PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Conquer the Seas

Dark Slawter
11-16-2009, 00:25
The next expansion is called Conquer the Seas. Therefore I think that ships should be made faster. But to put more thought into this, ships should be made faster, by having more people working on the ship.
Using the sails? Navigation? Hell, even scrubbing the decks. This way, its more practical, (maybe RP influential), AND its looks cool :cool:

empa
11-16-2009, 00:32
The next expansion is called Conquer the Seas. Therefore I think that ships should be made faster. But to put more thought into this, ships should be made faster, by having more people working on the ship.
Using the sails? Navigation? Hell, even scrubbing the decks. This way, its more practical, (maybe RP influential), AND its looks cool :cool:

I think the whole idea of conquer the seas is cause they gonna focus on ship combat and stuff like that.

pete the pirate
11-16-2009, 00:33

Quick there catching up,we need more scrubbers:lmao:

Captain Kirk
11-16-2009, 00:35
Racial ships!? :ninja:

Ginger Magician
11-16-2009, 00:38
I dont see how ship combat is going to work really to be honest.

What is the purpose of using a ship now?

To have a nice ride round an empty ocean?

How are ships ever going to be relevant when the sea area of the map is so small and there is no reason for anyone to ever sail the seas apart from travel which in many cases is made through use of houses and runestones and clan bindstones and doesnt even make people use the seas at all.

If there are really putting a lot of effort into this area then I think its a mistake.Ship combat has no relevance to 95% of the population.

Whats the point of spending time resources and money on an item that is going to be used by 2 or 3 big alliances and involve maybe 100 players?

Leg enD
11-16-2009, 00:42
sea objectives...

l2read.

Ginger Magician
11-16-2009, 00:43
sea objectives...

l2read.

You mean like villages in the sea or what?

Can you link some info on this.

Realbigdeal22
11-16-2009, 03:16
I think there should be some small island around the sea where you can build base on them with viable reason to force clans to capture them for harvesting or stuff like that. ITs name conquer the sea so there have to be an option to really conquer the sea you know...

freeze_SD
11-16-2009, 04:07
I think there should be some small island around the sea where you can build base on them with viable reason to force clans to capture them for harvesting or stuff like that. ITs name conquer the sea so there have to be an option to really conquer the sea you know...

ah, just shut up

mechsword
11-16-2009, 04:22
yea some really far off small to medium sized islands would be awesome, with some nice clan cities

Furyos
11-16-2009, 04:56
Who gives a shit? It's a free expansion in a game we'd play anyway. Quit bitching. It's not going to be great, it's not going to be shitty. It's just something new you get for free.

FFS

Cing
11-16-2009, 06:26
Darkfall needs moar mermaids.

OM NOM NOM
11-16-2009, 07:02
You mean like villages in the sea or what?

Can you link some info on this.

there is no info, just the fact that they are adding "sea objectives"

Signus
11-16-2009, 07:13
I dont see how ship combat is going to work really to be honest.

What is the purpose of using a ship now?

To have a nice ride round an empty ocean?

How are ships ever going to be relevant when the sea area of the map is so small and there is no reason for anyone to ever sail the seas

Hence why they are significantly adding to it in the expansion? Significant enough to, in spite of all the OTHER big things they're doing, to name the entire expansion after the naval aspect. I think common sense passed you on the wayside there ;)

Daedros
11-16-2009, 10:31
Maybe one of the World Stones will be revealed in the expansion, is in the ocean, and can be captured for a certain amount of time by clans. Would be a definate incentive for Sea PvP.

SeverinCompte
11-16-2009, 16:48
Nah, submarines!