PDA

View Full Version : Can't Purchase Game-Error Code 901

wolfsniper
01-03-2010, 04:11
I apologize for not posting this on the Tech Support Forum but I can't purchase the game which means I can't have a subscriber account, thus I can't post on that particular forum.

Anyways...

I'm using a prepaid visa gift card with $50 on it. Every time I enter in my code it gives me this 901 error, saying something about a transaction charge error.

My information is correct. I'm just wondering if the game is charging me for tax or something.

I noticed that it says that I get the full game, free 30 days of play time, and it says that it is 1 month recurring meaning that It would automatically charge me after my 30 days of free time are up.

I believe that the 1 month recurring is the thing messing me up. Do they want to make sure my card has enough money for the game and the 1 month recurring? If so, is there a way to purchase the game without having a 1 month recurring attached to it? I know that I can disable it once I have a full account but I just want to disable so I can buy the damn game.

If anyone knows a fix to this please help.

PS: PayPal and true credit cards are out of the question. Prepaid cards are my only hope >< I want to play this game so badly!

Archetype90
01-03-2010, 05:08
Deleted.

IcyFlame
01-03-2010, 05:19
It should not charge you for a month of gameplay unless you choose to pay for it. When you buy the game you get 30 days free. After those 30 days you need to enter a credit card, and buy more play time.

unfortunatly you need to either do paypal or a valid credit/debit card details in order to buy the game due to the recurring. prepaid wont work because they only can be charged so much (regardless of how much might be on the card).

Archetype90
01-03-2010, 05:21
unfortunatly you need to either do paypal or a valid credit/debit card details in order to buy the game due to the recurring. prepaid wont work because they only can be charged so much (regardless of how much might be on the card).

Fascinating, my mistake. Deleting original post.

wolfsniper
01-03-2010, 05:33
Agh :( Ok then. That's pretty messed up they do it this way.

ZNICK
01-03-2010, 05:56
If you can toss another $39 on that card and buy the $89 special for 6 months, I think it would work. I'm not positive, but there's a choice when you do it that way to pay for 6 moths at a time, then you have to "re-up" every 6 months.

I'd check with support, but I think that may solve your problem...

Z