PDA

View Full Version : eu1 dead? im new..

moosenoir
12-07-2009, 13:36
lol. i just read alot of posts on the forum regarding population.

It sounds like the eu server (like im going to play on) is completely dead? wtf that 90% of the areas is empty and no wars going on etc.

DONT flame me! im just saying what i read, and if this is true, i dont think im going to buy it since i love... population.

is it true? should i start on na eventhough im from eu?

Agrikola
12-07-2009, 13:37

It sounds like the eu server (like im going to play on) is completely dead? wtf that 90% of the areas is empty and no wars going on etc.

DONT flame me! im just saying what i read, and if this is true, i dont think im going to buy it since i love... population.

No, it's not true.

Agon is a large open seamless world with plenty of open areas but the server has plenty going on.

grytkungen
12-07-2009, 13:37
yesterday i had action 24/7 wherever i went. One fun episode at Hintenfau with three different groups engaging.

Banka plixz
12-07-2009, 13:41
yesterday i had action 24/7 wherever i went. One fun episode at Hintenfau with three different groups engaging.

:(

Alexious
12-07-2009, 13:41
No, it's not true.

Agon is a large open seamless world with plenty of open areas but the server has plenty going on.

What he said.

Drago Palmas
12-07-2009, 13:45

Simple Solution, dont listen to US players.
They are on a crusade against the EU server since several month.
According to every poll that was done EU has more population then NA Server, just less people bitching about the other one.

Zionburns
12-07-2009, 13:49
According to every poll that was done EU has more population then NA Server, just less people bitching about the other one.

/this

The NA players are flailing in desperation to be the best server, as their player skill < eu players they server crusade

alako
12-07-2009, 13:51
well i recently resubbed to the game after quitting from waiting for devs to improve the game like 7 weeks after launch, but ye i noticed it also, was on during prime time all way up to around 3am, all I mainly saw was about 9 people total in:

Mirdain Capital
Goblin Spots
Ork Spots
Mirrorsea

but when asking in race alliance about it, they said it is quite dead yes but hopefully when boxed version is released the game will populate and that most players are in guild cities. lol.

theubner
12-07-2009, 13:51
Also: Even if the US-players are not trolling and have tested the EU-server it is obvious that their main-playtime is not the same as the EU-main-playtime. So being a US-player on EU-server may actually be quiet - but that's because we are already sleeping when they want to get ganked.

Drago Palmas
12-07-2009, 14:00
all I mainly saw was about 9 people total in:

Mirdain Capital
Goblin Spots
Ork Spots
Mirrorsea

but when asking in race alliance about it, they said it is quite dead yes but hopefully when boxed version is released the game will populate and that most players are in guild cities. lol.

My dear,

the server is 11 month old, its clear that only beginners with a few days xperience hang around in Starter Cities, Goblin/Orc Spots. Most of us have left these areas since a long time. But thats good for you new players.

Join some clan, live from a player city, and you will have lots of action if you didnt choose Cairn.

The sea is big and I wouldnt be surprised not to meet anyone on the sea. If I go swimming in the Ocean I dont meet people neither.

Race Alliance is at least for Alfars mostly like Barrens chat. The same very vocal people over and over. If I didn´t stay in the city I didn´t have 15 min on weekend without meeting or fighting someone.
In my opinion the population was indeed bad some month ago but its actually good again.

Damokles
12-07-2009, 14:02

Na population is good. Even at EU main times NA seems to be more alive. pingwise i went from 20ms to 170-190ms and i dont feel a real difference, so I recommend every EU player, who is bored on EU1 to swith to NA1 there. Only for skilling up EU1 is better, since you can farm for hours without getting disturbed.

Swing
12-07-2009, 14:02
Yssam had a helluva lot of people on last night pvping.

alako
12-07-2009, 14:03
though, the sad thing is i saw more people in mirrorsea town than the mirdain capitals...

I'll eventually join a clan though, want to get my head around the keys again before doing so.

