its retarded to have to have a 64, but it seems less crash with 64 bits.

stony23
03-01-2010, 17:56
I totally agree, I mean, its retarded to have to have a 64, but it seems less crash with 64 bits.

well, thats totally subjective

Kimoshu
03-01-2010, 18:10
I've never had this issue myself, though I've never been in a large siege...

The virtual memory issue is not to do with your system RAM directly. Though the more RAM you have the more it will offset the possibility of this type of error. Virtual Memory is what your computer uses when it runs out of system ram. Virtual Memory is very simply space reserved on your hard-drive by your computer that simulates RAM and is used if your computer's RAM is completely used up. To help alleviate this problem you can manually set the pagefile on your machine which should allow for more Virtual Memory to be used without crashing. If this happens to you often and you've got a ton of disk space to spare set the page file to 10gb minimum and maximum. This way windows reserves that space on your computer right away so it won't have to expand it later when the pagefile starts getting full. The more you set the more room for extra memory usage you have but don't put it rediculously high and make sure there's at least 10-15% left on the drive you set the pagefile on.

That should hopefully help those having this issue often!

PS: I have 1gb system ram but my pagefile is 2500mb min and 5000mb max, I would probably crash in a siege with that amount and would add in another 5000mb at least on another drive just in case.

-Andrew

stony23
03-01-2010, 18:14

The virtual memory issue is not to do with your system RAM directly. Though the more RAM you have the more it will offset the possibility of this type of error. Virtual Memory is what your computer uses when it runs out of system ram. Virtual Memory is very simply space reserved on your hard-drive by your computer that simulates RAM and is used if your computer's RAM is completely used up. To help alleviate this problem you can manually set the pagefile on your machine which should allow for more Virtual Memory to be used without crashing. If this happens to you often and you've got a ton of disk space to spare set the page file to 10gb minimum and maximum. This way windows reserves that space on your computer right away so it won't have to expand it later when the pagefile starts getting full. The more you set the more room for extra memory usage you have but don't put it rediculously high and make sure there's at least 10-15% left on the drive you set the pagefile on.

PS: I have 1gb system ram but my pagefile is 2500mb min and 5000mb max, I would probably crash in a siege with that amount and would add in another 5000mb at least on another drive just in case.

-Andrew

the out of virtual memory errors of darkfall have nothing whatsoever to do with the pagefile of your windows. even if windows refers to the page file as "virtual memory". the "virtual memory" darkfall is referring to has probably something to do with network cache

Moonias
03-01-2010, 18:43

Interesting thought I run vista64 and did not crash during turtes, super fags siege.

Soulipcistic
03-01-2010, 19:59

Shit was happening to me in under 10 minutes, I dunno how you could stand 7 times, I gave up and left the siege after 3.

WokBox
03-01-2010, 22:14
How do you not know whats causing this? Its been happening for a year now.

type
03-01-2010, 22:16
Windows 7 -64

I didn't virtual address once, although my game did instantly close at one point. Im not sure of why it did this. It may have been a quick ass virtual address but again, not sure.

Abaratican
03-01-2010, 22:18
How do you not know whats causing this? Its been happening for a year now.

It's probably more than one thing. Memory leaks can be hard to plug... and are a result of poor engineering at some point or another. Good engineers tend to avoid them entirely, except in very obscure cases. And when those cases happen, it can be insanely challenging to find them and fix them. So, they've likely plugged several leaks already, but there's more to be plugged yet.

Rugula
03-01-2010, 22:27
the out of virtual memory errors of darkfall have nothing whatsoever to do with the pagefile of your windows. even if windows refers to the page file as "virtual memory". the "virtual memory" darkfall is referring to has probably something to do with network cache

The White Paper on this site explains exactly whats happening:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/display/WDDM_VA.mspx

Basically Darkfall is using Directx9 and was coded for 32-bit, which Vista and Windows 7 don't comply with that well with the new WDDM. It's the service that spreads virtual memory across the OS (to that bastard Aero and others). If they make it DX10 compatible or code it for 64-bit, it should fix the problem.

