PDA

View Full Version : Led Zeppelin

Surly
07-02-2006, 12:59
Goddamnit, Led Zeppelin kicks ass. I met a guy today that disagreed, and I almost killed him on accident when I shat my pants so hard that it propelled me head first into his jaw.

Anyway, who here doesn't like the Zep?! Come get your beatings.

Viluin
07-02-2006, 13:05
I don't.

Time to put on the kevlar vest!

Surly
07-02-2006, 13:07
I don't.Take it back! Take it back or.... or I won't be your friend anymore!

Spikey
07-02-2006, 13:11
If they had wrote more songs about me they would be better. As it stands they are simply legendary.

Falt
07-02-2006, 13:11
I like Zeppelin, but I love The Beatles...

Some of Zeppelin's later albums were pretty much throwaway's, whereas the Beatles' stuff, (even their first 2 sugary fluff records)... always has some merit to it.

You take into account the sheer # of awesome songs the Beatles recorded... and then put that # into perspective over the period in which the songs WERE recorded... they're the greatest band ever. :cool:

Viluin
07-02-2006, 14:21
Take it back! Take it back or.... or I won't be your friend anymore!

Led Zeppelin sucks donkey balls! hah! :ninja:

Helgeran
07-02-2006, 14:29
Problem with Led Zeppelin is that only parts of their songs are worth listening to, the other parts are just annoying.

Spikey
07-02-2006, 15:57
I'm having stairway to heaven played at my funeral.

Edit: 8 minutes where nobody can do anything but cry.

Viluin
07-02-2006, 16:51
Edit: 8 minutes where nobody can do anything but laugh.

Fixed imo.

Vmax
07-02-2006, 17:00
Or try this band! :D
http://www.dreadzeppelin.com

LZ roxxors tho!

Stark
07-02-2006, 17:11
Fixed imo.

Quiet, rap fiend.

Salazar[SG]
07-02-2006, 20:00
Zep and Beatles are both great

Shadowcreep
07-03-2006, 01:16
Led Zepplin can go suck Commander Warf's ridges.

Crovax
07-03-2006, 01:43
I'm having stairway to heaven played at my funeral.
Watch out, if they play it backwards it will summon EvIl DeMoNs!1!

Lukeh
07-03-2006, 02:32
They both suck.

Jebsta16
07-03-2006, 04:29
i hate all the music of that era, they suck along with the rest of the rock groups of then. 80's metal rulez!

Stark
07-03-2006, 04:30
The 80s was the absolute worst period of music ever. It is known.

jeebs
07-03-2006, 04:38
The counterproof to this statement can be made in three words : The Final Countdown. Doo bee do do, doo bee do do do, doo bee do do, doo bee do do do do doooo do do doooo do do do do do do dooooo do dee doodily dooo, The Final Countdown!:lmao:

Zuku
07-03-2006, 18:10
The counterproof to this statement can be made in three words : The Final Countdown. Doo bee do do, doo bee do do do, doo bee do do, doo bee do do do do doooo do do doooo do do do do do do dooooo do dee doodily dooo, The Final Countdown!:lmao:

I laughed.

Led Zeppelin is directly responsible for squawck rock (aka hair metal). Any good they might have done was outweighed over and over again by their progeny.

G.Struepp
07-03-2006, 18:18
Though Led Zeppelin has a very few great songs i don't consider them as great, they are ok, nothing more. eg i prefer the doors or queen way above led zeppelin...

Amar
07-03-2006, 19:07
I'm sure you guys probably heard this already but if you play a certain part in Stairway to Heaven it's supposed to have satanic messages.

It's pretty sweet

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/stairway.php

Bensidhe
07-04-2006, 00:07
I watched Page and Plant in concert with a new group on the tube the other night . Goddamn, even though the age is telling, the vocals and guitar skills are still there . Anyone can naysay Led Zeppelin, but they're nucking futs to do so . That and I'm sure Surly is compiling a list of names here to hunt down and head butt into oblivion . Can I watch ?:sly:

Viluin
07-04-2006, 00:12
I'm sure you guys probably heard this already but if you play a certain part in Stairway to Heaven it's supposed to have satanic messages.