Guess i'll just have to either travel the map or find a clan then lol

Zionburns
12-07-2009, 14:07
Na population is good. Even at EU main times NA seems to be more alive. pingwise i went from 20ms to 170-190ms and i dont feel a real difference, so I recommend every EU player, who is bored on EU1 to swith to NA1 there. Only for skilling up EU1 is better, since you can farm for hours without getting disturbed.

lol someone couldnt survive on EU1. go play with your scrubs.

KDSAB
12-07-2009, 14:08
Starter area's may seem empty, because they don't serve much of a purpose without being policed. New starters quickly find themselves victimised by hanging around there so they join clans and move off quickly to their respective turf.

EU1 is far from dead. I get PVP whenever I want it, and more often than not on the rare occasion I DON'T want it, it arrives on my doorstep anyway.

No one but bottomfeeders (hey ginger ;)) will go raiding starter cities, so you won't get the activity that the rest of us get.

With regards to NA1 VS EU1 discussions - they've been done do death. But I would hope that the following says more than the individual posters do:

NA1 players posting on it seem to want to convince EU players to come to their server.

Whereas I've not read a single EU player going out touting for EU players on NA1 to 'come home' without the fishing being provoked by the usual NA1 propagandists.

Buy the game, join a clan, and enjoy the best MMO in recent history.

Abremalist
12-07-2009, 14:13
It depends on when you play.

And of course starter areas are not filled with players, all gankers goes there for easy kills - so most newbs with some ability to read escapes into the clutches of a guild where they get free stuff, can get high-quality crafting done for material cost and generally learn things faster.

My guild is newbie-friendly btw. ;)

Its true that the action moves depending on flavor, but in some places and some areas you get PvP action in 30 seconds if you step outside the city walls. And every two hours if you stay inside.

The people that wants you to play on NA will scream 'EU is dead'... that is the way of the world.

Drago Palmas
12-07-2009, 14:13

This is an example. All the unemployed trolls of NA that cant even afford a subscription still post their opinions all over the forums.
You have to check the EU1 or NA1 tag below their names.

Its simple, dont believe anything that comes from an NA player.
They are desperate.

moosenoir
12-07-2009, 14:25
ok i get it ty. what a gay troll :/ if only you could see how many posts ppl had.

So can anyone give me a guild name, a person that i should contact (on eu) if i want to join a newb friendly clan?

Think im going to buy the game today with my mate

KDSAB
12-07-2009, 14:29
Torinar Blackhammer runs a clan called NEW out of hammerdale in the Human lands near to the starter cities. He'd be my first port of call as a new player, his clan is geared specifically to helping guys starting out. Other clans take new players but I dare say that they couldn't compete with the support offered by a clan who's mandate and reason for existing is to keep newbies subbed.

Liquid20
12-07-2009, 14:46
What KDSAB said, i'd join NEW if i were you.

Drago Palmas
12-07-2009, 14:48
ok i get it ty. what a gay troll :/ if only you could see how many posts ppl had.

So can anyone give me a guild name, a person that i should contact (on eu) if i want to join a newb friendly clan?

Think im going to buy the game today with my mate

NEW as the poster above, also The Crimson Uprising, New hope.. there is many newbie friendly clans.
I would check the EU Recruitment Forum.
Make sure you buy the game, then you can affiliate your friend and he gets 10 € discount.

Haizen
12-07-2009, 15:20
My dear,

the server is 11 month old, its clear that only beginners with a few days xperience hang around in Starter Cities, Goblin/Orc Spots. Most of us have left these areas since a long time. But thats good for you new players.

Join some clan, live from a player city, and you will have lots of action if you didnt choose Cairn.

The sea is big and I wouldnt be surprised not to meet anyone on the sea. If I go swimming in the Ocean I dont meet people neither.

Race Alliance is at least for Alfars mostly like Barrens chat. The same very vocal people over and over. If I didn´t stay in the city I didn´t have 15 min on weekend without meeting or fighting someone.
In my opinion the population was indeed bad some month ago but its actually good again.