Rugula
03-01-2010, 22:30
The White Paper on this site explains exactly whats happening:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/display/WDDM_VA.mspx

Basically Darkfall is using Directx9 and was coded for 32-bit, which Vista and Windows 7 don't comply with that well with the new WDDM. It's the service that spreads virtual memory across the OS (to that bastard Aero and others). If they make it DX10 compatible or code it for 64-bit, it should fix the problem.

From the whitepaper:

Interim Solution
To address this problem, Microsoft is changing the way in which the video memory manager persists the content of video memory resources to avoid using a permanent virtual address range for each virtualized allocation. With the new approach, only allocations that are created as "lockable" consume space in the virtual address space of the application. Allocations that are not created as "lockable" do not consume space. This approach significantly reduces the use of virtual address space so that the application can run on large video memory configurations without reaching the limits.
Although this approach reduces virtual address consumption, it does not eliminate the 2 GB virtual address space limit, which many applications are approaching quickly on their own. It is only a matter of time until applications reach the limit for other reasons.

Kimoshu
03-01-2010, 22:51
From the whitepaper:

Interim Solution
To address this problem, Microsoft is changing the way in which the video memory manager persists the content of video memory resources to avoid using a permanent virtual address range for each virtualized allocation. With the new approach, only allocations that are created as "lockable" consume space in the virtual address space of the application. Allocations that are not created as "lockable" do not consume space. This approach significantly reduces the use of virtual address space so that the application can run on large video memory configurations without reaching the limits.
Although this approach reduces virtual address consumption, it does not eliminate the 2 GB virtual address space limit, which many applications are approaching quickly on their own. It is only a matter of time until applications reach the limit for other reasons.

Interesting, thanks for the posts on this guys it's good to get more information about this problem. I imagine my computer would spontaneously combust if I participated in a siege so for me this error probably will never happen ^_^.

-Andrew

nick larking
03-01-2010, 23:17
From the whitepaper:

Interim Solution

So df2010 will have them fixed or most of them atleast then i gues.
I personaly havent had virtual memory for a long long time so probably wont effect me :p.

Rigan Pere
03-01-2010, 23:25
Never used to get it on xp 32bit, ever since they said they fixed it, I have started getting it in large seiges and the surrounding area :(

will submit report next time it happens.

smackyou
03-01-2010, 23:27
havent got it for a long time know luckly.

Poco87
03-02-2010, 03:16
I had this error around launch time, and fixed it by updating my Microsoft .net framwork

Mimodance
03-02-2010, 03:36
My text color is gay!

-Andrew

I know, rite!?

Spottycat
03-02-2010, 10:49
Glad to see that this is being worked on.

I seem to get this bug on my laptop more often than I get it on my main box.

laptop is a Athlon 64x2 with radeon express 1250 in it - 2gb ram - vista 32 home
main box is i7 920 with with nvidia 9850 gx2 - 12gb ram - W7 64 pro

either way, I still get the error, it just takes longer on the better machine.

C^ae^R
03-02-2010, 15:15
Will do.

I get it only at sieges with big numbers, or even after a siege, when there're no many ppl around anymore if I forget to restart Darkfall.

gazarsgo
03-02-2010, 15:31
I had this error around launch time, and fixed it by updating my Microsoft .net framwork

pretty funny considering Darkfall is written in Java

driftwood81
03-02-2010, 15:54

-Andrew

Virtual memory isn't unlimited. The max VM your PC can utilize is a ratio to your current ram. Usually it's RAM:VM - 1:2, or if you are creating a separate drive/partition, you leave additional space so you aren't filling up the entire partition.

I've never got this error, but I'm on Windows XP.

driftwood81
03-02-2010, 15:58
Virtual memory isn't unlimited. The max VM your PC can utilize is a ratio to your current ram. Usually it's RAM:VM - 1:2, or if you are creating a separate drive/partition, you leave additional space so you aren't filling up the entire partition.

Furthermore, if Darkfall starts having to use virtual memory, the game is going to become unplayable for you anyways. This is probably the point people start to report 4 fps :P

stony23
03-02-2010, 16:06

im telling you the virtual memory error of df has nothing to do with the pagefile beeing full or something.

my pagefile has never been full in my life.

driftwood81
03-02-2010, 16:24
im telling you the virtual memory error of df has nothing to do with the pagefile beeing full or something.