It's pretty sweet

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/stairway.php

Wow.. Man.. This is one of the best scary-face-pops-up-and-scares-you pranks ever.. cuz there's no scary face! I turned off my sound, backed away from my monitor and closed an eye. :lmao:

Jebsta16
07-04-2006, 03:26

personally id say the 60's and 70's were the worst. a bunch of hippy crap music. those ppl had to be high to make garbage like that.

Stark
07-04-2006, 03:43
Lies, there was tons of great music during that time. Beatles, Zeppelin, King Crimson, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath. I guess I just love hippy crap music.

80s sucked, then the 90s happened which has a lot of my favorite music.

Jebsta16
07-04-2006, 05:13
Lies, there was tons of great music during that time. Beatles, Zeppelin, King Crimson, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath. I guess I just love hippy crap music.

80s sucked, then the 90s happened which has a lot of my favorite music.

i actually prefer alot of the 90's myself. i was being sarcastic when i said 80's metal lol, just wanted to see what ppl would say.

Matriel
07-04-2006, 05:15
Though Led Zeppelin has a very few great songs i don't consider them as great, they are ok, nothing more. eg i prefer the doors or queen way above led zeppelin...

Are you kidding me? You actually prefer droning boring ass I'm gonna die cause I'm too stupid to live Jim Morrison's music over punch you in the face with a flaming brick Led Zeppelin.

losinglife
07-04-2006, 05:21
eh there not greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat but they are good... maybe even very good

Shadowcreep
07-04-2006, 11:58
Learn2Star106.5

rekker
07-04-2006, 13:16
Not a fan of Led Zeppelin... not a fan of rock in general to be honest :S

Jarlaxle[mezzo]
07-04-2006, 13:52
The Doors win. Its true that Jim Morrison had some stupid concerts, but he's also a great artist, can't deny that unfortunately. In terms of music though, The Doors aren't geniuses like Led Zeppelin. I still prefer The Doors because of the lyrics and overall atmosphere.

edit: And Jim Morrison wasn't the one in charge of Doors' music

Mulambo
07-05-2006, 16:47
I think they are very good musically. Pioneers and all that stuff.

I don't really like that kind of singing though, so I don't listen to them much because of that. I feel the same way about Iron Maiden (except that they weren't quite as talented as zepp).

EDIT: Who was Jarlaxle, the blond keyboard guy?

Janosfleet
07-05-2006, 16:53
I dont think ive ever heard a led zepp song, or if i did it didnt make a big impression.

Mulambo
07-05-2006, 17:01
they haven't come out in the middle-east yet, Janos. Somehow, they got Bon Jovi first there.

Janosfleet
07-05-2006, 17:03
what?

id retort, but i have no idea what youre trying to imply.

Mulambo
07-05-2006, 17:13
I mean, where the hell do you live that you haven't ever heard a led zepplin song?

Janosfleet
07-05-2006, 17:15
maybe its because im not old?

untale
07-05-2006, 17:26
What is a Led Zeppeling? Some flying object?

Stark
07-05-2006, 17:49
I dont think ive ever heard a led zepp song, or if i did it didnt make a big impression.

Listen to No Quarter, if you don't want to that's fine, just get out of the thread, scumbag.

AOD_Quin
07-05-2006, 18:14
Led Zepplin is incredible and anyone who says otherwise is a carebear.

Matriel
07-05-2006, 18:16

Oh, age isn't the issue.

stalwart
07-05-2006, 18:18
eh, stfu, surly's right. led zepplin had a very hard time making bad songs.

kashmir? stairway to heaven? black dog? good god...

Matriel
07-05-2006, 18:29
They should have been playing When the Levy Breaks on a continuous loop when Katrina hit NO.

Surly
10-27-2006, 11:36
This is just as true today as it was back then. Bumped for great justice!

Shamoke
10-27-2006, 11:43
They should have been playing When the Levy Breaks on a continuous loop when Katrina hit NO.