Agree , just in first month a lot of ppls in initial citys , u need join in a clan , new players can choice one clan NA its same thing , just less that 10 in initial citys

Btw Darkfall have a very big map and a lot of player citys and hamlets

xzxDJxzx
12-07-2009, 15:24
I switched from the EU server to the NA and i have found NA server is so full of players you struggle to find an empty pve spot.

Its full! i love it!

journey01
12-07-2009, 15:32
Yah, I feel like I'm seeing an influx of new players these last couple of weeks. It's a good sign that the game is improving.

Drago Palmas
12-07-2009, 15:35
Short list of Trolls that should not be taken serious by New Players:
NA Avocates:
xzxDJxzx, Jcatano, Dragoon
Trolls 4 Live:
Ginger Magician

KuraM
12-07-2009, 15:41
This is an example. All the unemployed trolls of NA that cant even afford a subscription still post their opinions all over the forums.

They are desperate.

Not entirely true. I just xfered from EU to NA, and TBH i haven't had time to go out and pvp since ive been farming for gear for a day or so, but heres what i noticed:

I joined a small clan with my friend, about 7 people in total now, and we are allied with another small clan about the same size, and weve done more stuff as a clan in the 2 days ive been with em then i did in a month or 2 in EU. It could be the different zone, or the smaller clan, but its alot more fun atm.

Just my 2 cents, i dont care about stealing EU players.

Akatsuki#1
12-07-2009, 15:45

Had a village fight yesterday with 4 different parties involved. :D

Drago Palmas
12-07-2009, 15:48
Not entirely true. I just xfered from EU to NA, and TBH i haven't had time to go out and pvp since ive been farming for gear for a day or so, but heres what i noticed:

I joined a small clan with my friend, about 7 people in total now, and we are allied with another small clan about the same size, and weve done more stuff as a clan in the 2 days ive been with em then i did in a month or 2 in EU. It could be the different zone, or the smaller clan, but its alot more fun atm.

Just my 2 cents, i dont care about stealing EU players.

Yeah Man no problem you are welcome to enjoy the NA Server and I wish you most fun possible.

But the dude I quoted wasnt even a player, he was just ranting without any knowledge. There is people that rant and there is other ones that try to be honest. Look at Haizens or your Post, and at that Damokles Dude.. You can spot the difference easily.

lucifon
12-07-2009, 15:50
Definitely not true. I imagine the expansion has caused an influx of returning/new players also, or at least will do over the coming days. I'm new to the game but so far the population seems perfectly fine, run into quite a few people on my travels. When I login I always come across players.

vodnik
12-07-2009, 15:51
Most of the players have moved out of the starter areas and into their guild cities.

Mallet the Ork
12-07-2009, 15:57
I started last week playing Darkfall on the EU servers, here are my observations.

I only saw a few people near the starting area (which was good, way to new to do any effective PvP)

But as soon as I joined a clan things started to liven up.

We did some group PvE and intercepted a lone mirdain and took him out.

Upon returning to our city a group of people (around 6) attacked our city.

Pretty fun stuff and I've seen plenty of people running around the city (allied clans coming to visit and such)

And all of this took place in maybe 5% of Agon.

In my opinion, EU server is filled enough to have fun without getting your corpse looted everytime you die.

TenLoves
12-07-2009, 15:58
I had shitloads of actions yesterday. I got killed 3 times where i would normally die in PvP once in a few days or once a day if im unlucky. Talking about EU-1 btw, there is shittons of people all over the place especially since the expansion.