Virtual memory is virtual memory. People get the virtual memory error after they traveled great distances, or when there are a ton of players in a condensed area using up all their available physical memory.

stony23
03-02-2010, 16:41
Virtual memory is virtual memory. People get the virtual memory error after they traveled great distances, or when there are a ton of players in a condensed area using up all their available physical memory.

darkfall doesnt even use up all your ram....forget those halluzinations where darkfall uses up all your virtual memory.

electrofux
03-02-2010, 16:53

I noticed lags have become worse lately. I had lags like in Hyperion time during the Shargal Siege whereas the Gulgath Siege was fine. Also yesterday i was in a group of ten and we all experienced a lot of lag just travelling around.

Will do the report next time i get the virtual adress error which i only get in sieges on 32bit AND 64bit.

electrofux
03-02-2010, 16:57
darkfall doesnt even use up all your ram....forget those halluzinations where darkfall uses up all your virtual memory.

It does! I checked it. One of my rigs only has 2G and with only Darkfall running Ram usage was at the limit and the Pagefile was at 2GB. Im sure ram requirements have somehow increased. Because it was running fine weeks ago. Vista is another Problem though. Already ordered more Ram.

stony23
03-02-2010, 17:01
It does! I checked it. One of my rigs only has 2G and with only Darkfall running Ram usage was at the limit and the Pagefile was at 2GB. Im sure ram requirements have somehow increased. Because it was running fine weeks ago. Vista is another Problem though. Already ordered more Ram.

okok sorry, sure if u only have 2gb ram darkfall might use them up.

im talking about ppl with 4gb and more ram here, and i think 95% of the ppl here have 4gb+ ram.

and darkfall will never ever ever ever ever use up your 4gb of ram.

Rugula
03-02-2010, 17:08

The errors are related to Virtual Address Space, not Virtual Memory.

Virtual Address Space ≠ Virtual Memory

Zarithas
03-02-2010, 17:09
Did not virtual address at all during the Mehatil siege, but I did crash out of the blue. The client just exited instantly. Only happened once though.

I don't get virtual addresses much anymore. I have Windows 7 64-bit and 4 GB of DDR2.

driftwood81
03-02-2010, 17:10

im talking about ppl with 4gb and more ram here, and i think 95% of the ppl here have 4gb+ ram.

It's CLEARLY a memory issue which takes place after traveling long distances or being in an area with a ton of players and activity.

x86 OS will only allow a single process to use 2GB of ram. There is a flag you can set to let processes use 3GB of ram, but a x86 OS cannot even fully utilize 4GB correctly.

Furthermore, none of us know how Darkfall is coded. Even with a x64 bit OS where processes can use more than 2GB, Darkfall would have to be coded properly to take advantage of it. Darkfall does not properly use more than one core of a processor, so I wouldn't be shocked to see it improperly handling more than 2GB of memory and not be coded as a x64 application.

One thing that is clear though, is that when your memory is getting hit hard by darkfall (1GB used just to load, 1.5GB just with some minor traveling around, 2GB+ easily with sieges) you start to get the error.

Sorry friend, but your stubbornness does not equate to computer knowledge.

CtrlAltDelete
03-02-2010, 17:13
I have played since release. I have had the VM crash numerous times with xp 32bit/64bit. Vista32bit/64bit and Win7 64bit on two different systems.
And yes, i even tried to change my pagefile, that change or the OS made no difference.

Please people, spare us your uneducated ill thought out solutions. Just submit the fucking reports and let the people who know what they are doing fix it.

stony23
03-02-2010, 17:18
It's CLEARLY a memory issue which takes place after traveling long distances or being in an area with a ton of players and activity.

x86 OS will only allow a single process to use 2GB of ram. There is a flag you can set to let processes use 3GB of ram, but a x86 OS cannot even fully utilize 4GB correctly.

Furthermore, none of us know how Darkfall is coded. Even with a x64 bit OS where processes can use more than 2GB, Darkfall would have to be coded properly to take advantage of it. Darkfall does not properly use more than one core of a processor, so I wouldn't be shocked to see it improperly handling more than 2GB of memory and not be coded as a x64 application.

One thing that is clear though, is that when your memory is getting hit hard by darkfall (1GB used just to load, 1.5GB just with some minor traveling around, 2GB+ easily with sieges) you start to get the error.