No one commented on this? This forum is full of flakes. HAHAH

Thrudgelmir
10-27-2006, 12:09
great comeback there, mate.

oh...and led zeppelin rocks. awesome music.

Amar
10-27-2006, 16:15

"So just what are you trying to say, little man? You don't like Zep?"

- Brock Samson from Venture Bros.

Dude, I am young too and even I know Led Zeppelin kicks ass! And I am a fan of all types of music! I'm not one of those guys that like only classic rock, or punk rock/ grunge whatever it may be.

I like songs from all genres... rap, reggaeton ( I'm half puerto rican ), classic rock, and even though I hate to admit some of those faggy emo songs get stuck in my head from time to time.

Led Zeppelin kicks ass... you telling me you never even heard Stairway to Heaven?

Jezrith
10-27-2006, 17:17
Most of the people who don't like Led Zepplin know jack and shit about music. Most of them have never heard anything but maybe 4 or 5 of their songs. Led Zepplin 2-3, Physical Graffiti and Houses of The Holy are some of the greatest Rock albums ever produced. Period. And no Martha, your taste doesn't matter. Something like this is not subjective. You don't have to like it, but you do have to recognize it.

Of course it's true however, Jimmy Page was the greatest thief of black music ever (way better then Elvis, which BTW; Fuck Elvis! That hack ass bitch. Chuck Berry was the king of R'n'R).

Razel
10-27-2006, 17:18
Goddamnit, Led Zeppelin kicks ass. I met a guy today that disagreed, and I almost killed him on accident when I shat my pants so hard that it propelled me head first into his jaw.

haha good man :D I labled Led as the 'oxydgen thief', just cuz of the way he sounds, but yea he rocks hard :D

Surly
10-27-2006, 17:21
Lynyrd Skynyrd is a cool guy, he eats a lot of mayonaise but that's his only weird quirk really. Oh, and have you met Monty Python? He's a good personal friend of mine.

omnigol
10-27-2006, 18:41
The Ocean and Communication Breakdown are probably the best zepplin songs. There are a few zeppling songs that were made later on, and have a pop/city-music feel to them (which means they are bad songs). Oh yea theres another zepplin song called "friends" and it sounds incredibly evil. Jimmy page is a psychotic satan worshipper, but he knows how to make some awesome folk-music, and some narly evil sounding songs. Battle of ever-more.

You know I was thinking to myself "yea I can understand some people not praising zepplin", but when I think of battle of evermore it's impossible to understand.

Modern music is the worst ever. emo-screamo dipshits who don't even know how to mosh. Or ganster rap. I'm thinking of buying a PS2 so I can play 50 cent's video game (no I'm not buying a PS2, I just find it hilarious to see gansters with video games made after them, it demonstrates the totality of ganster raps shameless profiteering, and the quality of the discerning demographic that eats it up)

And on top of that no one sings now days, remeber pop-punk. Just talking and some slight yelling. Everyone uses pitch correctors and chorus-effects. They sound like fucking robots, or astmatics, most often both. Hell, curt cobain was a damn junkie and he didn't even try to sing aesthetically, and he used alot of chorus-effect on his vocals, but he still had a good voice.

Jangang
10-27-2006, 18:45
They were good for their time. I 'like' them, but I don't really ever listen to them. Its good they were around when they were though, as they most definitely influenced music as a whole.

Surly
10-27-2006, 18:48
Modern music is the worst ever. emo-screamo dipshits who don't even know how to mosh. Or ganster rap. I'm thinking of buying a PS2 so I can play 50 cent's video game (no I'm not buying a PS2, I just find it hilarious to see gansters with video games made after them, it demonstrates the totality of ganster raps shameless profiteering, and the quality of the discerning demographic that eats it up)Didn't you get the memo? Gangster Rap is music's version of WWE Pro Wrestling now.

Jezrith
10-27-2006, 19:00
And on top of that no one sings now days, remeber pop-punk. Just talking and some slight yelling. Everyone uses pitch correctors and chorus-effects. They sound like fucking robots, or astmatics, most often both. Hell, curt cobain was a damn junkie and he didn't even try to sing aesthetically, and he used alot of chorus-effect on his vocals, but he still had a good voice.

