PDA

View Full Version : NPC Mercenaries

Aegon
12-08-2009, 09:05
Hey I am wondering, does this game allow you to hire NPC mercenaries at a high price to help you protect towns you own in your clans downtime and such?

That would be great if it was possible.

Like hiring mercenary guards to protect towns you conquer. And each one takes about 5% of the money the town generates as their payment. So if you hire 20 of them you'll have good protection but they'll take 100% of the towns money. You could hire more but it'd come out of your clan's money reserve or whatever they have here.

I would love this game if it had NPC mercenaries for the rich players

Perhaps you could have multiple options, like "Sucky Mercenary Pay = 2% of Towns generated money". "Decent mercenary = 5%", "Uber Mercenary = 10%"

They would serve more purpose than just town protection as well, you could have them in your group and just pay them like 100 gold a day (Or whatever is a medium amount of gold, I don't know if 100 is a lot or small)

And other purposes...

It would really help add depth to creating your own government, which is kinda what I would want to do

screw loose
12-08-2009, 12:30
Or you can just pay a player mercenary to do more these things.

Aerias
12-08-2009, 12:38
Or you can just pay a player mercenary to do more these things.

I was thinking about this the other day but why would anyone want to be hired when they could just do the trade mission themselves, and how is it profitable for someone to hire someone else when the rewards are fixed.

The expansion is just riddled with flaws and I'm actually really disappointed.

vodnik
12-09-2009, 09:17
You can build towers in player cities that shoot at your enemies and do what you are requesting.

GuthwulfBloodax
12-09-2009, 15:20
It was one of the many original promised features that got axed pre launch, anyone was meant to be able to hire npcs to go out hunting with / for them....

Infact as I recall the world was populated with npc`s that actually "lived" wandering around going about their daily task, hunting mobs gathering wood etc, infact in interviews Im sure I remember Tasos sayinf how the npc AI was so good they actually had them testing out features of the game!

Explains a lot really doesnt it :sly:

journey01
12-09-2009, 15:35
There are mercenary guilds around. I think they like to be hired because they want to focus more on PvP. Plus I think they like the philosophy of being mercenaries rather than merchants or traders. It's kinda cool actually.