Sorry friend, but your stubbornness does not equate to computer knowledge.

really spare us your pseudo-hardware-knowledge and just submit an error report.

increasing the page file wont help whatever youre halluzinating.

driftwood81
03-02-2010, 17:22
really spare us your pseudo-hardware-knowledge and just submit an error report.

increasing the page file wont help whatever youre halluzinating.

I never said it would help there genius. I was correcting the poster who was saying you can just keep adding virtual memory to a PC regardless of how much RAM you have. Then you started replying saying the memory error has nothing to do with memory.

stony23
03-02-2010, 17:25
I never said it would help there genius. I was correcting the poster who was saying you can just keep adding virtual memory to a PC regardless of how much RAM you have. Then you started replying saying the memory error has nothing to do with memory.

yup. thats it. darkfalls virtual error msg has nothing to do with the virtual memory of your system, and your pagefile. thats what i wanted to clear outö

Spades911
03-02-2010, 18:24
I've gotten a out of virtual memory error about three times my entire darkfall E career and i've participated in some of the biggest sieges the servers have seen, but alas. I have Windows XP 64 bit + 12 gigs of DDR3 ram so that may explain why.

foojin
03-02-2010, 18:51
Submitted like 50 in the last week. Anymore fixes incoming?

Getting them even from standing still for 30 mins in Calf and crashing every 5 min in sieges ain't fun.

carebearkilla
03-04-2010, 10:41
in case it helps i would just like to add, that i NEVER had this problem when i was playing the BETA.

now i have it like 10 times a day. happens the most when i cross mulitpleserver lines.

its to the point that unless its extremely local, i don't even go out to pvp with my guild cause i just end up crashing all the time and they ppl get annoyed waiting. i mean it happens to them to, but not nearly as much for some reason.

Sh4d0wDr4g0n
03-04-2010, 11:18
I used to almost never get a virtual error, it would take several large sieges and a bindstone recall to crash. Then I got a new hard drive, did a clean install of Windows XP 32bit, and I crash much more under less strenuous circumstances than before with a 6+ year old IDE HD. There has been absolutely no hardware changes except for a SATA HD and it is the exact same Operating System Windows XP Pro 32bit.

I really cannot even fathom what the problem could possibly be.

RonarcBracklaw
03-04-2010, 11:31
EE;4098579'] the GUI bug where the loading screen stays up yet you can move happens more often than the OoVM.

qft. This is the MOST annoying bug EVER. PLEASE make a fix for this.

I am thinking it has something to do with the size of the XML file that stores the location of windows on the screen, etc because I didn't start getting the bug until I accidentally clicked on Log all Chat. Now there's a TON of chat related stuff in that file, and I'm not entirely sure how to safely delete all of it.

syryel
03-04-2010, 11:51
I had thought out a logic on how the client should load other players and objects when there is lag due to a large presence of players, but I lack the time to write it out now, so here is the simple logical principle.

Principle : the client should not try to load more than what it, along with the hardware, can handle at a given time. Doing so causes extreme lag, making it unplayable and "fatal" for the player, and even crashes (usually the client).

The client should be able to estimate the lag and have a logically program for not overpassing what it can deal with (for that given computer at that time/place in the game). In case of debiliating lag, it would have to filter out the furthest players or objects and prioritize the closest/most threatening at that moment. I lack time to explain the logically discrimination that would have to be applied in such cases, but suffice it to say it would happen only in large pvp fights (except of course if you are trying to play with a very weak or disfunctional graphics card). Some far away players would, at worse, appear as "fog-of-war" so-to-speak and some objects do not need to be loaded though you are in the general region of a city for example (again, this limit would only apply to avoid fatal lag and crashes).

In any case, whether or not one agrees with my "loading discrimination concept to avoid fatal lag", the simple logic remains that the client should simply not try to load beyond what it can deal with and cause a crash/disconnexion. The auto-optimization fonction should be made to ensure that.

starsaul
03-04-2010, 11:58
5 times on day

branka
03-04-2010, 14:07

i can confirm this part in bold .

my great day :
1) 47 minutes of riding from elf lands to human lands i crashed with this issue 1 meter from Monkfield ( before a security bind....) :bang:

2) another 40 minutes of riding from elf lands to human lands i crashed with this issue 2 meter from Sandbrooks ( between Lord Cadaver killing me on the way for bind point) :bang::bang:

no crash when (before and after the 2 trips) i stay around the same area .

p.s. at least i know my record time with horse :D

kozzmozz
03-04-2010, 14:49
Does anyone have when they open DF an update message from windows to update DF? I tried it once but when it eventually said it will install DF i cancelled it, dont want to do all this, since it may cause any trouble or long time offlineness :p
I have it for a week or 2 now.