I would recomend checking out the vocal of works of Burton C. Bell (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burton_C._Bell), Corey Taylor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corey_Taylor) and Serj Tankian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serj_Tankian). Those mother fuckers sing! All three of them have ranges of vocal dynamics that are just unbelievable.

Xile Firebane
10-27-2006, 19:19
You don't have to like it, but you do have to recognize it.

True, and I do recognize it, but...

The only time I've ever owned a Zepp album was when I signed up for 14 free cd's and they were out of George Michael: Faith.

Seriously though, they were talented and inspired lots of people and whatnot (I understand that), but I don't know if I've ever listened to one of their songs on purpose. A lot of people listen to them because they thinks it gives them rock cred, not because they actually like them.

Norse
10-27-2006, 22:58

Zepp was great but the fact is they were a studio band the four guys you see in pictures and videos are just stage people. That said, the music is argueably the best ever.

Surly
10-27-2006, 23:16
Arguable, by who? Canadians? Those fuckin' Canadians, always up to no good. Or is it the commies? Doesn't matter, neither of them count. Led Zeppelin is A #1.

Stark
10-28-2006, 01:31
Lynyrd Skynyrd is a cool guy, he eats a lot of mayonaise but that's his only weird quirk really. Oh, and have you met Monty Python? He's a good personal friend of mine.

lol

Khumash-Gor
10-28-2006, 01:55
not a fan.

even if they were good it wouldnt matter because they dont let anyone use their music in anything...

jack blakc had to BEG just to use a 5 second clip in school of rock....

Stark
10-28-2006, 02:09
Not true, they denied the director but approved when Jack Black asked. And it was a full song on the soundtrack.

Jebsta16
10-28-2006, 02:29
led zep sucks. but then again i dont really like music thats not pop music from the 80's. holy crap, talk about a break out decade!

Mulambo
10-28-2006, 03:05
I like Zepplin, but they aren't my favorite. Although I have been listening mostly to reggae and digital hardcore lately, i'm self-imposing a strict regimen of misfits, iron maiden, and new misfits until after halloween. And maybe some misfits covers, like metallica and afi or something.

Norse
10-28-2006, 04:52
not a fan.

even if they were good it wouldnt matter because they dont let anyone use their music in anything...

jack blakc had to BEG just to use a 5 second clip in school of rock....

How the hell could them "not letting anyone use their music" make any difference? What a jackass.

Sarmatian
10-28-2006, 04:56
and I almost killed him on accident when I shat my pants so hard that it propelled me head first into his jaw.

haha, Surly comes up with the most original stuff to say. Not being sarcastic this time either.

MaxTheDwarf
10-28-2006, 05:40
Zepp was great but the fact is they were a studio band the four guys you see in pictures and videos are just stage people. That said, the music is argueably the best ever.
You have to be kidding. One of the main reasons they made it big was not just because of their awesome song wirtting, and raw talent, but because of their live shows. Led Zep is one of the most talented bands ever. Most people always think Jimmy Page's guitar styling first, and then Robert Plants Vocals. Most people forget about how awesome John Bohnam was, and that John Paul Jones rocked as well. It blows me away to hear a fucking organ solo in their first album.

By the way, i'm pretty sure Jimmy Page holds all the rights to the Zep songs. To use one of their songs you have to pay quite a bit of money.

stalwart
10-28-2006, 09:19

i've been saying this for 20 years.

every single song they've ever made is given to them by god.

Norse
10-28-2006, 19:54
You have to be kidding. One of the main reasons they made it big was not just because of their awesome song wirtting, and raw talent, but because of their live shows. Led Zep is one of the most talented bands ever. Most people always think Jimmy Page's guitar styling first, and then Robert Plants Vocals. Most people forget about how awesome John Bohnam was, and that John Paul Jones rocked as well. It blows me away to hear a fucking organ solo in their first album.

By the way, i'm pretty sure Jimmy Page holds all the rights to the Zep songs. To use one of their songs you have to pay quite a bit of money.