KuraM
12-07-2009, 18:42
I still havea problem with clan cities towers, or even in hamlets, it just rubs me the wrong way. Starter and capital cities have enough protection that way, a clan city should be defended by its population, not by how fast they can farm up to a tower. A positive trade off should be the access of specialized vendors that normal npc cities shouldnt have (such as specialized elemental, crafting masteries, etc). Perhaps even discounted stuff in normal stores

Neoptolemus
12-07-2009, 18:46
I still havea problem with clan cities towers, or even in hamlets, it just rubs me the wrong way. Starter and capital cities have enough protection that way, a clan city should be defended by its population, not by how fast they can farm up to a tower. A positive trade off should be the access of specialized vendors that normal npc cities shouldnt have (such as specialized elemental, crafting masteries, etc). Perhaps even discounted stuff in normal stores

Then everyone will start doing 3am wars when their enemy is few in numbers, then we'll all switch so we sleep during the day and play at night then we all lose our jobs and can't afford to play anymore

demmo
12-07-2009, 18:49
I just came from server ( another patch :( )
And I would like to say, EU1 has enough population, I saw people everywhere, even in the starting grounds of Orc. :)
Don't listen to jibberish, the best way is to find out yourself, I thought long and hard, if I will buy it, today I did, and I am VERY VERY satisfied.

DirtyharryUK
12-07-2009, 18:51
I re-sub 2 weels ago.. EU1 is fine.. its greate even.. there is enough people, sure some citys are pritty empty but thats coz of all the new content.. there is little reason to stay in the starter towns once ur in a big guild / alliance.

Join and enjoy.. but always be on ur gard there are still pussy ass reds killing noobs at the goblin spawns for fun (since no greate loots).

Zeraphine
12-07-2009, 18:54
Its simple:

EU against US

or

European against Americans :)

This "war" is for kids, mature players dont listen to both and play on his home server for better pings (you play a pvp game and pings must be low for this!!!) so when you are from EU, play on EU, when from US, play on NA ^^

Damokles
12-07-2009, 19:01

They are desperate.

If you would have read my post you would have seen that i went from 20ms to 170-190ms ping. 20ms means I am a Euro. I was even extremely close to the servers, so I tried to stay as long as possible. What I can say as a Euro is, that ping does not matter really. All you need is some adjustment with your aim.

And population wise: I was able to play at all different times, because my job (yeah your read right, i am not unemployed) makes it possible to choose when I can work or make a break. The population is fine at EU evening times and on weekends. But during the week it is dead. Of course all those 'big guys' on EU try to flame everyone who posts something different, because they are afraid to loose more players on their server.
If you can only play EU evening times, it might be better to stay on EU, even if I havent felt a huge difference population wise between the servers at that time. But next to that main EU evening time, NA got way more players. There are serveral EU players on NA now. I havent seen one EU player who regreted to switch. That is a fact.

Rowkilla
12-07-2009, 19:04
I must say I have found A LOT more people at wolf starter cities now than 2 weeks ago, constantly see people harvesting/at banks.

SeverinCompte
12-07-2009, 19:05

We all know this is definitely not true.

Damokles
12-07-2009, 19:06
play on his home server for better pings (you play a pvp game and pings must be low for this!!!)

That is not true. Try it out. It is not a First Person shooter where headshots count. I was afraid of the change in my ping. (As I stated before already, it went from 20ms to 170-190ms). Of course you have to adjust to that small change, but once you have, you dont feel any difference. If you havent tried out to fight on both servers to actually see how small the difference is you cannot really tell if there is one.
But if you got a bad connection or are in the far east of Europe and get a lowest ping of 250ms than you should remain on EU. 250ms and higher seems to be the border where the game acts odd. But below that, all is fine, and since i am from central europe, usually people in west europe will get even better pings than 170ms (i know of some brits get like 160ms).

Gortha
12-07-2009, 19:06
We got 3 returning clanmates the last 7 days,
also 5 new players.

stingerII
12-07-2009, 19:10
definitely not dead. Buzzing more like it

But Agon is pretty big so it never gets claustrophobic :P
Always room for more players ofc

Romeo_Montague
12-07-2009, 19:10

That is 100% wrong.
There was even a post a few weeks after NA transfers opened, where they stated that US had about 15% more people then EU and this was only a few weeks after NA transfers started.

Now a days I would believe that NA has at least 50% more population.

Gortha
12-07-2009, 19:12
That is 100% wrong.
There was even a post a few weeks after NA transfers opened, where they stated that US had about 15% more people then EU and this was only a few weeks after NA transfers started.

lol, where? :lmao:

grytkungen
12-07-2009, 19:13
That is 100% wrong.