Corp-Por
03-04-2010, 14:58

Part of the issue by sounds of this then is 32bit OS with 4Gigs that can only see 3gigs of it, this type of errors can happen when software thinks it can address memory the OS can't see, its something along those lines anyway, time get on to win7 64bit, great OS.

starsaul
03-05-2010, 09:30
This is clearly a program error

starsaul
03-05-2010, 09:31
This is clearly a program errornot for your system

Majorleague
03-05-2010, 12:00
it really sucks people are still getting this. i think i've had the error once since the fix has been put in. my game was on from server up to about 3 hours until server down when i got the crash. i've been in some pretty big sieges since then as well and no crash (lag and horrible FPS is another issue though:()

evilsuxxor
03-05-2010, 13:01
i had it on xp 32it but never on vista 64

starsaul
03-05-2010, 17:10
a solution must ago ...fast

foojin
03-05-2010, 22:20
Woodcutting in calf for 10 mins... crash wtf

jonusb
03-08-2010, 07:06
On the one hand,it toronto asian escort (http://www.escortstorontodirectory.com) will make children lack independence and initiative,which is unfavourable to toronto escort (http://www.escortstorontodirectory.com) their development in the long run.On the other hand,in many cases parents' decisions are not toronto asian escorts (http://www.escortstorontodirectory.com) always in accordance with children' personal ideas and interests,this will toronto escorts (http://www.escortstorontodirectory.com) make children form resistence and naturely influence their growth.

Vehementi
03-08-2010, 17:49
By the way AV, this is a recent regression. You had fixed the issue in an earlier patch (around the time of the spear water / bladethorpe sieges on NA1) where we fielded 2 boats and there was a giant zerg in the area (hundreds and hundreds of people) and ZERO people crashed. Now on recent boating adventures people crash left and right again. We crash when approaching city. City people crash when we approach. This is a regression.

foojin
03-11-2010, 00:26
Spotlight!

Kilzen
03-12-2010, 19:58

I think your thinking of thinking 95% of the ppl here have 4gb+ ram is wrong due to the ratio of xp vs non xp. Xp can't use over 3.5 gigs anyhow.

foojin
03-18-2010, 19:08
Spotlight!

and again! besides instagank the most annoying thing i've ever had in a mmo.

Lord Demarest
03-25-2010, 14:26
i hope this will be true and the yfix it.my pc is only 20 days old.system i have is beyond good for every MMO atm and when i had out of virtual adress warning i was really shocked.i was watching the message and didn't have the power to klick ok.if they fix it its ok.but i will not pay another euro in a new pc atm.

Mapi
03-25-2010, 14:42
Good to see this bug is already fixed after 13 months of darkfall

ISVRaDa
03-29-2010, 12:16
This issue should be a priority for AV.

Rigan Pere
03-31-2010, 20:28
Head over to bloodscar seige solo, get into a 1v1 vs some nooby ork, then BOOM, out of vurtual address space and I died >8[

This shit is not even funny, how many times have we heard this has been fixed already? Still the same damn bug that we have had for a WHOLE YEAR!!!

branka
04-09-2010, 13:10
fixed in today 09-04-2010 patch?

katahlyn
04-09-2010, 13:15
fixed in today 09-04-2010 patch?

"Some". Probably not all, but one can only hope.

smackyou
04-09-2010, 13:20
"Some". Probably not all, but one can only hope.