Yes the song writing was amazing but Page, Plant, Jones, and Bohnam did not write or record it in the studio. The performers most people know as Led Zeppelin are nothing more than stage presence. I know its hard to grasp when you have been a fan for so long but the facts are what they are.

Surly
10-28-2006, 20:05
Yes the song writing was amazing but Page, Plant, Jones, and Bohnam did not write or record it in the studio. The performers most people know as Led Zeppelin are nothing more than stage presence. I know its hard to grasp when you have been a fan for so long but the facts are what they are.Well, the fake led zeppelin was a great cover band ;)

Doesn't matter though, their songs are the best ever.

Norse
10-28-2006, 20:09
Well, the fake led zeppelin was a great cover band ;)

Doesn't matter though, their songs are the best ever.

Tough to call Led, or Back Street Boys. Very close in comparison.

Surly
10-28-2006, 20:16
Don't they lip sync at concerts? I thought Led Zeppelin's stage band actually played shit.

Jezrith
10-28-2006, 20:32
Yes the song writing was amazing but Page, Plant, Jones, and Bohnam did not write or record it in the studio. The performers most people know as Led Zeppelin are nothing more than stage presence. I know its hard to grasp when you have been a fan for so long but the facts are what they are.

And the facts are you are full of bullshit, unless you can actually prove your not full of bullshit. I wouldn't hold my breath for that.

omnigol
10-28-2006, 20:47

Give me a break. How about robert plant singing battle of evermore for MTV unplugged. You can tell his voice has aged. You're going to tell me the secret-real zepplin band is still hidden away in a cave being fed genetically atlered fruits, and controlled exposure to sunlight.

MaxTheDwarf
10-28-2006, 21:42
Someone already mentioned the unplugged concert they gave, and so I'm going to throw in Robert Plant's newest album Mighty Rearranger. How could the stage band, and the behind the scenes band sound the same?

Norse
10-28-2006, 21:53
Someone already mentioned the unplugged concert they gave, and so I'm going to throw in Robert Plant's newest album Mighty Rearranger. How could the stage band, and the behind the scenes band sound the same?

Surly starts a thread dareing people to get him all riled up. Ironic how Surly himself handles the bullshit more cool headed and mature than everyone else. Ofcourse what i posted was untrue. -3 Surly points to all but Surly.

omnigol
10-28-2006, 23:11
Surly starts a thread dareing people to get him all riled up. Ironic how Surly himself handles the bullshit more cool headed and mature than everyone else. Ofcourse what i posted was untrue. -3 Surly points to all but Surly.

well I don't know you. Besides we have untale on these boards professing the holocaust didn't happen; you can't fault me for suspecting you're as dumb as untale.

Surly
10-28-2006, 23:16
untale was a weird, weird guy. I don't think I've ever seen a dumber poster. I put him on my ignore list after he started his 3rd thread, and thank the fuck christ he's gone now.

Norse
10-29-2006, 00:09
well I don't know you. Besides we have untale on these boards professing the holocaust didn't happen; you can't fault me for suspecting you're as dumb as untale.

Cry me a river bitchmade.

omnigol
10-29-2006, 00:30
Cry me a river bitchmade.

I tell you why no one can assume you are not a complete dipshit, and you respond by showing me that you are a dipshit. At least it is explicit.

Stark
10-29-2006, 02:16
Yeah, Norse is pretty dumb. He probably truly believed that there was a secret Led Zeppelin studio band and then when he researched it found out it wasn't true and had to cover his tracks.

Norse is dumb.

Zuku
10-29-2006, 11:34
Led Zeppelin spawned screech metal. For that alone they deserve scorn. That and the fact that I had to listen to all their songs 1000 times each growing up so I don't ever need to hear any of it ever again.

Killuminati
10-29-2006, 14:58
I love Led zeppelin but I LOVE nirvana more. :D

Surly
03-07-2007, 11:21
Once again, I must iterate. Led Zeppelin rules.

vlc
03-07-2007, 13:12
Hell yea, led zep rules - no quarter, since i've been loving you (the live one in madison square garden), Dazed and Confused anyone? Fuckin geniuses - makes me all "Damnit why didnt i think of it" ^^.

