PDA

View Full Version : Controlling your dreams

nisco17
01-19-2010, 05:38
http://www.divinecaroline.com/22202/65592-six-ways-alter-dreams

Is this really possible? I've had a few lucid dreams, but by the time they became lucid I was only seconds from waking up. I would love to learn how to have good control over my dreams.

[LoD] EE
01-19-2010, 05:44
http://www.divinecaroline.com/22202/65592-six-ways-alter-dreams

Is this really possible? I've had a few lucid dreams, but by the time they became lucid I was only seconds from waking up. I would love to learn how to have good control over my dreams.

Yes, its possible. I lucid dream all the time.

Weird things, in my dreams, I can fly no problem, think about where I want to go and go, easy as can be. Get me into a car in a dream, I cant drive the damned thing. Also, I tend to misplace my car and or it gets stolen a lot in my dreams.

zato`1
01-19-2010, 06:10
sometimes i have dreams that i am driving and forget how to drive my car. the 2nd day i owned my first car, the floor mat got stuck under the clutch pedal and the car stalled, because i couldn't use the clutch. i pulled over to the side of the road and opened my hood in vain because i know i didnt know shit about cars, and that this was going to be disastrous in the end. this would've been fine, except that i was blocking a busy one-way street at 8pm on a saturday night. there was not even a sidewalk to get around me.

hours later, after having several people examine my car and not a single one trying to start it. i tried to start it. my head being a bit clear, i look down at my left foot and think, "oh shit... the pedal isn't coming forward anymore".. so i get on my knees outside the car and look at the pedal to see if i can find anything wrong with it. lo and behold, i see the fucking floor mat is pushed too far up and blocking the pedal stem from coming out any further.

i immediately closed my door and went under the hood, pretended to mess around with something, then got inside and started it. as i drove off, i heard many colorful phrases such as "fucking stupid ass teenager" and "what a piece of shit car!"

needless to say, it wasn't my car, but me. since that day i vowed to learn everything i can about cars.

ANYWHO.

thanks for the venting time, professor darkfall. i wish i could make dreams lucid so i would never have these recurring dreams again.

lol.

Black Thunder
01-19-2010, 06:26
people control their dreams all the time, you just have to learn how.

and its easier for some people than others.

Don Chino
01-19-2010, 10:23
I used to be able to control my dreams all the time, now it happens rarely. I miss it.

88Chaz88
01-19-2010, 11:16
If you used to do this but can't anymore keep a dream diary. Everytime you wake up, jot down your dream right away. You'll start remembering them more, and later start lucid dreaming again.

It works.

Seddoron
01-19-2010, 11:45
I often get and always remember them. What's more awesome, i usually am getting the version of them where your consciousness remains through falling asleep so you can go directly to the lucid dream instead of "waking up" in one.

Just last night i was flying around. Lucid dreams are usually pretty short but you can lengthen them by furiously swearing "this is a dream" in your head, or else your consciousness fades by forgetting it's not reality and you wake up soon.

Gloomrender
01-19-2010, 23:10
This guy might be of help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3GJTkG60X4&feature=related

MattMystrieo
01-19-2010, 23:40
I don't seriously believe anyone can have full control of their dreams, that's just bollocks.

Grisu
01-19-2010, 23:53
This guy might be of help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3GJTkG60X4&feature=related

I knew you were going to link that guy.

Nunz
01-19-2010, 23:55
I don't dream. Yes, I know, everyone dreams. Though I have zero recall ever of my dreams.

DeadlyHit
01-20-2010, 00:20
I don't dream. Yes, I know, everyone dreams. Though I have zero recall ever of my dreams.

You still dream then, you just don't remember it.

Seddoron
01-20-2010, 00:23
I don't seriously believe anyone can have full control of their dreams, that's just bollocks.

Depends on what you mean. It would be awesome if you could actually choose which kind of dream you'll have, not only control the one that already started.

Viluin
01-20-2010, 00:39
Depends on what you mean. It would be awesome if you could actually choose which kind of dream you'll have, not only control the one that already started.

Everyone would just dream about massive orgies with hot women.

Lotharr
01-20-2010, 00:42

Too bad, because your point has been clinically proven to be wrong.

People have went into a lucid dream state while being monitored and told to do different things while asleep. These tasks could include moving your eyes in specific patterns, to specific directions or running within the dream and watching if the heartbeat goes up while the person runs in the dream. The subjects have pretty much always nailed the task.

Apex Vertigo
01-20-2010, 00:47
Everyone would just dream about massive orgies with hot women.

I don't particularly enjoy waking up with jizz all over myself.

Viluin
01-20-2010, 00:51
I don't particularly enjoy waking up with jizz all over myself.

Yeah, you'd much rather be awake to fully experience that shot all over your face.

Kusghuul
01-20-2010, 01:03
Zombies. Always zombies.

Does anyone else feel like they're underwater when they're fighting while dreaming? Can't do jack shit in my dreams which is rather frustrating.