/agree..though being honest i only had it 3 or 4 times in months, ofc its frustrating but you know 4 isn't much :P

HeliosNorlund
04-09-2010, 13:50
it got lot better i agree on the other hand i think the average siege performance decrease

seems whatever the do to evade this client crash is also increase client lag

so i hope soon they also start to improve the combat lag situation

Lord Jenicus
04-09-2010, 14:06
I'm a bit confused I guess, I have heard of this problem a lot yet have never experienced it. I run on XP Home Edition SP3 (32Bit) with 2GB RAM (768MB GEForce 9600GSO). Sometimes even running multiple instances of DF and I have NEVER had this issue... Obviously not running a powerhouse compared to some people, so I dunno, maybe it has more to do with OS?

xerian
04-09-2010, 14:09
maybe it has more to do with OS?

Could be, i used Win7 till recently (RC, buying a copy later) and have had to go back to vista, since i started using vista again, i started to get virtual adress space errors, i never ever did with win7

Jensken
04-09-2010, 14:14
Could be, i used Win7 till recently (RC, buying a copy later) and have had to go back to vista, since i started using vista again, i started to get virtual adress space errors, i never ever did with win7

i had it with vista, and also have it now with windows7.
it only occurs when in very big sieges tho, when most people get less then 20fps and also have this memory error, altough in big sieges i have around 30-40fps, i do get this error.
Couple of days ago i had it just running around Kholesh, out of the blue :) 1st time i had it on this computer, when not in a big siege.

Rekshop
04-09-2010, 14:48
EE;4098522']Perhaps AV should have the game automatically send a error report by checking with the lobby on start up. Having to go do it manually is annoying when it happens numerous times a day.

This

Firzenizer
04-26-2010, 07:45
I find it funny that people were getting this error a year ago. And it seems that some people are still getting it :D

Go. Go. You can fix it! ;)

Kelsen
04-26-2010, 08:14
I find it funny that people were getting this error a year ago. And it seems that some people are still getting it :D

Go. Go. You can fix it! ;)

It is a memory leak error, it can be cause by multiple different reasons. And with each patch it is possible that they introduce more. I am not an expert but I'm pretty sure this is the case.

Spade Spirit
04-26-2010, 08:27
I can't login on my original computer because of it. The GM's and ticket support acted like it was my computer. :lmao:

Reformatted & registry cleaned multiple times, but the errors persist.

Kelsen
04-26-2010, 10:19
I can't login on my original computer because of it. The GM's and ticket support acted like it was my computer. :lmao:

Reformatted & registry cleaned multiple times, but the errors persist.

Reformatting and cleaning the registry does nothing to fix any issues the game may have with your hardware. Or perhaps your ram is just horrible.

pvp4u
04-26-2010, 11:11
I just want to thank AV, I haven't out of virtualed since ... idk, 4-6 months ago when they 'fixed' it.

CSkydt
04-26-2010, 11:21
I have only experienced it once, like a year ago.

Zevy
04-26-2010, 12:08
I just want to thank AV, I haven't out of virtualed since ... idk, 4-6 months ago when they 'fixed' it.

they didnt fixed anything, i still got a crash and then the message yesterday...at the siege in ghanja.

also, i have more lag then ever, probably thanks to the stupidest idea ever...wildlife.

Dangerdave
04-28-2010, 09:31
I wish I didn't have to buy a new comp to play darkfall. barely 2 years old and virtual address makes it so I just give away my loot without getting to fight. Those sons of bitches who run around never getting VOA get so much shit when 20+ VOA while they run around ganking/looting all these people. :(

Suncross
05-25-2010, 18:34
I like that this was fixed :)

Just participated in a siege with more than 200 people on the field (i think), and not one out of virtal.

Grim Creaper
05-25-2010, 18:52
If you're one of the players still getting an error message that reads "Out of virtual address space" please submit a bug report before restarting Darkfall. This will help our programmers to locate and fix whatever is causing this for your specific configuration.

To submit a bug report: Go to your Start Menu (bottom left of your windows taskbar) --> Darkfall --> Report Error

What do you offer in return for beta testing your software?

P.S. Unless the user is running windows 7 with UAC turned off, they cannot tab back into the game to report this issue. Previous versions of Windows do no allow the resume of game play after this error.

Grim Creaper
05-25-2010, 18:58
TBO,

Have the developers take a look at the player entity class creations. The deconstruct method is not working properly. "Out Of Memory" error, happens with either of the two situations.

- You have been playing 6+ Hours without reestarting darkfall once.
- You go to a large seige of 200+ people and it happens within the first 30 minnutes to an hour.

