PDA

View Full Version : Giving Darkfall a try!!! I have some Questions.

taymana337
11-16-2009, 23:13
Hello all,

Im a long time player of Asherons Call. Darktide server only. Ive finally quit Darktide, and deleted Asherons Call. Pretty much gave my account away in general chat. I would like some information about DF from people that have played Darktide server in Asherons Call.

I dont really know what questions to ask about DF, but is it similar to Asherons Call? How do you players of Asherons Call rate it?

Im looking for people who played Darktide server in Asherons Call to give me a review of it.

Thank you all.

Makgyver
11-16-2009, 23:15
well you have to aim your spells :P

dark-M
11-16-2009, 23:21
well you can dodge things

Ruyn
11-16-2009, 23:21
I haven't played AC so I won't comment but just wanted to say, welcome to Darkfall.

Fenrir Frauki
11-16-2009, 23:24
http://www.youtube.com/user/dr34d0g#p/u/11/4_Z2HUX9TEQ

Baloniman
11-16-2009, 23:26
Loved Darktide, Loved Asheron's Call, and I Love Darkfall, with the introduction of this new expansion the game will be quite the gem. If you enjoyed Asheron's Call I can assure you if you invest a little bit of time you will love Darkfall just as much as the old AC.

Brother Justin
11-16-2009, 23:29
Welcome!

Bank often, join a clan.

Have fun.

Liverbest_Gibs
11-16-2009, 23:32
Darkfall requires skill in PvP, just as in Asheron's Call, except even more skill. Much more skill, perhaps. The PvP rates above Asheron's Call, but AC wins in the PvE. Darkfall just doesn't have as much of the in-game lore, quests, and events that AC has. Hopefully that changes over the next few years.

Also, equipment is easier to replenish in Darkfall. You don't have as many rare and powerful items as AC has. Pretty much everything in Darkfall can be crafted.

taymana337
11-17-2009, 02:45
Thank you for the responses!!!

See you IG soon!! :)

johnnyc3po
11-17-2009, 03:28
well you can dodge things

You can't truly dodge things until the patch.. for the time being you can move out of the way if the AOE is far enough away.

Darkfall is currently Magicfall, hopefully this will change with the patch.

Please don't call it an expansion, it's simply a patch.

RelentlesCoward
11-17-2009, 03:47
A patch is something between changing the skin color of a mob and fixing spelling a vendor name right.

This is an Expansion.

melipone
11-17-2009, 04:40
A patch is something between changing the skin color of a mob and fixing spelling a vendor name right.

This is an Expansion.

Games need both to survive..should be patches to balance between "expansions". I really hope they don't just plop out this expac and not observe the changes like they did last time

Cunning
11-17-2009, 05:30
http://www.youtube.com/user/dr34d0g#p/u/11/4_Z2HUX9TEQ

Is that guy fucking joking?

Edit: I'm going to be epic. I want to be a legend. I AM Darkfall. Or something cool anywayz.

lanigav
11-17-2009, 15:30
WTF that guy was terribad!! What a horrible video by a mouthbreather.

davgame
11-17-2009, 15:35
Bank often, join a clan.

Have fun.
wise words

be carefull on npc town with the crafterganksquadwars if you are on a clan.

taymana337
11-18-2009, 07:07
What a fucking joke. horrible. gave my account away in general chat the first day......lol

peace.

Rosie
11-18-2009, 07:30
Welcome!

Bank often, join a clan.

Have fun.

Listen to Brother Justin you should.

First rule of Darkfall; Bank Often!
Second rule of Darkfall; BANK OFTEN!

The join a clan part, well that's negotiable. I've gone clanless for 95% of my time in DF. But my goals are different from most. If you plan to work on your own a lot; mining, logging, herbing, fishing, crafting, etc, a clan can be a liability. Many clans will war your clan just to be able to kill you at an crafting station and loot you. However, if huge ePeen warmongering is what you're here for, a clan is a must.

Welcome to Darkfall. Best game since pre-Tram UO.

Edit:

What a fucking joke. horrible. gave my account away in general chat the first day......lol

peace.

Wait what?! You played DF for all of a few hours and gave your account away. I knew ADHD had gotten bad, but I had no idea it was that bad.

Akatsuki#1
11-18-2009, 08:02

peace.

Either
1. Terrible troll

or

2. Simply spent too long gaming with the other grand dads on darktide and can't compete over here.

Nitsua185
11-18-2009, 08:30
Probably a troll, there is no way you can play AC Darktide for a long period of time(I did), and not love this game and think its the only thing that competes with it(I do).

If he's for real he was a baddie on DT that hid under someone shitty clans wing .