Matriel
03-07-2007, 14:04
Yeah, a necro worth reading!

Vinny
03-19-2007, 00:48
Zeppelin FTW! Hell yeah they kick ass! Yeah I realize the thread is old but.. dude!!! Led Zeppelin!

Crovax
03-19-2007, 00:59
Once again, I must iterate. Led Zeppelin rules.
Fuck you man, Fuck you.

Surly
03-19-2007, 01:25
Fuck you man, Fuck you.Hey, I didn't necrobump it this time. But as it happens, I'm listening to Zeppelin right now... so I think it's the result of destiny.

Yuengling.OoB
03-19-2007, 01:28
/inspect "Vinny"

"He is an apprentice necromancer."

tarsus
03-19-2007, 01:42
Heh, funny. I'm messing around with my bass and played what is and what should never be just a while ago.

Renithir
03-19-2007, 02:00
This thread is quickly on it's way to becoming an Oliver Cromwell award winner. Just a couple more times...

Surly
03-19-2007, 02:33
This thread is quickly on it's way to becoming an Oliver Cromwell award winner. Just a couple more times...lol that's funny. I don't give you enough credit for being clever.

FraBaktos
03-19-2007, 04:42
ZEPPELIN OWNS!

Does anything more need to be said? ...

Vinny
03-19-2007, 20:54
/inspect "Vinny"

"He is an apprentice necromancer."

I don't get it.. lol

Surly
03-19-2007, 21:01
I don't know what game you could /inspect people, but in UO forensic evaluation, evaluate intelligence, and anatomy were skills that did something like that.

Rotten_Pieces
03-19-2007, 21:04
Zeppelin rocks but im a bigger Doors fan...The Lizard King Ftw!!!

Angry-Khan
03-19-2007, 21:09
Squeeze my lemon till the juice runs down my leg :D

Brilliant
03-19-2007, 21:11
I don't know what game you could /inspect people, but in UO forensic evaluation, evaluate intelligence, and anatomy were skills that did something like that.

You could /inspect people in Vanguard. And I remember these Huge games I played when I was younger where you /inspect and /search on everything to figure out what it was for.

And he's calling you a necromancer, Vinny, because you brought a post back from the dead. :p

Vinny
03-19-2007, 21:32
And he's calling you a necromancer, Vinny, because you brought a post back from the dead. :p

Oh, sorry, I found it in the search and I just had to say something.
Led Zeppelin dude!!!! lol

Surly
03-19-2007, 21:44
Led Zeppelin rules!

Yuengling.OoB
03-19-2007, 21:45
Yeah, I was probably inspired by a combination of UO and King's Quest/Hero's Quest/Space Quest-esque games.

Tigerpump_Tom
03-19-2007, 21:46
Led Zeppelin are satanists!1 If you take a hammer and whack their vinyls you can clearly hear satan crying in the back of your head!

Surly
03-19-2007, 21:47
Led Zeppelin is satanist!!!!!!1
Pagans, there's a difference!

Tigerpump_Tom
03-19-2007, 21:49
Pagans, there's a difference!

Tie me to your headboard!1

Tigerpump_Tom
03-19-2007, 21:54
Proof! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/stairway.php

Jesus I choose you! http://koti.phnet.fi/bast/pokemon/ashpic5.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/xfrostdogx/raptorjesus.jpg

Killuminati
03-19-2007, 23:42
Lolz who necros crappy threads like these

Atnas
03-19-2007, 23:45
Pfft, Slagsm

Vanno
03-20-2007, 00:32
Trampled Underfoot and Immigrant Song definitely get me pumped, and want to smash faces.

Aragoni
03-20-2007, 00:40
[QUOTE=Atnas;750487]Pfft, Slagsm

CTI259
03-20-2007, 01:14
Led Zeppelin sucks donkey balls! hah! :ninja:
Have to agree with you there.

Atnas
03-20-2007, 08:17
Never actually heard them =/ Never found a CD-store that sells their albums.

