PDA

View Full Version : This is how you play Darkfall..

Frisca
11-17-2009, 12:57
Well, let's just put it this way ... I don't use magic as it is annoying to have so many quick slots all over the place ...

Well, I saw this thing in operation (did not try it yet, and what I saw was a prototype...). I was impressed, no lag whatsoever and it takes 10-15 hours to get used to it and learn to think specific things for specific actions (key combinations). Like think a fireball impact and you get "shit-x" (kick slot tab number), x (number of quick slot for fireball), "left click".

Still, I am ordering one :)

http://www.emotiv.com/

Temko Firewing
11-17-2009, 13:15
15hours? lol

Average time learning even the most basic command can take up to 60 hours (ie: SPACE!)

and yes, wile this is a wonderous advancement in adding to the multi tier use of a system if it accept multiple signals at once, it is still fledging and you'll get more use out of setting up a macro-mouse then this for darkfall.

ChemicalBlack
11-17-2009, 13:22
G15+Mouse with 7 buttons=Better than that expensive piece of crap.

kil_2k
11-17-2009, 13:32
Like think a fireball impact and you get "shit-x"

This could go really wrong.

BAKehT
11-17-2009, 13:35
Well, let's just put it this way ... I don't use magic as it is annoying to have so many quick slots all over the place ...

Well, I saw this thing in operation (did not try it yet, and what I saw was a prototype...). I was impressed, no lag whatsoever and it takes 10-15 hours to get used to it and learn to think specific things for specific actions (key combinations). Like think a fireball impact and you get "shit-x" (kick slot tab number), x (number of quick slot for fireball), "left click".

http://www.emotiv.com/
Sooo... you just never run out of money then?

Skinstripper
11-17-2009, 14:18
The Razer Naga (http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-naga/) plus the Logitech G13 (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboards/keyboard/devices/5123&cl=us,en) is all I need :)

Frisca
11-17-2009, 14:18
Sooo... you just never run out of money then?

Nope, got a job... money get's replenished once/month.

It yes, it takes a long time to train for it unless you had prior training in similar devices and you can quickly focus on specific images/emotions, etc. Once that is done, you create stable, easy to "read" patterns. Read a bit more about the technology... as long as "you" are trained to use it, new devices/commands are very fast to master.

Hekkr
11-17-2009, 14:21
rofl. if you would buy that PoS you are throwing away ur money.

kil_2k
11-17-2009, 14:23
rofl. if you would buy that PoS you are throwing away ur money.

You won't be saying that when he's controlling a death robot with lazer eyes from the safety of a secret bunker.

Helgrrr
11-17-2009, 14:26
the advertising blurb:

Fulfill the fantasy of having supernatural powers and controlling the world with your mind!

lmfaoooooooooo

Frisca
11-17-2009, 15:01
the advertising blurb:

Fulfill the fantasy of having supernatural powers and controlling the world with your mind!

lmfaoooooooooo

Yeah, agree about the marketing, it's BS all over the place :)
The device itself is great. Can't wait to see how it works in games. Then again, it's the first commercial, mass produced model... Original 3d cards were useless and stupid and a waste of cash too, right ?

MortalZero
11-17-2009, 15:08
i would be happy if i could simply adjust a Wii controller to play Darkfall..

raffraff
11-17-2009, 15:34
I for one welcome our new cyborg dwarf overlord.

Frisca
11-17-2009, 16:36
I for one welcome our new cyborg dwarf overlord.

And when you think that it took 2-3 days to pick between the name of "New Hope" and "The Borg" back in the day... :D Ironic!

Kilzen
11-18-2009, 05:04
This thread is too emo /wrist

kgeckoc
11-18-2009, 06:32
Seems like to good to be true but it would be cool if it worked.

RelentlesCoward
11-18-2009, 12:50
Is there any speech recognition program that lets you program and bind keyboard keys?

Emolas
11-18-2009, 14:54
is there any speech recognition program that lets you program and bind keyboard keys?

"magic missile!"? :D

Don Chino
11-18-2009, 17:11
And when you think that it took 2-3 days to pick between the name of "New Hope" and "The Borg" back in the day... :D Ironic!

Im glad you chose New Hope, I would never of joined a clan called "The Borg"

(Logan)

Fizbanui
11-18-2009, 18:27
:lmao: