PDA

View Full Version : Question: How long till competitive?

natris
12-06-2009, 17:16
Hi,
is there any chance of being at least slightly competitive in the game if I start it playing now? Knowing how stats influence everything and how long these go up, and knowing how many people did grind masteries/magic/stats from and after the launch, will i live in a world where everyone has 2x more hp, 2x more dps, 2x more resists etc? Do you think it is possible to get at least partially competitive after lets say one or two months?
Thanks for your opinions

C^ae^R
12-06-2009, 17:19
If they fix pve, yes.

Atm new players can only hide in starting cities, away from the evil goblins on roids lol.

Njai
12-06-2009, 17:59
The longer you wait to play the bigger the gap is gonna be.

Phentis
12-06-2009, 19:46
PvE is the main problem for now. But I hope AV will fix it very soon :)

The patch is cool, I love wildlife creatures ))

Laxe
12-06-2009, 19:51
you can catch 6 month played char skills in a week if you have sumeone who will give you hints how to train all skills at fastest rate, and mining rock afk when you do stuff in ur home boosts vit quite good and fast

Fanatik09
12-06-2009, 19:54
People are such carebears, seriously (not directed at you OP). I have been playing 1 week so far, I have made good progress in stats/skills, I joined a clan, and have worked with the team to learn the game and defend the city. Have I got WTF Pwned by uber guys, yea sure I have, but did I make them stop and think and take some hp from them and put up a fight, yea sure I did, it was a team thing.

If you plan to go red, run around naked and hope to kill other players in week 1 forget it. Set some realistic goals, start with goblins in your starter city area, horde your loot, buy nothing. Then look for a clan, learn the game some, get exposed to some deper mechanics conversations and pve/pvp tactics.

Keep in mind when you start, you are a newb, you do need to learn and grow and develop. Even in WOW a 2 month old player will get slaughtered by a season 7 arena player, makes sense. I will be competitive in less than 2 months, I just will, even if my stats/skills are lower, because skill factors in also.

Decide what you want to do, do it well, save everything, be self sufficient, and learn to play with your team. You will die, but in every encounter ask what you took from the enemy before you died, and as you grow you will see what you take from them increase.

apher
12-06-2009, 21:19
Hi,
is there any chance of being at least slightly competitive in the game if I start it playing now? Knowing how stats influence everything and how long these go up, and knowing how many people did grind masteries/magic/stats from and after the launch, will i live in a world where everyone has 2x more hp, 2x more dps, 2x more resists etc? Do you think it is possible to get at least partially competitive after lets say one or two months?
Thanks for your opinions

I just deleted my char I had from day one and rerolled totaly new fresh one for RPz/iMMURSION reasons . So to answer your question: yes.

You can skip ele magic with new specializations. Weaponskill on mobs can be raised now like 6x faster than in the first few months. Only difference you might feel is in passive skills like rigor/defence and stats (thus HP). Mind tho that contrary to popular belief passive skills are not a "win" button. The advantage is rather slight imo. As for stats, if you know what to do, raising them up to 40s is really easy. I would say this plus 25 mastery is a matter of 3 weeks. If you reallly mean 2 months there shouldnt be a problem AT ALL to catch up to older players.

Fanatik09
12-06-2009, 21:33
I just deleted my char I had from day one and rerolled totaly new fresh one for RPz/iMMURSION reasons . So to answer your question: yes.

You can skip ele magic with new specializations. Weaponskill on mobs can be raised now like 6x faster than in the first few months. Only difference you might feel is in passive skills like rigor/defence and stats (thus HP). Mind tho that contrary to popular belief passive skills are not a "win" button. The advantage is rather slight imo. As for stats, if you know what to do, raising them up to 40s is really easy. I would say this plus 25 mastery is a matter of 3 weeks. If you reallly mean 2 months there shouldnt be a problem AT ALL to catch up to older players.

I agree with this based on what I am seeing, within the first week I have 45 archery, 44 greataxe and starting on basic greater magic. I have str and wisdom at 30. This is with a massive amount of goofing off and exploring thrown in. If I was hardcore focusing on specific details I could be significantly higher.

Giblar
12-06-2009, 22:15
The new stat elixirs are meant to help catch up as well. At least if they were really implemented in a good way and work as intended this time.

Ayn Sheron
12-06-2009, 22:37
PvE isn't really a big problem

farmers cannot do anymore 30 000 gold a day?

Now it's impossible for them to farm the high end monsters.
that's why they whine.

however i'm agree PvE need a little fix.
(less magic spam and less shoot spam for the mobs)

kioskies
12-06-2009, 22:49
Honestly, there are still newbs everywhere that you can fight against. I was playing with a reroll a couple days ago and killed a couple people on my own. Then I grouped up with a slightly developed character (who had no gear) and we were able to go on an 8 kill streak before the night ended.

When you're a newb, the learning curve for the player will hold you back as much as the difference in skill levels will. That is, if you start now you probably wont be able to get as many kills as I did with my 1 day old character reroll, but that's only because I started playing in beta. The cool thing about Darkfall is that you get better as your ability to understand and play the game personally develops, it's not just dependent on your character's stats.

And it's actually a lot easier to close the gap now than it used to be, after melee and magic were made to level up 3x (6x on creatures) faster than they used to.

xpiher
12-06-2009, 23:18
Hi,
Thanks for your opinions

Since magic is usless once they fix PvE for newbies, you'll be competitive in 3 days of nothing but archery killing mobs.