StrawberryClock
01-20-2010, 07:59
Back in my drug-fueled days when I was 14-16, I read about lucid dreaming technique somewhere and decided I should try it and make trippy dreams at night.

I did, and it lasted for two minutes which i controlled and then I woke up scared as fuck.

MattMystrieo
01-20-2010, 18:06
Too bad, because your point has been clinically proven to be wrong.

People have went into a lucid dream state while being monitored and told to do different things while asleep. These tasks could include moving your eyes in specific patterns, to specific directions or running within the dream and watching if the heartbeat goes up while the person runs in the dream. The subjects have pretty much always nailed the task.

Yes when being instructed. That doesn't prove any point. You or me or anybody won't go to bed tonight and decide what they want to dream then control it too the morning.

ZeroCool
01-20-2010, 18:56
Yeah lucid dreaming is fucking sweet when it happens.

You can make it happen every night, you just gotta train yourself in the day by doing reality checks.

What I did to lucid dream for awhile, was write the word "dream" on different places in my room. So i came in contact with them often, and in my dream when i would see the same word, or think it, or hear it, i would immediantly know i was dreaming and become lucid.

Scully
01-20-2010, 22:55
I don't believe in full control either, that would just be to awesome, and I don't think those people would need video games.

Jangang
01-22-2010, 00:01
Looking into astral projection if you are interested in lucid dreaming

zato`1
01-22-2010, 00:35
Zombies. Always zombies.

Does anyone else feel like they're underwater when they're fighting while dreaming? Can't do jack shit in my dreams which is rather frustrating.

this is a pretty standard feeling

you can look it up, its something to do with your natural fear of aggression and combat... the brain will always try to do something pleasing for itself in a rest state and the subconscious doesnt always let that happen so the inability to fight back you're experiencing is that disconnect between wanting to release serotonin and wanting to bash zombie skulls :D

some people experience it differently, but mostly noone has violent dreams like that often as thats usually a sign you're probably going to be a serial killer at some point in your life.

StrawberryClock
01-22-2010, 02:13
this is a pretty standard feeling

you can look it up, its something to do with your natural fear of aggression and combat... the brain will always try to do something pleasing for itself in a rest state and the subconscious doesnt always let that happen so the inability to fight back you're experiencing is that disconnect between wanting to release serotonin and wanting to bash zombie skulls :D

some people experience it differently, but mostly noone has violent dreams like that often as thats usually a sign you're probably going to be a serial killer at some point in your life.

If it isn't the genius who is better then all of his contemporaries at everything.

Weeking
01-22-2010, 05:57
You can get it more often if you try to, wake up many times during the night or have a seizure when asleep. If you had a machine to shock you, certain drugs/poisons or trigger if you have epilepsy, you should be able to have it any time you want I think.

Black Thunder
01-22-2010, 06:00
You can get it more often if you try to, wake up many times during the night or have a seizure when asleep. If you had a machine to shock you, certain drugs/poisons or trigger if you have epilepsy, you should be able to have it any time you want I think.

yeah, waking up at night, as some people can probably attest, puts you far closer to lucid dreaming. note how you remember your dreams after you wake up in the middle of night, and remembering is the first part of making them lucid. i don't really understand the mechanics but it works. :O

Lotharr
01-22-2010, 19:45
You or me or anybody won't go to bed tonight and decide what they want to dream then control it too the morning.

Right and wrong. You can't control the length of the dream, true that. However, some people can profoundly affect the content/environment of the dream and be aware of going into the lucid state before falling asleep.

You should really Google "wake initiated lucid dream".

ZeroCool
01-22-2010, 19:54
Looking into astral projection if you are interested in lucid dreaming

Astral projection is much harder to obtain than lucid dreaming. it only happened to me once but it was fucking mindblowing.

To my knowledge, its only obtainable through sleep paralysis or extremely deep meditation.

Check this video out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gpjJUbPfzY&feature=PlayList&p=54947E8A8C8524FF&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=2

Doesnt really have much to do directly with the topic of astral projection, but it does show the different levels of conciousness you can obtain, plus its very interesting

Jangang
01-22-2010, 20:46
Astral projection is much harder to obtain than lucid dreaming. it only happened to me once but it was fucking mindblowing.

To my knowledge, its only obtainable through sleep paralysis or extremely deep meditation.

Check this video out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gpjJUbPfzY&feature=PlayList&p=54947E8A8C8524FF&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=2

Doesnt really have much to do directly with the topic of astral projection, but it does show the different levels of conciousness you can obtain, plus its very interesting

The information I've read indicated that you start by lucid dreaming. When you've mastered that you move on to some other steps. (Its been years so don't ask for the links) but basically while falling asleep you focus on retaining your consciousness. As you fall asleep you are supposed to hear or feel a loud buzz, which you need to accept and not freak out about. Once that is done you should be able to "step out". Not sure I buy into it, but its interesting stuff to read about nonetheless.