Led Zeppelin is great.

CDON.com has some of their albums I think, but I think an easier way would be to uh, download it? LEGALLY OF COURSE!

Surly
03-20-2007, 15:00
Go start a Slagsmalsklubben thread then.

Tigerpump_Tom
03-20-2007, 15:05
Slagsm

Surly
03-20-2007, 16:25
That's what I said, slagsmalsklubben.

Surly
08-11-2008, 09:36
I agree with the OP.

BlackVolgan
08-11-2008, 09:39
havn't really gave all their songs a good listen.. i like stairway to heaven.

i stumbled across a site showing all the songs that zepplin ripped off from older classics. Thought it was rather interesting.

Surly
08-11-2008, 09:41
havn't really gave all their songs a good listen.. i like stairway to heaven.

i stumbled across a site showing all the songs that zepplin ripped off from older classics. Thought it was rather interesting.
Links plz.

Rhasta
08-11-2008, 09:41
Led zeppelin is rock'n'roll not some nu-metal pos.

heroshade
08-11-2008, 09:42
I was going to say how awesome Freebird was, but I realized that wasn't Led Zepplin lol.

BlackVolgan
08-11-2008, 09:48
Links plz.

well just google it,

here's a vid i found of it http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=HjPAEPFaxoM

and here's a blog.. http://therecord.blogs.com/blogovich/2007/09/led-zeppelin-as.html

some call Led Zeppelin the greatest cover band ever :lmao:

plz dont hurt me surly

Reikson
08-11-2008, 09:54
if I have never knowingly heard a Led Zeppelin song am I gay?

Hemlawk
08-11-2008, 09:55
They were great, but thier time has passed. Its good to listen to once and a while but I couldnt listen to LZ every day. I need metal! ;D

Surly
08-11-2008, 10:41
They were great, but thier time has passed. Its good to listen to once and a while but I couldnt listen to LZ every day. I need metal! ;DI'm going to be an old motherfucker shaking a cane at kids on my lawn playing their weird techno-rap garbage and telling them about the days when Led Zeppelin were still alive, and that if they still were they wouldn't cotton to this new-fangled crap!

well just google it,

here's a vid i found of it http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=HjPAEPFaxoM

and here's a blog.. http://therecord.blogs.com/blogovich/2007/09/led-zeppelin-as.html

some call Led Zeppelin the greatest cover band ever :lmao:

plz dont hurt me surly
Hell, I like Weird Al too, no reason to hate for parodies. Just never heard this.

Hmm, just listened to the video and didn't hear the resemblance in most of them but after listening to the full songs back to back there's a couple of rip offs in there. I think most of it's pretty heavily exaggerated though, and Dazed and Confused is the only really strong case for a rip off, but apparently Page ripped it off from a band he was a member of... so meh. I remain unphased. Then again, I wouldn't care if they were a bunch of hacks anyhow.

Scully
08-11-2008, 10:45
I like Stairway to Heaven, is that good enough?

Hotreb
08-11-2008, 11:07
After last reunion, ther were rumors around a world tour. Any news?

Everto
08-11-2008, 11:09

Surly, you just made me laugh so hard that I've realized my love for LZ has brought us closer together.

Barbarossa
08-11-2008, 12:45
Now how could you claim to be such a great LedHead and not know Zeppelin ripped off a few old blues artists outright? :ohno:

Also, way to go...necroing your own 2 year old post, brilliant! :sly:

Fro
08-11-2008, 12:49

There not that great stairway to heaven is a bag of shit. Decent band all the same just not my favourite.

Shamoke
08-11-2008, 13:08

From helicopters which were not saving people.

Also the immigrant song is rad.

Scully
08-11-2008, 13:08
Oh this thread is 2 years old? Wtf.

Shamoke
08-11-2008, 13:11
Oh this thread is 2 years old? Wtf.

I am confused by the passing of time as well. FUCK NUTS I have to clip my nails again? What is this bullshit!

Red Fire
08-11-2008, 13:11

edit: nvm, who brought this thread back to life?