So in summary, when you get the "Player Lag" it's creating the player object class and loading that player into memory. The problem is with the inverse of that action. When the player leaves the zone radius it does not properly clear it from the systems memory. The pointer is nullified, but the actual data in the memory space remains. This of course causes the heap to grow and grow.

The Love Guru
05-25-2010, 19:11
so now you guys are working on solving this error, bravo

raffraff
05-25-2010, 19:13
This thread is two months old with no patch ladies, don't get too excited...

DeManiac
05-25-2010, 19:22
TBO,

Have the developers take a look at the player entity class creations. The deconstruct method is not working properly. "Out Of Memory" error, happens with either of the two situations.

- You go to a large seige of 200+ people and it happens within the first 30 minnutes to an hour.

So in summary, when you get the "Player Lag" it's creating the player object class and loading that player into memory. The problem is with the inverse of that action. When the player leaves the zone radius it does not properly clear it from the systems memory. The pointer is nullified, but the actual data in the memory space remains. This of course causes the heap to grow and grow.

Depends on how their content manager works, it's possible they use Mesh Instancing, for all I know the world wouldn't work without it.
But data as you say with memory allocated to it that's not overwritten once it's scraped, that could be one of the reasons.

Good deduction skill tho, wonder how many people they have when stress testing, I don't think they have 200 people connecting to their test server to try out lag when they move around and leave the perimeter.

Long Duckdong
05-25-2010, 19:28
I like that this was fixed :)

Just participated in a siege with more than 200 people on the field (i think), and not one out of virtal.

I think they just raised the threshold for this happening. I know someone that just had it last night. He was running most defaults, had sound on, and chat windows. Most likely players have tweaked there systems enough to a void this happening. I have excepted that 32 bit is no longer the way to go, the ~4GB limit is a major pain in the ass.

Rekshop
05-25-2010, 19:28
Depends on how their content manager works, it's possible they use Mesh Instancing, for all I know the world wouldn't work without it.
But data as you say with memory allocated to it that's not overwritten once it's scraped, that could be one of the reasons.

Good deduction skill tho, wonder how many people they have when stress testing, I don't think they have 200 people connecting to their test server to try out lag when they move around and leave the perimeter.

Hmm, I just had a great original idea. How about a test server :idea:

/sarcasm off

SEOINAGE
05-25-2010, 20:33
EE;4098579']It happens with 64 bit OS's as well, I have been running 64 bit for a while now. It doesnt happen as often, the GUI bug where the loading screen stays up yet you can move happens more often than the OoVM.

I'm in the same boat as you, and i get the gui loading screen bug every once and a while.

syryel
05-25-2010, 21:26
TBO,

Very well written, sounds exactly right.

I experienced a 50ish vs 50ish seige (Mercs vs DHW) and had only "normal" (playable) lag and no crash. I did reboot my client once, but only after the intense GvG.

Beowulf Wagner
05-25-2010, 23:16
To late Mr White allready left the game since you lack in reacting to ongoing bugs and flaws....

Viare
05-26-2010, 00:49
woot patch notes

Long Duckdong
05-26-2010, 00:53
TBO,

That sounds more like a problem that would surface in C not Java. Java is supposed to self-clean memory. Why they ever did this game in Java is beyond me.

Pureblade
05-26-2010, 01:29
That sounds more like a problem that would surface in C not Java.
C++?

Java is supposed to self-clean memory. Why they ever did this game in Java is beyond me.
The developers probably know Java better (indie-developer, remember), and automatic memory management is a real time saver. You have to watch out for a few pitfalls in this memory management model, but overall it's a step in the right direction for a software development company.

Why would you stay with C(++)?

Grim Creaper
05-26-2010, 03:13
C++?

The developers probably know Java better (indie-developer, remember), and automatic memory management is a real time saver. You have to watch out for a few pitfalls in this memory management model, but overall it's a step in the right direction for a software development company.

Why would you stay with C(++)?

I'm not sure what makes you think this game is written in JAVA. Some features of this game use JAVA, mainly parts of the GUI system. The core of this game is written using C++.

The reason they use C++ as well as many other game developers is simply because C++ is a very powerful and the best langue to make games with. Everyone is spoiled in todays new age developers with the use of .NET.