The only number we can give for certainty is that you are 100% full of shit.

princereaper
12-07-2009, 19:16
Eu gets everything first lol

grytkungen
12-07-2009, 19:18
We all know this is definitely not true.

Actually, it is. The forum is basically equally represented of EU/NA players. EVERY poll that has been made about who plays on which server and where they will play, gives EU-server a win with about 10%.

Comment 1 from uneducated fool: "LOL NOT EVERYONE REGS FORUM AND VOTES".

This is correct. However, thats far from necessary. Last poll had about a total of 700 voters. If we assume that the forum is equally represented of EU/NA players (which it logically should be), then thats definately a large enough number to make statistical calculations from. Even with a generous margin of error, EU will end up as the server with more players.

Comment 2 from some other fool: "LOL ITS BIAS"

No.

Chefen
12-07-2009, 19:19
I had a shitload of fun yesterday, even tried out the trade routes ... might need a little bit bigger reward but other than that love it ! ;) Loads of pvp around ;D

moosenoir
12-07-2009, 19:19
i live in denmark ( far west ) and i have a fine connection.

Think im going for na then. i love to play with alot of ppl

KuraM
12-07-2009, 19:20
Then everyone will start doing 3am wars when their enemy is few in numbers, then we'll all switch so we sleep during the day and play at night then we all lose our jobs and can't afford to play anymore

There's got to be a middle ground somewhere. Less damage, able to block, limited targets for towers, or even replace with npc guards. ATM their just too damn strong.

Damokles
12-07-2009, 19:21
But the dude I quoted wasnt even a player, he was just ranting without any knowledge. There is people that rant and there is other ones that try to be honest. Look at Haizens or your Post, and at that Damokles Dude.. You can spot the difference easily.

Only because I am using a different board name, than IG/Account name does not mean i am not playing. I even got 2 active acounts and I play for sure more than 20 hours a week. Depends on how my job and my gf let me.
I am using different names for security reasons.

What I say is just what I experienced. Na just feels more alive and has the larger player base.
The polls you are talking about: Either they are just not well biased or they were done before the transfers.
I wish there would have only been one server and that one in Europe. I wish they never added that NA server. But they have and I just followed the majority of players.

Just think logically: NA got a larger player base for such games. There whole families play such games. In Europe it is different. On EU during the week, ppl are working before like 5pm GMT and going to bed after like 11-12 pm GMT. The player base is not large enough to fill the population off 5pm-11/12pm. After midnight EU is empty.
NA got a larger spread of timezones. Just because of that their main time is spread to a larger range. And they have a larger playerbase than Europe, thus the world is more populated at off times compaired on EU at off times. Also even if EU players would play on NA on evening times, it would be afternoon on the Eastcoast, thus there is already something going on. If EU players would play late night during the week, it would even be main time for NA, thus a lot is going on.

Again, if EU players can play mostly EU main times, it might be better to stay, but for those who play later or eariler (I know many of the ones with girlfriends/wives will know what i am talking about) NA is for sure better to get some action. Except you would get a ping of 250+ there. Then stick to EU.

Vogular
12-07-2009, 19:23
Some parts of Agon are silence, but i like it so i can do my own things.

After a while u know where to find players if u wanne pvp.

But u also know the places where u can live in peace and silence

moosenoir
12-08-2009, 14:49
i just wanted to say thanks for replies. just bought it. im patching now, i know i would have regret if i haven't, if i dont like it then bah, if i do, yay :D

gorfhag
12-08-2009, 16:09
EU population is fine. People only left the starting locations where newcomers skilling up and famr their first mobs in peace.

In one of our city is always about 20+ people and next 10 around it traveling from and back to it. I have no doubts that the same situation is in every other city. There are also people farming mobs on popular farm spots, many people on pvp hunts. It is not difficult to find action if you know where to go I think.

exuras
12-08-2009, 16:12
Nope, not dead. Just people have very few reasons to go out of their city except for PvP right now.