PDA

View Full Version : Question: Downloading Trial, Anyone feeling helpfull?

illicit87
02-26-2010, 05:28
I was following Darkfall for quite some time many years ago and like many was scared to buy it after I read the horrible reviews but after watching user-made gameplay videos and being starved for something as hardcore as Darkfall is for so long I checked the site again and was excited to see the trial being offered.

I talked a friend into trying it out with me (he is horrible at FPS and is usually a carebear) who I didn't think would be into it but we are both installing the trial.

Enough back story...

Is anyone feeling generous/bored enough to help two newbies into the game by giving us tips/advice on general gameplay, any starting gear (which I heard basic gear is simple to get) following us around and helping us out in general.

I am really excited to get to playing, but I know the learning curve will probably melt my face off at first... for a long time I've wanted a game I could yell at from dying in because it was my fault for not being good enough....not the game's. Maybe I'm sick like that... but isn't everyone else playing the same?

Thanks in advance.

P.S.- We probably won't be "playing" until tomorrow due to the patch time.

Zirconium
02-26-2010, 05:37
Send me a message in game, i only play a few hours a night from 8 ea to around 11-12. /tell lord grizzly

illicit87
02-26-2010, 05:43
Thanks for the speedy reply. There is only one "US" server right? I am patching but there is no indicator as to how much is left... probably going to be awhile since the full game was like 9.5gigs and the torrent was around 7.0 gigs. It's validating all of my files. Will send you a tell in-game though.:)

ReddogTN
02-26-2010, 06:22
Yeah I dont mind helpping you Not sure how much ill be on, But send me a tell Ill anwers any qestion you have Depends where you are rather or not i would run with you or not. First bit is very confussing if you dont understand whats going on. Big thing is nowing how to look out for con's. and greifers. But just send a tell need any advice or what ever. BloodRayne

vanyok
02-26-2010, 07:40
This is not a regular MMO bud.
Getting free gear won't help ya much because you'll loose it even faster than gain it.
But anyway.. send a tell to Ray Pew on NA.. I'll help out with what I can.

illicit87
02-26-2010, 09:01
Yeah, I noticed that! I like how different it is though. I haven't died YET... but am expecting it once my newby protection wears off. The NPCs can be frusterating how I can't seem to get them 1V1 but I understand why... just learned about crouching and moving right before logging out and that seemed to help a little. I already have like 3 other gear sets.. well weapons and a few armor peices in my vault for when I DO die and I have been good about depositing into my vault frequently.

Not sure how big a fan I am of all spells except the first two taking reagents. (Is the Mana Missle or whatever usefull once you train it up?) and I am... well horrible with mellee so far. I press parry and there is a delay so it will take some getting used to but over all pretty darn pleased... Had a guy run up and start whacking away at me but I wasn't taking damage... guess he didnt see my big shiny Halo.

Is it rude to help someone kill a mob when they are fighting 2-3 at once? The guy didn't say anything to me but just kinda ran off...

Ymgarl
02-26-2010, 11:29
Is it rude to help someone kill a mob when they are fighting 2-3 at once? The guy didn't say anything to me but just kinda ran off...

Not really, if someone you don't know is at a spawn, feel free to steal kills, ninja loot, do whatever you like, if he doesn't like it, he will do something about it.

Mimodance
02-26-2010, 12:00
Wish someone would post the same thread, but on EU.
I love helpin out newbs :(

Tiak
02-26-2010, 14:49

It does break spawn-sharing etiquette a bit, yes. If you want to share a spawn with a random stranger but want to play nice with them, the best way to do things is to try to grab your own mobs when they spawn and keep them segregated from his. That said, it's all a matter of personal taste, you can be as polite or impolite as you wish in this game without it being a big deal, but being polite minimizes the chances that once you lose the halo he'll jump in front of your sword, then put his in your skull.

If the ones he grabs end up with end up killing him though, it is still fair game to loot anything good he has though, politeness only extends so far after all....

Squeegee
02-26-2010, 14:53
http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=229815&highlight=accelerated

Watch these videos. They are probably the best guide for new players out there. Of course ask questions in Race Alliance, Race, and Trade chat as well.

Temko Firewing
02-26-2010, 14:53

go to random start town > help.

Squeegee
02-26-2010, 14:56
for a long time I've wanted a game I could yell at from dying in because it was my fault for not being good enough....not the game's. .

I have ragelogged dozens of times because I lost a fight I should have won but somehow fucked it up.

"Welcome to Darkfall"

Fyllhund
02-26-2010, 15:31

But you are just going to do a No , no , no emote :(

Narcowski
02-26-2010, 15:44
If you don't mind asking out of game, I'm willing to field questions via PM.

Also, read this (http://www.eu1.darkfallonline.com/help/).

illicit87
02-26-2010, 17:23
Thread is getting some good feedback! Tried out dwarf but I'm not so sure I like them much. Making a wolf-man. (I can't remember the name)